• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

zulux21

Oh, really? I didn't know that. Going by the official site and reply it seemed to imply all was well, heh. Good to know that it isn't just me specifically :) Bad to know there are still issues for me and a lot of other people :-(

it's worse for ps4 users at this point. we are still missing a couple of exports that xbox has, and I am still missing my damn coldplay songs -_-

Yeah, I'm also disappointed that I can't get my Coldplay songs. My family, especially my younger kids, love playing those songs. I'd be willing to repurchase them, but I can't even do that. Very frustrating.

Happy, though, to finally have the Lego Rock Band songs. Man those are some great family/party songs!

Patch details. Up for Sony, later today for Xbox.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-may-update-patch-notes/

NEW ROCK SHOP ITEMS
2 new playable characters from Battleborn® available in the Rock Shop!

Thorn
Miko

DOUBLE KICK DRUM PEDAL SUPPORT
‘nuff said.

GENERAL BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue related to Drum Fills and the slop window
Fixed an issue where the arm of the bassist goes right through their own body
Fixed freezing of a vocalist animation during an instrumental part of a song
Fixed a game crash going into the Big Rock Ending on "Warriors of Time" on Expert Guitar
Fixed sound FX issues with the Add/Remove sound while in Setlists
Fixed issue with the background music slider in the Options Menu
Reduced the volume of shouting audio on the “Take Requests” screen
Fixed a game crash when loading a saved Setlist
Fixed camera issue on vocalist’s face
Fixed a game crash before the Big Rock Ending in "Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie
Fixed an issue where scores disappear when pausing and resuming quickly in the middle of a drums Big Rock Ending

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Reduced the volume of shouting audio on the “Take Requests” screen
This was a problem? Always thought the shouting was neat, hope it's not too quiet now.

pacman85

Looks like they remembered that there were five Tuesdays this month after all. Hozier pack, Tom Petty Pack, Deep Blue Something/Warrant/Twisted Sister week and a Gin Blossoms pack. Gin Blossoms and Twisted Sister are interchangeable, but my guess is a Gin Blossoms pack.

Edit: It's been bugging me for ages where I knew the name Gin Blossoms from in relation Rock Band. Checked the Wikipedia page for the complete list of DLC and everything. Turns out they're on RB4. I may not be as familiar with the soundtrack as I'd like.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
shocking how long its taking, i mean ffs bark at the moon and many others still arent avaliable

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
shocking how long its taking, i mean ffs bark at the moon and many others still arent avaliable

I've basically given up on getting the Ozzy songs or 2112. It's been seven months and they haven't given any progress update. I know Xbox is something some a platform of privilege for Rock Band players at this point, since I do have a majority of my DLC and exports, but it still sucks to not have all of it.

Like, my AC/DC export still doesn't work. I submitted a ticket for it and basically got a shrug and an "I don't know" back.

Given all that, given that I paid full price (actually more since I had to buy it with legacy adapter, so $80) for a product that didn't launch with a ton of features or promised content and still hasn't delivered, charging for updates at this point kind of rubs me the wrong way.

I've basically given up on getting the Ozzy songs or 2112. It's been seven months and they haven't given any progress update. I know Xbox is something some a platform of privilege for Rock Band players at this point, since I do have a majority of my DLC and exports, but it still sucks to not have all of it.

Like, my AC/DC export still doesn't work. I submitted a ticket for it and basically got a shrug and an "I don't know" back.

Given all that, given that I paid full price (actually more since I had to buy it with legacy adapter, so $80) for a product that didn't launch with a ton of features or promised content and still hasn't delivered, charging for updates at this point kind of rubs me the wrong way.

They've said that they aren't working on these kinds of entitlements until the exports are settled.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They've said that they aren't working on these kinds of entitlements until the exports are settled.

which is completey dumb because i can go on the xbox store right and purchase the ozzy pack which mentions bark at the moon but u cant get it

FyreWulff

which is completey dumb because i can go on the xbox store right and purchase the ozzy pack which mentions bark at the moon but u cant get it

They have to get to it after the exports because Microsoft and Sony both changed policy to where all content that you can ever download has to be visible on the store, and they're no longer content packs but meta-packages that download the visible DLC.

So the pack only songs are stuck in the same purgatory as expired DLC, because it isn't visible on the store, Harmonix has no current way to let you get at the song. So it's a special case that needs it's own work.

Which is an entitlement that's just not working on Xbox atm.

I currently can't get my Doors dlc, because I bought the special pack when RB3 launched, and this pack was available for a limited time. So because Microsoft doesn't have it set so if you bought this pack, which was a free 3 pack, and the rest of the songs were cheaper in another pack, I can't just get The Doors dlc in RB4, cause it thinks I don't own that pack that was made available after the special offer ended. So my entitlement is sol until it gets fixed.

And the ACDC pack issue is supposedly messed up for people that redeemed it before a certain date. Hence an entitlement issue on Microsofts end, not Harmonix.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/729672298664316929

CiBRFrkUUAITLvS.png

Definitely getting Don't Do Me Like That, maybe Learning to Fly. Only two songs this week, though, oof.

This weeks DLC:

Learning to Fly - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Both classic picks, so I'm all in! That knocks Tom Petty out of the running for a pack, interesting! My money's on Twisted Sister and Warrant for packs, and Hozier for 2 singles and Deep Blue Something for 1 single in the same week.

BrokenBox

Both classic picks, so I'm all in! That knocks Tom Petty out of the running for a pack, interesting! My money's on Twisted Sister and Warrant for packs, and Hozier for 2 singles and Deep Blue Something for 1 single in the same week.

According to Josh on Reddit, they're "trying out" two songs a week this month. :(

pacman85

According to Josh on Reddit, they're "trying out" two songs a week this month. :(
Alright, so hopefully we get:
We're Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister
Take Me To Church, Someone New - Hozier
Cherry Pie, Heaven - Warrant
Hey Jealousy, Found Out About You - Gin Blossoms
Breakfast at Tiffany's, ??? - Deep Blue Something

But there's only 3 weeks left this month???

EDIT: So probably more like:
Week 1: Cherry Pie, We're Not Gonna Take It
Week 2: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Hey Jealousy
Week 3: Take Me To Church, Someone New
:(

pacman85

Three weeks left = only six songs remaining, it seems. They'll be mixing single songs between artists some weeks.
Ugh, that's what I figured. I was just hoping they would get multiple by songs by some of these artists. It really sucks to only get one song from Warrant, Gin Blossoms, and Twisted Sister. We already have enough Tom Petty!

2 songs a week and 5 artists left huh? My guesses are gonna be:

Week 1
Gin Blossoms - "Hey Jealousy"
Deep Blue Something - "Breakfast At Tiffanies"

Week 2
Hozier - "Take Me To Church"
Warrant - "Cherry Pie"

Week 3
Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It"
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock

Considering Twisted Sister has a few iconic big hits, I reckon they'll be the ones to get a dedicated singles week, like Tom Petty.

Calcium

Banned
They are finally adding songs to the game that I want?! This is so unexpected, I don't know what to do with myself.

Heh, typical. I get excited for DLC and it doesn't appear on PSN this week. Rock Band 4 doesn't even appear in the search when you search for the name of the DLC, as it would if you searched for the name before the store update. That week off really threw SCEE.

Gleethor

Lego export should be working for everyone having issues now. Unless you're me and had Sony issue you a refund for the export pack without asking them, thereby permanently revoking your license to said export. Heh. Heh.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Finally got a PS4 Strat to do Guitar stuff.
Where's the button to do Star Power? Am I seriously going to do the annoying "tilt" method?

SFenton

Finally got a PS4 Strat to do Guitar stuff.
Where's the button to do Star Power? Am I seriously going to do the annoying "tilt" method?

Yes. Sony has a controller mandate that all controllers must have a share button... so PS4 guitars can only use tilt, since the button is now a Share button.

Top Bottom