• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Did anyone else have a really hard time getting the guitar calibration to work?

I had to use a toilet paper tube for the camera to even pick up.

The immediate turnaround on release is pretty cool, though many a 9 a.m. Friday class in college was followed with me rushing to check the DLC announcement, so I will miss it in a way.

Yaari

I liked Friday better.

Been playing a bit but damn, I'm horrible. I can't even play on Hard. I'm back on Medium.

Many good songs that I have not picked up yet too.

My Ozzie pack still doesn't work apparently. I wanna play Mr Crowley

mantis23

I had a Xbone legacy adapter bundle preorder from best buy which obviously wasn't available on Tuesday. I called an audible and picked up the BiaB from target for 155ish after the 25% off deal, my redcard, and a bonus discount from the manager for not having the adaptor bundle in stock. I want happy about the extra $100 or so i had to pay but I just sold off some of my RB2 gear to make up the difference.

Been having fun with it poking around quickplay until the exports eventually hit. Fun game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
There's been a nice little legacy DLC update on the EU Playstation store, including some RB3 track packs and most of the preorder DLC (The Reflex!).

Someone on the HMX boards said that there'll be another one between 8 and 8.30 pm.

Pandacon

So after fiddling with the calibration last night, I settled on 120ms, felt good to me. I really don't think my tv makes that much lag, I wonder if I just hit notes late, and setting the calibration that high compensates for that.

In any case, had fun doing the tour mode last night, though I do feel the game is a bit more bare-bones compared to Rock Band 3, I liked making my own setlist and just playing through my list of songs, and getting the rewards for doing that. Also I feel like there is less clothing for my character.

Still having a blast, but I've had the game crash on me 3 or 4 times already. PS4 version.

I really hope the first update fixes a lot of issues with the game. They need to get it rock solid before adding features.

In any case, had fun doing the tour mode last night, though I do feel the game is a bit more bare-bones compared to Rock Band 3, I liked making my own setlist and just playing through my list of songs, and getting the rewards for doing that. Also I feel like there is less clothing for my character.
It's incredibly bare-bones compared to rb3. Hardly any customization options, tour mode (for the most part) forces you to play the same songs over and over again, and the store is a mess. I truly expected better than this.

Alive got delisted?? When, I don't recall this

I think he's just crossing his fingers that we don't lose Alive.

Not only that but there are a few songs on the disc tracklists that complete full album downloads- Alive, Everlong, Peace Sells, Wave of Mutilation, Tom Sawyer. Losing any of those would be really fucked up.

MrNelson

Banned

Not only that but there are a few songs on the disc tracklists that complete full album downloads- Alive, Everlong, Peace Sells, Wave of Mutilation, Tom Sawyer. Losing any of those would be really fucked up.
Tom Sawyer in RB1 was a cover, they included the original version with Moving Pictures.

Totally makes sense. I don't think we would lose those, if we are to take HMX word, if we had it before, we will get it later. Question on everyone's mind is when

Blitz trick was only for PS4? No luck for Xbox-ers?

ViciousDS

Banned

correct, I'm hoping we don't lose alive in the exports over due to some licensing issue

Tom Sawyer in RB1 was a cover, they included the original version with Moving Pictures.

So happy we got OG tom sawyer with the album. I'm really hoping we get the non vault edition of the working man as well.

Ninhead

correct, I'm hoping we don't lose alive in the exports over due to some licensing issue

So happy we got OG tom sawyer with the album. I'm really hoping we get the non vault edition of the working man as well.

I thought the vault version was because the masters on the album version are damaged.

Pandacon

It's incredibly bare-bones compared to rb3. Hardly any customization options, tour mode (for the most part) forces you to play the same songs over and over again, and the store is a mess. I truly expected better than this.

Perhaps they are planning on putting more old features back in when they release Rock Band 5.....

ViciousDS

Banned
I thought the vault version was because the masters on the album version are damaged.

i just thought it was because lifeson found an alternate recording of the guitar....and they used that for the rock band version

By popular demand Rush will release "Working Man" (Vault addition) on iTunes available for download July 22nd, 2008.
The version features a never before heard guitar solo that Alex Lifeson did during the original recordings back in the 70's. The song was re-mixed by Rich Chycki who is known for his work on R30 and Snakes & Arrows.
A great addition to the Rush song library!

sounds like everything was original except the guitar....so they did have masters

SHarris78

I bought Iron Maiden pack 01 yesterday, but i've no option to download it and its no longer available on the store?

Is it just a case of waiting for it to pop up on the store or have I wasted my money?

zychi

Banned
Every morning I get up and see if some of my songs that I paid for work on Xbone.

Light My Fire - Nope
Riders on the Storm - No.
Metallica songs - Nowhere

Disk exports? Nope.

I'm not real patient.
I saw all the dlc issues and the lack of the legacy adapter and decided to wait until after xmas. Ill let you guys beta test it, and once its working properly ill jump in

Raide

Just played a good few songs...

Not sure I like the crowd singing along. Sometimes it ruins the actual song, other times its actually cool.

Once you do the Solo Tutorial, it feels way more fun and fitting to the solo section in the song.

What the heck is going on with the console image dimming after a few minutes. Really annoying.

SHarris78

Grrrr, now I just bought the Chinese Democracy GnR album and theres no option to download!! Whats going on?

On the plus side, Babymetal works!!

Bauer91

Grrrr, now I just bought the Chinese Democracy GnR album and theres no option to download!! Whats going on?

On the plus side, Babymetal works!!

If you're looking on EU PSN, you need to wait for them to replace the packs and albums so that they work in RB4.

mantis23

Not sure I like the crowd singing along. Sometimes it ruins the actual song, other times its actually cool.

Once you do the Solo Tutorial, it feels way more fun and fitting to the solo section in the song.

What the heck is going on with the console image dimming after a few minutes. Really annoying.

The dimming thing is a problem with the new xbox dash.

KaYotiX

Banned

need a bigger song catalog my friend!!!

Havent played the same song twice yet :) (450 songs atm)

KaYotiX

Banned

Its a known bug with the NXE (im assuming u have it installed) i have my controller by my side and flick the stick after every song lol.

RedStep

It's not even three whole days since a game on a new platform, by a small studio, with limited funding, and with a MASSIVE undertaking is out. There always will be kinks.

Why? Harmonix is out on the open market with RB4, selling their game for the same or higher price than other games, to the same audience. Why do they get a bunch of *'s where they can screw up simple things but charge the same amount?

There is a reason that State of Decay and Call of Duty are not the same price and why a bit/ton of forgiveness is offered to an ambitious $20 game. RB4's Band-in-a-Box set is $250, the hardware is shit, and the software can only be called "working****". I love Rock Band and have done my part to support it, but acting like this one project/developer needs charity when they're collecting money hand over fist from us is ridiculous.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Crowd singalong has been a thing since Rock Band 1.

Top Bottom