• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

zulux21

Personally autocalibration isn't working very well for me. I have a 55'' HD TV connected to a receiver through HDMI, and they give me completely wrong numbers especially with video. Audio is more on point, but it's still incredible difficulty for me to calibrate Rock Band 4 properly. It also doesn't help that it feels like the game goes further out of synch the longer you play. It's just extremely frustrating to constantly have to exit the game to fiddle with the calibration settings when nothing you do seem to improve it. .

Hopefully Harmonix will improve calibration it in the future, at least they have been asking people about their TV's and calibration settings, so maybe they are onto something.

Then again for others, it was just a matter of autocalibrating once and the thing worked flawlessly. So it's really hard to say.
yeah I have been having some issues, while I don't have issues on 3, 4 it almost feels like the calibration for mic and drums are different. though I think that was actually an issue with the mic that was patched a patch or two ago. I am still waiting for my coldplay tracks before I play again :/
though since I have lego rock band tracks that will help a bit.
but damn it the scientist is such a good vocal warm up song :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The auto calibration has worked amazing for me. Pteviously I was using the GH 5 guitar and for the life of me I could not get the calibration numbers right. Then I just got the RB4 guitar and it fixed all my calibration issues. I had problems with disconnection issues, but updating the firmware on the RB4 guitar fixed it. Haven't had a disconnect.

Gorger

The auto calibration has worked amazing for me. Pteviously I was using the GH 5 guitar and for the life of me I could not get the calibration numbers right. Then I just got the RB4 guitar and it fixed all my calibration issues. I had problems with disconnection issues, but updating the firmware on the RB4 guitar fixed it. Haven't had a disconnect.

Unfortunately I can't stand the RB4 guitar at all, so I will stick with the Warriors of Rock guitar no matter what.

It's only when you're playing the really tricky soloes at expert the calibration issues becomes clearly noticeable.

My calibration settings is like 200/230 which is just insane latency delay.

Kolma

I know what you mean. "We Are The Champions" would have been pretty impressive with the old crowd sing-along levels.

I'm actually surprised they didn't just let users keep both options and have the max crowd volume for sing-alongs be what it was in the original release, but let users adjust it to the level to suit their taste. I actually liked it when it was quite loud.

They should bring in that realistic crowd option from The Beatles Rock Band

on best buy meaning 20% more can be taken off if you are a GCU member.

with it being $50 after GCU and taxes and me being able to sell/trade the game for 17-25 I am tempted to get a $30 guitar for no other reason than auto-calibration.

would it be worth it if I don't feel like i can currently get the calibration right?
Tempting. I think the full band bundle is still $130 at Meijer. I got the legacy adapter in December and still haven't used it. But a new guitar does sound nice.

Gleethor

Disappointed that practice mode doesn't play individual parts when slowed down anymore :/ or at least it doesn't in the preview video HMX posted.

EYEL1NER

I was out of the country at the Rock Band 4 launch but finally got back recently and the deal popped up today for the guitar bundle at Best Buy, so I went and picked one up. I can't wait to get it installed and start downloading my extensive DLC library. Pretty bummed that I can't get Rock Band 2 or Lego Rock Band into the game though; I remember starting the RB2 export process to get the songs into RB3 but I stopped just before paying and decided that it wasn't necessary at that time, since I preferred the way RB2 played to RB3 and intended to just keep using RB2 as my main disc (outside of playing RB3 songs or new DLC). As for Lego Rock Band, I'm not sure why I never exported it, but I didn't.

Oh well... I did the RB1 export and can still do the RB3 export. Still kind of salty though.

Having just fired up the game since the April update, it seems the exploit for changing difficulties on the fly is gone. If you go to change difficulties it says your score will not be saved unless you restart. Seems like a very simple and easy fix to the problem. Cool.

TheWorst

Can somebody explain to me what I have to do to get the RB3 export to work? I've played some of RB 3 and earned a couple trophies, but I still can't get it to work. And I played several days ago, so I doubt it has to do with not waiting long enough before trying to export.

EYEL1NER

Well, I've gone through the store and added 200 songs that showed as 'purchased' to my wish list and will download them later, it's getting pretty late here. There are a lot of songs that I can't wait to play and a lot more that I found while scrolling through that I am kicking myself for not buying before the prices went back up. So I can't wait to get my library roughly 'finished' up to as close to what it should be as possible so I can start playing.

There is quite a bit of disappointment though. Some of my favorite songs to play were all of the Freezepop songs and apparently I have to pay $15 for the 30 song pack if I want to play those again. I was also looking through the RB1 songs for "De-Luxe" by Lush only to realize that I was mistaken and it was actually in RB2. Some of the disc-based track packs aren't ready yet. There are some songs that I could swear that I own but the spot where it shows a price or if it was purchased or is in your library just sits there loading these three dots and if I try to purchase to see if they are free, it just says they are not available. And I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to verify in the morning after some sleep, but I do not think all of my Rock Band 1 content is showing up (all of what was exportable, anyway. I know it was only 47 songs).

So I don't know. I am eager to play the game. I scrolled through the on-disc soundtrack really quickly and realized that I really like it. I was disappointed with GH Live and know that the Rock Band formula won't let me down. But (and I do t want to sound like I am whining too much), I am really bummed over what I have lost, what is missing, and what I can't have. Especially when it comes to Freezepop, Bang Camaro, and Honest Bob.

FyreWulff

Disappointed that practice mode doesn't play individual parts when slowed down anymore :/ or at least it doesn't in the preview video HMX posted.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a request of the labels for practice mode to be implemented. They confirmed before that the reason RB4 enforces miss sounds again is due to the labels.

There is quite a bit of disappointment though. Some of my favorite songs to play were all of the Freezepop songs and apparently I have to pay $15 for the 30 song pack if I want to play those again. I was also looking through the RB1 songs for "De-Luxe" by Lush only to realize that I was mistaken and it was actually in RB2. Some of the disc-based track packs aren't ready yet. There are some songs that I could swear that I own but the spot where it shows a price or if it was purchased or is in your library just sits there loading these three dots and if I try to purchase to see if they are free, it just says they are not available. And I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to verify in the morning after some sleep, but I do not think all of my Rock Band 1 content is showing up (all of what was exportable, anyway. I know it was only 47 songs).

When all the exports are working correctly they'll fix it so the RB1 / 2 songs in that megapack will be available for free for you, if you exported RB1 and 2. So don't buy them yet if you want them for free.

Chris R

How big are the PS4 patches? And how big are the various song downloads? Picked it up thanks to Best Buy yesterday, haven't played it yet though.

Hoping the export process isn't too big of a mess though...

Ninhead

Can somebody explain to me what I have to do to get the RB3 export to work? I've played some of RB 3 and earned a couple trophies, but I still can't get it to work. And I played several days ago, so I doubt it has to do with not waiting long enough before trying to export.

You paid the $15 export fee? If so, contact Harmonix. They have to refresh something on their end.

suplex

So I'm finally getting around to getting all my DLC/exports into RB4 and I had a few questions.

For exports, RB3 you just have to pay for the export, and it will automatically download all of the available songs correct? And for RB1/2/Lego etc. if you previously exported those games, most of the songs are available to download for RB4, but you manually have to go and search each individual song to download?

For last gen DLC, you have to search each individual song/pack/album to download to RB4, correct? Is there any way to get a full list of all the DLC you've purchased throughout the years? I've been buying DLC since RB1 was launched, so it's pretty tough to remember every song I've bought.

Thanks

So I'm finally getting around to getting all my DLC/exports into RB4 and I had a few questions.

For exports, RB3 you just have to pay for the export, and it will automatically download all of the available songs correct? And for RB1/2/Lego etc. if you previously exported those games, most of the songs are available to download for RB4, but you manually have to go and search each individual song to download?

For last gen DLC, you have to search each individual song/pack/album to download to RB4, correct? Is there any way to get a full list of all the DLC you've purchased throughout the years? I've been buying DLC since RB1 was launched, so it's pretty tough to remember every song I've bought.

Thanks

Are you on ps4 or Xbox?

Chris R

Ok, for all of your dlc, and exports minus RB3. Hit start over RB4 in the dashboard, go to manage game, scroll all the way to the right and you should have a install all option.

For RB3, go to the game store in the game, and go to exports.

Anything like this for the PS4? I went through the store and grabbed a bunch of the packs that showed as "Free" for me, but some just wouldn't load (that I know I bought)

But that's just packs, I'm pretty damn sure I bought a lot of single songs as well.

Need to check out RB3s list again to see if I want to pay the $15 to bring that over or not. Is RB2 just not possible? I thought I had it in RB3 but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Anything like this for the PS4? I went through the store and grabbed a bunch of the packs that showed as "Free" for me, but some just wouldn't load (that I know I bought)

But that's just packs, I'm pretty damn sure I bought a lot of single songs as well.

Need to check out RB3s list again to see if I want to pay the $15 to bring that over or not. Is RB2 just not possible? I thought I had it in RB3 but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

The RB2 export isn't up yet for PS4.

I think $15 for 83 songs is worth it imo.

And I'm not really sure on a quick way of downloading dlc for RB4 on PS4. Maybe someone could chime in.

FyreWulff

I really hope we can see the nuAmplitude soundtrack complete in Rock Band some day. I'd pay for the music again on Xbox even though I bought Amp for PS4. Give me that Astrosight on a guitar pls

CS_Dan

The RB2 export isn't up yet for PS4.

I think $15 for 83 songs is worth it imo.

And I'm not really sure on a quick way of downloading dlc for RB4 on PS4. Maybe someone could chime in.

The quickest is trawling through the website as far as I know. Sony and MS screwed the pooch.

CloudWolf

After two live DLC packs, are there really any significant Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers tracks left? I can only think of Learning to Fly and maybe Don't Come Around Here No More, but that would be a pretty weird inclusion.

vg260

After two live DLC packs, are there really any significant Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers tracks left? I'm a fan and I can't really think of any.

I want some studio re-releases of the bigger radio hits in those packs, but I know we'll never get them. Those and Priest were the most disappointing live packs. Too much live vocal wankery on the songs that most people know from the studio versions.

Deep Blue Something

That's not the 90s "blue" I wanted.
I wanted Counting Blue Cars. I love the 90s cheese songs, but Breakfast at Tiffany's is over the line in terms of cheesiness. Can't handle it.

Speaking of counting, still hoping for more Counting Crows someday.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is the glorious return of Cherry Pie upon us?

FyreWulff

-> lose a lot of Tom Petty
-> regain Tom Petty months later

MUSIC LICENSING STRIKES AGAIN

Wonder if it's studio versions of some of the live tracks we just lost.

There's precedence for getting a live version first and studio later. Happened with Paul McCartney.

vg260

-> lose a lot of Tom Petty
-> regain Tom Petty months later

MUSIC LICENSING STRIKES AGAIN

Wonder if it's studio versions of some of the live tracks we just lost.

Oh weird, didn't know those got delisted.

I hope there's still a chance of music from other delisted artists.

Still want Danger High Voltage! from Electric Six. That should have been in the 3-pack.

Bladelaw

Ok, for all of your dlc, and exports minus RB3. Hit start over RB4 in the dashboard, go to manage game, scroll all the way to the right and you should have a install all option.

For RB3, go to the game store in the game, and go to exports.

WHAT...I manually installed every track...

Well the bonus is I didn't install a few tracks I'd rather never come up randomly.

FyreWulff

Oh weird, didn't know those got delisted.

I hope there's still a chance of music from other delisted artists.

Still want Danger High Voltage! from Electric Six. That should have been in the 3-pack.

Want to know what's even weirder? Not all of the songs in the live pack got delisted. It was just most of the songs from the 02 Live Anthology. I think like one or two survived.

BrokenBox

After two live DLC packs, are there really any significant Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers tracks left? I can only think of Learning to Fly and maybe Don't Come Around Here No More, but that would be a pretty weird inclusion.

Hopefully it's a master of "American Girl."

Yay.

Oh, and for those wondering. There is no DLC tomorrow apparently.

Less yay.

Still, five artists, four weeks of DLC. Wonder how that'll work out. Hozier are current enough to get a three pack. Tom Petty is my guess for another. That still leaves three for two weeks, unless they've forgotten that the 31st falls on a usual DLC day and they're not counting it. Or we're not getting DLC for two weeks this month.

Either way, I'm happy. It's a good month. I could easily get everything but Hozier, and depending on how they are to play I might get them as well.

gar3

Hi all,

Recently purchased a new Xbox One copy of Rock Band 4 due to on-line finally coming back but I've run into a problem with the AC/DC export. For whatever reason it's not showing up as "ready to install." Checking one of the tracks via the Store states it is "bundle only." I booted my Xbox 360 this morning and found via Download History my original purchase of the export license and re-downloaded that token to my Xbox 360 but it made no difference on the Xbox One side of things. Still not showing up as "ready to install," still stating "bundle only" in the Store. Harmonix's answer is to call up Microsoft since I obviously have an account issue but all the other exports and music purchases that should work for Rock Band 4 are (well, the ones I've been able to check so far anyways). Does anyone have any suggestions for my plight? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

CloudWolf

I think there are still issues with the AC/DC export. Some people have it, some people don't. It doesn't show up for me either. Harmonix is working on it.

gar3

I think there are still issues with the AC/DC export. Some people have it, some people don't. It doesn't show up for me either. Harmonix is working on it.
Oh, really? I didn't know that. Going by the official site and reply it seemed to imply all was well, heh. Good to know that it isn't just me specifically :) Bad to know there are still issues for me and a lot of other people :-(

Top Bottom