• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Oppo

finally have RB 1-3 installed on PS4.

finally. holy fuck.

now I just need another guitar. still limping by with a RB1 launch PS2 guitar!

EYEL1NER

I just restarted my Xbone and the Rock Band 2 20 Bonus Songs and some other songs popped up in the Ready to Download queue. I never redeemed my AC/DC pack that I got for $4.99 years and years ago, so I redeemed that and they appeared too. Bittersweet though because some songs I really wanted to play haven't appeared yet. Like "Clouds Over California" is there from the Roadrunner pack but the rest of the songs aren't yet, "Touch Me" from The Doors is there but the others from that pack aren't showing for me. And then I saw that Shaimus song from the 20 pack and it reminded me that I can't get "All of This" yet and I love that song.
Oh well, got some more to download.

I just restarted my Xbone and the Rock Band 2 20 Bonus Songs and some other songs popped up in the Ready to Download queue. I never redeemed my AC/DC pack that I got for $4.99 years and years ago, so I redeemed that and they appeared too. Bittersweet though because some songs I really wanted to play haven't appeared yet. Like "Clouds Over California" is there from the Roadrunner pack but the rest of the songs aren't yet, "Touch Me" from The Doors is there but the others from that pack aren't showing for me. And then I saw that Shaimus song from the 20 pack and it reminded me that I can't get "All of This" yet and I love that song.
Oh well, got some more to download.

The other Roadrunner and the Doors songs can be installed after searching for them on the store even though they don't show up in the Ready to Install list.

EYEL1NER

The other Roadrunner and the Doors songs can be installed after searching for them on the store even though they don't show up in the Ready to Install list.
I ended up finding them last night. Turns out I already had the Doors songs but I had to go through the shop and track down the RR pack. I cleared out my wish list of everything that I had added (stuff that said 'purchased' but didn't auto-appear as ready to download) as well as purchased the RB3 export, so I had a lot of stuff downloading early this morning, some 300 songs. Barring the stuff we are still waiting on (track pack discs, RB Free Pack 01, and delisted material), I have almost everything that I already had. Just waiting on the Styx songs to get fixed though.

Will there be a drum trainer in the practice mode update, as seen in the older games? I've started to get into the drums more recently, and it'd be a nice addition for practicing.

Will there be a drum trainer in the practice mode update, as seen in the older games? I've started to get into the drums more recently, and it'd be a nice addition for practicing.

Yeah, I'd kill for a way to practice the drums. I'm a drum noob and so far all I do is play songs on "easy"...

CloudWolf

This is annoying. Still no ACDC or the other stuff I'm still owed. (Manage Game screen)

Same here. I'm really confused by the explanation too. Since when does Microsoft do stuff like this in batches that are apparently spread out over a week? When the RB1, RB2 and Lego exports were made available they showed up for all Xbox One owners at the same time. How is this suddenly different?

I just want to play Like a Fool again ;_;

UK XB1 user here. Just checked the "manage game" section of my XB1 dashboard for RB4, and these entitlements have popped up for me...

“Ashes to Fire” – Ghost Hounds
“Bounce” – The Cab
“Burn You Down” - Opiate for the Masses
“Crazy Tuesday” - thenewno2
“Database Corrupted” - Dealership
“Desperate Times, Desperate Measures” - Underoath
“Get It On” - The Chevelles
“Give It to Me” - Cocktail Slippers
“IV” - X Japan
“If I Ain't Got You” - The Len Price 3
“I Wanna Be Your Man” - Endeverafter
“I'm Gone, I'm Going” - Lesley Roy
“Like A Fool” - Shaimus
“Magnetic Baby” - Semi Precious Weapons
“Prequel To The Sequel” - Between the Buried and Me
“Sons and Daughters” - The 88
“The Feeling” - Kutless
“The Time Is Wrong” - Tickle Me Pink
“Young” - Holywood Undead

And most importantly the entirety of Rock Band AC/DC! I'm just glad I have "I.V" now!

komarkaze

I've been trying to get the Doors free pack and RB2 free pack for the past few days and still nothing appears in Manage Games for me. I even logged into my 360 and redownloaded my entitlements, then restarted my Xbox One. I'm in the USA if it matters.

CS_Dan

I think it's reached the point where if you had told me prior to launch how long I'd be waiting for SCEE exports, I would have probably skipped the purchase.

And this is from someone who has probably put thousands of both hours and pounds into playing this series. I used to be a Harmonix fanboy, now it's hard to see them as anything other than a husk.

EYEL1NER

I just spent an hour and a half going through the store adding every song or pack that I don't have but that I would want to my wish list. I wound up with 240 items in there, mostly songs but four or five of those were packs or albums. I noticed some changes on positions of songs too, like I noticed L7 was suddenly at the bottom of a page rather than at the top of one like a couple days ago. I realized after a bit what happened though: the Styx songs and Fleetwood Mac songs that were to be delisted last month disappeared from the storefront. I couldn't get the Styx songs to work and now have to wait until whenever they get delisted songs to work. And I wanted the Fleetwood songs but procrastinated (I actually can't remember but I want to say maybe they were doing the same thing as the Styx songs, not loading a price and saying that I couldn't buy them). I ended up rushing to the XBL site and saw that the Fleetwood/Nicks pack was still up for RB3 and showed $9.99 so I bought it. I figured that if I don't get the songs now in RB4, then I can just add that to the list of songs like the Styx songs and others that were delisted.
On the 'delisted' note too, I didn't realize so many songs that I had were gone. I knew all about loosing the Metallica pack and some other big ones, but I guess it has been so long that I forgot about the System of a Down songs leaving or some of the other ones.

Played for a little bit tonight too though. I tried creating some characters and found myself absolutely disappointed with the character creator. I made a guy in RB1, 2, and 3 that I liked and the only thing that I can do in RB4 to give this guy the slightest resemblance to my old favorite is the same color of hair (white). I'm bummed with thruster choices too. They have some Jacksons but no RR-model "V." Just a King V, which isn't the same. I've rocked a RR body style in every game that allowed it, using the guitar creator in the later Guitar Hero games to create the same guitar each game. So that is a bummer too.
I played a half-dozen songs though. It's pretty early in the morning or I would have pushed into the career mode but I just went for a couple easy achievements using some songs (like "Spend 60 continuous seconds in overdrive" that I got with "The Kill" and some others). I also played "Reptilia" and did pretty decent, despite being terrible at alt-strumming with RB guitars. "Reptilia" is normally my warm-up song because that chorus gets your fingers moving all over the place pretty quickly. I ended up breaking my chain on damn-near every long section of notes outside the chorus but still managed to get 95% and almost 5* it on Expert. I need to hook up my adapter and try my Les Paul or the Band Hero guitar.

I went through the tutorial for the freestyle solos too. I think that is gonna be another case of "try them using a GH guitar" for me because I wasn't doing too well on the alt-strumming. And I'll be honest, I've never been that great at alt-strumming; I down strum as much as I possibly can of Caprici de Diablo and other hard songs. But the gummy strum bar makes it harder for me.

Like I mentioned, "Reptilia" is a favorite of mine for warming up, as is "Charlene" because of the short song length. What do you guys use to warm up?

pacman85

Same here. I'm really confused by the explanation too. Since when does Microsoft do stuff like this in batches that are apparently spread out over a week? When the RB1, RB2 and Lego exports were made available they showed up for all Xbox One owners at the same time. How is this suddenly different?

I just want to play Like a Fool again ;_;
Yeah I was wondering this too. I don't claim to know a lot about how difficult this process is but now that they have found a solution for some people wouldn't the solution be the same for everyone else? Is this not just one big script they can run to grant everyone that is owed it entitlements for each song/pack/export? Or at least one script per song/export/pack. I'm confused as to why some have gotten the AC/DC export and others haven't.

Mister Game

Project Director, Harmonix
Yeah I was wondering this too. I don't claim to know a lot about how difficult this process is but now that they have found a solution for some people wouldn't the solution be the same for everyone else? Is this not just one big script they can run to grant everyone that is owed it entitlements for each song/pack/export? Or at least one script per song/export/pack. I'm confused as to why some have gotten the AC/DC export and others haven't.

My guess is it has something to do with the content delivery network, replicated servers all over the world so that everyone (mostly) is using a server nearby, to share the load and lower latency.

Usually the content on a CDN is pretty strictly replicated from some master, so maybe the entitlement changes are showing up on the different CDN servers in phases.

pacman85

My guess is it has something to do with the content delivery network, replicated servers all over the world so that everyone (mostly) is using a server nearby, to share the load and lower latency.

Usually the content on a CDN is pretty strictly replicated from some master, so maybe the entitlement changes are showing up on the different CDN servers in phases.
That would make sense if it is the case. Thanks for the potential explanation. With XBox Live being available in so many countries/parts of the world I would think they have to have replicated servers in quite a few different places.

Saturday morning. Still no ACDC or the other stuff on my Xbone. US East.

Microsoft continues to be as competent as ever.

I mean that the same way I would say "Walmart products have the quality I expected."

Star Dust

Neo Member
Saturday morning. Still no ACDC or the other stuff on my Xbone. US East.

Microsoft continues to be as competent as ever.

I mean that the same way I would say "Walmart products have the quality I expected."
I'm on the east coast and I was able to download AC/DC and the rest on the 16th. On Xbox One.

CloudWolf

Same here.

Apparently it has something to do with when you downloaded AC/DC and the 20 free songs. HMXCrisis has been collecting the information on the official forums of the people who are unable to download them and passed it through to Microsoft. I got a PM from her asking for more information.

CjJXYteXIAAmtXF.jpg

Definitely getting Hey Jealousy.

pacman85

Glad we are getting 2 songs from Gin Blossoms but sad to know that now we are only getting one song from both Twisted Sister and Warrant. I gotta assume Warrant's song will be Cherry Pie but not sure if they will go with I Wanna Rock or We're Not Gonna Take It.

pacman85

Oh and I am STILL waiting on my entitlements for pretty much everything they said we should now have on XB1. I have been checking once in the morning and once at night every day since the announcement and still nothing :(

teddymeow

I think it's reached the point where if you had told me prior to launch how long I'd be waiting for SCEE exports, I would have probably skipped the purchase.

And this is from someone who has probably put thousands of both hours and pounds into playing this series. I used to be a Harmonix fanboy, now it's hard to see them as anything other than a husk.

It is ridiculous how long it's taken.

So, from within the PS4 I could not find the Rock Band 2 Export Pack in the store or under the add-ons from the game page. Unlike the Lego export, it doesn't seem to be listed there. However, the following web link posted earlier does work:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-RBRB2EXPOCCF0002.

Another interesting thing was that after I "purchased" the export (for 0 dollars), I chose the option to download to my PS4. And it downloaded and installed all of the RB2 songs, instead of having to install them individually.

With the Lego RB export, I found the pack within the PS4 store but had to install each individual song from the my add-ons menu from the game page. I'm assuming if I got the export pack from the web store, it would have had the same thing to install all the songs when downloading the export.

You should probably be getting mad at SCEE than. They are the incompetent ones that seem to take forever to get anything working.

FyreWulff

It probably means nothing, but Rock Band World now has a popup saying it's in "development mode" and to ask to have my account added to it's permissions to test it instead of being a 404 .

pfyWqpE.png

vg260

Did it sound like one of the Gin Blossoms tracks was not a fully separated track? It sounded like the background tracks were dropping out when missing guitar notes. I only played once, so I dont recall fully, but it sounded off.

MrGerbils

Apologies if this has been answered but is there no way to rank songs anymore? After all the imports there's soooo many songs I don't ever want to play that it makes it an absolute chore to find anything I actually like.

I miss being able to just sort by ranking.

Apologies if this has been answered but is there no way to rank songs anymore? After all the imports there's soooo many songs I don't ever want to play that it makes it an absolute chore to find anything I actually like.

I miss being able to just sort by ranking.

With the imports, you actually have (or in your case, had) the ability to pick and choose which songs you do or don't want to download. As of right now, I think all you can do is delete everything and redownload just what you want.

CloudWolf

Did it sound like one of the Gin Blossoms tracks was not a fully separated track? It sounded like the background tracks were dropping out when missing guitar notes. I only played once, so I dont recall fully, but it sounded off.

It wouldn't surprise me, a bunch of tracks have had this since the release of Rock Band 4. The most obvious ones were Hey Ya, Get Lucky and the Cranberries tracks.

vg260

It wouldn't surprise me, a bunch of tracks have had this since the release of Rock Band 4. The most obvious ones were Hey Ya, Get Lucky and the Cranberries tracks.

Huh, I haven't played some of those, but I wonder what's going on. If that's the case, I'm going to have to wait and see a preview of the track before buying. It defeats the point of the game to me when you're essentially just playing over a flattened mp3 track so to speak. Why so many now?

Huh, I haven't played some of those, but I wonder what's going on. If that's the case, I'm going to have to wait and see a preview of the track before buying. It defeats the point of the game to me when you're essentially just playing over a flattened mp3 track so to speak. Why so many now?

Might be that some record labels don't want to provide stems because they can be individually ripped from the game by people with technical know-how and put out for the public to download. So they only provide a flat sample instead to negate that possibility? I remember a whole bunch of on-disk and DLC GH track stems being made available on torrent sites a while back

vg260

Might be that some record labels don't want to provide stems because they can be individually ripped from the game by people with technical know-how and put out for the public to download. So they only provide a flat sample instead to negate that possibility? I remember a whole bunch of on-disk and DLC GH track stems being made available on torrent sites a while back

Sure, but why now all of a sudden? Are labels getting more uptight about it? I hope this is not a trend, because it seriously puts a damper on my interest if so. I sound like a broken record but it defeats the point. Might as well stick to the 360 and just use customs if they're only going to provide a flattened track that doesn't interact with the game properly. I bought the Cranberries pack, and haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I regret doing so if that's the case. Pretty much any flattened track is a no-buy for me, with only some very rare exceptions where they likely can't get separated tracks for technical reasons. Of course, that would be an assumption, but still. I would expect something like Cranberries or Gin Blossoms, to be recent enough to have the full masters.

Top Bottom