• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

mreddie

CgFq8peUYAA1-AO.jpg

People need to get on board with EWBAITE and the White Album. We have enough older Weezer (which I love) and the new stuff needs some love. Some great stuff from the last two albums.

FyreWulff

Someone suggested on Reddit about a week ago to add in a "Last Call" category for expiring songs. HMXJosh responded that they'd look into it, as it was a bit more than a technical thing...

.. they just added it to the store!

U0oUVlol.jpg

a7r85Vsl.png

and yes, he knows he botched the test account name blur job.. :V

Gleethor

Someone suggested on Reddit about a week ago to add in a "Last Call" category for expiring songs. HMXJosh responded that they'd look into it, as it was a bit more than a technical thing...

U0oUVlol.jpg

a7r85Vsl.png

Pretty great turnaround

U0oUVlol.jpg

a7r85Vsl.png

This is great. Most importantly because I completely forgot that songs were being delisted, so I've bought everything I didn't own already. Whether I'll play them is a different matter, but that's just further proof that I'm a sucker for Rock Band.

pacman85

So they are going to announce the May update details at PAX this Sunday according to Josh's comment(s) on reddit. Any ideas of what it might be? Looking at their page for PAX it reads "Major announcements -- This is big stuff. Promise." But, I doubt it will be online (I think they are saving that for E3) and practice mode coming in the May update seems like it wouldn't be a major announcement per say. Maybe more details about the partnership with PDP and the new instruments coming out this fall? Or would they save that for E3 and drop the online bombshell at PAX this Sunday?

So they are going to announce the May update details at PAX this Sunday according to Josh's comment(s) on reddit. Any ideas of what it might be? Looking at their page for PAX it reads "Major announcements -- This is big stuff. Promise." But, I doubt it will be online (I think they are saving that for E3) and practice mode coming in the May update seems like it wouldn't be a major announcement per say. Maybe more details about the partnership with PDP and the new instruments coming out this fall? Or would they save that for E3 and drop the online bombshell at PAX this Sunday?

I believe we'll get May info, and probably what PDP is doing. And I think they are making a wireless midi adapter. Just a guess.

And they'll probably drop hints on what were getting in the fall, which will probably be online.

I hope Jacked Up is the Weezer pick next week. Every Weezer fan on GAF I've seen hates it and I've decided it's one of my favourites on the album. Fight me.

Who am I kidding it's probably going to be King of the World.

FyreWulff

5$ neither the May update or the mysterious Fall update are online play.

The Fall Update is probably related to PDP heavily in some way, though.

5$ neither the May update or the mysterious Fall update are online play.

The Fall Update is probably related to PDP heavily in some way, though.

I would be shocked if the fall update doesn't have to do with online in some form. There's a good chance (IMO) it won't contain competitive (they'll keep that to async leaderboard challenges), but I expect some form of co-op online play to be part of the fall update.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't expect it to be in either update, but I'm hoping they officially announce they're working on it.

pacman85

i personally don't really want online added (never played rock band online in my life) and would rather harmonix use their resources to develop other features or at least add features to make it on par with rock band 3 in other areas. that being said, i'm tired of hearing people complain about it so i hope they add it in just for them. i gotta imagine it's just a very vocal minority though compared to the overall rock band player base otherwise harmonix would have put it in the base game.

Rated-G

i personally don't really want online added (never played rock band online in my life) and would rather harmonix use their resources to develop other features or at least add features to make it on par with rock band 3 in other areas. that being said, i'm tired of hearing people complain about it so i hope they add it in just for them. i gotta imagine it's just a very vocal minority though compared to the overall rock band player base otherwise harmonix would have put it in the base game.

Agreed. Honestly, I know it's a hell of a long shot, but the biggest thing they could do for me with this game would be adding keys support. (And Right Now by Van Halen)

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Agreed. Honestly, I know it's a hell of a long shot, but the biggest thing they could do for me with this game would be adding keys support. (And Right Now by Van Halen)

Unfortunately they said Keys will never come back so don't hold your breath. At least with online they've said it's still on the table but Pro Guitar and Keys are dead. Which really sucks because Keys was one of my favorite instruments to play in RB3 and having Pro mode for it was a real selling point for any DLC with a Keys part.
And I think the only thing they could do to save RB4 would be to bring back online. My friends and I still have the occasional RB party but even then I just buy DLC to have it in my library and almost never play it anymore. Having online would at least give me a reason as I could join an online band and do some of the career together or something.

chunk3rvd

One thing I never see people ask for that I loved from RB3 is career goals. I felt they really extended the life of single player, giving me loads of extra stuff to work towards. I also loved the way that more goals were available based on the DLC and exports you had and thought it was a good incentive to get people buying more DLC (although research they've done probably shows otherwise). Would surely be easy to implement as well? it's just a bunch of flags and stat recording similar to trophies/achievements. Actually, maybe switching the format to a DLC pack style of extra trophies could make people more likely to use the feature as well?

Gorger

Online is the only thing that would make me come back and support the game again. I have more than 1500 songs and been a huge supporter of Harmonix, but without online there is just no point for me playing the game over RB3. Most of my friends I've befriended over Rock Band/Guitar Hero are in the same shoes, and some of them won't even buy the game. I mean, we want to play with each other, and for many of us it's either playing with online friends or alone, which just isn't very fun for this type of game. Also watching the many RB4 related PSN community groups there is just walls of people asking about online.

Next gen consoles have made online in general so quick, streamlined and easy compared to pre gen consoles. It's so simpler to setup parties while the community groups are a great tool to find people with similar taste and DLC. These features would benefit greatly for making the online experience better than what it was in Rock Band 3. It's just a huge shame we might never even see RB 4 online for this generation.

Gorger

They have already stated clearly several times clearly that piano will NEVER come back.

With online at least we still have a shot since it's still on the table, and the more noise it generates the bigger is the chance they will actually do it.

Gorger

It's a bit sad really. This was Harmonix' best work IMO. And just reminiscing how fun and awesome it was to discover The Beatles through this game is making me a bit sad.

Also this intro man. Hits me right in the feels.

https://youtu.be/WnZI7fkUGOA

I was blown away when I saw that intro for the first time. The Beatles platinum is my rarest achievement on my PS profile. Really a fantastic game, and it's such a shame we never got the songs over to Rock Band.

Don't want to sound cynical, but what's the point? I'd rather they did something useful like put half the features they dropped from RB3 back in the game.

I know it's only a small thing but when you have people asking for online play, practice mode, character creation (hell, even setlists were only recently added) making your game an advert for someone else's seems like a bad PR move.

FyreWulff

Don't want to sound cynical, but what's the point? I'd rather they did something useful like put half the features they dropped from RB3 back in the game.

I know it's only a small thing but when you have people asking for online play, practice mode, character creation (hell, even setlists were only recently added) making your game an advert for someone else's seems like a bad PR move.

Artists aren't programmers. Putting models in (even though it's Gearbox stuff. eeeeh) isn't preventing online from showing up.

Anyway, apparently the big announcement is Sunday.

FFMafia

If I don't have a previous gen console and I never owned the old rock bands, is there a way to buy the songs off of those games for my rockband 4?

If I don't have a previous gen console and I never owned the old rock bands, is there a way to buy the songs off of those games for my rockband 4?

For the most part, no. Aside from the in-house bands like Bang Camaro and Anarchy Club, there are only a handful of on-disc tracks that have been made available as DLC: Wanted Dead or Alive, Livin' on a Prayer, Spoonman, Give It Away, You Give Love a Bad Name, We Will Rock You, and We Are the Champions.

FyreWulff

Practice mode was already confirmed back in January for Later 2016. Online mode was still "It's not guaranteed but it's not off the table"

Top Bottom