• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Xbox users, I was able to download Snow-RHCP by searching for it on the store. I dunno if there's any other delisted dlc up.

Update:

[–]HMXCrisisHarmonix Community Manager [score hidden] 21 minutes ago
Hey all!
This is great news! Our team is finishing up some internal testing and I should be providing an update about this on our Rock Band Forums later today. The TL;DR version is that individual tracks are now entitled, and the bundles that include said tracks are coming soon. More info to come!

Damn it, the album artwork from Famous Last Words is slightly different from the other TBP songs and it's such a minor annoyance.

Those with the RB2 export, I take it Ten/Shackler's Revenge is still different from the rest of their respective album artworks too.

FyreWulff

Damn it, the album artwork from Famous Last Words is slightly different from the other TBP songs and it's such a minor annoyance.

Those with the RB2 export, I take it Ten/Shackler's Revenge is still different from the rest of their respective album artworks too.

Yep, they're stuck with what the label gives them. Which is why Aerosmith has the greatest hits album artwork :(

"Hymn 43" by Jethro Tull popped up under ready to install. Never had it before. I had bought "Snow (Hey Oh)" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, but that hasn't popped up for me yet. I tried looking it up on both the in-game store and the Xbox Marketplace. It popped up on the latter, but said "bundle only." Heh.

pacman85

Anyone else in the Preview Program on XBone? People are reporting Rock Band 4 no longer works if you have opted in to the latest version of the dashboard and installed it. Game just crashes every time. Just a heads up to see if anyone else is having this problem....

FyreWulff

Anyone else in the Preview Program on XBone? People are reporting Rock Band 4 no longer works if you have opted in to the latest version of the dashboard and installed it. Game just crashes every time. Just a heads up to see if anyone else is having this problem....

Yeah I avoided those after the 360 one where no Rock Band instruments could pair to the 360.. :3

Track Pack 2 and the Metal Track Pack are able to be installed on Xbox One now. The songs don't show up in the Ready to Install list, but can be downloaded by searching for each one individually. The Classic Rock Track pack is still not available.

pacman85

Track Pack 2 and the Metal Track Pack are able to be installed on Xbox One now. The songs don't show up in the Ready to Install list, but can be downloaded by searching for each one individually. The Classic Rock Track pack is still not available.
It's so weird how different people are getting such different results. I have seen people claiming were they able to install the Classic Rock Track Pack songs but they insist they never even actually bought and exported it. It just showed up for them.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

The Metal Pack songs actually did show up on my Ready to Install list. I checked this morning and it suddenly had Bulls on Parade, Transmaniacon MC, etc all ready to go.

EYEL1NER

My track packs aren't showing as ready to install but the songs do show 'purchased' in the store listing, so I'll go throw and DL them one-by-one.

EDIT: "Snow (Hey Oh)" did pop up in my Ready to Install list. So I got everything from the Track Packs except for Nazareth - "Hair of the Dog," I Mother Earth - "Levitate," and Hawkwind - "Masters of the Universe." Those were all delisted, so I guess those will come later on with the rest of the dead songs (unless those were in people's Ready to Install lists with the rest of the Metal Track Packs, which means maybe I just need to wait another day or two?).

Oppo

Mind explaining why you needed those?

Sure.

I noticed that in the winter, in my carpeted basement, the Ions would disconnect all the time, which halts the game immediately and is a real problem. They seem to be very susceptible to static. This can be exacerbated by actually playing the drums which builds up a static charge on the drum heads themselves. I was playing with the drum set up on top of foam modular pads, cord hanging in the air (to not touch the carpet), and with Bounce dryer sheets wrapped around the controller module and actually inserted into the drum heads themselves, which heavily minimizes the problem but doesn't eliminate it completely.

In the summer, the humidity is such that the static isn't a problem at all, so i don't need to bother with that rigamarole. (I am in Toronto.)

Took me a bit of googling and experimentation to figure this out. I thought the drums were busted and was ready to get out my soldering iron. If you can minimize static it's not a problem.

On a related note – if someone knows where I can buy an Ion ride cymbal, that would be great. It's the one piece I'm missing to play Pro Drums. My set only came with a crash and hihat. I have one plug ready for the ride cymbal but the weird precarious state of Rock Band combined with being in Canada makes it a little tricky to find.

FyreWulff

It's so weird how different people are getting such different results. I have seen people claiming were they able to install the Classic Rock Track Pack songs but they insist they never even actually bought and exported it. It just showed up for them.

I can only imagine how Harmonix must wish they could explain first party shenanigans with content deployment and assignment, but that stuff is racked up in so many NDAs.

Sure.

I noticed that in the winter, in my carpeted basement, the Ions would disconnect all the time, which halts the game immediately and is a real problem. They seem to be very susceptible to static. This can be exacerbated by actually playing the drums which builds up a static charge on the drum heads themselves. I was playing with the drum set up on top of foam modular pads, cord hanging in the air (to not touch the carpet), and with Bounce dryer sheets wrapped around the controller module and actually inserted into the drum heads themselves, which heavily minimizes the problem but doesn't eliminate it completely.

In the summer, the humidity is such that the static isn't a problem at all, so i don't need to bother with that rigamarole. (I am in Toronto.)

Took me a bit of googling and experimentation to figure this out. I thought the drums were busted and was ready to get out my soldering iron. If you can minimize static it's not a problem.

On a related note – if someone knows where I can buy an Ion ride cymbal, that would be great. It's the one piece I'm missing to play Pro Drums. My set only came with a crash and hihat. I have one plug ready for the ride cymbal but the weird precarious state of Rock Band combined with being in Canada makes it a little tricky to find.

Fascinating. I'm in Florida, so I guess the ridiculous humidity is doing me some good in this area.

komarkaze

I feel like all my Xbox entitlements are screwed up. Today I check my Ready to Install list and I still don't see the 20 free Rock Band songs nor do I see songs I bought like Snow (Hey Oh). They all say Bundle Only. I did see three songs in my Ready to Install list which I never bought - Behind Blue Eyes, Truth Hurts Everybody and Hymn 43. I'm able to download and install these into RB successfully.

EYEL1NER

I feel like all my Xbox entitlements are screwed up. Today I check my Ready to Install list and I still don't see the 20 free Rock Band songs nor do I see songs I bought like Snow (Hey Oh). They all say Bundle Only. I did see three songs in my Ready to Install list which I never bought - Behind Blue Eyes, Truth Hurts Everybody and Hymn 43. I'm able to download and install these into RB successfully.
Those three are part of the 20 from the Classic Rock Track Pack disc. If you have those showing, then the other 17 might be available for download as well.

komarkaze

Those three are part of the 20 from the Classic Rock Track Pack disc. If you have those showing, then the other 17 might be available for download as well.

Oh shit you're right! Even though I never bought the Classic Rock Track Pack, the system thinks I am entitled to the whole thing. That's a pleasant surprise but I'd still prefer that they fix my actual entitlements.

CloudWolf

That's hilarious. Tons of people still don't have AC/DC and the 20 free songs and now too many people are getting the track packs.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That's hilarious. Tons of people still don't have AC/DC and the 20 free songs and now too many people are getting the track packs.
I also heard of people in SCEE territories that never bought RB1 and were able to download the export pack.

FyreWulff

If the Amplitude glitch is any indication, I wonder if some people are going to lose those downloads.

For example, if you somehow glitched your way into the Lego export key, you can't actually use it to export Lego for RB4 - only for the PS3 rock bands - and have to ask for a refund from Sony. The music label lawyers are enforcing the rights expiration by making Rock Band 4 detect when the key was actually bought.

CloudWolf

Hahaha, fucking bravo Microsoft. No sign of AC/DC and the RB2 Bonus Tracks, but I did also get Truth Hits Everybody, a song I've never bought. Oh well, I like the song, so why not?

Hahaha, fucking bravo Microsoft. No sign of AC/DC and the RB2 Bonus Tracks, but I did also get Truth Hits Everybody, a song I've never bought. Oh well, I like the song, so why not?

This is exactly what I found this morning. A song I never bought, over 300MB in size. WTF is going on?

Okay Stratocaster. I've tried. For damn nearly a year. I've blamed calibration, the engine, adjustment time with a new guitar, everything. But I've used my old GH5 guitar with this game for the first time and it's a game changer. Skill level has shot through the roof. The strum bar may be worn, the paint on my backup cover plate may be worn as hell, the end of the whammy bar has snapped and the bar itself is being kept up by a bobble, but damn, it's fantastic. Best guitar ever.

Sorry Strat, it's not me, it's you.

Okay Stratocaster. I've tried. For damn nearly a year. I've blamed calibration, the engine, adjustment time with a new guitar, everything. But I've used my old GH5 guitar with this game for the first time and it's a game changer. Skill level has shot through the roof. The strum bar may be worn, the paint on my backup cover plate may be worn as hell, the end of the whammy bar has snapped and the bar itself is being kept up by a bobble, but damn, it's fantastic. Best guitar ever.

Sorry Strat, it's not me, it's you.

Honestly it comes down to preference.

I tried using my Les Paul the other day, and I had to abandon ship. The frets are so spaced out that it throws me off entirely. I love the Strat, and I'm really looking forward to the new one coming out this year.

Honestly it comes down to preference.

I tried using my Les Paul the other day, and I had to abandon ship. The frets are so spaced out that it throws me off entirely. I love the Strat, and I'm really looking forward to the new one coming out this year.
It's weird, to be honest. I do actually like the RB4 Strat. It's a great size and weight, the whammy bar is the perfect length, the buttons do feel nice and I can even get past the lack of select activation on the PS4. It's not like I've even done poorly with the Strat, notable FCs include Hold on Loosely and That Smell, but I just feel too inconsistent with it. More often than not I find myself choking on easy songs, having to recalibrate and still not getting it. Earlier on it was Should I Stay or Should I Go and In Bloom. Constant chokes. Switch to the GH5 guitar and boom, instant FC of Time Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear. Hardly difficult, but something I'm less familiar with and harder than the other two.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though, I've been consistently inconsistent with RB4 before, and I doubt I'm alone. But I might just stick with the GH5 guitar just to make sure. And maybe find a clicky mod for the Strat

vg260

If I had to pick one guitar to use I would use the sunburst strat that came with the Rock Band 2 bundle only. Not the black RB2 one sold separately. Not only does it look nicest, it for some reason did not develop issues with the buttons losing sensitivity like my black ones. It's also a great because it has the jack for an overdrive pedal.

EYEL1NER

I've always liked the Les Paul the most. I prefer clicky strum bars and I don't need any additional frets for tapping. I do like the size of the Strats but the mushy strum bar has always been a turn-off. The nubs on the yellow fret on the Rock Band 4 Strat has been irritating me too, since any identifying bumps on frets of my older guitars have been worn down from heavy use. It will take me a while to wear this one down, I think.

Guitars I always wish I had bought:
-Precision bass, with double strum bar for two-fingered up strums. I was playing a song on bass last night, can't remember which one (might have been "Midlife Crisis"), and thought that it would have been much easier one a precision bass's strum bars.
-Rock Band: Beatles Gretsch guitar and Hofner bass, just because they looked so cool
-A wooden replica guitar, and not the MadCatz one. I know there was some company that would gut regular guitars and install the controller mechanics. I remember getting a quote from the guy who did it once, but now I can't find the website.

Here's hoping the PDP instruments kick ass. I really want to get drums but the complaints of dropped notes keep me from being able to do it.

pacman85

Staples had a sale on $50 XBox gift cards for $40 so I picked up 2 of them to give me $100 to use on (mostly) Rock Band DLC. 20% off seemed like a good enough to deal to bite on. Plus, I haven't bought much DLC in a while. Hopefully Harmonix comes out swinging with their E3 Rock Band news and I will happily drop some more money on DLC!

EYEL1NER

I'm holding out for another DLC sale. Feels like it's been ages since we've had one.
It would be nice. I think my in-game wishlist is about 240 items long, but some of those are track packs or albums. I'd like to knock a good chunk of that off my list with a sale.

Ck1gwuKUkAA3iad.jpg

Predictable, but I'll grab Iris.

FyreWulff

so no e3 news yet? i figured they would announce something at the sony conference.

they confirmed a while back they wouldn't be at the conference. I'd expect their news today post-Nintendo showing off Zelda.

also people are now able to download the 3 pulled tracks from the Metal Track Pack on One

Top Bottom