• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

So, I bought the Slayer pack for Rock Band 4. and I thought "I better download them on my PS3 for my Rock Band Blitz" and after I downloaded the tracks and booted up Blitz, it prompted me to download the Blitz soundtrack. I can't believe that never popped until now.

So, I'm assuming now I can download it for Rock Band 4?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
First playthrough and I 100% FC'd "Gimme Chocolate!!"

http://i.imgur.com/9Z630Jn.jpg[IMG]

Dat fucking solo though. Drives the guitar difficulty right up to the well deserved final tier it has. Arse chlenchingly tense hitting the whole thing in one shot.[/QUOTE]
Dat fucking solo indeed.
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/holyshit1lofm.gif

Guys, I have a case of squeaky strumbar. Should I put some WD40 on there?

So, I bought the Slayer pack for Rock Band 4. and I thought "I better download them on my PS3 for my Rock Band Blitz" and after I downloaded the tracks and booted up Blitz, it prompted me to download the Blitz soundtrack. I can't believe that never popped until now.

So, I'm assuming now I can download it for Rock Band 4?

That's how it worked for me.

Yaari

While download my library I ended up downloading plenty of songs that I completely forgot about.

A little annoyed that my Ozzy Osborne pack does not seem to get picked up though. It's like the only one I have left that is not getting recognized (I don't have that many packs anyway).

MrNelson

Banned
Steve Janiak
‏@steve_janiak
@jmuelly @fecman94 @RockBand we will be supporting RB3 export, more detail soon

https://twitter.com/steve_janiak/status/652594138404118528

ron-paul-its-happening-animated.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
Sssoooo do baby metal solo legit and 80% it and get 4,000 points or free style it and get 20,000 with little combo break risk

Gee I wonder what I'm going to use

xzeldax3

Sssoooo do baby metal solo legit and 80% it and get 4,000 points or free style it and get 20,000 with little combo break risk

Gee I wonder what I'm going to use
I love keeping track of my score/stars/percentage/streak progress in songs by taking photos and putting them in my big Excel document. So I will never use freestyle solos in quickplay because to me they just mess up my scores. Since Tour mode and Shows mode doesn't save scores, I can goof off with them at parties.

I'm pissed that they removed the ability to see extra post-song stats like streak and how quickplay just shows the highest percentage no matter what instrument you are on (e.g. Your vocals score will show even when you are on guitar if it is your highest score).

So we've got a RB3 export confirmed? Awesome, hoping the setlist is mostly in tact. I'm definitely going to have to look into getting this once they've got all the launch kinks all fixed. Plus, I guess I'll need an Xbone in the first place considering that's where all my old DLC will be waiting...

ViciousDS

Banned
Don't you get normal gem points during a solo along with the bonus points though?

You do.....but if I were to hit all and keep a streak that would mean it would be almost equal.....the same.....so someone activating OD and missing 3 notes could be it compared to free style totals.

I'm pretty sure someone on Reddit will create some huge sheet and using mah to figure it out and see what gives the most.

You know pro players going for #1 will do anything to squeeze those points

Edit: my rock band 3 is ready!!!! Bohemian rhapsody here I come!

Yaari

RB3 export is good news. Me not having a 360 or a copy of RB3 anymore is not good news.

Digital will work so you could just buy that. I personally have a copy on the way so I will keep it around for a while.

I think RB1 and RB3 are the easiest. RB3 is atleast available digitally. Good luck doing anything with RB2 without a 360. It sucks.

Southcott

For those who care - Rock Band 3 is available still in CEX for £8.00 instore or £10.50 delivered online.

It will be second hand but should come with manual, if it doesn't have the manual ask for a replacement and they'll sort it for you.

They only have around 40 in stock at time of posting this and I'm sure that'll drop quick.

So when the RB3 export is up, I'll be able to just buy a digital 360 copy and get that full tracklist in RB4? Presumably? Maybe?

Sounds like a good deal, but I'll also be curious what songs they'll lose licencing for. If Bohemian is out, no sale.

Yaari

So when the RB3 export is up, I'll be able to just buy a digital 360 copy and get that full tracklist in RB4? Presumably? Maybe?

Sounds like a good deal, but I'll also be curious what songs they'll lose licencing for. If Bohemian is out, no sale.

You will be good with digital.

As for a manual, I don't think it will even be needed. I think MadCatz copies of the game had no code in it or something? So asking for a code is probably going to make it more diffifcult than it should be.

I don't care if anyone beats it! I personally now have had a number one song for rock band! It's also on one of my favorite songs of all time!

Did you buy that as a single?

I'd be willing to sacrifice Humanoid and Fly Like an Eagle to keep everything else.

hodgy100

hmm so i chatter with amazon support about codes for my pre order bonus and they gave me 2 codes both in formats that i cant find for anywhere (on PS4 or in game)

THey gave me a code in the format of xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx (16 characters)
and a code in the format of xxxxxxxxxxxxx (13 characters)

have they just given me random codes or something?

also im noticing a constant stutter with the game. its making it a bit difficult to play. any ideas?

guys? :(

Digital will work so you could just buy that. I personally have a copy on the way so I will keep it around for a while.

I think RB1 and RB3 are the easiest. RB3 is atleast available digitally. Good luck doing anything with RB2 without a 360. It sucks.

Ah ha. I totally forget that RB3 was available digitally. Thanks for the reminder.

Depending on the system, it may already be up there.

3 goes for $30 used at Gamestop on PS3.

That's because they never reprinted it for PS3. When Madcatz became publisher, they focused on the 360 version with a rerelease and putting it out digitally. All the PS3 copies are/were from EA.

Kolma

I wonder just exactly how RB3 export would work..
Does each game have a unique identifier like the PS3 games that came with Vita copies?
Or will it be like RB1 where it will update and have an export option where you can just purchase and export fee.

Either way, we might be able to totally help each other out since some of us no longer have a copy of RB3, and Xbox 360, or neither.
That is if people were willing to share their account info with someone else using a temp password of sorts. Though I could imagine the trust issues that would appropriately come with that.

I wonder just exactly how RB3 export would work..
Does each game have a unique identifier like the PS3 games that came with Vita copies?
Or will it be like RB1 where it will update and have an export option where you can just purchase and export fee.

Either way, we might be able to totally help each other out since some of us no longer have a copy of RB3, and Xbox 360, or neither.
That is if people were willing to share their account info with someone else using a temp password of sorts. Though I could imagine the trust issues that would appropriately come with that.

For 360, if they require a code, I'd imagine that just buying it on your own account on games on demand would/should work, and I don't think you'd need to physically have an Xbox 360 to do that.

But I think the way they're probably going to do it is the RB1 was where you just purchase an export key (which I'm guessing will cost between $15 and $30), especially since some people have mentioned that the Madcatz 360 disc copies don't have a code in them.

Top Bottom