• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

EYEL1NER

also people are now able to download the 3 pulled tracks from the Metal Track Pack on One
Nice. I can't say I care for the Hawkwind or I Mother Earth songs all that much, and that version of "Hair of the Dog" sounds absolutely horrible, but I'm glad to have them back anyway.
So are these and "Snow (Hey Oh)" the first group of delisted songs to be made available again for people entitled to them on RB4 or were there more before "Snow" that I didn't realize had been delisted?

Here's hoping some big news pops up today or tomorrow.

From the US Xbone ghetto: No ACDC, no other stuff I'm owed and no update as of right now.

Good job?

Back to RB3! (We don't bother firing up RB4 any more....)

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/r...fendertm-jaguartm-guitar-controller-revealed/

RB_Rivals_Logo_-_Horizontal.png

The Fender Jaguar Guitar Controller comes with all the basics you’d expect: upper frets for classic gameplay, and solo frets for the daring shredders out there. It’s got a highly sensitive tilt sensor for perfect Overdrive deployment, and an improved strum bar for increased precision at high speeds. The auto-calibration light sensor allows less ambient light than previous guitars, which means auto-calibrating is more accurate and will get you playing faster. Aside from all of the classic features this new guitar will come with, it’s got one that really seals the deal: it’s foldable. That’s right, you read that correctly. Our newest Rock Band peripheral is a foldable guitar.

The Fender Jaguar Guitar Controller comes with all the basics you’d expect: upper frets for classic gameplay, and solo frets for the daring shredders out there. It’s got a highly sensitive tilt sensor for perfect Overdrive deployment, and an improved strum bar for increased precision at high speeds. The auto-calibration light sensor allows less ambient light than previous guitars, which means auto-calibrating is more accurate and will get you playing faster. Aside from all of the classic features this new guitar will come with, it’s got one that really seals the deal: it’s foldable. That’s right, you read that correctly. Our newest Rock Band peripheral is a foldable guitar.

MEET THE NEW ROCK BAND 4 ACCESSORIES

RB_Jaguar_Guitar_Charger.png

That’s not all, folks! You can expect to see more Rock Band peripheral accessories on the way this year as well. In addition to the sleek new Fender Jaguar Guitar Controller, PDP is in the process of creating the Rock Band™ Fender® Jaguar Guitar Charger: a charging dock designed exclusively for the Fender Jaguar Guitar Controller that includes a rechargeable battery back, all the while serving as a modern display stand for your latest axe in music gaming. What better way to show off your newest guitar than in a snazzy guitar stand that also keeps your battery charged? You can even connect the included AC adapter to the battery pack and charge while playing!

RB_Xbox_Wired_Adapter.png

Officially licensed by Microsoft, the Rock Band™ 4 Wired Legacy Adapter for Xbox One is exclusively compatible with Rock Band 4 and these specific legacy controllers:

Rock Band 3 Midi PRO-Adapter for Xbox 360
ION Drum Rocker for Xbox 360
Wired legacy Rock Band peripherals*

PDP will be releasing new Rock Band Rivals hardware bundles later this year: The Rock Band™ Rivals Wireless Jaguar Bundle will include Rock Band 4 software with the Rock Band Rivals expansion pack and one Fender Jaguar guitar controller for $89.99 USD. The Rock Band™ Rivals Band Kit will include Rock Band 4 software with the Rock Band Rivals expansion pack, one Fender Jaguar guitar controller, and one Rock Band 4 drum kit for $199.99 USD. All hardware bundles will be available for both Xbox One and PlayStation®4 platforms. The Rock Band™ Fender® Jaguar Guitar Charger and Rock Band™ 4 Wired Legacy Adapter for Xbox One will be available for purchase separately.

The Rock Band Rivals expansion pack will also be available as a standalone digital download on these platforms for $29.99 USD. Everything here is pricing in USD; international pricing will be revealed soon!

So the bundles are cheaper than the Mad Catz bundles, and they include the expansion.

EYEL1NER

The Jaguar looks good, but the foldable aspect doesn't do anything for me except make me concerned about quality issues and defects. Hope we get some news about new tracks soon (assuming there will be some in the expansion, which I am indeed assuming). And I need to see those drums soon.

On the "newly available old songs" front, I did have the Hawkwind and I Mother Earth songs available to me when I checked but not Nazareth. I'll give it a couple days though, since they just went up.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
$30 eh? I would have liked to have known what those new modes were. At least reveal one or something!

FyreWulff

The Jaguar looks good, but the foldable aspect doesn't do anything for me except make me concerned about quality issues and defects. Hope we get some news about new tracks soon (assuming there will be some in the expansion, which I am indeed assuming). And I need to see those drums soon.

On the "newly available old songs" front, I did have the Hawkwind and I Mother Earth songs available to me when I checked but not Nazareth. I'll give it a couple days though, since they just went up.

foldable sounds to me like the neck is still fully wired, which would avoid all the issues with the removable necks on GH guitars and their contacts.

It also lets them get the guitar into a smaller box which = more guitars per truck = lower costs.

also another band in a box bundle is coming with the PDP guitar as well. No mic though? Just guitar and drums.

The Rock Band™ Rivals Band Kit will include Rock Band 4 software with the Rock Band Rivals expansion pack, one Fender Jaguar guitar controller, and one Rock Band 4 drum kit for $199.99 USD.

edit: it includes the mic, text error

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/c...nnounced_plus_fender_jaguar/d49dl42?context=3

vg260

Has it been confirmed if that is an actual overdrive button on the guitar below the strum bar?

It has to be, right?

It would be sweet if they can get that portable drum kit working with that wired adapter. I have two of those I picked up on clearance way back.

So PDP has priced the bundles much better than what Mad Catz had them at.

Full band bundle+Expansion=$200>Mad Catz bundle=$250

Guitar bundle+Expansion=$80>MC guitar bundle=$130

So yeah, you can see why Mad Catz failed with those guitar bundles.

FyreWulff

Does the wired instrument adapter mean I can use my Xplorer again? How many instruments can it handle per device?

In theory yes (since it's the only other wired guitar for 360; the wired strats only came in the BIAB), but I think they're not going to commit to it until they know for sure they'll be allowed to let the Xplorer work legal wise.

also how the Jaguar folds:

edit: it should be noted that the Jaguar does NOT have the effects switch of the Stratocaster.

In theory yes (since it's the only other wired guitar for 360; the wired strats only came in the BIAB), but I think they're not going to commit to it until they know for sure they'll be allowed to let the Xplorer work legal wise.

also how the Jaguar folds:

edit: it should be noted that the Jaguar does NOT have the effects switch of the Stratocaster.
So it doesn't have the pointless and useless effects switch? Cool

$30?

Unless they add a bunch off songs with it, they might as well not even bother.

Edit: Foldable guitar is a horrible idea. That looks cheap as hell and will probably snap.

EYEL1NER

So it doesn't have the pointless and useless effects switch? Cool
Yep. The only time I ever use the effects switch is when I go to whammy and accidentally change effects. I NEVER intentially use it and I am surprised that they even kept it post-RB1; I tried the effects once on a solo upon getting RB1 and decided that I didn't like it.

vg260

$30?

Unless they add a bunch off songs with it, they might as well not even bother.

Edit: Foldable guitar is a horrible idea. That looks cheap as hell and will probably snap.

Foldable + PDP sounds really sketchy.

Eh, I liked the effects switch. Being able to mess with the separated instrument track is one of the cool things I like about the game. In no other medium can you interact with just one instrument track. I used it more than the tilt sensor and auto calibration, which had never worked for me.

tetsuoFI

"Adjusted slop window for improved drum hit detection on difficult roll sections."

Does this mean that the rolls are...fixed? :O

Seeing it folded makes me wonder how useful it's going to be. Either it'll be stored on the strum and whammy bar or on the frets, neither of which is ideal.

FyreWulff

Seeing it folded makes me wonder how useful it's going to be. Either it'll be stored on the strum and whammy bar or on the frets, neither of which is ideal.

They're selling a recharge stand for it. I feel the folding is mostly just to get it into smaller boxes so they can store more inventory for cheaper. I mean, how many people actually disconnected their GH guitar necks after assembly?

They're selling a recharge stand for it. I feel the folding is mostly just to get it into smaller boxes so they can store more inventory for cheaper. I mean, how many people actually disconnected their GH guitar necks after assembly?

Oh, duh, of course the stand will keep it vertical. Seems pretty handy.

The disconnecting neck thing was pretty handy until people started figuring out that it would mess up the connection eventually and drop notes. It had pretty simple fixes but still, it created a problem larger than the one it was solving.

pacman85

So what is in the expansion?

Wait, they announced an expansion without saying anything about the expansion?
haha not only that but they already announced the price for it. $30 but didn't list a single feature. you would figure if they have the price nailed they have the features nailed down too right?

FyreWulff

Yeah, it's annoying as hell. You'd think they would know what is due to ship in the expansion. The only excuse I can think of is that they may have decided to include songs with it and the signing of the song rights has lagged beyond E3. Or they're paranoid that GHLive could rush the feature out after they announce it themselves.

Either way Harmonix, please don't announce an announce of announce for announcements

Yeah, it's annoying as hell. You'd think they would know what is due to ship in the expansion. The only excuse I can think of is that they may have decided to include songs with it and the signing of the song rights has lagged beyond E3. Or they're paranoid that GHLive could rush the feature out after they announce it themselves.

Either way Harmonix, please don't announce an announce of announce for announcements
Actually, on that point, I'd GH Live even getting any updates beyond GHTV? Not played it in a while.

I think this is it as well. They're probably still hammering out the licensing for songs to include with the expansion.

What would you think would be a fair amount to add? 10? 15?

vg260

I think this is it as well. They're probably still hammering out the licensing for songs to include with the expansion.

What would you think would be a fair amount to add? 10? 15?

20-25? Blitz had 25 if I recall.

On that note, I'm hoping for a gamepad based Blitz-like mode.

EYEL1NER

Yep, 20 songs at the absolute bare minimum, but even that would be disappointing to me. Of course we don't know what new features will be on the disc, because they haven't told us anything yet. Beyond online play, there could be all kinds of character creation options, a Blitz mode, and who knows what all else? Most anything I can think of that they could add are things that IMO should have already been in the game at this point, if not there day one (beyond a Blitz mode anyway, I would have never expected that or seen it coming at launch). I don't even really care about online-play that much myself.
So a disc that will come bundled with instruments and $30 separately? I'm looking at this disc like it is a track pack disc with a couple other bonuses, so at least 20, 25 is what I think we might get, and an unlikely 30 would be almost half what shipped on the base game disc (65) which makes for a pretty good expansion.

Yaari

In the end the soundtrack for that expansion will probably be my main motivation for even picking it up at all. So I hope it has a good amount of songs on there.

Honestly, since it's $30, I would expect 25-30 songs. RB4 launched with 65 songs, and was $59.99 so I don't think it's unreasonable to want a similar value relative to cost and songs.

pacman85

Honestly, since it's $30, I would expect 25-30 songs. RB4 launched with 65 songs, and was $59.99 so I don't think it's unreasonable to want a similar value relative to cost and songs.
Blitz launched at $15 and had 25 songs too so I think it's safe to say we will get AT LEAST 25 songs.

Top Bottom