• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Yup. For me specifically, that one and the Offspring one are the only ones I own that aren't working. Queen lets you buy but not download, and Offspring gives you an error when you try to buy.
Also having issues with the Offspring pack so I guess we'll just have to patiently wait!
If anyone is interested the Chevelle pack is mispriced at $1.99. It was never a part of the sale because it was RB3 dlc.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...k-01/cid=UP8802-BLUS30463_00-RBCHEVELL4605C00
Any other hot price errors?

zulux21

so I did a quick scan but didn't see anything.

any word on if DLC fridays will come back to tell us what DLC is coming up?

Love the countdowns......tells me how much time I have to run to the fridge for a beer!!!!

Thing is.... they need to be higher up and not covering the note highway. I'm looking way ahead at breakneck speed and that gets in the way.

Also: No translucent note highway! That was fixed back in RB3 for crying out loud!

Apparently Lootcrate is streaming some Rock Band 4 in about 15 minutes, and claim to be playing 'the brand new Rock Band DLC'. Rock Band's official Twitter account RT'd it.

So new songs in 15 minutes here, maybe?

Come on...

Van_Halen_album.jpg

Not the band, the specific album.

It was delisted years ago, and while it should be put up on the current-gen systems eventually, few of the delisted tracks are available for RB4 at this time.

I assumed it just wasn't ready, but making sure. Thanks

Still can't figure out this kick pedal shit

Second one won't work under any circumstance

Really annoying

That said, I'm loving the game. I was concerned even up to Monday night that I had moved on from these games and I was being nostalgic about how much fun it was, but it's still a blast. There's some work to be done for sure, but man the game is fun

ViciousDS

Banned
Thing is.... they need to be higher up and not covering the note highway. I'm looking way ahead at breakneck speed and that gets in the way.

Also: No translucent note highway! That was fixed back in RB3 for crying out loud!

To be honest making it translucent with countdown higher up would be perfect....just make that shit see through when you aren't playing anything for the first 55 seconds of baba o reilly

Bought the Band in a Box at Costco for $220...

...cut my hand washing a soup can for dishes and have a gash.

No RB4 tonight other than starting up.

Oh, and the new Xbox One Experience downloaded lol. We will see how that goes. So far so good

This will likely be my last video game purchase for a while with the baby here. I hope I will love it! (Of course I will!)

Kolma

In a similiar boat Skiptastic.

Rock Band is my last game of 2015.
Thankthe stars for Free games from Xbox Live Gold and PS+ as well as my massic back catalog..

Oh yeah.. and Prepurchased Amplitude... WHERE IS THAT HARMONIX!?

In a similiar boat Skiptastic.

Rock Band is my last game of 2015.
Thankthe stars for Free games from Xbox Live Gold and PS+ as well as my massic back catalog..

Oh yeah.. and Prepurchased Amplitude... WHERE IS THAT HARMONIX!?

December for backers, last I heard.

vermadas

My XB1 legacy adapter arrived today. Dusted off my neglected RB3 guitar, tested it out and... ugh, a few of the frets are only working if I put a lot of pressure on them. Maybe the contacts need to be cleaned or something? I haven't tried my drums yet but I'm fairly sure my green pad was exhibiting similar symptoms before the hiatus - i.e. requiring hard hits in the center to register. Anyone have some good guides they can link on fixing problems like these?

DarkOneX

Sorry I don't want to dig through this huge thread but is there a known issue with the 34 preorder songs we were supposed to get from AMazon? I got the code today and it only gave me 10 songs?!?

Kolma

Sorry I don't want to dig through this huge thread but is there a known issue with the 34 preorder songs we were supposed to get from AMazon? I got the code today and it only gave me 10 songs?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmrMMYpQL4

Jane, you're playing a game you never can win, girl
Jane, you're playing for fun but I play for keeps, yes I do

(just going to reply everyone with this that asks because they are too lazy to read even 1 page back)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Finally got to play a couple of songs today! I definitely feel pretty rusty (going to be a long transition from ions to regular drums too).

Also, cool that ps4 is getting their exports up gradually, hopefully xbox one is right around the corner!

Yaari

I never managed to make the jump from Hard to Expert unfortunately. I really want to be able to do it but I'm just not good enough.

I suck at rhythm games but I like them a lot.

Kolma

Finally got to play a couple of songs today! I definitely feel pretty rusty (going to be a long transition from ions to regular drums too).

Also, cool that ps4 is getting their exports up gradually, hopefully xbox one is right around the corner!

Pretty sure we aren't going to get anything till Friday. Similar to when the first chunk of DLC went up in the store.

Error1355

I never managed to make the jump from Hard to Expert unfortunately. I really want to be able to do it but I'm just not good enough.

I'm in the same boat as you. But hey, as long as we're having fun who cares! =P

jf DOOM

I'm a huge rock band guy. It's one of my franchises ever and I have never said a bad word about it...but this on disk sound track is perticularly butt.

If I was playing on XBox wouldn't be a problem for me because I had 300+ songs but on my PS4 I have 21. Still loving the basic game play and will be adding to my collection slowly, I just wish there were some more gems I wasn't familiar with like in the previous 3 games.

Me too. I can't handle anything past hard. I only play easy on pro keys. My guitars aren't reliable enough to go anything past hard either.

RedBoot

Not sure if this is old news now, but I was able to download the Classic Rock Track Pack. It adds each song individually (for the PS4 versions, PS3 is still one pack).

Also found the Doors Free Launch Pack from the RB3 launch. Both of these were on the web store.

Hawk269

Bought the Band in a Box at Costco for $220...

...cut my hand washing a soup can for dishes and have a gash.

No RB4 tonight other than starting up.

Oh, and the new Xbox One Experience downloaded lol. We will see how that goes. So far so good

This will likely be my last video game purchase for a while with the baby here. I hope I will love it! (Of course I will!)

The only issue I had with the NXE and Rock Band is the screen dimming issue. In short, every 15min or so, the screen dims as if there is no input being done. To undim it you have to hit a button or move the analog sticks on the controller. It kind of sucks if you are in the middle of a song and it does this.

The only issue I had with the NXE and Rock Band is the screen dimming issue. In short, every 15min or so, the screen dims as if there is no input being done. To undim it you have to hit a button or move the analog sticks on the controller. It kind of sucks if you are in the middle of a song and it does this.
I put the controller on the floor near by so I can flick the stick with my foot

Knox

Are people able to connect to the in game store? I haven't been able to since I first did it last night, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Hawk269

I put the controller on the floor near by so I can flick the stick with my foot

lmao. Actually pretty clever since you don't want to pause or take your hand off of the guitar. Great idea! I actually decided to opt out of the NXE. I love the new UI, but my game time is limited due to the impending holidays and with Rock Band and a few other new games, I would rather spend any free time playing games instead of reporting bugs/issues. While I have been testing since the start of the testing program, for me it would be more convenient to let others do it so I can spend time gaming.

Eh same here. I can hard guitar stuff, and do hard drums on some (mostly medium though). RB4 has been a mess since I haven't played RB3 in like 3 years.

KaYotiX

Banned
Haven't played RB 3 in 2 years and used to gold star alot on guitar. Going to be interesting to see how my skills held up

Ninhead

...and now my Xbox cannot find my save file.

Kolma

omg...
RB4 finally said Jane was updating
and it failed.
So i deleted it and it deleted a main drag song...

Restarted xbox one (via settings)
and after going to manage they all had that jane file size BUT after hitting install they are indeed saying their own names!
off to check when done

I'm in the same boat as you. But hey, as long as we're having fun who cares! =P

The best way to approach this game.
The time and effort I put into going from Easy to Expert on guitar is one of my favorite gaming experiences and I don't think I could ever replicate it. That said, a game should be fun above all. If you have fun on Hard stick with that. I'd say dip your toe into some low tier Expert songs every now and then. You might surprise yourself

Just spent a while pausing the game to get a nice looking screenshot of my character and learned you can't record or capture this on XB1. Blah.

Kolma

omg...
and it failed.

and after going to manage they all had that jane file size BUT after hitting install they are indeed saying their own names!
off to check when done

I GOT A BUNCH OF SONGS NOW!
and yet...
Staring back at me
GOD DAMN JANE.

was going to count to make sure I got all 30 (31 with free interpol song, 32 if I have Jane free now)
But RB4 decided to update.

*edit 27 songs...
Keeps updating songs too while looking through quickplay.
This is going to take a while..

bounchfx

omg...
and it failed.

off to check when done

how did you get this to work? (if you fixed it)
i tried it earlier and they all had the same file size, and their own names, AND would install, but never show up in the game itself... I also cannot delete any of them, and on the side of the files where it shows uninstalled stuff it shows all the songs that I should have gotten but didn't.

when I try to rebuild song cache, it gets halfway through and then xbox says I need to apply a 3.2mb update, which is basically fixing/installing High Road by Mastodon. It gets to 97% then fails every time.

:(

so basically I still have jane instead of my bonus sons and my mastodon song I bought won't download. Has anyone gotten the bonus songs successfully on xbone?

edit: the 3mb update went through and then it kept rebuilding more.. and it prompted me for a 23mb update... for jane... :| which failed. It just says installation stopped, like the mastodon song. yay.

Top Bottom