• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I think I fucked up getting some of my DLC on PS4.

So I started going through the in game store to look for tracks I previously bought on my PS3. Well, I would find a track, select it, then "buy" it again, but didn't click the download button. So after about doing that for about 10 songs, I realized that they weren't downloading and tried to go back to actually download them. Well now I can't do anything. I click the song and it says there's nothing I can do. I even went on the PSN website to find the songs and I see that they say "Unavailable". When I click on them to see why, it says I already purchased it and gives me no "Download" option. It's also not in my download queue. How the hell do I get those songs? I also sometimes see a "..." where the price should be in the Rock Band 4 in game store for some songs. What does that mean?

DJ_Lae

Man, the DLC is a mess. I seem to be able to grab most of it, though, even if it initially shows up as not purchased.

Also, so far I really, really do not care for the new solos so far. Chewed through some of my DLC including Boston, and it feels and sounds so wrong.

evanmisha

So I started going through the in game store to look for tracks I previously bought on my PS3. Well, I would find a track, select it, then "buy" it again, but didn't click the download button. So after about doing that for about 10 songs, I realized that they weren't downloading and tried to go back to actually download them. Well now I can't do anything. I click the song and it says there's nothing I can do. I even went on the PSN website to find the songs and I see that they say "Unavailable". When I click on them to see why, it says I already purchased it and gives me no "Download" option. It's also not in my download queue. How the hell do I get those songs? I also sometimes see a "..." where the price should be in the Rock Band 4 in game store for some songs. What does that mean?

The ... means the song hasn't uploaded yet and will be fixed soon.
The former issue is likely caused when you bought a pack. You need to download the pack itself and not the singles.

evanmisha

Most of my DLC doesn't show up as free for me on PS4 yet. I'm sure it will. Slowly but surely.

Is most of your DLC tied up in track pack exports and songs that were later upgraded to RB3 versions? Because those are pretty much the only ones that should still be having that issue.

Is most of your DLC tied up in track pack exports and songs that were later upgraded to RB3 versions? Because those are pretty much the only ones that should still be having that issue.

Now that you mention it, I think so. I'm going through the in game music store right now and currently I can't get any Green day stuff but I exported that and didn't buy it separately from the store. Guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer for most of this stuff. No worries.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The ... means the song hasn't uploaded yet and will be fixed soon.
The former issue is likely caused when you bought a pack. You need to download the pack itself and not the singles.
Thanks. I guess that makes sense now that I look at it. I've finally sorted out a ton of my songs in a spreadsheet so I can see what ones are from what game.

These 30 preorder songs are infuriating, they all say 24.5 MB and I absolutely do not want to go through the process of (un)installing them again if they don't work again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, I'm having a blast just playing my DLC. But I really hope Harmonix adds online play soon. I'd love to play with my friends. ;(

whitelighter89

Neo Member
Man, the DLC is a mess. I seem to be able to grab most of it, though, even if it initially shows up as not purchased.

Also, so far I really, really do not care for the new solos so far. Chewed through some of my DLC including Boston, and it feels and sounds so wrong.

Totally agree on the solos. But you can disable them and go back to the original way in settings.

ElNarez

Banned
I'll say this: Get Ready 2 Rokk with the freestyle solos is one of those moments when Rock Band 4 just clicks. If you can, try it. It's just a blast.

bounchfx

Totally agree on the solos. But you can disable them and go back to the original way in settings.

except it keeps re-enabling itself every time I play :(
I wish there was a permanent toggle. both drum fills and freestyle solos I have no interest in, but they keep finding their way back on no matter how many times I disable them

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is there any way to set up a default profile? Every time boot up the game and play, I always gotta select my PSN name when I'm playing guitar.

whitelighter89

Neo Member
Am I seriously an idiot but I can't figure out how to export the tracks from RockBand Blitz to RB4... I bought it originally when it came out. Any help would be appreciated.

Silav101

Is it me or does this game only output 2.0 stereo?

I checked tge harmonix forums, and it appears there is no goddamn surround sound option. This is friggin' tragic for a music game :(

ElNarez

Banned
Am I seriously an idiot but I can't figure out how to export the tracks from RockBand Blitz to RB4... I bought it originally when it came out. Any help would be appreciated.

The export's gonna pop up at some point in the near future probably (or even later if you're in Europe because apparently no one at Sony or Microsoft gives a shit). Because as good as the core experience is, Rock Band 4's launch has been a goddamn trash fire.

whitelighter89

Neo Member
The export's gonna pop up at some point in the near future probably (or even later if you're in Europe because apparently no one at Sony or Microsoft gives a shit). Because as good as the core experience is, Rock Band 4's launch has been a goddamn trash fire.

I went and bought new songs from the Rock Band 4 store and they won't download as it tells me they're for PS3 only....getting seriously pissed at this point.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but there have been some additions to the legacy DLC in Europe. Still don't even have 20% of my old songs, but we're getting there...

Forsythia

There are still 4 songs that download like "Jane" on Xbox One, ugh. I'm never playing that song, haven't even heard it, but I already hate it.

CloudWolf

Because as good as the core experience is, Rock Band 4's launch has been a goddamn trash fire.
In Europe, this was the case with every Rock Band release, so for me this is nothing new. I still remember having to wait a full year longer than you guys for Rock Band 1 and then when it released, it was exclusively released in four countries so I had to import it from England. Those were the dark days.

Looking at some old Rock Band 2 and 3 vids makes me wish I could turn off all the highway effects in this game. In particular the energy effect on the gems and the highway 'bumping' itself when you get one of those purple event goal things.

Things like rolls become incredibly hard to read when all the visual effects are going off.

Managed to find a BIAB bundle yesterday. Game is pretty barebones but still a blast to play. Just need to download my near 1000 songs and I'll be good to go. That'll be fun.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
They're slowly updating the EU/UK/AUS PSN Store. Still no packs or albums though.
Is it still going on? Maybe I can download some more of my songs when I come home tonight (and actually have the game...).

I needs my Kickstart my Heart!

In the Playstation OS, try going to the game and scroll down to 'related content', and there at least I could find songs i purchased but did not initiate download. Weird system really.

Bauer91

Is it still going on? Maybe I can download some more of my songs when I come home tonight (and actually have the game...).

I needs my Kickstart my Heart!

Not right now but they said they'd have 100s of songs up in the coming days.There are 295 RB1/2 singles up now. That song's not up yet.

In Europe, this was the case with every Rock Band release, so for me this is nothing new. I still remember having to wait a full year longer than you guys for Rock Band 1 and then when it released, it was exclusively released in four countries so I had to import it from England. Those were the dark days.

Speaking of RB1, I really wonder what they'll do with the EU exclusive tracks in the import, I'm expecting the worst and was considering buying a couple of my favourites just in case but I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait it out.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a pic from home :)
img_20151008_120824vpxi4.jpg

Apparently Amazon ran out of cardboard boxes...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Depends where are you located? As I know buying from Amazon france for example they are not allowed ship big electronics in brown boxes.
Austria, so yeah, that might be it. Didn't know about that.

If you purchase songs that you bought in a pack do they actually register as free when you pay because it says it will cost £0.69?

Pretty sure the Twitter said if you press all the way through they will be free but I don't really wanna waste my 69p.

xzeldax3

Was Rock n Roll Star by Oasis pulled?

I bought it the other day once I saw it in the current XB1 store and reports of it playing in Rock Band 4. But when I went to download it, the song was gone.

If you purchase songs that you bought in a pack do they actually register as free when you pay because it says it will cost £0.69?

Pretty sure the Twitter said if you press all the way through they will be free but I don't really wanna waste my 69p.
For me, the individual songs will appear as free if you bought a pack but packs themselves won't.

Bauer91

I'm pretty sure that's for Xbox One and won't work on UK PSN.

Is it me or does this game only output 2.0 stereo?

I checked tge harmonix forums, and it appears there is no goddamn surround sound option. This is friggin' tragic for a music game :(

It is :( My 5.1 system is busted right now and I couldn't noticed that until I saw the comments in Harmonix forums.

I'm going to miss the audience chanting behind my back. I hope they patch it and add that feature in the future.

Delryk

No online multiplayer? How are they not getting crucified for this? That's a deal breaker.

They already said it may be a later update sales are good.

Where's the link on their site for the wishlist on features BTW? Never found it... unless you have to register to forums and post?

Dibils2k

No online multiplayer? How are they not getting crucified for this? That's a deal breaker.

because we found out ages ago, they said they will add it if the game does well, but with the resources they had it just wasnt realistic to apply it

Top Bottom