• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Also am I being weird that I want to wait until I can get the exports in my game to actually sit down and play the game more? I feel weird playing without everything I own in the game...

I'm doing the same. I'll let this game collect dust until it's patched to satisfaction, just like I had to wait for Halo MCC, although this isn't nearly as catastrophic!

My wife has been wanting to try the new microphone too, which obviously isn't even available yet.

espher

I'm waiting to download my legacy DLC until I get through the in-game setlist + new DLC.

I want my entire library but I want to savour the new stuff first.

I did this last night by using the optical out on my TV, plugging that into an optical to RCA converter, and then routing that into an RCA to 3.5 mm jack so I can mix it with the rest of my PC audio. There's a lot to it but it's worked with everything I've tried it with. Also use most of that for my speaker set up as well.

Just realized you said easy. Well...

Lol. Thanks anyway.

Right now I plan on playing the game with the wife, but I'm not going to be having any Rock Band parties at the house with friends until I can get more of my catalogue.

I'm sitting at 350ish songs right now, but I'm missing RB1, RB2, RB3 (which I realize is the least likely to be fixed soon), LegoRB, AC/DC pack, and the first Country pack.

That should be another 200+ songs right there.

ViciousDS

Banned
Sorry I know it's been mentioned before but I can't see it -

I'm updating the firmware on my XB1 drums, but it instantly says updated as soon as I click 'next' after putting it into firmware mode. It seems to do it so quick it's hard to believe it's actually doing anything. Is this right?

on break

but yes....mine does the same thing.....I've never seen firmware instantly install on any device.

I couldn't tell you if the drums are better after or not because I didn't even use the set before updating them.

Gorger

Then you find out only 2% of people played RB online, so it's no wonder that they were all expert players. Me, I don't want to work that hard to have fun. Hard guitar is what I play mostly.

2 % sounds like such a ridiculous low number and doesn't mesh with my experience at all after 5-6 years of playing Rock Band online. I have personally met hundreds if not thousands of people online, and maxed my friend list with Rock Band players years ago before Sony raised the cap. Online has always been active, and the players unusually dedicated and loyal compared to other games with online. It's not uncommon seeing friends I've added years ago still playing RB3. Most of my PSN whispers are from RB3 invites. Overall it's one of the best online communities I've been part of. It's sad we're not bringing this feature to the next generation. I really hope they'll add it soon.

So out of curiosity, what did everyone here name their band in the game?

The wife and I went for something new.

In RB1/2/3 we called ourselves the "Super Happy Fun-Time Band"

But I guess we outgrew it. We both had some pretty rough landmark birthdays this year, so we decided to go with "Pre-Midlyfe Crisis"

Yes we intentionally put the y in there as if we're trying to hang on to being young cool and hip.

But I guess we outgrew it. We both had some pretty rough landmark birthdays this year, so we decided to go with "Pre-Midlyfe Crisis"

Yes we intentionally put the y in there as if we're trying to hang on to being young cool and hip.
My wife and I have always had the band "Saturn's Rings of Love"

Megatron

Also am I being weird that I want to wait until I can get the exports in my game to actually sit down and play the game more? I feel weird playing without everything I own in the game...

I think it's a little weird. You bought a new game with 60-90ish new songs. Why not play those and learn them a bit before bringing back the stuff you already know you like?

MrNelson

Banned

I've been Ready at Dusk since RB1.

And thank you for reminding me that I can't play Midlife Crisis now :/

FaintDeftone

I just ordered the Xbox One legacy adapter bundle on Amazon. My goal was to wait for Best Buy to get it in so I could use the GCU discount but now the bundle is delayed again until next week. I just paid full price + extra to have it overnight shipped to me so I can play it this weekend. *sigh*

2 % sounds like such a ridiculous low number and doesn't mesh with my experience at all after 5-6 years of playing Rock Band online. I have personally met hundreds if not thousands of people online, and maxed my friend list with Rock Band players years ago before Sony raised the cap.

Well let's say RB3 sold around a million units. 2% of that is still 20,000.

Band has been Faceless Agøny since RB1 days. Sadly our logo is non-existent

My band was Sex Bob-omb in RB3, but now that I'm married and playing with my wife (who's completely obsessed with RB4), we went for an in-joke and called ourselves Presh.

We're loving the game so far. I played Rock Band with friends all the time, but that was always just Quickplay. This is my first time playing through the tour in multiplayer, and I have zero complaints. I'd probably be more critical of missing features if I were doing it all by myself, but local multiplayer smooths over all of that. I'm also surprised by how much more I like the on-disc songs than I thought.

Crateman

Does the new drumset allows for double bass pedal configurations? I Rocked a OG Rockband drumset for the past generation and I always wanted to try a double bass pedal configuration.

bigkurz

Banned
Is there a way to turn off the microphone echo? I found it really distracting when I was playing with my fiancée last night. I took a quick look through the options and didn't see anything, but I'm hoping I just missed it.

BuddyL33

Neo Member
My Band name has been "Lemonjello" since the days of RB1.

With that said, until I can use my Ion kit with this game it's really just another Guitar Hero and I won't pick it up until the Ion kit works. Makes me sad too because I've been waiting for this title for a long time.

ElNino

Does anyone else's drum pedal seem poor quality? It sounds like something from the aluminum is loose or something, but the screws are tight.

My RB1 drum pedals (carbon fiber reinforced) still work fine though so I'll probably just use it instead.

Edit: Also, my band name has always been The F-Bombs. Will probably keep it the same even though my kids will be playing as well. I'm sure my 9 year old will think it is funny, my wife maybe not so much.

For Rock Band 3 I went with something different: Olivia and the Observers.

But for RB 2 and now RB 4, I am calling my band Bassai Dai.

I am hoping we get some more outlandish guitars in the game soon, because I need to make Lord Humungus again and give him a brutal instrument.

Coketruck

My game and guitar combo (Xbox One) should be arriving today, so I'm psyched to get home and play after work.

Question (I searched the thread and didn't see this answered, so I apologize if I missed it): A couple of days ago, I bought some new songs via Xbox Live's website for $1.00 each and selected the "Download to Xbox 360" option. In order to get those songs into RB4, do I have to first download them onto my old 360, or I can I download them directly onto my XB1 via the Manage Game menu?

Well I got a code from EA support for the PS3 exports!

But its for Europe, according to the rep. I only tried putting it in the web store, so should I try to hunt down a copy of Rock Band 3 and put the code in there and hope for the best?

Edag88

Banned
So I'm a little confused, maybe someone smarter can help me with this one.

So I'm still using my RB1 drums (amazingly, they're still solid as a rock), and a pair of Guitar Hero ps3 guitars. Because none of them have a PS Button on them, I always have to sign into the game as the singer and the other instruments always have to just be guests, am I wrong about this?

So the band leader when I create my band always has to be the singer and can never be me on drums? I'm mostly a drummer so wanted to be able to control all the band stuff from the drums. It doesn't like controlling things without being signed in, which I can't do without a PS Button.

Am I overlooking something?

MrNelson

Banned
So I'm a little confused, maybe someone smarter can help me with this one.

So I'm still using my RB1 drums (amazingly, they're still solid as a rock), and a pair of Guitar Hero ps3 guitars. Because none of them have a PS Button on them, I always have to sign into the game as the singer and the other instruments always have to just be guests, am I wrong about this?

So the band leader when I create my band always has to be the singer and can never be me on drums? I'm mostly a drummer so wanted to be able to control all the band stuff from the drums. It doesn't like controlling things without being signed in, which I can't do without a PS Button.

Am I overlooking something?
When you connect your instrument, have your singer drop out, then join I'm as whichever instrument you want to use. Then just hit start, hit change profile, and select your ID.

Edag88

Banned
When you connect your instrument, have your singer drop out, then join I'm as whichever instrument you want to use. Then just hit start, hit change profile, and select your ID.

Got it. Thanks. I figure that makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of just trying something like that.

Is the tour mode supposed to have mostly on disc stuff? Whenever it's a choose your own set list it seems that way but voting let's me pick DLC. Kind of lame if that's the case.

Some of these fucking ridiculous solos and no practice mode. Nothing more fun than failing right at the end because you don't know what the hell is coming or how to even read it.

This is seriously annoying.

Yaari

Well I got a code from EA support for the PS3 exports!

But its for Europe, according to the rep. I only tried putting it in the web store, so should I try to hunt down a copy of Rock Band 3 and put the code in there and hope for the best?

I am pretty sure I've seen reports of people that tried and failed. You'd probably be wasting money.

If the webstore doesnt recognize it on your US account then the game most likely wont either.

I am pretty sure I've seen reports of people that tried and failed. You'd probably be wasting money.

If the webstore doesnt recognize it on your US account then the game most likely wont either.

Yeah makes sense. If anyone wants a Europe PS3 export code, shoot me a PM.

Some of these fucking ridiculous solos and no practice mode. Nothing more fun than failing right at the end because you don't know what the hell is coming or how to even read it.

This is seriously annoying.

I thought the solo tutorial did a good job of explaining how to read the different parts of the solo section.

jond76

Banned
My band name is Superknife.

I once was at a bus station in Barstow, CA and there had a big case of knives. One box said Superknife and it struck me as funny. I think I even convinced my friend to buy one. I later sang some original songs poking fun at some army leadership using Superknife as the band name. Stuck with it since.

Yaari

Amazon.de hooked me up with the pre-order code. I had my order with them but they werent able to deliver it to me. So I asked for the code since I had the pre-order and intended to buy from them.

I since cancelled and bought from GAME UK but it's still cool that they helped me.

I'm talking about regular solos. I'm done with Halls of Valhalla I guess because I can't read shit in the intro so clearly my score isn't going to improve.
This is why I switched to using Hyperspeed in Guitar Hero II onwards, a towel in Rock Band and Breakneck Speed in RB2 onwards. It's faster by far, but the extra spacing really helps with note clarity.

Unless you already have BNS turned on. In which case my bad. I do agree about the loss of practice mode though. Sometimes I like just playing guitar solos.

KaYotiX

Banned
Wow am I rusty..... 4 starring expert songs I used to gold in my sleep.

Glad the challenge is back though, nothing better than gradually getting better and getting gold stars.

Also love that it shows ur gold star progress.

Ninhead

1-3 I was "The Tobias Funke Experience". Haven't started a band in 4 yet. Feel like changing it up.

Also, "I Am Electric" makes me want "Brianstorm" so much more.

So, is anyone else getting huge frame stutters almost every 5 seconds on the dot while playing the Xbox One version? Perhaps I will try to upload a video tonight, but it almost feels like the game is going from a solid 60fps for 5 seconds, then going over 60fps for 5 seconds, and my TV can't handle it, so it stutters? It doesn't feel like a performance issues since it occurs so consistently. It looks pretty terrible though.

I'm still having a good time with the game, I can still play, but this makes the game feels incredibly cheap. I assume it's just a bug, perhaps only with certain display types, but please fix this asap Harmonix!

Top Bottom