• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Do you have the RB2 disc/manual? Sounds like people have had success entering the first 16 digits of the code in the manual to purchase the pack and bypass EA support.

I don't but I could theoretically get the manual and try it. Would I enter it in RB3, and have people done this on PS3 (that's what I'm playing on).

Fantastic. I think there's a solid amount of customization available in the creator, but the inability to make a full band just baffled me.

I hope we don't have to wait until December to export tracks. I bought RB1 and Blitz exports just before launch, expecting over 120 songs to play at launch. Instead I'm left with the on-disc setlist, pre-order tracks (after I got them working) and the handful of songs I picked up at the tail end of the DLC sale. I don't want to pour more money into the store at $2 a track, but I'm gettin' thirsty for new content.

I can't wait to have my SSJ Goku back (I hope).

robotrock

Banned
New drum firmware is available to address quick hits with the pedal.

Brilliant. I wonder when these drums are going to be perfect.

I also wish there was a way to update the firmware for the instruments within the game. Gotta go drag my drum kit up a couple sets of stairs.

Brilliant. I wonder when these drums are going to be perfect.

I also wish there was a way to update the firmware for the instruments within the game. Gotta go drag my hatdrum kit up a couple sets of stairs.

I'm going to assume that they can't update the firmware in game because of a Sony/Microsoft thing.

And I've played the drums with the new firmware. It's much much better. They still gotta fix the quick rolls, but Ithe double bass notes have been fixed.

TheGrue

My Beatles guitar worked great yesterday with the XBO legacy adapter, but today I can't get it to do anything. It syncs with the adapter and if I hold the guide button I can move to select to turn it off, but when it gets turned on it even makes a normal XBO controller have issues. I have the new dashboard installed.

Anyone else have these kinds of issues?

My Beatles guitar worked great yesterday with the XBO legacy adapter, but today I can't get it to do anything. It syncs with the adapter and if I hold the guide button I can move to select to turn it off, but when it gets turned on it even makes a normal XBO controller have issues. I have the new dashboard installed.

Anyone else have these kinds of issues?

You can only use the instruments in game with the beta dashboard. You'll have to use a normal controller to start the game up, then you switch to the guitar in game.

TheGrue

You can only use the instruments in game with the beta dashboard. You'll have to use a normal controller to start the game up, then you switch to the guitar in game.

I can actually use the guitar to select the game from the dashboard. But then weird things happen like the XBO controller can't press A or if you press down, it presses back up. Or I have to kill Rock Band to get things back to normal.

WizardSquid

Neo Member
I was just wondering if the band in a box or guitar bundle come with the whole game case or simply the disk in a cardboard sleeve. I can't find the band in a box bundle right now and want another guitar anyways so I was thinking of picking up the guitar bundle now and returning my extra game. Can I do that?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they add my good old Nashville Double Neck to the Rock Shop with some update :(

I was just wondering if the band in a box or guitar bundle come with the whole game case or simply the disk in a cardboard sleeve. I can't find the band in a box bundle right now and want another guitar anyways so I was thinking of picking up the guitar bundle now and returning my extra game. Can I do that?
It's the whole case.

Is anyone using the GH World Tour Guitar with the Legacy Adapter (Xbox 1)? I have the thing paired and I can move around the dashboard, but none of the buttons work inside the game. I can't get it to join up in RB4.

ascii42

Been trying to update the firmware of my PS4 instruments. Got to see what the Windows 10 BSOD looks like. Guitar successfully updated after a few tries. Drums still failing to switch to test mode.

Been trying to update the firmware of my PS4 instruments. Got to see what the Windows 10 BSOD looks like. Guitar successfully updated after a few tries. Drums still failing to switch to test mode.

Out of curiosity, are your drums still registered as bluetooth devices on your ps4?

I deleted mine completely from my ps4, then tried updating. It got past the test mode when it wouldn't before.

BigDug13

So where do you buy pro cymbals nowadays? Amazon has a 3 pack of cymbals for $169 and Mad Catz no longer has the product on their webstore.

Is there still such a thing as cymbals for Rock Band drums without them being overpriced, discontinued items at nearly 10x the original price?

bigkurz

Banned
Quick q I'm hoping someone here can help with.

I contacted EA last week and redeemed a PSN code for rock band 2 export key. It's in my transaction history. But I can't find anything to download / have no idea how to download these tracks into rb3.

Note: I'm not talking rb4. I know that's not available yet. But I bought rb3 today and I'm trying to get these songs into 3 and can't figure it out. Help?

Storm360

I contacted EA last week and redeemed a PSN code for rock band 2 export key. It's in my transaction history. But I can't find anything to download / have no idea how to download these tracks into rb3.

Note: I'm not talking rb4. I know that's not available yet. But I bought rb3 today and I'm trying to get these songs into 3 and can't figure it out. Help?

There should be get more songs on the main menu, then a export option

Struct09

Is anyone using the GH World Tour Guitar with the Legacy Adapter (Xbox 1)? I have the thing paired and I can move around the dashboard, but none of the buttons work inside the game. I can't get it to join up in RB4.

The GHWT guitar is primarily what I've been using on the Xbox One version. No major issues, just a really squeaky strumbar.

ViciousDS

Banned
Quick question guys.....I have never owned an Ion set but if they give us support do they still run the standard $250 for them? I've always wanted a really good set. I also heard you can buy a controller for them to make them a real kit as well.

You have to boot up RB3, go to "Get More Songs" and there will be a selection for RB2 Export. You will pay $10 and then the RB2 Export will be in your download list, presumably good for later RB4 export.

Rock Band 3 export is coming? YES!!

My Band in a box was delivered to my work today, but it's my day off. The email estimate was a 2 week delay but it arrived 4 days late. I'll forgive you Amazon UK.

I'll pick it up tomorrow and then the rocking can begin!

EDIT: I bought the Xbox One Band in a Box through Amazon UK, should I have gotten some pre-order bonus songs? I haven't been paying attention.

bigkurz

Banned
You have to boot up RB3, go to "Get More Songs" and there will be a selection for RB2 Export. You will pay $10 and then the RB2 Export will be in your download list, presumably good for later RB4 export.

Gotcha. My problem was that when I clicked redeem codes, it would time out and kick me back to the menu. It's still doing it now but I got a step farther and was ALMOST able to buy it.

bigkurz

Banned
Thanks again. I thought I was good for the rb4 export later just by getting that PSN code from ea. but I missed the part where that PSN code only allowed me to purchase the export, and NOW I have it. Tricky. Lol

So I've now paid for both a rb1 and rb2 export, and own rb3 hopefully to export it later.

KaYotiX

Banned
So where do you buy pro cymbals nowadays? Amazon has a 3 pack of cymbals for $169 and Mad Catz no longer has the product on their webstore.

Is there still such a thing as cymbals for Rock Band drums without them being overpriced, discontinued items at nearly 10x the original price?

They are releasing them soon apperantly. No solid timetable.

Oh man, for some reason I thought the PS4 instruments didn't need updated firmware yet. Maybe it'll help with some connectivity issues I have.

The occasional missed note is annoying when I'm positive I didn't mess up, but when the strum bar registers half a dozen times when I push it just once it infuriates me-- it's a nuisance in the menus while scrolling through songs and basically game-breaking in the middle of a song.

The issues I had mentioned a few days ago have pretty much cleared up after re-registering my instrument on my console, but last night my guitar also disconnected several times in an hour or so of play time-- a real mood killer in the middle of songs.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to update my stuff. I don't have any way to connect my instruments to my PC.

Career was a lot of fun, but I feel like picking different options won't really change that much.

There are still eleven disc songs I haven't played somehow.

Yeah, the career stuff was a letdown. Money was almost never in short supply, and I preferred playing the premade setlists instead of the voting ones. But that locks me out of the special gear unlocks.

None of the choices really felt like they had an impact, and it just feels like a missed opprotunity. This could be a really interesting mode, if they fleshed it out. Have a deeper on-disc library to play with, and craft a narrative where you can really shape the outcome. Imagine having to decide between doing a tour of profitable teenybopper pop songs to fund your dreams of a tour where you exclusively play hair metal and prog rock.

Allow that cash to purchase in-game upgrades, like a bonus to Overcharge duration. Bring back the tug-of-war mode, and go head-to-head with rival acts. Give the player control over the band's branding, and reflect those choices in a meaningful way.

I hope that if this franchise kicks back into full gear, Harmonix will spend some time really fleshing out the possibility of a campaign. Make a full game focused on that one element. Could be amazing.

ascii42

Oh man, for some reason I thought the PS4 instruments didn't need updated firmware yet. Maybe it'll help with some connectivity issues I have.

The occasional missed note is annoying when I'm positive I didn't mess up, but when the strum bar registers half a dozen times when I push it just once it infuriates me-- it's a nuisance in the menus while scrolling through songs and basically game-breaking in the middle of a song.

The issues I had mentioned a few days ago have pretty much cleared up after re-registering my instrument on my console, but last night my guitar also disconnected several times in an hour or so of play time-- a real mood killer in the middle of songs.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to update my stuff. I don't have any way to connect my instruments to my PC.
USB Bluetooth adapter, like this should work.

Kolma

These cymbal prices are just getting ridiculous...
JKpZWLG.png

How do I enable harmonies? I have a USB hub but I can only connect one controller at a time. I had two mics hooked up but can only choose solo or harmony for myself.

bounchfx

Career was a lot of fun, but I feel like picking different options won't really change that much.

There are still eleven disc songs I haven't played somehow.

I wish I could make money from Playing a Show, instead of just going on tour.. it seems to still rank stuff, but never gives money. I want to buy new gear and customize my character but I don't want to be forced to play certain songs like in the career mode to progress. bleh.

How do I enable harmonies? I have a USB hub but I can only connect one controller at a time. I had two mics hooked up but can only choose solo or harmony for myself.

I might be confused on what you're asking, but just select harmonies. You only connect 1 controller regardless of how many mics and singers you have.

If I bought the Xbox One bundle just to get the drums to hold me over til IONs, would anyone here be interested in buying the guitar and mic, and possibly the game itself?

I already have the game, adapter, and guitars/mics.

If I bought the Xbox One bundle just to get the drums to hold me over til IONs, would anyone here be interested in buying the guitar and mic, and possibly the game itself?

I already have the game, adapter, and guitars/mics.

Possibly the guitar/mic. PM me if you had a price in mind?

I bet this December update will include the disc exports

I doubt it. The disc exports should just be a matter of getting the files uploaded and saying they're current-gen compliant. I don't see why they'd need a patch for that. At worst, the issue could be that they're having an issue with uploading full packs that don't have the individual songs up on the store (every pack I've downloaded from PS4 so far has downloaded as individual songs and not one large file).

Vkandrew

So I've been playing all week and enjoying the guitar. Just a little bit ago I decided to set the drums up and give them a shot and my kick pedal doesn't seem to be working. It is definitely plugged into the orange socket and it just isn't registering hits at all. Has anyone else run into this problem. Any help would be great. Xbox one if that helps. Thanks

Top Bottom