• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

There is a sync button on both the dongle and the guitar so I would assume that a guitar would work with any compatible dongle.

you can, ive mix and matched with friends before. I just dont want to pay $30 for the damn thing

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

Oddly enough, just had the same conversation minutes ago with someone asking about a PS3 guitar without an adapter who told me that they mixed and matched them fine as well. Weird coincidence.

randomwab

Weird question, but if I buy the Rock Band 4 guitar bundle for PS4, does that guitar also work on the PS3? I missed out on Beatles Rock Band and would love to go back.

Cathcart

Ahhhhhhhh! All along all I had to do to export Rock Band 2 into 3 was purchase 3 (grabbed it off XBLive for $20) and put the 16 digit code into the game and paid the $10 and it worked! All that time wasted chatting up EA like 10 times for no reason hah! I was just worried I'd waste $30 for no reason, glad I took the chance! Thanks to whomever it was that said they did it prompting me to try! Happy, now we wait for the export to RB4 :)
lol glad I could help :D

It's not even three whole days since a game on a new platform, by a small studio, with limited funding, and with a MASSIVE undertaking is out. There always will be kinks.

Plz Harmonix add a Kinks pack kthx.

I've read the thread and the export FAQ but I still have a RB2 question. In my manual I only see the 16-digit code on the back cover for the bonus tracks. I don't see any other code to put into RB3 that you guys seem to be having luck with.

What am I missing?
Nothing. Try using that code; it works for some people. If it doesn't work for you you may have to call EA.

FaintDeftone

My Xbox One legacy adapter bundle is finally arriving from Amazon today. Sucks I basically had to pay more for it since I was planning on buying it at Best Buy with GCU but I didn't want to wait any longer so I had that bad boy overnighted to me.

My sister-in-law is having my son stay the night at her house tonight so I'll be rocking my ass off all night on this bad boy. Very excited! I have most of my legacy DLC downloaded but I'm sure I missed a bunch and will be going back through everything.

I'm going to try to fix my GH3 Les Paul tonight too since it has the issue with the loose neck that fails to make contact during gameplay at times. Going to try the ol' folded paper trick.

DarkOneX

I've read the thread and the export FAQ but I still have a RB2 question. In my manual I only see the 16-digit code on the back cover for the bonus tracks. I don't see any other code to put into RB3 that you guys seem to be having luck with.

What am I missing?

Some people are having success with inputting that longer code, and leaving out the last few digits. Sounds ridiculous, but who am I to argue?

Before the offer expired, you would use that 16-digit code at a Harmonix website, and it would spit out, in addition to the bonus tracks, a PSN/XBL download code that could be used in RB3 to purchase the RB2 export. That website no longer works, so people (such as myself) have been hassling EA to generate the codes that would have been generated by the website that no longer exists. They're doing it, but YMMV. Additionally, now people may have stumbled upon a new code workaround as seen above.

This is the code I used last night, my US Xbox 360 Rock Band 2 game had the 16 digit code on the manual that said it was for bonus tracks. I took a chance and paid the $20 for the digital version of Rock Band 3 and tried the code and it let me pay the $10 and did the export and download so while I cannot guarantee that it will work for everybody it did for me last night.

ViciousDS

Banned
Rock Band 4 Wireless Drum Set for Xbox One

V2.26

Improvement to drum pedal detection threshold

Rock Band 4 Wireless Drum Set for PlayStation 4

V 1.09

Improvement to drum pedal detection threshold

PUfiMK2.gif

new firmware for the footpedal is out, pads should be within the week

BRING ON THE DOUBLE KICKS!

Has anyone else ran into some tracks sounding different, like vocally. I was playing Falling Away From Me last night, now not sure if it was fatigue/feeling tired, but it just sounded off. Like Jonathan Davis's voice was a bit more high pitched than normal, especially during the chorus and less growl-y, if that makes sense.

(I was drumming, e-kit, PS4 if that matters)

My girlfriend swears that No One Like You by Scorpions is a re-record.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
New legacy DLC on the EU store. Run to the Hills and Rock your Socks dingdingding.
I really don't get how they're updating the EU store. Like, the most popular songs at first? We're at "R" now, does that mean that after "Z" we start from the beginning again with the mildly popular songs? Why the hell won't they put up everything at once?

Edit: nah that can't be it, because Bad to the Bone was there today at noon. Whatever.

I will give that a try tonight. If I can disable them fully, then that's actually pretty nice and I'll redact that complaint. I was just playing along to what the game was telling me to do.

That's really the least of my complaints, though. I understand this is Harmonix as an indie developer and I will give them time to make the game right. I just can't get on board with things the way they are now.

They'll figure out export packs, they'll figure out how to easily bring in all the songs you've already bought, they'll add in customization options. They'll do all of this and RB4 will be amazing for years to come. But for $250? I'll wait for those things to happen.

They've already said that there will be no "download all" option because Sony and MS won't allow it. The best you're going to get is a list inside the game of purchased (but not downloaded) DLC, and you're still going to have to download everything one at a time.

Mbrill82

I love the fact that most of the PS2 instruments will still work. That's some good legacy support. I sold my drums and guitars long ago before Rock Band 3 even came out unfortunately.

I'm interested in picking this up now but I'm just not sure how long it will be before I can fit it into my game buying budget with all the stellar releases currently and upcoming.

I'm excited to get it because my son is 10 and a half now and will actually be able to play it with me. He was just too young in the plastic instrument game heyday (although he tried his hardest). He's taking piano lessons now too so he's understanding things like rhythm and keeping on beat.

They've already said that there will be no "download all" option because Sony and MS won't allow it. The best you're going to get is a list inside the game of purchased (but not downloaded) DLC, and you're still going to have to download everything one at a time.

To be honest that would be amazing. I've just had to go through every song in the store checking if I own it or not and downloading the ones I do own. There is no current way to filter what you own correct?

Paragon Pariah

Neo Member
So on the freestyle solos, I seem to keep losing my combo at the beginning of the sections where you are supposed to be able to play whatever you want. I've tried to make sure that I'm always playing something during those sections and it hasn't helped. I haven't had any issues keeping my combo in any of the other freestyle sections. Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

So on the freestyle solos, I seem to keep losing my combo at the beginning of the sections where you are supposed to be able to play whatever you want. I've tried to make sure that I'm always playing something during those sections and it hasn't helped. I haven't had any issues keeping my combo in any of the other freestyle sections. Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

I've been playing exclusively with freestyle solos and have noticed sometimes there are small little sections in between where you aren't supposed to play anything at all or you'll drop combo. Essentially it's just a small gap with no markings in between sections.

It's awkward.

That's still a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

Paragon Pariah

Neo Member
I've been playing exclusively with freestyle solos and have noticed sometimes there are small little sections in between where you aren't supposed to play anything at all or you'll drop combo. Essentially it's just a small gap with no markings in between sections.

It's awkward.

Aha, I'll have to look out for those breaks, I haven't noticed that before. Thanks for the tip.

Every morning I get up and see if some of my songs that I paid for work on Xbone.

Light My Fire - Nope
Riders on the Storm - No.
Metallica songs - Nowhere

Disk exports? Nope.

I'm not real patient.

Gorger

Every morning I get up and see if some of my songs that I paid for work on Xbone.

Light My Fire - Nope

Disk exports? Nope.

I'm not real patient.

Wasn't Light my fire and Riders of the Storm a free The Doors pack?

Will I need to have the Rock Band/Rock Band 2 discs to eventually do the song export? I'm selling my 360 instruments so was gonna bundle in the games with it, but just wondering if I'll need to keep hold of them for a bit longer?

MrNelson

Banned
Will I need to have the Rock Band/Rock Band 2 discs to eventually do the song export? I'm selling my 360 instruments so was gonna bundle in the games with it, but just wondering if I'll need to keep hold of them for a bit longer?
We don't know yet. Hopefully no, but they haven't said one way or the other.

Light My Fire - Nope

Disk exports? Nope.

I'm not real patient.

I have a party at my house on halloween and I'm going to be disappointed if I don't have all these exports/imports by that time.

Woffls

No info on exporting to RB4 yet, but as I understand it anything that's exported to RB3 will end up in RB4 as well providing you're on the same account XBL/PSN account.

Ninhead

I kinda feel like they would've announced something on the twitter if they were gonna make an announcement today. I hope I'm wrong. Then again, I'd kinda just like all my old songs to work before I spend more money on new ones.

Also- has anyone thought of the unfortunate possibility that individual export tracks (from RB1/RB2) might not be available to carry over into RB4? I have a weird feeling.

Megatron

I kinda feel like they would've announced something on the twitter if they were gonna make an announcement today. I hope I'm wrong. Then again, I'd kinda just like all my old songs to work before I spend more money on new ones.

Also- has anyone thought of the unfortunate possibility that individual export tracks might not be available to carry over into RB4? I have a weird feeling.

Yeah, I think they may take at least the first week off From New releases while they work on back end stuff, which could include features and patches. With all the complaints, that's the most important at the moment.

Kolma

Also- has anyone thought of the unfortunate possibility that individual export tracks (from RB1/RB2) might not be available to carry over into RB4? I have a weird feeling.

Wouldn't surprise me we did lose songs on exports from rb1 to rb3 that worked in rb2.
possible we could lose some more rb1 or rb2 songs that worked fine in rb3

T.O.P

Banned
I think i made the right choice, the store who was selling the all in bundle for 209€ now shows a est. shipping date for November 9th lol

Also, my GS says that they are not sure if they will receive any bundles on the 13th lol

Drums bundle in 2016 seems more and more likely for now

Wouldn't surprise me we did lose songs on exports from rb1 to rb3 that worked in rb2.
possible we could lose some more rb1 or rb2 songs that worked fine in rb3

God I hope not. I'm glad we got Spoonman and Give it Away eventually, but I can't take losing more of RB2 on top of Battery and Any Way You Want It.

Top Bottom