• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

RedBoot

Individual. When I went to RB4 addons, all 25 tracks were listed as available to download, one at a time.

Huh, weird. I guess Green Day will end up doing the same, marking all the individual DLC as owned instead of just being a big pack.

Not sure what they'd end up doing for RB1/2/Lego though, since those aren't all available as DLC.

Yaari

I hope it won't be as difficult for RB1 and 2. They are talking about running the game and stuff. I don't even have those 2 anymore.

Southcott

Anyone in the UK looking to buy a Guitar Bundle on XBO?

It's been used a handful of times, the guitar still has all original protective stickers on it and is in perfect condition.

Comes in original box and will come with a sealed copy of the game.

Reason for the sale is my legacy adapter bundle comes tomorrow so no longer need this.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Finally fixed the issue I had with the RB2 drums!
Reinstalled the game, recalibrated manually but using the drums this time, and now it works as expected. Not sure if something got fucked up in the preload or what, but anyway YAY :D

They were 40$ new for RB3, so that's pretty close considering the upgrades (full analog signal)

That being said if you can locate RB3 cymbals they will work with your RB4 kit. Doesn't matter which platform they came from
The cymbals were dirt cheap ($15) for a long while on amazon a couple of years ago, I know because that's when I got them :p

I was looking for this, thanks!

uggh, just like rock band 2/3 the auto calibration doesnt work for shit
Autocalibration worked fine in RB2/3 for me, it doesn't work in 4 PS4 using legacy instruments though, which sucks.

dynamic fills

go fuck yourself......honestly the most dumb shit ever

edit: also...........baby metal rocked my rusty ass.....bad
Yeah, I thought I'd like them, but went to Static fills so fast :(
Probably if they didn't break streak I'd like them better.

So has anybody had calibration issues with the guitar? Granted, I'm using a RB1 guitar, but I don't recall ever having this much issues with timing on RB3 or previous ones for that matter, but here, I have trouble managing one/two star songs on expert which doesn't seem right. Notes in quick succession are typically a problem.

My RB2 guitar is in another state...hopefully it gets mailed to me soon :/
Which console?
On PS4 using PS3 guitars Autocalibration does *not* work.

screw it....im dead, can't do drums....also calibration is so off when it comes to drums

guitar is dead on and spot on but drums are just.....yes, I'm going to need to mess with it.
Run the calibration using the drums, it made a difference to me at least.

Someone on Reddit made this list.
Seems accurate enough for missing DLC
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yLPpmEGOqBj2C94/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
Seems pretty accurate.
I guess that green is for tracks having issues on XO and blue for PS4?

If it's the new instruments just hold the guide button for 10 seconds.
Old instruments... batteries.
Wait, the X360 instruments didn't have an on/off switch like PS3 ones did?

export license for those ran out.
Lego Rock Band was a split venture between WB, Telltale Games, MTV Games and Harmonix.

People should have really bought it when it came out instead of dismissing it as a kids game. It had a lot of good songs and had a lot of fun level themes.
Yup, a new copy was dirt cheap for the longest of time on amazon too.

Uhh excuse me if I'm wrong but the export license ran out for literally all of the games at this point
Except for Blitz.
RB1 is technically expired, but haven't removed the Key from the stores for some reason.

I can't remember if I ever exported Lego RB... does it show in your download history anywhere? If so, guess I didn't as I can't see it.
Yes, you should have an export key and/or export pack in your download list.

The title of this thread needs to be changed to
Rock Band 4 |OT| YOU CANT EXPORT OLD GAMES YET
Hah, seriously.

Agreed.

Either that, or the information needs to be in the OP and everyone who asks about it gets banned for not reading the OP.
It is in the OP, and not reading the OP is bannable, but no mod is reading the thread I think.

Why can't I download <insert song name here>?

Are my new instruments dropping notes or am I just bad?

Can I still get export keys? How?

How do I turn off legacy instruments?

How can I download my free pre-order songs without them becoming Jane?

What are the scoring differences between the new features?

How do I download my previously owned DLC? Is there an easy way of doing it?

I can't find <insert Rock Band 4 related product> anywhere!

Can I buy just one guitar? How about a drumset, cymbals or microphone?

Can I use my Ions in Rock Band 4?

And, for fun, tons of useless facts about the RB4 setlist.
I like it, I'd add:
- How do I use multiple mics on RB4 PS4? To use multiple mics on PS4 you have to plug them in AFTER you boot the game.
- Autocalibrate with my RB1/2/3 guitar on PS4 is garbage. Yes, it's not working with legacy guitars, have to calibrate manually.
- Link for the PS+ preorder tracks: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-RB4USPREORDERDLC
I had a couple more that I can't recall right now, will requote if I do :p

Didnt you have to enter the first code from the manual into a harmonix website back in the day which would then give you another code to type into the 360? Seems to ring a bell.
Yes, the RB2 manual came with either a 12-digit code or 16-digit code (can't remember the reason why you'd get one or the other). If you got the 12-digit one you could just input it in RB3 and be done with it, if you got the other one you had to go to a specific website which would then give you the export code (and said website has been dead for years)

How are people not understanding exports? This shit has been around for about 8 years now and you're just getting to it?
I'm guessing that most people back then didn't mind switching discs so they never did it.
It annoyed me greatly, exports FTW

It did, but only on EA copies. Madcatz copies don't have codes.

You can try putting that code into RB3's redeem code and see if it's an RB2 code
That difference makes me wonder how are they going to handle the RB3 export if it happens.

Sure there is.

Is this still possible? If so, can someone link it on the Xbox Marketplace? Because I found a Rock Band Export Key on their site but every time I try to buy it I get an error message.

This is extra confusing to me. Last Sunday I took my old copy of RB2 and found the code. I then put a new copy of RB3 in my 360 and used the code from RB2. It worked and I was then told to buy a ten dollar export key, which I did and is now in my purchase history. Why would I have to call EA? I'm sure I'm missing something, but it seemed to work fine so I don't get all of the "call EA" stuff. Do I still need to call EA?
You got lucky, for most the RB2 code that got with their game was an intermediate one (ie, doesn't work directly in console's store), so the contact with EA is needed.

Man, you are on a roll on finding stuff on the store :D

Okay, so what do I need to export RB1/2/3 into RB4?

I only need the RB3 disc? Do I need to hook up my PS3 as well?

Besides that...any input on the new drums? Do the new instruments connect using dongles?
RB1 - buy the key from PSN, link in the OP. No PS3 needed.
RB2 - export is dead, pray that someone in EA support gives you a code. Need a PS3 to redeem.
RB3 - no export (yet)

This is my daily call to anyone with delisted DLC like the RHCP tracks, Tokio Hotel tracks, Don't Stop Believin', or the Silversun Pickups tracks-- are they showing up for you anywhere? Webstore? PS4 store? In-game?
The only delisted content that is showing up for me is the one that appeared last weekend (Electric Six, etc), nothing else :(

Which RHCP tracks were delisted?

Like, I was able to redownload Californication (I think...) and Scar Tissue, but I couldn't redownload Give it Away on PS4.

I haven't made it far enough into my DLC list to find Don't Stop Believin' XD
Blood Sugar Sex Magick, Snow (Hey Oh), Tell Me Baby and probably others I can't remember at the moment.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just bought a Blink 182 pack on the Rock Band store (PS4) and can't seem to find the songs anywhere. It says 'purchased' when I go back into the store, but comes up 'no content found' when I click on it.

I've never played Rock Band before, by the way.
For some reason, after purchasing selecting a song on the ingame store brings up that instead of a redownload page. Check your download list, the tracks should be there.

That means the content hasn't yet been uploaded to the PS store internally yet. Uploading all the legacy DLC is a massive undertaking for both Harmonix and Sony and it will take a day or two for all the kinks to be ironed out. I did the same kinda thing as you yesterday with some country tracks. Super frustrating that you can't just have it now, for sure. But I understand how big the operation is and I can kinda give them a few days to get it all up to speed.
No, that's when you get the three loading dots. The no content found thing after purchase is just some bad design :p

Nice, will try this when I get home.

RIGHT IN THE TOPIC
I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing up exports.
Because reading is hard.

Sorry, I'm quickly browsing through this thread, but it exploded so fast that I can't keep up.

I'm on PS4 and am in the IN GAME store looking to redownload old songs I bought on my PS3. I keep seeing songs that just a constant "..." loading thing where the price is supposed to be. What does that mean? It's a song I already had from a previous Rock Band game. If I click it, I get "There was a problem completing your purchase. Please try again later."
Those are the songs that haven't been updated for PS4, or have some issue. The only option is just to wait.

I'm working on an export faq megapost and I was wondering of you guys knew if any of the exports could be done on RB2 (and which ones) or if they all needed RB3
I think LRB and GDRB could be exported on RB2, as those tracks show up in that game. Not sure how the process was, since I exported them from RB3.

Kolma

Yeah 360 instruments had no power switches.
They worked 100% natively with Xbox 360.
They powered off just like regular 360 controllers. Guide -> select power off controller

So does Xbox have Dinosaur Jr.? Someone on reddit was posting a freestyle solo and I don't see it on my PS4 - I really want Feel the Pain haha

ViciousDS

Banned
Lol you can see the delay in just the main menu on the drums. Hit a fret the button lights instantly....hit a drum pad it takes half a second longer to register......I don't get it.....why do drums have a longer delay before hitting the system?

ViciousDS

Banned
I just realized that the Xbox one cannot download more than 1 item at a time lol......wow, come on Microsoft you design computer software!

Hey guys, I pre-ordered this on the playstation store but I'm not a plus member. Should I still get the pre-order songs? I got the theme at least..

Problem is I haven't gotten the songs but I can't buy them either. It says "You already own Rock Band 4 Pre-Order".

I just want 'Throne' man..

MrNelson

Banned
I think I'm done with these drums until they manage to fix them. Nearly failed The Wolf at the the ending drum roll, then proceed to fail The Feast and the Famine at the, you guessed it, ending drum roll.

Sucks that the whole reason I got the BIAB was to replace my busted RB1 drums :/

evanmisha

THE DEFINITIVE RB4 EXPORT POST

I want to export RB1 to RB4. What do I do?
Buy the key off PSN while you still can. Then, you wait. When exports get implemented into RB4, you'll presumably have everything you need.

But I heard you need a RB1 disc to export the songs!
You need a RB1 disc to export the songs to the PS3 hard drive for use in other PS3 RB games. This of course won't be possible on the PS4 and happens entirely locally on your PS3 system, so Harmonix will presumably use only your purchase of the key when deciding your eligibility to obtain the RB1 tracks on RB4. In short, the RB1 disc will not be necessary.

What if I already exported RB1 tracks to RB2 and/or RB3?
You already have everything you need. The discussion about buying the key is among people who did not originally do so. Rest assured, you're good.

I want to export RB2 to RB4. What do I do?
You're gonna need a copy of RB3, first of all. Then, you're gonna have to contact EA support and try and convince them to give you an export code. After that, you'll use the export code in the Get More Songs menu inside RB3. You'll be prompted to pay 10$, and after that, you should be good.

Do I need to download the RB2 songs to my PS3 after purchasing the export key? I don't have enough hard drive space!
That's inconsequential. You don't have to.

EA says they've stopped supporting Rock Band and to contact Harmonix.
This is essentially true, but regardless, they do have access to export codes for whatever reason, and they're your only opportunity to get one.

No matter what I say, EA support won't give me a code! What do I say?
People have reported numerous things to say to support to help achieve the code, but it more often than not seems like luck. Be persistent, be respectful, and hope you get a helpful agent. Many times, people have reported being told no consistently, only to be given the code immediately without hesitation by the next agent.

I already exported RB2 to RB3. Do I need to get a key?
You do not! The original way to export RB2, as I'm sure you remember, was to use the code from the manual at a Harmonix website which would generate a download code that you could then put in RB3. The keys we're hassling EA for are those download codes. You've already completed that step and you're good.

What about the track packs? The AC/DC track pack, too!
EA has access to those codes as well, but reports of people successfully obtaining one are few and far between. Your mileage may vary.
UPDATE The track packs are now being rolled out across PSN and Xbox. I will edit this with links soon, but feel free to check out the last few pages of the thread for links.

What about Green Day Rock Band?
For whatever reason, it would appear that EA is all but out of these codes. Again, your mileage may vary.

How do I redeem track pack and Green Day Rock Band codes?
The same way you redeem RB2 export codes-- through RB3. I'm sure a few of them can be exported to RB2 instead, but I'm frankly not sure which. The result is the same.

What about Lego Rock Band?
WB was issuing replacement codes until a few months ago, but they've since stopped completely and have shown no signs of compromise. For all intents and purposes, it's impossible to export Lego Rock Band now.

I already exported Lego Rock Band! Does that mean I can't use those songs in RB4?
Not at all! You're the lucky few, the proud. You will be able to play Lego Rock Band tracks in RB4 when that's available. Please share your account with me so I can play Free Fallin'. :x

What about Rock Band Blitz?
I've got good news! Rock Band Blitz export now works. In my case, I simply went onto my PS3 and opened Rock Band Blitz back up. It asked me to download the soundtrack again, and when I initiated the download, it updated the PS4 entitlement on my PSN account and I was able to access the songs individually (not as a pack!) on RB4. Please let me know if this works on the Xbone.

When and how can I get the exported songs on my RB4?
It's frankly unclear when and how, but the few track packs that have been released showed up as packs on the webstore. Anyone who was entitled to them is able to push the downloads to their PS4 from there. How these will be rolled out onto the in-game store is unclear, as is whether or not that will apply to the remainder of the exports. I'll update this answer as the process refines.

1337Sauce

Can anybody summarize these drum issues for me? I have the legacy adapter on the way and just wanted to know if people are experiencing issues using their RB 2 drum kits. Is it tied to the game/calibration, or is it people having issues with the new RB 4 kits?

SScorpio

Reddit saying Classic Rock and Country Rock exports are up on PSN.
I wish I had more of these haha.

Thanks for the heads up, if the keys still work you can get all of them from Amazon.

Now to just wait for:
Track Pack Vol 2
Metal Track Pack
A/C Live Track Pack

I'm even more glad I got these and then flipped them on Goozex back in the day.

So my Amazon preorder songs appear to be broken on XB1. I downloaded them, yet most of them still show in my ready to download and I can't delete the few that have been downloaded. My old DLC shows in game, but none of the preorder stuff does.

evanmisha

I wonder if this includes Death From Above.
I have the other tracks that were pre-order only bought already, and its the only one left that I want.

EDIT: PS PLUS pre-order....so a big no.

The Amazon pre-order tracks are more than likely next week's DLC.

EDIT: btw links to the track packs on psn for reference

Classic Rock:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...smcid=pdc:shop-now:games:ps-playstation-store

Country Track Pack:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...smcid=pdc:shop-now:games:ps-playstation-store

Tek

Reading through this thread just stresses me out with all the problems going on...ugh I'm normally always a day one buyer but I'm really regretting it with this

evanmisha

Reading through this thread just stresses me out with all the problems going on...ugh I'm normally always a day one buyer but I'm really regretting it with this

The loudest voices are the dissatisfied ones. I'm frankly loving it so far and glad I dived in early for a few reasons

opoth

Banned
My adapter showed up today and I've been having a blast with the game so far. I don't miss the exports yet but I'm sure I will eventually so it's nice to see some activity on that front over on the PSN side. Freestyle solos had to go (for now) - maybe I'll revisit them later.

Weird that two Silversun Pickups tracks are on there, but not Panic Switch. I bought it previously.

Anyone had luck redownloading the Coldplay pack either in the RB store or on PSN?

Kolma

After unistalling, I power cycled my XBONE (turn off, unplug). This caused the uninstalled tracks to vanish from my DLC list, allowing me to download working versions.

This only works for the digital preorder tracks.
The retail preorder tracks are broken. (they can't be downloaded from the store anyways)

Kolma

Hmm. I've seen the Amazon exclusive tracks in the XBox Store, so this method may still work for those four tracks.

Maybe, but that still leaves 26 someodd broken tracks.

Slammed four beers.....but um why are there 20 frets instead of 22 or at least 24 on the guitar.....

Because it's a toy guitar.
The more expensive ones are full neck length (Beatles, precision bass etc)
And are highly uncomfortable to use.

Had my first controller drop out today. The guitar still showed connected to the XBO but absolutely no buttons responded. Had to yank the batteries out to get it back. Ugh

I'm about to go attempt a return; I've never regretted a purchase this much before. My previous set of plastic instruments were comprised of two GH5 guitars and my Ion kit, so going back to the "new" instruments was a huge let down. Everything feels like it's somewhere in between Rock Band 1 and 2 equipment. Seriously, what happened to the level of polish the Rock Band 2 and Beatles instruments had? I was really hoping that they had stepped it up for this, but like the game itself that's clearly not the case.

I kind of just brushed that off and hoped actually playing it would change my feelings, but nope. A ton of my DLC is completely broken or just not there, I can't get an import tool for RB2 despite trying several times with EA, and it's not even possible to import songs from my three favorite titles (Beatles, Lego and RB3). The drum calibration feels inexplicably horrible. The setlist for the base game is shockingly uninspired, especially compared to previous entries *cough*RB3*cough*.

Not a great way to get people back in to the genre, Harmonix.

I just made 2 dozen PSN purchases to get all the stuff purchased. Picked up the game today, finally.
When new files are correctly marked as free, what's the easiest way to find those to purchase for redownloading? I can't peruse all 60 pages on the PSN webstore every week.

ViciousDS

Banned
I just made 2 dozen PSN purchases to get all the stuff purchased. Picked up the game today, finally.
When new files are correctly marked as free, what's the easiest way to find those to purchase for redownloading? I can't peruse all 60 pages on the PSN webstore every week.

In game store should do trick

Ninhead

Anyone having trouble getting the old-school Rock Band USB mics working? My system won't recognize mine. Please don't tell me this is some NXE shit.

Anyone having trouble getting the old-school Rock Band USB mics working? My system won't recognize mine. Please don't tell me this is some NXE shit.

I know the game says to plug in microphones AFTER the game has booted (but that may only apply to using harmonies)

Great Export FAQ btw! Also, LEGO and Green Day were both exportable into RB2, as was AC/DC. I believe these were all done via PSN/XBL codes from the back of the manual, but it's been forever since I've done that.

Heheh, straight from the latest episode of Extra Credits.

eVs4Jky.jpg

Deftones tracks are still fucked and bumming me out

I went through all my dlc earlier in my account history and didn't realize that like 60% of my dlc wss from RBN :(

I did but don't stop believing though, but can't find it on the web store or in game. What gives?

And is there a blitz export that doesn't require a ps3? Because I don't have one anymore

Edit: also I can't get my second kick pedal to work

They both work as the main one but as soon as it's connected, nothing

Is the Queen Pack one of the ones that aren't up yet? Try to download it to my PS4 online via the product page and nothing happens, no PS4 option in the actual download list.

Is the Queen Pack one of the ones that aren't up yet? Try to download it to my PS4 online via the product page and nothing happens, no PS4 option in the actual download list.

Yup. For me specifically, that one and the Offspring one are the only ones I own that aren't working. Queen lets you buy but not download, and Offspring gives you an error when you try to buy.

Top Bottom