• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone just get a patch for the game? It wasn't a song patch but a legit 28mb patch

Edit: it's failing to install and now it shows a song name I have no idea what just happened

Woffls

What if I have US Rock Band 2 with a 16 digit code on my manual, would I be able to purchase Rock Band 3 and use that? If so I've been wasting my time the past 2 days trying to get one from EA support lul
My understanding is that there's two codes involved, and that the 16 digit code in the US manual is not valid for export, hence the contact with EA to generate a valid import code.

It might be the case that people are contacting EA for manual codes, in which case I've misinterpreted a significant part of this process :p

jadedm17

So how am I suppose to know what songs I can play right this minute? I've purchased 2 songs so far that don't seem compatible with RB4 yet. Why are they letting purchase things we can't access yet? Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: seems like the poster above and I are having the same problem, hah.

Hah, what, is that why 8 of the 15 songs I bought work? Damn, this is nuts right now.

Woffls

Just following up on this post from the previous page; the download worked and my RB2 songs are now in my RB3 library. I think 88 were imported but it's only showing 70 in the list for some reason. Hope this process works for others, but I think it's EU only so I'll post again tomorrow when they've all woken up.

If you have a 25 digit Xbox code in your RB2 manual, the first 16 digits might be the Rock Band 3 import code.

I have my copy of Rock Band 2 here with the manual and a 25 digit EU code. It was new when I purchased it, and the code was never redeemed. I tried entering it into the 'Get More Songs' -> 'Redeem Code' section, and there wasn't enough space in the box so I gave up.

Later, on a whim, I tried the code again until the box was full and just hit enter out of annoyance... and for some reason the code was accepted. I'm downloading the 1.93GB export file now, and have been billed £6.75 on Xbox Live. I assume it will work.

Yaari

Really hope tomorrows DLC announcement (if any, just speculation) won't be the pre-order DLC. That would be boring.

Cathcart

What if I have US Rock Band 2 with a 16 digit code on my manual, would I be able to purchase Rock Band 3 and use that? If so I've been wasting my time the past 2 days trying to get one from EA support lul

Worked for me, just did it over the weekend. No call to EA required, songs show up in RB3 and I have the export key in my purchase history. Good to go.

MrNelson

Banned
So how am I suppose to know what songs I can play right this minute? I've purchased 2 songs so far that don't seem compatible with RB4 yet. Why are they letting purchase things we can't access yet? Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: seems like the poster above and I are having the same problem, hah.

Anyone have any idea why only half of my songs I just bought show up? I've tried "Rebuild Song Cache" under options and it only finds 8 songs while my PSN account history - and empty wallet - shows I bought 7 other songs that won't show up.

Even more annoying is only 3 songs ever showed up themselves after downloading, I found 5 more under "My Add-Ons" on the PS4 homepage.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Power cycle your systems. This happened to me yesterday, and once I turned of my PS4 all the way and restarted it the game detected my new songs.

DarkOneX

Worked for me, just did it over the weekend. No call to EA required, songs show up in RB3 and I have the export key in my purchase history. Good to go.

Well shit maybe I should try it, really wish I just had a place to rent the game from somewhere but we only have 1 rental place here and they only have RB1 and Country Pack. Guess I could snag the $20 digital one and hope it works :s

zulux21

who ever did the vocal stuff on rob zombie's dragula failed so damn hard.

there is a part near the start that has vocals that wasn't charted, that one wasn't a big deal...

but there are two times in the song where they put you on an extended break when "do it baby, do it baby" is sung clearly, and the second time it came up my freaken singer was evening singing those words even though it wasn't on my screen to sing @___________@

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Waiting for

Smooth Crimnial _ Alien ant farm (not on there at app
Queen pack 1 (shows up but content is not available)

Kolma

Just noticed I was missing 3 Fall Out Boy tracks...
Curious how many others I'm missing.
Guess I gotta go through everything AGAIN.

So I don't have the game but I was browsing the dlc and noticed some marked "unavailable" because I don't own Rock Band 3. I sure do!

How will the game know I own them all?

Well, I've spent a couple hours of my life on it, but I seem to have finally downloaded almost all of my available legacy DLC tracks with few exceptions. A half dozen trips through the entire song list in the store and trying to remember what the hell my password was to my old PSN account isn't much of a price to pay, all things considered.

I'm aware of most of the issues thanks to constantly reading this thread, but I'm not sure if it's common for a few Queen songs from the original pack to appear as "free" while the rest are priced (I verified that I bought the entire pack).

That, and the Rock Band Blitz download/export doesn't seem to be synching to my PS4 PSN. I searched a few of the songs and they still have a price, and refreshing the store/logging out/resetting my system hasn't helped.

Oh well. I've got enough to play around with. If anyone noticed anything I might have done wrong in those two situations above, I'd appreciate some advice, even if it's confirming I have to just wait it out.

MajorMane

Picked something rock for the setlist and was blessed with "Surfing with the Alien".... I must say, freestyle solos are growing on me.

robotrock

Banned
Did anyone buy Rock Band Blitz within the last two days and got the soundtrack to download in Rock Band Blitz? I've emailed Harmonix about it but I wonder if they accidentally just removed it from the store or something

jyoung188

Sorry, I haven't been following this game closely but I have picked it up digitally on Xbone and just got my legacy instrument adapter in and started playing tonight.

I have played every single Rock Band game on the 360 and payed for the import from RB1 to RB2 and from RB2 to RB3 so am I all good for those songs showing up in RB4 on the XB1?

Holy shit it's tedious going through the store and downloading all the songs I've bought, and the character creator is lame as hell.

But expert drums are still fun although I'm crazy rusty at them lol.

edit: and on Xbone can anyone else browse albums or track packs? I just get a blank selection screen.

Kolma

Sorry, I haven't been following this game closely but I have picked it up digitally on Xbone and just got my legacy instrument adapter in and started playing tonight.

I have played every single Rock Band game on the 360 and payed for the import from RB1 to RB2 and from RB2 to RB3 so am I all good for those songs showing up in RB4 on the XB1?

Holy shit it's tedious going through the store and downloading all the songs I've bought, and the character creator is lame as hell.

But expert drums are still fun although I'm crazy rusty at them lol.

edit: and on Xbone can anyone else browse albums or track packs? I just get a blank selection screen.

Congrats on your Rock Band Early Access purchase.
Expect things to be broken.
No exports out on Xbox One, album and packs broken in store. you can buy more customization stuff in career mode.

Have fun redownloading everything...

.hacked

no longer have a PS3, any chance of some discount track packs? Would cost me close to $800 to buy all songs on my wish list :(

Kolma

a delisted song I own
Dreaming of Love - Lights Resolve
popped up in the store.. but only if I find it through recommended
Won't let me grab it either (blinking 3 dots instead of price)

GamerJM

Banned
Gonna be getting the game tomorrow, summary of issues? Do I need my 360 to export? Btw I have 1, 2, LEGO, and Blitz all exported to RB3 already.

You can buy Blitz on the PS3, launch it, download the soundtrack, and the songs will work in RB4 on PS4. Individually, not as a pack. All 25 songs. Dunno what that dude is talking about.

Actually just tried this and it didn't let me download the soudntrack, like the previous person said.

What gives? Did I just waste $15?

Did anyone buy Rock Band Blitz within the last two days and got the soundtrack to download in Rock Band Blitz? I've emailed Harmonix about it but I wonder if they accidentally just removed it from the store or something

Just bought as said above and it's not working :(

Congrats on your Rock Band Early Access purchase.
Expect things to be broken.
No exports out on Xbox One, album and packs broken in store. you can buy more customization stuff in career mode.

Have fun redownloading everything...
Gonna wait a bit to buy, then. Thanks for the heads up

Kolma

Can't Let Go and Don't Let Me down (Slowly)
Are finally working!
All 30 preorder tracks are good to go! woo!
Also Get ready 2 Rokk just updated.

Top Bottom