• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Please let us know if these have track separation issues.

"We're Not Gonna Take It" :- Track seperation confirmed. Let the song run on both bass and guitar without hitting anything, didn't hear either track play at all, even during the solo.

"Cherry Pie" :- Track seperation confirmed. Let the song run on both bass and guitar without hitting anything, didn't hear either track play at all, even during the solo. Back-up guitar is audible, plays the same riffs as lead.

There ya go. No issues whatsoever. And guys, if you're into Bass, buy "We're Not Gonna Take It" it's one of the best tier 3 tracks in the game by far!

vg260

Apparently, the stems are properly separated.

"We're Not Gonna Take It" :- Track seperation confirmed. Let the song run on both bass and guitar without hitting anything, didn't hear either track play at all, even during the solo.

"Cherry Pie" :- Track seperation confirmed. Let the song run on both bass and guitar without hitting anything, didn't hear either track play at all, even during the solo. Back-up guitar is audible, plays the same riffs as lead.

There ya go. No issues whatsoever. And guys, if you're into Bass, buy "We're Not Gonna Take It" it's one of the best tier 3 tracks in the game by far!

Cool. Thanks. Sad I had to check. I hope those others were anomalies.

pacman85

If I'm on XBO in the US, and my AC/DC entitlements aren't showing, what do I have to do now?
Unfortunately, all we know of that you can do is wait. Just like we are also having to wait on all of the track packs, delisted songs and other pack exclusive bonus songs.

So, here's my first playthrough scores:-

"Cherry Pie" - Warrant
Expert Guitar: 109,857 (Gold Stars) | 100% Notes Hit | Full Combo
Expert Bass: 86,375 (Gold Stars) | 100% Notes Hit | Full Combo

"We're Not Gonna Take it" - Twisted Sister
Expert Guitar: 190,247 (Gold Stars) | 100% Notes Hit | Full Combo
Expert Bass: 149,899 (Gold Stars) | 100% Notes Hit | Full Combo

"We're Not Gonna Take It" is easily the highlight of the week, and one of the best overall Guitar/Bass songs we've had in recent months. "Cherry Pie" is boring as fuck apart from the solo to be honest, a ton of dead space.

Just seen a video, We're Not Gonna Take It is the original. Which is good, I guess. There was a fuckton of complaints in GH80s about I Wanna Rock, and the song was plenty fun in Warriors of Rock but at the same time, maaaaaan. The solo adds just enough to make me want it without changing things too much or dragging on for too long.

Ah well, still getting it. Cherry Pie was always going to be the weak link anyway, but it keeps the GHII nostalgia party going for just that little bit longer so it's fine by me. To be honest, I'm surprised it took so many years to get these songs in the first place.

teddymeow

Went onto EU PS store earlier for something else and noticed an item called "Your Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks".

Selected this and hit "download" which then changed to "purchased" and no install started.

Does this mean the actual content isn't available?

Went onto EU PS store earlier for something else and noticed an item called "Your Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks".

Selected this and hit "download" which then changed to "purchased" and no install started.

Does this mean the actual content isn't available?

Possibly. The Green Day Export has been "available" for ages for PS4, and I could swear that a non-purchasable version of the LRB export was on the store years back, before RB4.

Got a link, or is it just the PS4 store?

Ninhead

Unfortunately, all we know of that you can do is wait. Just like we are also having to wait on all of the track packs, delisted songs and other pack exclusive bonus songs.

My bad. I must've erroneously read that they snuck out in the last few weeks.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading now =D
but I'll believe it when I play them

Let's fucking do this.

Edit: Songs are definitely downloading. I'll try and update on any misses.

The EU songs are fucking gone, with no way to acquire them otherwise in Europe because they weren't DLC here. Fuck off Harmonix.

Let's fucking do this.

Edit: Songs are definitely downloading. I'll try and update on any misses.

The EU songs are fucking gone, with no way to acquire them otherwise in Europe because they weren't DLC here. Fuck off Harmonix.

Given how the One export went, I'm not surprised that they haven't transferred over. Annoyed, sure, I've been annoyed ever since Monsoon didn't transfer over to RB2, but I've know this for a while.

But at least this is progress. The concern is how, if at all it'll be fixed. Manu Chao and Hier kommt Alex aren't available for purchase anywhere anymore and if it is, will the latter even be compatible with RB4? I'm not sure how things were with that in the US, seeing as it didn't work on 3/Blitz.

FyreWulff

US lost Rock n Roll Star and HKA too, due to EU losing them since RB3 was considered a single unified titleid

I believe Rock N Roll Star can be bought in RB4, though? We have to wait until the expired songs come back to see if Heir Kommt Alex returns.

US lost those too, due to EU losing them since RB3 was considered a single cross-region platform.

I believe Rock N Roll Star can be bought in RB4, though? We have to wait until the expired songs come back to see if Heir Kommt Alex returns.

If RNRS is back then that's a good sign. I really, really missed that from RB3.

zulux21

The word is that it only works if you got the code from Green Day Plus; anyone who bought the export key separately (like I did) is out of luck for a little while. Looks like it might be another couple of weeks.

On the upside, SCEA just added the AC/DC export and the RB2 preorder 20 songs, so we're making progress! Of everything I'm "entitled" to right now (minus songs that never exported or delisted DLC), I'm just missing the glitched Depeche Mode three-pack and Green Day.

sad face on greenday but at least I will maybe find the other ones :p

That was my first though: "Hopefully two a week is because of their workload at the moment and after the fall update/"expansion" they revert back to three."
If it truly is two a week from now on, then I echo the "This is very troubling information" sentiments from this page.

I would imagine this might be a case of focusing on the previous songs and getting them working so by the time the fall update comes around it can be the full complete game with all the songs many people expected at launch.

FyreWulff

What's left to go for mainline discs:

SCEA:

Green Day Export for non-Plus exporters

SCEE:

RB2
Lego
Green Day

Xbox has all the mainline discs live except for some people in limbo due to account issues, being worked on.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What's left to go for mainline discs:

SCEA:

Green Day Export for non-Plus exporters

SCEE:

RB2
Lego
Green Day

Xbox has all the mainline discs live except for some people in limbo due to account issues, being worked on.
Wait, what does Green Day for non-Plus exporters mean?

I bought the Green Day rock band and the export for RB3 back on PS3. Have I been able to get all the songs on my PS4 this whole time????

FyreWulff

Something went wrong when they added the export on Sony, to where it only recognizes it if you exported Green Day Plus. The regular edition of the game export, where you had to pay 10$ and didn't get all of the existing DLC doesn't work yet on PSN.

And the GD export was fixed only within the last week or two.

vg260

Hm, I picked up a spare guitar from Amazon still sitting in the box, but I'm wondering if I should return it and see what happens as this September 6 deadline for Mad Catz selling their stock approaches. Maybe it will go even cheaper.

I got a $15 RB4 mic, but that seems cheap enough to keep.

vg260

I was hoping they'd put back the overdrive jack for using a drum pedal for activation. That would be a huge plus for PS4 users because of the stupid share button requirement.

vg260

Based on the video, the select button is in a very uncomfortable position. So my guess is that there will be a dedicated od button.

That would be great. Still want the jack. It's super handy if you have an extra pedal. I use one from one of those portable Xbox 360 drum pad kits I got on clearance.

Gorger

Looks like a different d-pad. The one on the Mad Catz guitars is erratic, so that's a good start hopefully.

I just want the strumbar like GH and the buttons like GH. I will be so disappointed if we just get another Mad Catz clone. It's getting harder and harder to get a hold of old GH guitars in Europe and mine is close to 6 years now.

Hm, I picked up a spare guitar from Amazon still sitting in the box, but I'm wondering if I should return it and see what happens as this September 6 deadline for Mad Catz selling their stock approaches. Maybe it will go even cheaper.

I got a $15 RB4 mic, but that seems cheap enough to keep.

I just got the guitar ($50) and two mics. The guitar is to replace a broken RB3 one, so I'm going to keep it instead of wait. Honestly, I don't think the guitars will get that much cheaper. Maybe $40 which the RB3 ones were for a long while.

$30 would be a great price, though. If people can wait, it's probably worth it. Especially since it sounds like PDP may be making new instruments anyway.

vg260

I just got the guitar ($50) and two mics. The guitar is to replace a broken RB3 one, so I'm going to keep it instead of wait. Honestly, I don't think the guitars will get that much cheaper. Maybe $40 which the RB3 ones were for a long while.

$30 would be a great price, though. If people can wait, it's probably worth it. Especially since it sounds like PDP may be making new instruments anyway.

I have til the end of the month, so I'll wait until after E3 when they should have shown the PDP stuff. If it's $20-$30 more for a new, better guitar, that seems like a better option.

I just want the strumbar like GH and the buttons like GH. I will be so disappointed if we just get another Mad Catz clone. It's getting harder and harder to get a hold of old GH guitars in Europe and mine is close to 6 years now.

I always preferred the RB strum bar personally (the RB1 one sucked though).

I want the buttons like the RB3 wood fender replica. Those were amazing. Best on any controller, hands down. Probably too expensive though.

Hey, Rock Band GAF -- how do the Xbox One instruments stack up to the 360 ones?

I currently have a RB3-era kit with the cymbals, plus some GH3/World Tour instruments. At launch I just picked up RB4 and the adapter.

There's some serious price-crashing going on here, and some stores have RB4's full band kit for as little as £60 or £70. I'm very tempted to buy it just to get a new set of drums and a new guitar. How do they stack up? Am I better off just keeping what I have? Broadly speaking I'm probably not interested in the PDP ones if their full price will match up the Mad Catz RRP, thus asking while these bargains are kicking about.

FyreWulff

Guitars and Mic are as good as or better than the previous gen. The only downside is PS4tars can't press a button for overdrive (you can only do so if you have a PS2/PS3 guitar)

RB4 drums are known to drop fast rolls. In theory your existing RB drum kit is better, depends on how serious you want to score chase with drums.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was noticing that I'm missing Livin' on a Prayer from the Rock Band 2 export. Now this got me wondering if I'm missing any other songs that didn't export....any idea what's up with that? I looked it up in the store and it's not free either. PS4 btw.

I was noticing that I'm missing Livin' on a Prayer from the Rock Band 2 export. Now this got me wondering if I'm missing any other songs that didn't export....any idea what's up with that? I looked it up in the store and it's not free either. PS4 btw.

Living on a Prayer is in the Bon Jovi pack now I believe. Since they released a RB3 version, they just lumped that in instead of the RB2 version.

CkRdm1dVEAA4XVG.jpg

Okay.

And the rest of the artists bringing tracks to RB4 DLC in June are...
Goo Goo Dolls
Imagine Dragons
The Killers
MAGIC!
Three Days Grace
Toto

Fantastic My Chemical Romance pick.

Edit: AFRICA HYPE BOYS

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
The Killers - Human
MAGIC! - Rude
Three Days Grace - I Am Machine
Toto - Africa

Toto song better be Hold the Line.

Hold the Line would be one hell of a guitar song but I will burst into tears if they pass over Africa again, and it's definite that each of the artists is only getting one song. Rosanna really was a terrible pick. Africa will probably get it a little better now they are charting keys to guitar now, though.

Hey, Hook! Fantastic tune, it was one of my song requests I sent to HMX! The MCR song I couldn't give a damn about though. Half of the months upcoming artists look fantastic! Oh no, Magic, "Rude" is such a vapid piece of shit song.

Fantastic My Chemical Romance pick.

Edit: AFRICA HYPE BOYS

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
The Killers - Human
MAGIC! - Rude
Three Days Grace - I Am Machine
Toto - Africa

I hope to god it's not Iris, that'd be a bore to play given that it's mainly chord based. I'd happily take ANYTHING pre 'Dizzy Up the Girl'!

Top Bottom