• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Yaari

Yeah my only concern is if this will need to be a 360 disc put into the X1, or that they update the 360 version in a way that you can export the game on your 360 console.

If this is yet another 360 game that I need a 360 console for then it is only going to get more difficult.

I do think discs have identical codes though so you could probably ship a disc to the next person when you are done with it.

Kolma

Yeah my only concern is if this will need to be a 360 disc put into the X1, or that they update the 360 version in a way that you can export the game on your 360 console.

If this is yet another 360 game that I need a 360 console for then it is only going to get more difficult.

I do think discs have identical codes though so you could probably ship a disc to the next person when you are done with it.

They could technically add BC to the Rock Band Library too now since we do have a Legacy Adapter. but that wouldn't help PS4 rockers.

But either way it could be as simple as a legacy app that reads your purchase history for a digital copy of RB3, or check disc slot for a retail copy of RB3

hodgy100

Sounds to me you got a X1 and a PS4 code? I know mine was 16 digits for X1.
Have you tried redeeming them? I doubt they would just hand out random codes. One should work.

after getting off chat to amazon support again. the promotion wasn't in the UK supposedly :(

They did give me £20 back on my order though

EDIT: woah RB3 export EXCELLENT!

Interesting that we're hearing RB3 news but no news on the others just yet.

The only news here is that it's coming, not how and when and how much. In terms of what we know, it's still behind the other exports (we know how we're getting those, it's just that they haven't been uploaded/updated yet).

Fucking hell, that was easily one of the most fun songs I've ever played.

WPgB5zN.jpg

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we Europeans shouldn't expect new legacy DLC over the weekend huh?
Time to actually play the game and stop bitching about too few songs!

I'm guessing the code on the back of RB3 manual is gonna be our exporting method.

Exciting news though. Hope that means the game is doing well.

RB3 news is awesome. I wonder how many casualties (songs that don't transfer) there will be.

Looking at the setlist, there doesn't seem to be any major targets for culling. Tokio Hotel is the only one I can see not making the cut due to them not exporting from Rock Band 1.

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm hoping they show up on the store to buy individualy,a few songs on 3 I really could do without.

If not I guess I'll have to deal

I'm hoping they show up on the store to buy individualy,a few songs on 3 I really could do without.

If not I guess I'll have to deal

I'd imagine it is much easier to negotiate selling them as a pack again (like they are on disc) than negotiating to sell each song as individual DLC.

Harmonix tends to have a good track record with exports so I'm optimistic we'll keep most of RB3 but it has been 5 years, the only song I imagine we lose for sure is Humanoid.

Lady Gaia

I don't suppose the codes printed in RB3 manuals are console agnostic? I completely understand why DLC can't be imported across platforms, but I would hope they wouldn't lock people in when it comes to just redeeming a code that constitutes proof of purchase. I have *three* copies of Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360 (two physical, one digital) but I switched to PS4 for Rock Band 4 in order to use my e-kit. Buying DLC for a second time is irritating. Buying Rock Band 3 for the freaking fourth time would be a little much.

I guess we could arrange to trade codes if there's anyone out there in the reverse situation, but I don't know how common that's likely to be.

Hawk269

So with the potential of RB3 import and I never owned RB3, should I go out and buy a used copy and install it to my 360. Will this work? Or would I have to do something else. I don't care for some of the songs, but there some that are very good and would love to have.

Is anyone using the GH World Tour Guitar with the Legacy Adapter? I have the thing paired and I can move around the dashboard, but none of the buttons work inside the game. I can't get it to join up.

I don't suppose the codes printed in RB3 manuals are console agnostic? I completely understand why DLC can't be imported across platforms, but I would hope they wouldn't lock people in when it comes to just redeeming a code that constitutes proof of purchase. I have *three* copies of Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360 (two physical, one digital) but I switched to PS4 for Rock Band 4 in order to use my e-kit. Buying DLC for a second time is irritating. Buying Rock Band 3 for the freaking fourth time would be a little much.

I guess we could arrange to trade codes if there's anyone out there in the reverse situation, but I don't know how common that's likely to be.

I doubt it, the code on the back is 16 characters and Xbox uses 25 characters.

KaYotiX

Banned
So with the potential of RB3 import and I never owned RB3, should I go out and buy a used copy and install it to my 360. Will this work? Or would I have to do something else. I don't care for some of the songs, but there some that are very good and would love to have.

Need the code on the manual. Best best would be to buy it digitally imo. Think it's $20 or $30 on 360,or wait for more details.

Please keep in mind it'll probably be an additional 10$ fee to export, for anyone considering the final cost

The cost of the export rose between RB1 and RB2, so I wouldn't be that surprised to see it rise again between RB2 and RB3 as well. I'm expecting $15-20, and will be pleasantly surprised if it's below that.

Enthus

awesome! I never had any doubt. they probably just didn't wanna say shit until it was 100% confirmed.

i only wish beatles would ever be exportable. RIP.

now when do we get the exports they already said we'd have? dooooo it!

Dunno, I like that every Beatles song has a unique stage. Although I would absolutely love The Beatles Rock Band 2.

Did they say Rock Band 4 will never support the keyboard again or could it come a year or two down the line?

Right now they're saying "no". But some astute folks have noticed that the re-released RB3 Tracks are consistently significantly larger than their RB1 and RB2 counterparts. The implication being that they left the keys data in, whether intentionally or otherwise.

I decided to finally start downloading some of my DLC and of course PSN is slow as molasses right now. Such a frustrating service...

evanmisha

Right now they're saying "no". But some astute folks have noticed that the re-released RB3 Tracks are consistently significantly larger than their RB1 and RB2 counterparts. The implication being that they left the keys data in, whether intentionally or otherwise.

I decided to finally start downloading some of my DLC and of course PSN is slow as molasses right now. Such a frustrating service...

Paging sfenton

oh my lord. if they did TBRB2 with the other albums that never got released, plus export functionality for the first game.. I would lose it. That'd be so dope.

DON'T GET ME HYPE! So many good unused songs :_: It'll probably never happen though. Still a miracle the game got released lol.

Still, RB3 export news is noooice

zulux21

so I went to guitar center tonight just to look and ended up buying a mic stand

Guitar + mic is way too much fun for real

part of me wants to do this, but with drums instead, but it's so hard to do if you don't know the song vocally.

also just saw it's now music mondays instead of music fridays for dlc... oh well it's not like it matters much when dlc is announced lol.

edit: and oh because I didn't say it yesterday...
Bring Me to Life - Evanescence, so much better in rock band 4 on vocals now that both parts are properly separated.

Top Bottom