• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Sure, but why now all of a sudden? Are labels getting more uptight about it? I hope this is not a trend, because it seriously puts a damper on my interest if so. I sound like a broken record but it defeats the point. Might as well stick to the 360 and just use customs if they're only going to provide a flattened track that doesn't interact with the game properly.

Well, to be fair, Rock Band is the only series that uses stems right now.

pacman85

Apologies if this has been answered but is there no way to rank songs anymore? After all the imports there's soooo many songs I don't ever want to play that it makes it an absolute chore to find anything I actually like.

I miss being able to just sort by ranking.
Nope, they removed most all ranking and filtering out of Rock Band 4. All you can really do is search for certain songs now. Thankfully they are adding an update in Fall of this year but all they have really said about it is "music library enhancements" which I assume means ranking songs will be back. You will just have to wait until the Fall for it though.

CloudWolf

Might be that some record labels don't want to provide stems because they can be individually ripped from the game by people with technical know-how and put out for the public to download. So they only provide a flat sample instead to negate that possibility? I remember a whole bunch of on-disk and DLC GH track stems being made available on torrent sites a while back

Rock Band 4 can't be ripped though (believe me, people tried). My guess is that for those artists the labels maybe asked too much money for proper stems. Though I can't imagine The Cranberries and Gin Blossoms being that expensive (especially since we already have songs from both with proper stems).

vg260

Rock Band 4 can't be ripped though (believe me, people tried). My guess is that for those artists the labels maybe asked too much money for proper stems. Though I can't imagine The Cranberries and Gin Blossoms being that expensive (especially since we already have songs from both with proper stems).

I was wondering if it's a budget thing :(
Hopefully not, because if it keeps going this way, I'm going to buy way less DLC, or moving on entirely.

BondFancy

Hey GAF Best Buy is having a sale for RB4 with Guitar for $69.99, $55.99 with GCU. I bought GH Live a couple months ago and loved it. Is RB4 worth it at $55.99 with just guitar? Or should I still wait until the fall update for the game?

Cjd9vrMUgAMqjvP.jpg

Well, duh.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

c-murph

Sure, but why now all of a sudden? Are labels getting more uptight about it? I hope this is not a trend, because it seriously puts a damper on my interest if so. I sound like a broken record but it defeats the point. Might as well stick to the 360 and just use customs if they're only going to provide a flattened track that doesn't interact with the game properly. I bought the Cranberries pack, and haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I regret doing so if that's the case. Pretty much any flattened track is a no-buy for me, with only some very rare exceptions where they likely can't get separated tracks for technical reasons. Of course, that would be an assumption, but still. I would expect something like Cranberries or Gin Blossoms, to be recent enough to have the full masters.

It's a combination of time, money, and laziness.

CloudWolf

I'm not sure about We're Not Gonna Take It. Fine 80's guilty pleasure I guess, but I Wanna Rock would've been better. Cherry Pie is a must-have.

c-murph

I'm not so sure it's about laziness. The fact that there are inconsistencies makes me think there might be masters issues with those tracks.

Of course, it could be lack of resources.

I'm pretty sure its all three.

So for me and a few other people, the Green Day export is working for SCEA. Here's the link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=UP0006-CUSA03284_00-RBGREENDACCF0412

Thanks, Got Green Day now!

vg260

Yup, boring song. I Wanna Rock would've been the far better choice.

I'm not sure about We're Not Gonna Take It. Fine 80's guilty pleasure I guess, but I Wanna Rock would've been better. Cherry Pie is a must-have.

I feel the opposite. I think We're not gonna take it is a more fun song as a whole. Glad they chose that one.

I'm not so sure it's about laziness. The fact that there are inconsistencies makes me think there might be masters issues with those tracks.

Yeah, I don't know why people throw around the terms lazy so much.

At any rate, I'll probably be asking on here every week if these are true separated master tracks.

CloudWolf

Eh, I don't buy "master issues". Get Lucky, All the Rage Back Home and Hey Ya all are pretty recent songs mastered at professional studios, there's no way that there are issues with the masters and the Cranberries song we have with full masters (Linger) is from the same album as one of the Cranberries songs with issues. The only explanation I can think of is that the label just straight up refuses to send the masters.

BondFancy

Hey GAF Best Buy is having a sale for RB4 with Guitar for $69.99, $55.99 with GCU. I bought GH Live a couple months ago and loved it. Is RB4 worth it at $55.99 with just guitar? Or should I still wait until the fall update for the game?

Reposting, determining if I should pull the trigger today.

Cjd9vrMUgAMqjvP.jpg

Well, duh.

I know everyone moaned about getting the re-record of I Wanna Rock in GH 80s, but I'd be happy if we got the re-record of We're Not Gonna Take It. That solo was killer.

HMX have confirmed that we're getting two songs a week from now on.

I remember seeing the first few six packs and being optimistic about the amount of DLC we'd be getting. Now I'm getting pessimistic about us even seeing any DLC come 2017.

Guessing there's no update on the EU PS4 exports either.

So for me and a few other people, the Green Day export is working for SCEA. Here's the link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=UP0006-CUSA03284_00-RBGREENDACCF0412
The word is that it only works if you got the code from Green Day Plus; anyone who bought the export key separately (like I did) is out of luck for a little while. Looks like it might be another couple of weeks.

On the upside, SCEA just added the AC/DC export and the RB2 preorder 20 songs, so we're making progress! Of everything I'm "entitled" to right now (minus songs that never exported or delisted DLC), I'm just missing the glitched Depeche Mode three-pack and Green Day.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The word is that it only works if you got the code from Green Day Plus; anyone who bought the export key separately (like I did) is out of luck for a little while. Looks like it might be another couple of weeks.

On the upside, SCEA just added the AC/DC export and the RB2 preorder 20 songs, so we're making progress! Of everything I'm "entitled" to right now (minus songs that never exported or delisted DLC), I'm just missing the glitched Depeche Mode three-pack and Green Day.
Nice, downloading those now.
The Country Track Pack export seems to be up as well.

c-murph

Man, I just finished downloading something like 1922 contents from the RB store and just found out my PS4 save is corrupted. Apparently, this is a known issue on the PS4... I can't play anything now. Sadface. Not sure what i can do. Some say uninstall everything and only download in small chunks. I was told that it might be a cache issue. But it basically makes the game unplayable.

HMX have confirmed that we're getting two songs a week from now on.

Game is on life-support... Hopefully, they fix that data corruption issue before it goes out.

Rated-G

Is anyone else missing Jailbreak from the AC/DC Live pack? Is that a known issue or did mine just mess up?

Edit: LOL FOUND THE 20 song pack. It's under "Twenty Free"

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So I've been meaning to ask, what's with the lack of the HMX songs from the rock band 1 and rock band 2 exports? Will I be able to redownload them eventually ?

FyreWulff

So I've been meaning to ask, what's with the lack of the HMX songs from the rock band 1 and rock band 2 exports? Will I be able to redownload them eventually ?

They've been separated from the exports. Some of them are available as RB4 dlc right now, if you got the exports they're going to let you grab them for free once they fix the other stuff.

EYEL1NER

For the foreseeable future.

This will probably be a thing until the fall update.
That was my first thought: "Hopefully two a week is because of their workload at the moment and after the fall update/"expansion" they revert back to three."
If it truly is two a week from now on, then I echo the "This is very troubling information" sentiments from this page.

Rated-G

Okay Jailbreak IS in the AC/DC lack after all, it just decided to spontaneously download almost 6 hours later while I was playing U4 multiplayer.

That was my first though: "Hopefully two a week is because of their workload at the moment and after the fall update/"expansion" they revert back to three."
If it truly is two a week from now on, then I echo the "This is very troubling information" sentiments from this page.

I agree for the most part, but two is better than nothing as far as new DLC goes for the game. At least we are getting something.

BondFancy

Quick questions about exports. Is there any way to still export RB2? Next question is, I don't have my 360 with me is there anyway to purchase RB3 (I don't own RB3) off Xbox marketplace digitally then export without having to play the game on my 360?

Edit- Out of all 3 songs I had previously purchased 2 don't even exist for Rock Band 4. Seriously.
1) Ride the Lightning
2) Toxicity
3) Inside the Fire (This on exists however it is not showing as free)

Quick questions about exports. Is there any way to still export RB2? Next question is, I don't have my 360 with me is there anyway to purchase RB3 (I don't own RB3) off Xbox marketplace digitally then export without having to play the game on my 360?

Edit- Out of all 3 songs I had previously purchased 2 don't even exist for Rock Band 4. Seriously.
1) Ride the Lightning
2) Toxicity
3) Inside the Fire (This on exists however it is not showing as free)

You can't export RB2 anymore. And the only way you can export RB3 is if you've played it on the account.

And delisted dlc isn't available yet like Metallica and System of a Down. I have a feeling that is around the corner.

BondFancy

You can't export RB2 anymore. And the only way you can export RB3 is if you've played it on the account.

And delisted dlc isn't available yet like Metallica and System of a Down. I have a feeling that is around the corner.
Awesome thank you!

If a friend purchased the export key for RB2 would it be possible to license transfer and use their key? Has that been tried before?

Top Bottom