• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

ViciousDS

Banned
Did I screw up by opting in beta for NXE? My Xbox won't recognize the RB4 strat. Sync light just blinks.

You must be in game to use any instrument on NXE

The instruments don't work on the OS in NXE ATM. Also keep a controller plugged in 24/7 otherwise your screen will dim as if a controller hasn't been used in 10 minutes.
To switch profiles to anther instrument you must accept with the controller because it goes to profile selection in he OS

bobohoro

Might be a rather dumb question, but I'll try anyway: Do highscores transfer into RB4 as well? Or do I have to start my hunt for Gold Stars again from scratch?

You must be in game to use any instrument on NXE

The instruments don't work on the OS in NXE ATM. Also keep a controller plugged in 24/7 otherwise your screen will dim as if a controller hasn't been used in 10 minutes.
To switch profiles to anther instrument you must accept with the controller because it goes to profile selection in he OS
But it doesn't even look like its recognizing the guitar at all?

I'm pressing the wireless sync button plus the button on the Xbox. Both just blinks.

THE DEFINITIVE RB4 EXPORT POST

What about Rock Band Blitz?
I've got good news! Rock Band Blitz export now works. In my case, I simply went onto my PS3 and opened Rock Band Blitz back up. It asked me to download the soundtrack again, and when I initiated the download, it updated the PS4 entitlement on my PSN account and I was able to access the songs individually (not as a pack!) on RB4. Please let me know if this works on the Xbone.

Nice will have to try this later I saw people saying Blitz was exportable but haven't seen anything on my PS4. So I'll load it up on PS3 and see if that works and wait patiently for my RB1, 2, and Green Day exports!

For a setlist, I voted for the final song to be "Something from 1999."
The game threw Sin Wagon at me. It wanted to punish me for picking middle of the road difficulty stuff recently. Damn, that song is brutal on guitar.

FyreWulff

For a setlist, I voted for the final song to be "Something from 1999."
The game threw Sin Wagon at me. It wanted to punish me for picking middle of the road difficulty stuff recently. Damn, that song is brutal on guitar.

Sin Wagon was the 'you think country is easy? well fuck you' song of the Country Track Pack disc

MajorMane

Do you want to play an encore?
  • Play "Hail to the King" by Avenged Sevenfold
  • Play "Gimme Chocolate!!" by BABYMETAL
  • Play "Duality" by Slipknot
  • Play "The Best Day Ever" by Spongebob Squarepants
  • Don't play an encore
One of these things is not like the other...

Anyone play with guitar hero equipment? Is it easy to set up and use?

You can't navigate the PS4 UI with them but they are plug and play once you get into the game. Might depend on Xbox One, not sure.

Every so often my WoR PS3 guitar drops notes though. Not sure if that's the game/calibration or the guitar is dying.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Did anyone else digital pre-order? I can't find my download for the extra 12 songs (PS4)
It doesn't appear automatically, you have to search the pack in the store (I'm on mobile so don't have the link handy, but it was posted in the thread already).
Remember that you must've been a PS+ member when you preordered to get the songs.

SFenton

I will toss this out- as a former RBN animations/lighting/camera author, I'm significantly disappointed in how the game behind the fretboard looks. I have yet to say true band cooperation, any insane camera angles, I don't even think I've seen effects like trippiness or graininess yet?

rob305

I just contacted EA support about a RB2 code. told them i lost my manual and that i contacted harmonix support and they told me to contact EA. the chat representative told me he spoke to a colleague and that they cant generate codes anymore as EA no longer supports RB2 and that i should contact harmonix.
Is that true? Did someone else get a code from EA?

KaYotiX

Banned
Still going through each song in the store and downloading songs.... Up too 320 now lol.

Wish there was a faster way on xbox. I tried that reditt way but I guess it doesn't work with the NXE beta or I'm doing it wrong :p

evanmisha

I just contacted EA support about a RB2 code. told them i lost my manual and that i contacted harmonix support and they told me to contact EA. the chat representative told me he spoke to a colleague and that they cant generate codes anymore as EA no longer supports RB2 and that i should contact harmonix.
Is that true? Did someone else get a code from EA?

I want to export RB2 to RB4. What do I do?
You're gonna need a copy of RB3, first of all. Then, you're gonna have to contact EA support and try and convince them to give you an export code. After that, you'll use the export code in the Get More Songs menu inside RB3. You'll be prompted to pay 10$, and after that, you should be good.

Do I need to download the RB2 songs to my PS3 after purchasing the export key? I don't have enough hard drive space!
That's inconsequential. You don't have to.

EA says they've stopped supporting Rock Band and to contact Harmonix.
This is essentially true, but regardless, they do have access to export codes for whatever reason, and they're your only opportunity to get one.

No matter what I say, EA support won't give me a code! What do I say?
People have reported numerous things to say to support to help achieve the code, but it more often than not seems like luck. Be persistent, be respectful, and hope you get a helpful agent. Many times, people have reported being told no consistently, only to be given the code immediately without hesitation by the next agent.

There you go

So if I buy Rock Band Blitz on the PS3 now and download, I'll be able to download the soundtrack to RB4 when I get it next week?

Many things are not available for download yet. An announcement is incoming, likely tomorrow.

Very few disc exports and non-digital-store-purchased packs are up right now. Also no de-listed songs are back up, yet.
IE: Redemption code from AC/DC, or RB Blitz unlock

Many things are not available for download yet. An announcement is incoming, likely tomorrow.

Very few disc exports and non-digital-store-purchased packs are up right now. Also no de-listed songs are back up, yet.
IE: Redemption code from AC/DC, or RB Blitz unlock

But if I buy it now, when they eventually DO bring it to RB4, it will work.

I just didn't know if it was a thing where you had to own Blitz before a certain date.

evanmisha

But if I buy it now, when they eventually DO bring it to RB4, it will work.

I just didn't know if it was a thing where you had to own Blitz before a certain date.

You can buy Blitz on the PS3, launch it, download the soundtrack, and the songs will work in RB4 on PS4. Individually, not as a pack. All 25 songs. Dunno what that dude is talking about.

Woffls

If you have a 25 digit Xbox code in your RB2 manual, the first 16 digits might be the RB3 import code.

I have my copy of Rock Band 2 here with the manual and a 25 digit EU code. It was new when I purchased it, and the code was never redeemed. I tried entering it into the 'Get More Songs' -> 'Redeem Code' section, and there wasn't enough space in the box so I gave up.

Later, on a whim, I tried the code again until the box was full and just hit enter out of annoyance... and for some reason the code was accepted. I'm downloading the 1.93GB export file now, and have been billed £6.75 on Xbox Live. The download worked and my RB2 songs are now in my RB3 library.

Hedgey

It doesn't appear automatically, you have to search the pack in the store (I'm on mobile so don't have the link handy, but it was posted in the thread already).
Remember that you must've been a PS+ member when you preordered to get the songs.

Any chance you know the name of the pack?

bounchfx

If you have a 25 digit Xbox code in your RB2 manual, the first 16 digits might be the export code.

I have my copy of Rock Band 2 here with the manual and a 25 digit EU code. It was new when I purchased it, and the code was never redeemed. I tried entering it into the 'Get More Songs' -> 'Redeem Code' section, and there wasn't enough space in the box so I gave up.

Later, on a whim, I tried the code again until the box was full and just hit enter out of annoyance... and for some reason the code was accepted. I'm downloading the 1.93GB export file now, and have been billed £6.75 on Xbox Live. I assume it will work.

whaaaat keep us updated! if that's all it took I don't see any reason hmx wouldn't say it. I wonder how it would work for those of us who have already done the export for rb3? i cant imagine we'd pay again, but maybe

Woffls

whaaaat keep us updated! if that's all it took I don't see any reason hmx wouldn't say it. I wonder how it would work for those of us who have already done the export for rb3? i cant imagine we'd pay again, but maybe
Just edited to clarify that it's for exporting to RB3; nothing to do with RB4 so far but I assume it will all end up in RB4 automagically when that stuff gets sorted out.

e: I think I now see what you were getting at with the latter comment - sorry, 2am here.

You can buy Blitz on the PS3, launch it, download the soundtrack, and the songs will work in RB4 on PS4. Individually, not as a pack. All 25 songs. Dunno what that dude is talking about.

Anything you redeem in a pack that's not simply a purchase off of the PSN/XBL we are likely waiting for.

DarkOneX

If you have a 25 digit Xbox code in your RB2 manual, the first 16 digits might be the Rock Band 3 import code.

Later, on a whim, I tried the code again until the box was full and just hit enter out of annoyance... and for some reason the code was accepted. I'm downloading the 1.93GB export file now, and have been billed £6.75 on Xbox Live. I assume it will work.

What if I have US Rock Band 2 with a 16 digit code on my manual, would I be able to purchase Rock Band 3 and use that? If so I've been wasting my time the past 2 days trying to get one from EA support lul

Aright, I give up. I'm boned until the next NXOE update or until the legacy adapter comes in. The Xbox won't recognize my RB4 guitar on the sync button, so it doesn't matter how people say it works in the game.

jadedm17

Anyone have any idea why only half of my songs I just bought show up? I've tried "Rebuild Song Cache" under options and it only finds 8 songs while my PSN account history - and empty wallet - shows I bought 7 other songs that won't show up.

Even more annoying is only 3 songs ever showed up themselves after downloading, I found 5 more under "My Add-Ons" on the PS4 homepage.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trevelyan

Banned
So how am I suppose to know what songs I can play right this minute? I've purchased 2 songs so far that don't seem compatible with RB4 yet. Why are they letting purchase things we can't access yet? Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: seems like the poster above and I are having the same problem, hah.

ViciousDS

Banned
Whoever charted gimme chocolate and throne need to be the main guys because both those songs are fantastic. I really love the synth job they translated to the guitar in throne....makes the song fun as hell. They also charted some other instrument during the verse....it's so beautiful

What also bothers me about the sound issue is everywhere I've seen it mentioned, no one from Harmonix chimes in but they do for other issues.

Top Bottom