• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Is there anyway to filter in quickplay for just the scores and stars for the particular instrument youre playing currently. It keeps showing the highest score and stars regardless of instruments. So far this is my only big problem with Rock Band 4.

Are Rock Band Network songs compatible with RB4? I have a shitload of obscure metal I bought on there, and would hate for half of my DLC to be left behind.

Maybe I need to drop the volume on them a little bit because they sometimes drown out what I am playing. :D

Noticed this yesterday that felt like they sang louder than anything else, so tuned it down myself. Haven't tested it yet cause I was in dire need of sleep & stuck at work for a few more hours. I'm itching to play, haven't felt like this in a while

Are Rock Band Network songs compatible with RB4? I have a shitload of obscure metal I bought on there, and would hate for half of my DLC to be left behind.

I think you should read the first post, it answers all questions about DLC, but to answer you here, no RBN songs do not transfer over, it remains to be seen if this will change in the future

FaintDeftone

Anyone know if these issues plaguing instruments that need firmware updates apply to the legacy instruments too? If there are issues there does that mean that legacy users just have to deal with it?

FyreWulff

Perhaps they are planning on putting more old features back in when they release Rock Band 5.....

There's no Rock Band 5. Rock Band 4 is the only regular Rock Band this generation - they're just going to build on top of it.

Of course, I'm also hoping for a Rock Band Blitz 2..

Is there any way to permanently turn off custom guitar solos? Or do I have to use the dpad every time I launch the game?

It's pretty dissapointing to play my sharona only to realize I forgot to turn off custom solos and have to sit and and flair like a retard the whole time...

MrNelson

Banned
Is there any way to permanently turn off custom guitar solos? Or do I have to use the dpad every time I launch the game?

It's pretty dissapointing to play my sharona only to realize I forgot to turn off custom solos and have to sit and and flair like a retard the whole time...
There is a menu option to turn them on/off when using guitar. Although I've never seen it revert after turning it off, D-pad or otherwise.

ViciousDS

Banned
There's no Rock Band 5. Rock Band 4 is the only regular Rock Band this generation - they're just going to build on top of it.

Of course, I'm also hoping for a Rock Band Blitz 2..

speaking of that, how the hell do i get those songs? I own blitz but it says purchase in the store

evanmisha

I've asked multiple times bit don't really get an answer :/ I just bought blitz and can't download the soundtrack on ps3.

I wish I could help, dude, but I really have no idea what to tell you. Try opening up a Harmonix support ticket and tweeting at them with the ticket ID.

j-wood

Still nothing new on exports? I'm throwing a party this weekend and was hoping to import rock band 1 to my ps4 by then.

If you bought the RB3 upgrade songs then that should be fine because they consolidated the two songs into one so that there wouldn't be duplicates.

I personally didn't, and since the upgraded ones don't have any purpose in RB4, I'm hoping the rest of the pack shows up soon.

pacman85

Is there anyway to filter in quickplay for just the scores and stars for the particular instrument youre playing currently. It keeps showing the highest score and stars regardless of instruments. So far this is my only big problem with Rock Band 4.
No, they removed filtering in quickplay. It is a VERY glaring omission in my opinion as it was in RB3. They need to add this back in via one of the (hopefully) many updates they will push out for this game.

hodgy100

hmm so i chatter with amazon support about codes for my pre order bonus and they gave me 2 codes both in formats that i cant find for anywhere (on PS4 or in game)

THey gave me a code in the format of xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx (16 characters)
and a code in the format of xxxxxxxxxxxxx (13 characters)

have they just given me random codes or something?

also im noticing a constant stutter with the game. its making it a bit difficult to play. any ideas?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So I just learned the hard way. Don't buy songs in RB4 if you want to also have them in 3. Thank God I only did 2 songs....

cakely

Crap. How do you take a screenshot with Xbox One? I just got the #1 score for vocals on "La La Love You" and I want to preserve it until I'm kicked off before the end of the day.

No, they removed filtering in quickplay. It is a VERY glaring omission in my opinion as it was in RB3. They need to add this back in via one of the (hopefully) many updates they will push out for this game.

If you use the search feature, you can search for genres, artists, etc, and it filters to a point.

Crap. How do you take a screenshot with Xbox One? I just got the #1 score for vocals on "La La Love You" and I want to preserve it until I'm kicked off before the end of the day.

doubletap the xbox button and press.. y?

bounchfx

There is a menu option to turn them on/off when using guitar. Although I've never seen it revert after turning it off, D-pad or otherwise.

mine is off in the menu yet turns itself on every time i start the game and play guitar again (even though the menu option stays off and still says off). it's maddening getting to the solo section of a song and having it be noodle soup, and you can't change it back during a solo so you have to restart. :(

ViciousDS

Banned
mine is off in the menu yet turns itself on every time i start the game and play guitar again (even though the menu option stays off and still says off). it's maddening getting to the solo section of a song and having it be noodle soup, and you can't change it back during a solo so you have to restart. :(

It resets on every game load afaik

I thought there was suppose to be a DLC announcement today. Did I miss it or was that wishful thinking?

Just people anticipating one since Harmonix used to do them on Fridays.

They also did them on Mondays a long time ago, so that's the next guess before it happens/they make a statement.

Only four songs from the Queen Pack work for me. Another One Bites the Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Tie your Mother Down, and Fat Bottomed Girls(woot!)

ViciousDS

Banned
Doesn't show as an option. Maybe it's disabled because of licensing?

Recording is blocked on both consoles.....which is stupid. As much as I love the share feature, blocking us out of personal achievements that we would love to watch for later is dumb. Never tried screenshots

You might just want to grab a phone real quick

bounchfx

Sorry if this has been posted already but there is a new firmware update for the drums to address bass pedal response http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledge...-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates

awesome! gonna try it now with some BANGKOK

It resets on every game load afaik

it needs to not :(, what are profiles for then? grrr

edit: new kick is way way better. my drum still has some annoying pad inaccuracies but its leagues better than out of the box

On top of that frustration you can't hit the d-pad to check if it's on or off until the song officially starts, which means you're missing notes to check it.

Kolma

So i finally updated my xbox one drums.
Is it really supposed to instantly say that firmware update completed? seems a tad too quick...

First playthrough and I 100% FC'd "Gimme Chocolate!!"

9Z630Jn.jpg

Dat fucking solo though. Drives the guitar difficulty right up to the well deserved final tier it has. Arse chlenchingly tense hitting the whole thing in one shot.

Bauer91

I Don't Wanna Stop's solo is too hard for me to FC it so I can gold star the song in RB3 but using the freestyle solo would feel like cheating.

And damn, adjust the overscan settings on your TV.

ViciousDS

Banned
I Don't Wanna Stop's solo is too hard for me to FC it so I can gold star the song in RB3 but using the freestyle solo would feel like cheating.

And damn, adjust the overscan settings on your TV.

Is it sad that I just noticed that.....lol

It was the wideness settings due to cable tv.....I don't have an Hd box :(

Top Bottom