• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I can't download it. Export is available but when you click on it each song just has three dots next to them.

Only song on the list that's actually available to buy is Wanted... by Bon Jovi but I already own it.

Utter shambles of a game. Continually get server errors on the normal store too.

It's widespread, I've got the same. Fix is due for next week.

FyreWulff

I can't download it. Export is available but when you click on it each song just has three dots next to them.

Only song on the list that's actually available to buy is Wanted... by Bon Jovi but I already own it.

Utter shambles of a game. Continually get server errors on the normal store too.

It was said somewhere that Sony doesn't have a test environment for whatever method is used to deploy this. They have to do all the bug discovery on retail:

We got the go-ahead to "flip the final switch." Unfortunately, there's not a way to test this ahead of time, but we feel good about this working.

So this is all on Sony. Harmonix won't say it because they're being diplomatic.. but this is 100% Sony.

I really just want to finish career mode, as I really prefer simple quick play, so if it helps me breeze through faster, and doesn't screw up the leaderboards. I'm gonna try it. So you just start on hard, then pause, and restart on expert? Doesn't doing that completely rest your score?

Also, does finishing career mode make more venues available in quick play? I don't remember.

It resets your score, but if you change difficulty without fully restarting the song, the threshold for 5 stars is set to whatever the starting difficulty is. So by that note, it would be easier to 5 star something on expert if you began on hard then changed difficulty even before the first note hit.
It won't place you anywhere on leaderboards, and it makes it impossible to gold star, but it still gets you a 5 star "expert" score.

Gobbly

Banned
It resets your score, but if you change difficulty without fully restarting the song, the threshold for 5 stars is set to whatever the starting difficulty is. So by that note, it would be easier to 5 star something on expert if you began on hard then changed difficulty even before the first note hit.
It won't place you anywhere on leaderboards, and it makes it impossible to gold star, but it still gets you a 5 star "expert" score.
So theoretically you could change it to easy and get 5 stars? Guess it means I could get that otherwise unobtainable (for me) '5 star all rock band 4 songs on expert' trophy.

Okay, I'm a little annoyed about the RB1 export scenario, but having actually played the game since the latest patch, ooooh, that new main menu, it's nice. I've always thought that it looked off since they added Brutal Mode, like you could tell it was just shoved on the menu and left there. Amazing what a bit of organisation can do. And look! There's space for Practice Mode and that other oft requested feature.

I should really get round to finishing Career Mode now though. Had the game since launch and it's pretty much entirely been Quickplay.

Kolma

Okay, I'm a little annoyed about the RB1 export scenario, but having actually played the game since the latest patch, ooooh, that new main menu, it's nice. I've always thought that it looked off since they added Brutal Mode, like you could tell it was just shoved on the menu and left there. Amazing what a bit of organisation can do. And look! There's space for Practice Mode and that other oft requested feature.

I should really get round to finishing Career Mode now though. Had the game since launch and it's pretty much entirely been Quickplay.

I'm in the same boat, Career Mode just hasn't really interested me enough to keep playing it, especially with scores not saving on it.

So theoretically you could change it to easy and get 5 stars? Guess it means I could get that otherwise unobtainable (for me) '5 star all rock band 4 songs on expert' trophy.
No, because the threshold for stars is set to the expert score. Now if you started on easy then went to expert, you would blow the challenge away.

vg260

Doesn't that only work for the first song on a career mode set though because you'll be entering the second song on expert?

Doesn't that only work for the first song on a career mode set though because you'll be entering the second song on expert?

Hmmm. I haven't messed that much with it yet. But you could switch and restart on the second song. Doing so still preserves the score on the first song usually. I really don't know.

Yep, no way Stressed Out wouldn't be released if they got the license. Good pick.

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself for sure. Maybe Sorry and something else for a pack.
Lamb of God - Redneck is the only one I expect to definitely see.
The Romantics - What I Like About You is the only real option.
Weezer - Stuff off the new album. King of the World is likely.

MrNelson

Banned
Oh my God. I never thought Twenty One Pilots would ever be added as dlc.

It's probably too much to hope they put the entirety of Vessel in the game, but if I can at least get Ode to Sleep I can die a happy man.

vg260

Haven't really been digging the DLC lately. Almost all of this month is a pass for me.

I'm really itching for some 80s metal. Like some more Maiden, Dio, or even Anthrax or some hair band or something. It's been pretty dry on that front.

opoth

Banned
My wife will enjoy the Twenty One Pilots - there's too many mornings where I get woken up to her telling me to "wake up it's time to make money!"

Talking in Your Sleep tho

Talking in Your Sleep? That would be my pick.

They aren't getting a pack and What I Like About You is far and away their biggest hit. They might get two singles (Bruno Mars did a little ago) but I doubt it.

We've got two weeks and four artists. Lamb of God doesn't really fit with any of the other bands and so will probably get a pack. Justin Bieber, The Romantics and Weezer will get a single each.

vg260

They aren't getting a pack and What I Like About You is far and away their biggest hit. They might get two singles (Bruno Mars did a little ago) but I doubt it.

So, you're telling me there's a chance? :p
edit: Talking in your sleep was a pretty big 80s hit, and between their official videos on YouTube, Talking has over a million more views. It's not impossible.

Didn't they have an issue with What I like about You in GH80s?

MrNelson

Banned

Didn't they have an issue with the song in GH80s?
If I remember correctly, they believed that they had used the masters for the song, rather than a cover. Personally, I couldn't see it, as it obviously sounded like a cover to me.

edit: Talking in your sleep was a pretty big 80s hit, and between their official videos, Talking has over million more views. It's not impossible.

Didn't they have an issue with the song in GH80s?

Yeah, the cover band covered the song too well.

Kind of funny, really.

vg260

Yeah, the cover band covered the song too well.

Kind of funny, really.

That's so bizzare. Wasn't there a lawsuit threatened? I wonder if that makes it more or less likely for them to license that song again?
edit: It was licensed properly by the label who held the rights and owned the song, so the suit was thrown out. So the band probably has no say in master use.

Speaking of GH80s, we really need Shakin' in an Eddie Money Pack. Seems like an easy license.

Also need some Counting Crows. Weird there's only been the one Lego RB song.

That's so bizzare. Wasn't there a lawsuit threatened? I wonder if that makes it more or less likely for them to license that song again?

Speaking of GH80s, we really need Shakin' in an Eddie Money Pack. Seems like an easy license.

Also need some Counting Crows. Weird there's only been the one Lego RB song.

Yep, lawsuit and everything. But I would guess that if the relationship was that bad we wouldn't get Romantics at all, so I think either one of their two bigger hits would be plausible.

And yeah, Mr. Jones is that one 90s Alt song that I can't believe they haven't licensed yet.

Haven't really been digging the DLC lately. Almost all of this month is a pass for me.

I'm really itching for some 80s metal. Like some more Maiden, Dio, or even Anthrax or some hair band or something. It's been pretty dry on that front.

We've been pretty dry on music before 2010, period.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/719525449458561024

Cake by the Ocean, Stressed Out, and The Hills, respectively.

edit; The rest of the artists for the month:

We have more exciting DLC lined up for the rest of April. Stay tuned for tracks from:

Justin Bieber
Lamb of God
The Romantics
Weezer

Well, I guess this month does kind of cover a bunch of varied genres, so I guess I can't fault them for that. But it's still possibly a pass for the whole month. Justin Bieber and Lamb of God are on both sides of the "Hell no" spectrum, might get What I Like About You to add to the GH 80s collection, and Weezer depends entirely on what they release. Not heard the new album, and I didn't purchase Thank God for Girls when it came out as I just found it particularly average. But Cleopatra would be a definite buy, and the album might surprise me. Weezer just seem to be one of those bands for me.

At least we should finally be able to play the RB1 exports this week. Hopefully.

Kolma

Want Stressed Out and Cake by the Ocean this week D:
Might want Weezer depending on what they put out..
Wish I didn't have to spend 18 bucks buying songs that were getting delisted this month :(

More Judas Priest, please. I want the studio version of British Steel, and maybe some stuff off Defenders of the Faith.

vg260

More Judas Priest, please. I want the studio version of British Steel, and maybe some stuff off Defenders of the Faith.

It was a crime we got those live tracks. That and the Tom Petty stuff makes me sad. Those were case of where I would have rathered they not release anything at the time.

I've been asking for twenty one pilots on the daily so this is great news

The rest of the shit who cares but I'd like an entire discography pack for TOP so I'll take what I can get

It was a crime we got those live tracks. That and the Tom Petty stuff makes me sad. Those were case of where I would have rathered they not release anything at the time.
Aw, I get your point about the Judas Priest tracks, but the Tom Petty packs were awesome. I much prefer to listen to live versions of most of the tracks, A Woman in Love, Breakdown and The Nightwatchman in particular. They don't fade out after 2-3 minutes.

SFenton

Aw, I get your point about the Judas Priest tracks, but the Tom Petty packs were awesome. I much prefer to listen to live versions of most of the tracks, A Woman in Love, Breakdown and The Nightwatchman in particular. They don't fade out after 2-3 minutes.

Yeah, live Petty was really, really good. Would still love studio American Girl.

Live Priest... nah.

vg260

Yeah, live Petty was really, really good. Would still love studio American Girl.

Live Priest... nah.

Maybe about half of the Petty tracks were OK as lives ones, but not the huge radio hits where the vast majority of people know the radio and MTV versions by heart.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AC/DC is "out" on Xbox in that the songs are on the marketplace. The export still doesn't work. Neither do my Rock Band 2 bonus tracks.

Off The Charts 04: Nope! No, nuh-uh! Nada!
The Romantics: Excellent!
Weezer: Mixed opinion. Hopefully older material.
Lamb Of God: Could be good depending on the tracks on offer.
Bieber: No thanks, do not want.

50/50 for me it would seem. Better than LAST month at least. Kind of annoyed we're getting DLC repeats already though. Beiber, The Weeknd, and Weezer have all been DLC over the past few months already.

pacman85

They're all out on XBox, right?
Nope, still waiting on my AC/DC export, 20 RB2 bonus songs, Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2, Classic Rock Track Pack, Metal Track Pack, and all of the delisted songs I bought. Oh and the 10, or so, RBN songs I bought are on my "would love if they could get them on there but not expecting it" list. In other words, they still have plenty to sort out on XBox One.

I hope they offer the guitar standalone in white.

Also I looked around for deals on RB4 in Canada, and Best Buy has the guitar bundle for $110 final clearance. Yikes.

Top Bottom