• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I got Blitz off of XBLA last night and the soundtrack download triggered, so I don't think the export has expired. Seems to be a widespread issue on PS3, so hopefully this is something that gets fixed soon.

Matticers

Looks like I'll have to buy a copy of RB3 for the export. I wonder if ebay is the best source for cheapest new version of the game in case it needs the code. I doubt it does though.

Does anyone know if the codes that came with RB2 still work to export those tracks with? Or can you only use codes from EA at this point? I was thinking about buying a new copy of that for the code as well if I could find a good deal on it. I'm curious about the track packs like AC/DC too. I was considering buying that but I read some stuff about the codes being expired. I figured someone here might know what the deal is though. I'm assuming you have to go through EA at this point since I never really see anyone mentioning new copies as a working option.

Looks like I'll have to buy a copy of RB3 for the export. I wonder if ebay is the best source for cheapest new version of the game in case it needs the code. I doubt it does though.

Does anyone know if the codes that came with RB2 still work to export those tracks with? Or can you only use codes from EA at this point? I was thinking about buying a new copy of that for the code as well if I could find a good deal on it. I'm curious about the track packs like AC/DC too. I was considering buying that but I read some stuff about the codes being expired. I figured someone here might know what the deal is though. I'm assuming you have to go through EA at this point since I never really see anyone mentioning new copies as a working option.

I've owned AC/DC's track pack forever and just remembered I never redeemed it. Redeemed it a day or two ago and it worked fine.

In other news, I've been asking EA support off and on if they can hook me up with a Green Day export and the agent I'm currently with hasn't said a word in over 30 minutes. Did the introductory "Hello, I'm ____." and has said nothing since.

Yaari

Wait...Blitz exports are available in RB4 now? How do I access it?

I heard it works for PS3 but have not seen any reports about the X1 version detecting songs yet.

Edit: Does someone know, if I find someone with a 360, and I'd give them my Live account that has MS balance on it, they should be able to export RB2 for me using my code?

CloudWolf

Really happy about the RB3 export although I can't help but be salty about the RB2 import, that was by far their best tracklist and I was too lazy to import it at the time because I preferred the RB2 engine and figured I could just pop in Rock Band 2 if I wanted to play those songs. Oh well, still plenty of songs to play with all the DLC that transferred over for me. Quick shoutout to all the Europeans still waiting because my date for the XONE version just got pushed from 9 to 17.

My date's still on the 14th. We will see when I'll actually get the game.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm really liking the on-disc setlist. I didn't know probably half the songs going in, but there's real good tracks on here. At Night in Dreams by White Denim is the secret best Rock Band song.

So I was able to wrangle a Green Day code from EA but redeeming through RB3 seems to yield no results. Seems like the code only works in Green Day: Rock Band now?

Actual quotes from the chat I just had:

Please sit back and relax and you may want to grab us some drinks while you wait. :)

and, on his way out,

Just don't let me do the dishes :)

Is there anywhere to get the xb1 wireless controller dongle? I have called every Gamestop in Vegas. Man this is so annoying. I want this game but no way am I going to buy more plastic instruments when I already have so that will work fine.

chunk3rvd

Oh no, I'm talking about the export from Blitz to 3 when first booting Blitz. Some people are reporting that the option's erroring and not popping up for PS3 copies anymore. Sorry for any confusion.

For what it's worth, I purchased Blitz and did the export in the EU half an hour ago and it worked no problem

I have one of the amazon songs that still won't show up. I tried uninstalling the song, powering off, then redownloading it. Rebuilding song cache also does nothing.

robotrock

Banned
Harmonix should just look at my PSN download list and see that I own the RB2 export pack and then give me the RB3 export pack because if I owned the RB2 export pack that means I owned RB3 at one point in time

evanmisha

So I was able to wrangle a Green Day code from EA but redeeming through RB3 seems to yield no results. Seems like the code only works in Green Day: Rock Band now?

Actual quotes from the chat I just had:

and, on his way out,

Looks like you're in my boat. Let me guess, nothing happened after you redeemed the code? If so, check your purchase history on the webstore. You should see a Green Day Rock Band Export Entitlement, which Google brings back a whopping 3 results when queried on. I should have a copy of GDRB on Monday and I'll let you know if that sorts it out.

Storm360

I'm on EU PSN which has always been odd, but I wasn't able to export GDRB through RB3 ever, I had to do it through the Green Day game

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I'm still having trouble with my 30 free songs on Xbone. The only ones that are working for me are the ones that were available as normal DLC plus I Get By. The rest are showing up as installed, but they're not available in-game. I've tried uninstalling a few, but they wouldn't uninstall.

Try uninstalling Jane and rebooting the console (settings -> power -> restart). When you get back up you should be able to download the broken songs correctly.

Try uninstalling Jane and rebooting the console (settings -> power -> restart). When you get back up you should be able to download the broken songs correctly.

I actually uninstalled Jane days ago, and I also solved my problem a little earlier this morning.

My new problem is that now the "My games & apps" menu won't launch.

Looks like you're in my boat. Let me guess, nothing happened after you redeemed the code? If so, check your purchase history on the webstore. You should see a Green Day Rock Band Export Entitlement, which Google brings back a whopping 3 results when queried on. I should have a copy of GDRB on Monday and I'll let you know if that sorts it out.

Yup, same situation. Will check my history here in a bit and see if I have it. Thanks for testing this out as ordering a copy was my next step.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I actually uninstalled Jane days ago, and I also solved my problem a little earlier this morning.

My new problem is that now the "My games & apps" menu won't launch.

I had this issue the other day. What solved it was opening a game or application that required an update, after the update finished it fixed my issue, good luck.

Harmonix should just look at my PSN download list and see that I own the RB2 export pack and then give me the RB3 export pack because if I owned the RB2 export pack that means I owned RB3 at one point in time

Or that you borrowed/rented it. Not saying that's the case, just poking a hole in your logic.

robotrock

Banned
Or that you borrowed/rented it. Not saying that's the case, just poking a hole in your logic.

Truth. I just want the songs :(

I just got my used copy in from Amazon about an hour ago and I am now downloading the Rock Band 2 Export pack for Rock Band 3. Hoping I don't need a manual to export RB3 into RB4

edit:
maD4VaE.png

Anybody know if the bonus 20 songs from rock band 2 are available in rock band 4 at this time? I swear there was an Authority Zero song that I've been wanting to play again. Xbox One BTW

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Some of the full albums I bought earlier, The Cars and Boston specifically, either don't have all the songs available, or are showing that some songs were not purchased. Anyone else?

Megatron

Any used copy should be fine, I would think. Nobody has been able to use the codes yet. As long as the code is in the box you should be fine. Wow, I just checked gamestop. The price of rb3 has gone up. The game was $19.99 new like six months after release and is now $29.99 used on ps3.

The codes from rb2 have been working for people, they just leave the last few digits off. You have to find an unused one though of course.

Nobody really talks about AC dc anymore. I don't think that one works still,

Man. I gave away my copy of Rock Band 3. Guess I'll find a cheap used copy.

Not as easy as you might think for a game that was in the $19.99 and under bins for YEARS....

opoth

Banned
Some of the full albums I bought earlier, The Cars and Boston specifically, either don't have all the songs available, or are showing that some songs were not purchased. Anyone else?

Did you own the classic rock track pack and export it? A couple of my Boston songs are tied up with that, sounds like the same deal.

Ok, fellow rockers! I bought a few songs on Tuesday, but as I am on the PS4, the store has been up and done and it doesn't have the option to download songs in game anymore? Is there anyway around this or do I just have to wait for a fix?

bigkurz

Banned
Alright well I guess I'm set. Bought the rb1 export years ago. Got a code from EA and redeemed for the rb2 export last week. Just bought a used copy of rb3 which included the manual just in case we need the code for something.

Guess I'm set for a mega export fest once harmonix decides to activate this all.

After spending hours on EA support, I am now convinced that they won't be handing out RB2 export codes anymore. If someone scores a code going forwards, post here, but I have been shot down multiple times in a row, and the last adviser spent a long time searching for a solution, only to tell me he can't generate a code, and redirected me towards Harmonix.

Kinda bummed, wanted to get RB2 in my RB4 library, guess I will have to settle for RB1/RB3/Blitz

I had the same issue. An alternative to get the songs is go to the PS store and search/download from there.
That won't work for some of these tracks. One thing I noticed is that songs like "Dammit" by Blink 182 and "Through the Fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce don't show a filesize on the web store the way everything else does. The 'Download' buttons are still there but don't do anything.

Fantastic. I think there's a solid amount of customization available in the creator, but the inability to make a full band just baffled me.

I hope we don't have to wait until December to export tracks. I bought RB1 and Blitz exports just before launch, expecting over 120 songs to play at launch. Instead I'm left with the on-disc setlist, pre-order tracks (after I got them working) and the handful of songs I picked up at the tail end of the DLC sale. I don't want to pour more money into the store at $2 a track, but I'm gettin' thirsty for new content.

opoth

Banned
Kinda bummed, wanted to get RB2 in my RB4 library, guess I will have to settle for RB1/RB3/Blitz

Do you have the RB2 disc/manual? Sounds like people have had success entering the first 16 digits of the code in the manual to purchase the pack and bypass EA support.

Top Bottom