• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Deadstar

Some of this stuff sounds like such a mess. I wish Rock Band 3 would have been the platform they said it would be with all your songs moving forward in an easy way. Harmonix really needs an account system separate from xbox or playstation so that all your songs follow you forever.

Some of this stuff sounds like such a mess. I wish Rock Band 3 would have been the platform they said it would be with all your songs moving forward in an easy way. Harmonix really needs an account system separate from xbox or playstation so that all your songs follow you forever.

They never said it would be that and I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. How are they going to "move your songs forward in an easy way" without making a new game?

The "separate account!" solution has been brought up a million times and shot down just as many because good luck convincing Sony and Microsoft to hand out free product keys for you because you bought something on their competitor's service.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so this is what I'm seeing happen a lot for songs I'm trying to re-download

I'm looking to re-get Strutter from KISS. Note how it says "Purchased"

VwWvSMX.png

I click the song and then see this...

1PKmEdq.png

I click the Download button and get this...

xy58wuW.png

I then click the download button for the PS4 version, but nothing happens. The box goes away, but then the page just sits there. My mouse cursor is in the "loading" animation forever and I can't click anything else on the page. I've left it for quite a while and still nothing happens. I've checked my PS4 and the song is not downloaded either. Is this just launch week issues or is the store messed up?

Ashilyn

So out of curiosity, what did everyone here name their band in the game?

I don't remember my RB2 band, but RB3 was MadMus (It was supposed to be Mad Muse, but for some reason RB3 always told me that name was too vulgar o_O). For RB4, I went with the rad band name me and my roommate came up with a few months ago - "Fake Names for Royalty"

Just dug into the game, loving it so far. Tried guitar first and got huge numbers for calibration delays. Played fine, but felt a little off. I then recalibrated using drums and got delays that were basically halved. All is well now.

I'm gonna hold off on the DLC for now, I have about 1,100 songs to download and it seems like a mess so I'll wait until it gets sorted out.

My biggest wishes for the RB platform going forward:

-bring back RB3 sorting and filtering options. I feel if they're going to makes is a platform, this should be a priority since people are going to have massive libraries. I do like how quick it is to navigate right now, and love the look of it.

-give us detailed (and individualized) score breakdowns like RB3 had.

-let us auto sign-in a profile (I'm on PS4 and I have to sign in to my main profile every time I start, is there a way around this?)

Deadstar

Just dug into the game, loving it so far. Tried guitar first and got huge numbers for calibration delays. Played fine, but felt a little off. I then recalibrated using drums and got delays that were basically halved. All is well now.

I'm gonna hold off on the DLC for now, I have about 1,100 songs to download and it seems like a mess so I'll wait until it gets sorted out.

My biggest wishes for the RB platform going forward:

-bring back RB3 sorting and filtering options. I feel if they're going to makes is a platform, this should be a priority since people are going to have massive libraries. I do like how quick it is to navigate right now, and love the look of it.

-give us detailed (and individualized) score breakdowns like RB3 had.

-let us auto sign-in a profile (I'm on PS4 and I have to sign in to my main profile every time I start, is there a way around this?)

There is no filtering option anymore?

So, given the store on Xbox One a couple days to refresh and fill out and my missing stuff is down to about half what it used to be, progress! Here's the stuff that I still can't get yet though...

DISCONTINUED, BUT CAN'T YET RE-DOWNLOAD WHEN OWNED

All Spinal Tap Tracks
Locksley Pack
Electric Six Pack
Blood Sugar Sex Magic Album
Snoop's Upside Ya Head - Snoop Dogg
Don’t Stop - Fleetwood Mac
World Turning - Fleetwood Mac
They Say - Scars On Broadway
Toxicity - System of a Down
B.Y.O.B - System of a Down
Fake Friends - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine - Pt 1 - James Brown
Panic Switch - Silversun Pickups
Sort Of - Silversun Pickups
Dreaming Of Love - Lights Resolve
Ride The Lightning - Metallica
Justice For All - Metallica
Pick Me Up - Dinosaur Jr
The Wagon - Dinosaur Jr
Don't Stop Believing - Journey

STILL AVAILABLE & PREVIOUSLY BOUGHT. BUT CAN'T RE-DOWNLOAD FOR FREE

Shining Star - Earth Wind Fire
Little Ling - Jimi Hendrix
Diary Of A Madman - Ozzy Osbourne
Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne
Mr. Crowley - Ozzy Osbourne
Over The Mountain - Ozzy Osbourne
Steal Away (The Night) - Ozzy Osbourne
I Don't Know - Ozzy Osbourne
Stash - Phish
2112: Discovery, Presentation - Rush
2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale - Rush
2112: Overture, The Temples Of Syrinx - Rush

opoth

Banned
So, given the store on Xbox One a couple days to refresh and fill out and my missing stuff is down to about half what it used to be, progress! Here's the stuff that I still can't get yet though...

STILL AVAILABLE & PREVIOUSLY BOUGHT. BUT CAN'T RE-DOWNLOAD FOR FREE

Shining Star - Earth Wind Fire
Little Ling - Jimi Hendrix
Diary Of A Madman - Ozzy Osbourne
Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne
Mr. Crowley - Ozzy Osbourne
Over The Mountain - Ozzy Osbourne
Steal Away (The Night) - Ozzy Osbourne
I Don't Know - Ozzy Osbourne
Stash - Phish
2112: Discovery, Presentation - Rush
2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale - Rush
2112: Overture, The Temples Of Syrinx - Rush

There's definitely funkiness with the Ozzy songs and 2112 because of how they were sold in packs. (I think I remember Ozzy had a couple extra songs that were only attainable if you bought the full pack) it's the same situation with The Doors - it seems like its broken because it was sold in multiple pack configurations when RB3 launched ie. if you "bought" the free part of the pack, and then bought the pack that contained the rest of the songs, you're being asked to pay again, but if you skipped that whole process and purchased the greatest hits as one big pack later on, you're in good shape - only the "complete" pack entitlement has made it over to RB4 so far, the 2 partials have not.

Little Wing, Shining Star and Stash are part of the small handful of tracks that are broken that don't have some kind of dependency on an export, track pack, or preorder pack that no longer exists in the store.

bounchfx

DISCONTINUED, BUT CAN'T YET RE-DOWNLOAD WHEN OWNED

I was able to get Ride the Lightning. Try again! I hope it works for you.

ViciousDS

Banned
Harmonix says that a firmware update to fix the drum pad and kick issues will be rolled out in the near future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/3nxqpg/theory_about_rock_band_4_drum_problems/cvstyne

That's great but the part where he talks about heel up players should be using old pedals......that's not a fix, because it means you can't use the pedal to your style out of the box. This means they need to sell two versions of the pedal to satisfy everyone. I'll hold judgement until the new firmware.

I will also be trying a new magnet tonight to see what happens.

Silav101

huh.....I check my surround and it says DTS or DD depending on what I select in the systems audio menu.

I have crowds behind me still as well....no issues.

Xbox One btw

PS4 but it doesn't matter which platform, i think? It is outputting 2.0 stereo, your sound system is most likely just mirroring the front spaker output to the rear speakers?

Old Rb games had a separate surround sound option that outputted the following mix to 5.1 systems:

Guitar/bass: front R/L speakers
Vocals: center speaker
Drums: front R/L speakers, subwoofer for kickpedal
Crowd effects: rear speakers

AFAICT, none of this happening, either in bitstream dolby/dts or linear pcm. And the option for surround sound isn't there. W.t.fuck.

ViciousDS

Banned
Rb4 pedal.....thrown to the side....fixed my kick issue outside the firmware double kick....made it through kings and queens despite only 4* it.....I normally gold it. However this makes me want to know how they intend to sell the classic pedal because I can't use the Rb4 one. Hooked up the Rb2 one and was able to keep the pedal half way down without registering just like a real fucking kick pedal.

All that I need is that roll update because the drums are pretty bad still on rolls

PS4 but it doesn't matter which platform, i think? It is outputting 2.0 stereo, your sound system is most likely just mirroring the front spaker output to the rear speakers?

Old Rb games had a separate surround sound option that outputted the following mix to 5.1 systems:

Guitar/bass: front R/L speakers
Vocals: center speaker
Drums: front R/L speakers, subwoofer for kickpedal
Crowd effects: rear speakers

AFAICT, none of this happening, either in bitstream dolby/dts or linear pcm. And the option for surround sound isn't there. W.t.fuck.
All audio this gen has audio setup through the OS.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Good to know they've acknowledged the drum issue.

My major concern is no matter if I auto calibrate or calibrate manually, i'm getting different numbers and no matter what it just feels off, or the timing window is more strict, i'm not sure.

Good to know they've acknowledged the drum issue.

My major concern is no matter if I auto calibrate or calibrate manually, i'm getting different numbers and no matter what it just feels off, or the timing window is more strict, i'm not sure.

Time to do it the old-fashioned way it seems! Testing and inputting numbers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZdZX9f_-U

Handy guide, had to do it myself for RB4. It's almost spot on now.

rocK`

Banned
GOOD LUCK.......you will be buying the game along with that guitar....because they are not sold separately.

ugh.

on another note.

SOMEONE. Please tell me. It is possible to play RHCP's Dani California on RB4.

I looked on the store and only saw every other RHCP song but that one.

It was on RB1 IIRC.

ugh.

on another note.

SOMEONE. Please tell me. It is possible to play RHCP's Dani California on RB4.

I looked on the store and only saw every other RHCP song but that one.

It was on RB1 IIRC.

Dani California will be playable when the RB1 export is made available. Some time in the near future.

Have they made any mention of looking into bringing back the Keyboard compatibility?

Well the filesizes for songs are the same size, if not sometimes even bigger than they were in RB3. So keys functionality still being in all the DLC is a possibility, although a slim one by the looks of it. Harmonix has been fairly firm when it comes to denying keyboard compatibility.

Top Bottom