• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh for the love of God PLEASE be old Goo Goo Dolls. And Africa.

Anyway, when's update time?

I hope to god it's not Iris, that'd be a bore to play given that it's mainly chord based. I'd happily take ANYTHING pre 'Dizzy Up the Girl'!

I'd imagine it's way too popular to not release, and Guitar Hero Live got it a couple months back too. It'll be a singer's song through and through.

Ninhead

I'm betting the Killers song is "Runaways". As far as Toto goes, any Toto is a win, especially with the shitshow that is the other 4 songs. Yeesh. "Rude"? WTF?

I'm betting the Killers song is "Runaways". As far as Toto goes, any Toto is a win, especially with the shitshow that is the other 4 songs. Yeesh. "Rude"? WTF?

We only know the artists, but yeah, the Magic song'll be "Rude", couldn't be anything else. Fucking awful song.

Goo Goo Dolls
Toto
The Killers

Are all wins for me regardless of what's picked for me though!

pacman85

CkRdm1dVEAA4XVG.jpg

Okay.
Dang it seems like Run-Around would have been a MUCH better choice for Blues Traveler. Oh well. I think I will pass on the My Chemical Romance song too as I already have 4 of their songs. We will see though.

Apoc29

Been waiting for some Goo Goo Dolls! Iris would be the obvious pick, but I would love to see Big Machine, Slide, or Name.

The MCR pick isn't my first choice, hell, not even my first five. Dead!, Thank you for the Venom or a few songs from Danger Days would be preferable, but this is nice, I guess. Dunno the other song, but I'll give it a listen.

As for the rest of the month, the only track is class as definite is Iris. Amazed we've not had it already. Imagine Dragons could be either Demons or Radioactive, the former already appearing on GH Live. There could be loads of Killers songs, could get Miss Atomic Bomb if Harmonix have a sense of humour and release it with Radioactive, All These Things I've Done was the last single from Hot Fuss to release, Human is a big single that's yet to come out, I'd pick a few songs from Sam's Town, personally, and then there's the later stuff I've never even listened to. So, it's gonna be All the Pretty Faces.

Don't know Magic, don't know any songs by Three Days Grace from memory, and I hope we get Hold the Line. Sure, Africa is Africa, but Hold the Line is also really popular and won't suck for the majority players. Iris will fulfill the dull quota for the month.

CloudWolf

No, those songs haven't been announced. Those were just guesses posted earlier. There are multiple viable possibilities from both bands, so its a toss-up as to which.
Those are literally the only viable options for both those bands though, unless Toto and Goo Goo Dolls have other huge international hits I don't know of.

pacman85

The MCR pick isn't my first choice, hell, not even my first five. Dead!, Thank you for the Venom or a few songs from Danger Days would be preferable, but this is nice, I guess. Dunno the other song, but I'll give it a listen.

As for the rest of the month, the only track is class as definite is Iris. Amazed we've not had it already. Imagine Dragons could be either Demons or Radioactive, the former already appearing on GH Live. There could be loads of Killers songs, could get Miss Atomic Bomb if Harmonix have a sense of humour and release it with Radioactive, All These Things I've Done was the last single from Hot Fuss to release, Human is a big single that's yet to come out, I'd pick a few songs from Sam's Town, personally, and then there's the later stuff I've never even listened to. So, it's gonna be All the Pretty Faces.

Don't know Magic, don't know any songs by Three Days Grace from memory, and I hope we get Hold the Line. Sure, Africa is Africa, but Hold the Line is also really popular and won't suck for the majority players. Iris will fulfill the dull quota for the month.
I really hope we get Demons and not Radioactive. The C3 guys released a custom of Radioactive and man it was a boring song!

vg260

Those are literally the only viable options for both those bands though, unless Toto and Goo Goo Dolls have other huge international hits I don't know of.

Oh yeah, it has to be have been one of those two Toto songs. I missed one in your post, but Goo goo Dolls had a few radio hits, Slide being one. I'm hoping it's that one.

vg260

IIRC back when the first Toto track came out, they said Hold the Line didn't have usable masters. It was one of them anyway.

Same reason we didn't get Danger Zone

Hm, so maybe they're going to release it anyway as they have done with some other flattened tracks recently :/

zulux21

finally a month I can be excited for.
I will buy the imagine dragons song no matter what song it is.
might get the killers, three days grace, or toto song depending on what it is.

to be fair we already have the three days grace song I wanted the most. animal I have become.

EYEL1NER

I'm down for "The Hook" and "Famous Last Words."
I think "Runaround" should have been a no-brainer but I am not sure if it deserved a spot over "The Hook." "Famous Last Words" was pretty fun to play in Guitar Hero 2, so that is why I will pick that up. I am kind of 'meh' on the rest of the month's artists though at the moment.

pacman85

IIRC back when the first Toto track came out, they said Hold the Line didn't have usable masters. It was one of them anyway.

Same reason we didn't get Danger Zone
I wish they could be forthcoming about which songs they couldn't get because there are no masters available for. What do they have to lose by revealing that?

FyreWulff

I wish they could be forthcoming about which songs they couldn't get because there are no masters available for. What do they have to lose by revealing that?

They have been in the past. But sometimes they can't mention it due to the contract they signed or they don't want to piss off the labels/artists because they can be a bit.. touchy.

What we know for sure from HMX interviews and streams:

half of Who's Next was stolen/lost, so that's why we haven't gotten the rest of Who.

Danger Zone doesn't have usable masters.

The original Rush songs had lost masters. The ones we have now were actually different masters the label re-discovered. This is why Tom Sawyer was a cover in RB1 and Limelight/Working Man had covers released as DLC first before being re-released as masters. It's also why both GH and RB have the Live version of Spirit of Radio that nobody knows where it was actually recorded.

Sweet Home Alabama doesn't have usable masters, so both GH and RB have the Live version.

What we know from various other places:

Dream On doesn't have usable masters. GH:A only re-recorded the vocals and guitar, which is why RB got a Live version.

Lot of early Rolling Stones stuff does not have usable masters. Paint It Black for example only has split guitar and bass, IIRC, so that's why it only showed up in GH3.

They've also mentioned before that labels have actually been all "YEAH GET OUR SONG IN ROCK BAND" and then come back later to Harmonix with an MP3 and they had to be all "no, we can't use that" and then the deal goes nowhere because the song is signed with no masters.

bonus trivia: Free Bird is credited as the Live version in RB3's manual, so they must have found the masters really late.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I hope they add All These Things That I've Done for the Killers
I'm pretty sure it'll be either Human or Read My Mind, since those are their most popular songs that aren't on RB.
Personally I hope we get A Dustland Fairytale or Bones.

Decent month.

Toto has got to be Africa.
It better be!

I really hope we get Demons and not Radioactive. The C3 guys released a custom of Radioactive and man it was a boring song!
So do I, Demons is the only song of theirs I actually like :p

EYEL1NER

I know I said that I didn't care about the "rest of month" choices but I did just realize that I could get behind the Killers song being "All the Pretty Faces." I really liked playing that song in Band Hero and would love to play it in Rock Band.

EYEL1NER

It appears this week's Xbox Live Gold specials includes RB 4 + 30 bonus songs for $29.99.
For a second I thought that I might offload the disc and then pick this up, and when the disc can be had for a couple bucks years from now picking it back up. The disc isn't worth much anywhere, TIV's are pretty low. So I wouldn't come out on top and I won't be able to bring myself to pay for the 30 Song Mega Pack on its own since I own some from previous exports and am just waiting on the entitlements.

EDIT: I know that we are still waiting on some of the track pack exports. If I found a code that worked for $20.00 for one and don't own most of the songs already, that is a pretty good deal, no? The Classic Rock Track Pack released with an MSRP of $29.99 and at the current $1.99 price per song, there is $40.00 worth of DLC in a pack. I own four of the songs as regular DLC anyway, so that is still $32.00 worth of Rock Band DLC that I would get (at a later time when exports work) for $20.00. So that is something I should go for? I'm not missing or forgetting something am I?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
It appears this week's Xbox Live Gold specials includes RB 4 + 30 bonus songs for $29.99.
Huh, I think I would be all over that if it was on PS+, retire my disc copy.
I could still use my old save with the digital version, right?

Are this week's tracks separated masters?

(someone please feel free to automatically answer each week :p)

Hook stems seem properly seperated, let both tracks play without strumming. Here's what I gathered from letting both guitar and bass tracks play without hitting anything...

Guitar: Acoustic backing guitar is audible, as is bass, and drums, but no lead guitar. Track Seperation Confirmed
Bass:: All other tracks are audible, bass isn't Track Seperation Confirmed

You'll have to have somebody else tell you about "Famous Last Words" as I'm not buying that track in the forseeable future. But hey, Hook is fine!

Speaking of "Hook", here's my first playthrough scores...

"Hook" - Blues Traveler
Expert Guitar: 227,857 (Gold Stars) | 99% Notes Hit | N/A
Expert Bass: 183,275 (Gold Stars) | 100% Notes Hit | Full Combo

Get this song guys, seriously, it's one of the most fun guitar and bass tracks we've gotten in a long time, just be wary of the guitar chart, if you're not prepared, the solo and the fast strumming shortly after could easily take you out! It's devil tiered for a reason. Bass is amazingly fun and varied, plenty of hammer-ons jumping up and down the fretboard!

Top Bottom