• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Went to download 1901 by Phoenix, but it says "purchased," not "free." It's not on my PS4, why can't I download it?

And I'm still salty that I can't download Panic Switch right now.

robotrock

Banned
Just bought and installed Rock Band Blitz. It prompts me to "Download Soundtrack", so I try and download it, and then it tells me "There are no items that you can purchase at this time."

What gives?

Kolma

how did you get this to work? (if you fixed it)
i tried it earlier and they all had the same file size, and their own names, AND would install, but never show up in the game itself... I also cannot delete any of them, and on the side of the files where it shows uninstalled stuff it shows all the songs that I should have gotten but didn't.

when I try to rebuild song cache, it gets halfway through and then xbox says I need to apply a 3.2mb update, which is basically fixing/installing High Road by Mastodon. It gets to 97% then fails every time.

:(

so basically I still have jane instead of my bonus sons and my mastodon song I bought won't download. Has anyone gotten the bonus songs successfully on xbone?

edit: the 3mb update went through and then it kept rebuilding more.. and it prompted me for a 23mb update... for jane... :| which failed. It just says installation stopped, like the mastodon song. yay.

I hit uninstall on the failed jane update then did the restart through the settings menu

nictron

Went to download 1901 by Phoenix, but it says "purchased," not "free." It's not on my PS4, why can't I download it?

And I'm still salty that I can't download Panic Switch right now.

Go to your "download list" through the psn store site. Force the download from there. That's how I had to do it.

zulux21

this game really needs a "this is how freestyle guitar solos work, here practice the parts" thing :/

after watching videos (including one in the OP) still not sure how the spaced line sections work aside from using top and bottom notes depending on color and trying to do them in a given speed, but still can't seem to not break streak with them.

also not sure what the wavey line hold is, perhaps wammy bar.

at least you can still activate star power with a button on rock band 2 guitars.

Kolma

The only broken songs left from the 30 preorder pack is now

Can't Let Go, Don't let me down (Slowly), Get Clean, and Shoulder to the Plow

*edit
Also
Entangled, Less Talk More Rokk and Megasus updated. Don't know what changed for them.

DarkOneX

The only broken songs left from the 30 preorder pack is now

Can't Let Go, Don't let me down (Slowly), Get Clean, and Shoulder to the Plow

*edit
Also
Entangled, Less Talk More Rokk and Megasus updated. Don't know what changed for them.

How are you fixing them? I only have 10 of them from the Amazon pack..

bounchfx

I hit uninstall on the failed jane update then did the restart through the settings menu

ok, i did another rebuild cache.. i also removed a failed one (but not jane), high road also finished successfully, and I queued up the remaining 25 songs.. we'll see if they download. I saw jane nowhere. but it seems like some are loading properly. fingers crossed! Also, megasus has a * next to it.. not sure why. update?

broken song
and Shoulder to the Plow

noooo! I love that one, haha

this game really needs a "this is how freestyle guitar solos work, here practice the parts" thing :/

after watching videos (including one in the OP) still not sure how the spaced line sections work aside from using top and bottom notes depending on color and trying to do them in a given speed, but still can't seem to not break streak with them.

also not sure what the wavey line hold is, perhaps wammy bar.

at least you can still activate star power with a button on rock band 2 guitars.
The game does have that though. With a female voice guiding you, and there's also an advanced tutorial.

zulux21

The game does have that though. With a female voice guiding you, and there's also an advanced tutorial.

where the heck is it hiding? because it's not on the main screen (though I may have missed it) or in the tour mode which is where I first went when playing.

I mean at the very least when I plugged in a guitar for the first time it should have a pop up that says do you want to learn about freestyle guitar parts. as we totally missed it when going to play tour mode today.

beyond that it was sad it wouldn't let me calibrate with an older guitar, it was either via controller or via auto calibrate which the old guitars don't do.

it also wouldn't let me set my wife's profile on the ps4 to the guitar.

GC71388

Who wants to trade me a rock band 2 export key for a green day one? Got one from EA earlier but still haven't been able to get the rb2 one

Kolma

where the heck is it hiding? because it's not on the main screen (though I may have missed it) or in the tour mode which is where I first went when playing.

I mean at the very least when I plugged in a guitar for the first time it should have a pop up that says do you want to learn about freestyle guitar parts. as we totally missed it when going to play tour mode today.

If guitar is the first instrument you start with it forces you into it.
Otherwise on main menu FREESTYLE GUITAR SOLOS pops up if a guitar is connected.

ViciousDS

Banned
Sssssooooo

Gimme chocolate is no fun after 9 beers lol.....at least the solo. I got to comfortable with freestyle solos that I forgot I turned them off. Freestyle solos in a way are a cheat mode due to not being able to fail.

But.....drum set still sucks complete ass.....hoping firmware soon

bounchfx

ok! looks like I got all of the bonus songs except for the ones kolma mentioned. that's a good start! now I'm ready for shoulder and all the exports
and fixed kickpedal firmware

do it harmonix!

zulux21

If guitar is the first instrument you start with it forces you into it.
Otherwise on main menu FREESTYLE GUITAR SOLOS pops up if a guitar is connected.

heh, I started with mic, which explains why I had issues and never say the freestyle guitar stuff.

we plugged in the guitar for the first time tonight, and I don't recall seeing that stuff at all, but we were distracted by trying to get her profile to work.

it's odd that it doesn't trigger it when you add a guitar for the first time later.

to be fair I wasn't expecting to play any guitar for a few more weeks, I was surprised when my wife pulled that out instead of drums, drums will likely be tomorrow though.

Kolma

ok! looks like I got all of the bonus songs except for the ones kolma mentioned. that's a good start! now I'm ready for shoulder and all the exports
and fixed kickpedal firmware

do it harmonix!

I don't think the pedal is a firmware issue.
I'm using my RB2 pedal and I'm not having any issues with it.

Go to your "download list" through the psn store site. Force the download from there. That's how I had to do it.

I've been trying that but it never does anything.

Also, where is my Gay Bar? I paid for it. If I can't play Gay Bar in Rock Band I will be pissed. And sad.

evanmisha

Who wants to trade me a rock band 2 export key for a green day one? Got one from EA earlier but still haven't been able to get the rb2 one

What was it called when you tried using it on PSN? Green Day Rock Band™ Export Pack, or Green Day: Rock Band™ Exportable Offer Entitlement?

The former is the actual export pack while the latter is... I dunno, whatever tf I got. Anyone have any clue what to do?

GC71388

What was it called when you tried using it on PSN? Green Day Rock Band™ Export Pack, or Green Day: Rock Band™ Exportable Offer Entitlement?

The former is the actual export pack while the latter is... I dunno, whatever tf I got. Anyone have any clue what to do?

Haven't tried it yet, mine is for 360 and I'll try it in a few and let you know

xlom3000

Ugggh, it's gonna be such a pain in the ass to redownload the 700 tracks I had previously, I almost wish I had just switched over and gotten the ps4 version and a fresh start...

Unless there's an easy way to redownload old dlc on the xbone version

The time and effort I put into going from Easy to Expert on guitar is one of my favorite gaming experiences and I don't think I could ever replicate it. That said, a game should be fun above all. If you have fun on Hard stick with that. I'd say dip your toe into some low tier Expert songs every now and then. You might surprise yourself

I stick to mostly expert guitar, but drop to hard on quite a few songs just because some songs are either way above my skill level on expert, or my brain simply doesn't work with certain types of songs. Mainly ones with lots of alternating chords. Tonguetied may be low ranked on guitar, but that song kills me even on hard guitar for some reason. Yet I can five star stuff like Freebird or Ozzy songs on expert.

Not sure if already posted:

I just updated the firmware on my drums. I had to completely disconnect and delete it as a controller on my ps4 though. Otherwise, it would fail when trying to put it in Test Mode.

Just a heads up.

Mr.Fusion

The Rocksmith cable plugged into my Audio Technica ATR2100 microphone via XLR to 1/4inch adapter does work in RB4 on Xbox One. It produces a very low volume, though better than in RB3 on 360. If I plug it into the mic's 3.5mm headphone output it sounds great, but there's a lot of lag. I'm going to try the Bandfuse cable once it comes in, since I've read it produces higher volumes.

Kolma

How do I fix my preorder songs? Jane'd. Also I couldn't uninstall the broken songs.

Just uninstall Jane, quit rock band 4, fully restart xbox one (go to settings, power, restart)
Then go to manage rock band 4, scroll all the way to right and hit install all on waiting to install page.

After they all install mess around in quickplay and you should get some update notifications.

Rinse and repeat till you hit a wall and you cant get any more songs fixed.

Then you wait till more are fixed and then repeat steps above.

Just uninstall Jane, quit rock band 4, fully restart xbox one (go to settings, power, restart)
Then go to manage rock band 4, scroll all the way to right and hit install all on waiting to install page.

After they all install mess around in quickplay and you should get some update notifications.

Rinse and repeat till you hit a wall and you cant get any more songs fixed.

Then you wait till more are fixed and then repeat steps above.

What is this Jane everyone is talking about?

Need some help. I purchased Rock Band blitz and the RB1 export from the Playstation app on my phone.

Do I need to actually boot up my PS3 and download Blitz to my PS3 so it will show up on my PS4?

Kolma

Need some help. I purchased Rock Band blitz and the RB1 export from the Playstation app on my phone.

Do I need to actually boot up my PS3 and download Blitz to my PS3 so it will show up on my PS4?

Blitz? yes if you want it now (and boot it up)
RB1? no you just wait.

It's one of the 30 preorder songs and it fucked up all the other songs.

Also thanks I'll try fully shutting off my Xbone.

It's NOT one of the 30 though.
It's part of the 12 preorder DLC for the digital version xD'

RPS37

Do you need to do separate calibration for the drums and guitar?
Has anyone noticed a big difference after updating their drums firmware on XONE?

sonto340

And there kind of no way to control system elements with the guitar on Xbox one so I just can't sign in on my guitar controller.

Wow this is kind of busted.

Rated-G

Has anyone had any issues with the PS4 Stratocaster? All day I've been trying to calibrate and find something that feels good. Every time I calibrate it gets different numbers, and when I play, it feels good for maybe half a song or a full song and then suddenly I'm just missing a bunch of stuff I know I normally can handle just fine. I never had issues like this with Rock Band 1, 2, 3, Beatles, AC/DC, Blitz, or LEGO.

It's absolutely frustrating because I can't tell what's going wrong. It doesn't really feel like a double strumming issue, it kind of feels like it just doesn't register when I'm pressing frets. I get the lighted feedback on the highway, but then when I strum it doesn't seem to count, and I can barely get hammer one and pull offs to work. I'm not the BEST player, but I do generally play Expert, and I've been attempting songs I've previously FC'd or gold starred. I'm passing MAYBE 1 in every 10 songs I attempt. I've only managed to amass a whopping $19 dollars in tour mode, I'm talking failing songs like What's Up and Still Alive.

I haven't updated the firmware on the guitar, neither of my computers are detecting it, so I'm going to try taking it to a friend's house this weekend and trying his computer. Does anyone know if the firmware will address whatever problem I'm having? I wish my Rock Band 2 guitar still worked, it was a dream while it lasted.

Kolma

Has anyone had any issues with the PS4 Stratocaster? All day I've been trying to calibrate and find something that feels good. Every time I calibrate it gets different numbers, and when I play, it feels good for maybe half a song or a full song and then suddenly I'm just missing a bunch of stuff I know I normally can handle just fine. I never had issues like this with Rock Band 1, 2, 3, Beatles, AC/DC, Blitz, or LEGO.

It's absolutely frustrating because I can't tell what's going wrong. It doesn't really feel like a double strumming issue, it kind of feels like it just doesn't register when I'm pressing frets. I get the lighted feedback on the highway, but then when I strum it doesn't seem to count, and I can barely get hammer one and pull offs to work. I'm not the BEST player, but I do generally play Expert, and I've been attempting songs I've previously FC'd or gold starred. I'm passing MAYBE 1 in every 10 songs I attempt. I've only managed to amass a whopping $19 dollars in tour mode, I'm talking failing songs like What's Up and Still Alive.

I haven't updated the firmware on the guitar, neither of my computers are detecting it, so I'm going to try taking it to a friend's house this weekend and trying his computer. Does anyone know if the firmware will address whatever problem I'm having? I wish my Rock Band 2 guitar still worked, it was a dream while it lasted.
My drums and guitar kicks the other off(ps4). I assume I just need to update their firmware?

PS4 instruments have huge disconnection issues till updated.
(according to everyone that has complained about them)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hmm... looks like I signed up for the gamertag all my exports and DLC are attached to under a long-dead e-mail account, an old address and an old card. Apparently this situation is a nightmare to resolve going by what I'm reading.

Top Bottom