• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Yaari

I doubt it. The disc updates should just be a matter of getting the files uploaded and saying they're current-gen compliant. I don't see why they'd need a patch for that. At worst, the issue could be that they're having an issue with uploading full packs that don't have the individual songs up on the store (every pack I've downloaded from PS4 so far has downloaded as individual songs and not one large file).

Yeah I too think they are giving max priority to those exports. They are very important to people and they need them out there asap.

robotrock

Banned
I'm surprised GAF isn't mentioning of the vocal lag when using the mic. It's not a setup issue as I have no problem with other Rock Band games.

There's a few threads on this in other places:

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/259855/anyone-else-noticing-the-vocal-lag

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/3nrzph/vocal_track_volume_mic_lag/

Are the player's vocals coming in sync with the vocal track for you guys?

Huh. I noticed it, but just thought it was myself trying to justify getting weak ratings.

Harmonix, please fix these problems!

Dream Genie will be the only Impossible guitar song I don't five star for a while, I think.

Kind of a tip, but you need at least four stars before the easy bit or you cannot five star it. I had a full combo throughout the entire part and wasn't really near five. Just quit out if you don't have four.

evanmisha

Meme idea: Picture of the STOP! slip that comes with Rock Band instruments, with the caption "Harmonix coming at me like I'm reading manga backwards"

EDIT: Harmonix? Mad Catz?

KaYotiX

Banned
So I've been playing all week and enjoying the guitar. Just a little bit ago I decided to set the drums up and give them a shot and my kick pedal doesn't seem to be working. It is definitely plugged into the orange socket and it just isn't registering hits at all. Has anyone else run into this problem. Any help would be great. Xbox one if that helps. Thanks

Have u updated the firmware?

U2NUMB

Wow I am annoyed at this game right now on the X1... I am a stats guy so it bugs me that the hero stats are stuck for me... starts earned and songs played will not budge. Beyond that in the middle of scrolling through my songs I got a "Game has an update, it updated one song via the dash and quit the game to do it" When I fire it back up I noticed many of the songs I had played show as if I did not play them...

Just annoying little things that make the game feel unpolished.

Wow I am annoyed at this game right now on the X1... I am a stats guy so it bugs me that the hero stats are stuck for me... starts earned and songs played will not budge. Beyond that in the middle of scrolling through my songs I got a "Game has an update, it updated one song via the dash and quit the game to do it" When I fire it back up I noticed many of the songs I had played show as if I did not play them...

Just annoying little things that make the game feel unpolished.

You were playing as a guest.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'd have been so jelly if the US got an update over the weekend, while there's still only like 500 legacy DLC songs on EU PSN.
How's the situation on Xbox anyway? Is there more?

Bionic

Bought the xb1 digital version, legacy adapter, and a band in a box from Costco. I actually bought an Xbox one just for Rock Band 4, because I've got every export and a full set of instruments (including my e-kit) for Xbox. I'm unhappy about all of those purchases.

The software issue with the drum kick needs to be fixed, the firmware upgrade did not fix the problem. Padding between the base and pedal helps mildly, but it's still really messy. I miss my real e-kit. I miss the keyboard. Poor filtering and sorting compared to Rock Band 3. Customization is really disappointing in how limited it is (body type, types of clothing, band logos, and so on). Calibration messes up if you minimize RB4, so I have to reset the entire console every so often. Couple of songs have big errors, like Waiting for the End being desynced by about 20 seconds or so. This is leaving aside everything that is supposed to be fixed in the December update, which frankly, it isn't really cool to say "buy the game in October so that we can fix it in December".

All in all, it's really disappointing, and I can't see it being a more enjoyable game than RB3 a year from now. Looking at the features the two games have today is just a completely sad comparison. Voting is nice. Facial hair for either gender is nice (one of my bandmate's avatar is always a woman with a beard if she has the option). The harmonies project is great. Those are the only improvements I see. I'm pretty sure I'm going to return the band in a box, because it's not worth $250 to me to have a worse version of the game I already love, in the hopes that several months from now, a few of the minor issues I have with it are fixed. I've loved Harmonix since Frequency, I've got somewhere around 1000 songs in Rock Band, and I'm hopeful that Amplitude will turn out well, as I was a first day backer.

But I regret buying Rock Band 4, and I'm pretty sure the Rock Band parties I have in the future will continue to be in Rock Band 3. Rock Band 3 plays more people, on more instruments, with more customization, and more songs. If they can get Rock Band 4's features approximately on par with Rock Band 3, I'll try it out again. But until then, it's not worth it for me. I fully understand the excitement that many here have for Rock Band 4, and I totally get that people have different feelings than I do about where Rock Band 4 stands as a platform right now and its future potential. But yeah, not happy here.

Hawk269

Bought the xb1 digital version, legacy adapter, and a band in a box from Costco. I actually bought an Xbox one just for Rock Band 4, because I've got every export and a full set of instruments (including my e-kit) for Xbox. I'm unhappy about all of those purchases.

The software issue with the drum kick needs to be fixed, the firmware upgrade did not fix the problem. Padding between the base helps mildly, but it's still really messy. I miss my real e-kit. I miss the keyboard. Poor filtering and sorting compared to Rock Band 3. Customization is really disappointing in how limited it is (body type, types of clothing, band logos, and so on). Calibration messes up if you minimize RB4, so I have to reset the entire console every so often. Couple of songs have big errors, like Waiting for the End being desynced by about 20 seconds or so. This is leaving aside everything that is supposed to be fixed in the December update, which frankly, it isn't really cool to say "buy the game in October so that we can fix it in December".

All in all, it's really disappointing, and I can't see it being a more enjoyable game than RB3 a year from now. Looking at the features the two games have today is just a completely sad comparison. Voting is nice. Facial hair for either gender is nice (one of my bandmate's avatar is always a woman with a beard if she has the option). The harmonies project is great. Those are the only improvements I see. I'm pretty sure I'm going to return the band in a box, because it's not worth $250 to me to have a worse version of the game I already love, in the hopes that several months from now, a few of the minor issues I have with it are fixed. I've loved Harmonix since Frequency, I've got somewhere around 1000 songs in Rock Band, and I'm hopeful that Amplitude will turn out well, as I was a first day backer.

But I regret buying Rock Band 4, and I'm pretty sure the Rock Band parties I have in the future will continue to be in Rock Band 3. Rock Band 3 plays more people, on more instruments, with more customization, and more songs. If they can get Rock Band 4's features approximately on par with Rock Band 3, I'll try it out again. But until then, it's not worth it for me. I fully understand the excitement that many here have for Rock Band 4, and I totally get that people have different feelings than I do about where Rock Band 4 stands as a platform right now and its future potential. But yeah, not happy here.

It is still fun, but I agree it is a bit frustrating and it does feel a little incomplete. I never had RB3, only played 1 & 2 and it has been a while since I played those, but shortly after booting RB4, it just feels a little light on features and with various bugs and stuff like that. I am still going to play it and I am having fun, but I do agree with a lot of what you said and hopefully things will get better soon.

Bionic

It is still fun, but I agree it is a bit frustrating and it does feel a little incomplete. I never had RB3, only played 1 & 2 and it has been a while since I played those, but shortly after booting RB4, it just feels a little light on features and with various bugs and stuff like that. I am still going to play it and I am having fun, but I do agree with a lot of what you said and hopefully things will get better soon.
I think if I hadn't played Rock Band 3, I would see 4 as an unambiguous improvement. But yeah, compared to 3, it really falls flat for me. I tried to set up playing with some friends this weekend...when I told them we couldn't use the real drums and couldn't use the keyboard, my friend said "so it's an HD remake of rock band 1? let's just play 3".

Some more songs/packs working today on PS4 that were previously problematic:

Dead Kennedys 01
I Still Believe
Charlene
Thanks for the heads-up! Also working:

"Dammit" by Blink 182
"Through the Fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce
"Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
"Beethoven's C***" by Serj Tankian

GamerJM

Banned
Man, this game's fun, but it's also making me remember the main reason I stopped playing RB3 a couple years ago: My RB3 drum set is kinda trashed. Before RB4 came out I was able to find a work around with the main problem I was having (an issue with my Destroyer pedal), but I have to adjust it every several songs now or it'll overhit. My cymbals also overhit all over the place and I think I'm starting to have an issue with my red pad.

So, if I have some DLC I own on 360 that isn't popping out on XBO without trying to charge me, who do I contact? Harmonix or Microsoft?

Also: What's the deal with Green Day stuff? I had the GDRB export, and while I know exports aren't out yet, a chunk of that game (Basically American Idiot) is available for me as DLC as if I owned it regularly. All the other albums, however, are not.

I think if I hadn't played Rock Band 3, I would see 4 as an unambiguous improvement. But yeah, compared to 3, it really falls flat for me. I tried to set up playing with some friends this weekend...when I told them we couldn't use the real drums and couldn't use the keyboard, my friend said "so it's an HD remake of rock band 1? let's just play 3".
I dot have friends so I can't speak to the second point, but I wholeheartedly agree with the first point. If RB3 didn't exist I would have had a much different take on RB4. But it seems like a pretty major step back when it should have been progressing.

I think I appreciate Rock Band 3 now more than I ever have. And that's saying a lot because I loved that damn game. Still do.

And I agree with your longer post as well. I was disappointed in my Costco Band in a Box purchase, too. So I returned it today. But I think I will get a different package of the game within six months because it will be back to top form by then (my prediction).

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
So, if I have some DLC I own on 360 that isn't popping out on XBO without trying to charge me, who do I contact? Harmonix or Microsoft?

Also: What's the deal with Green Day stuff? I had the GDRB export, and while I know exports aren't out yet, a chunk of that game (Basically American Idiot) is available for me as DLC as if I owned it regularly. All the other albums, however, are not.

Are the songs that are trying to purchase you packs? If so, go download the songs individually and it should work. If not - sorry.

As of this moment what is the easiest way to obtain our legacy DLC (that of which is readily available)? is it through xbox store or the in game DLC browser? I understand it involves one by one downloading.

Are the songs that are trying to purchase you packs? If so, go download the songs individually and it should work. If not - sorry.

Just individual songs; if you download via the RB store in-game, it doesn't surface the old packs, so. Weirdly, there's one or two songs from packs where the rest of the pack transferred fine but I'm missing one or two. It's weird.

The whole situation is still a mess, mind. The in-game store doesn't acknowledge I actually own half this stuff, but if you then click to download it says "You already own this item," and starts downloading just fine without a charge.

Matticers

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RB4PostPlaySurvey

Saw that survey on twitter. You guys might want to fill it in too.

At least they have options for all of the most requested features on that "what do you want to see added" list. More created character options, stand-ins, online play, practice mode, endless setlist, etc. So they already know what we want. The question is how long will it take for them to implement it.

If I've helped you in some way throughout the course of this thread, please mention in your survey that bringing back expired exports and DLC as something you'd like to see come to RB4! (specifically LRB export)

Agreed. I put they should figure out some kind of way to allow expired exports to come back. For people who don't have the codes but legitimately own the game. Or for games that just stopped supporting the export like LRB.

evanmisha

If I've helped you in some way throughout the course of this thread, please mention in your survey that bringing back expired exports and DLC as something you'd like to see come to RB4! (specifically LRB export)

Did the survey, expressed my disappointment regarding IONs and asked for a statement on whether we can ever expect them on Xbox. Otherwise I'm enjoying it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I expressed my disappointment with the awful animations and lip syncing. (Plus the freestyle guitar solos. I seriously dislike them and having to turn them off every time I boot the game up. But maybe I'm in the minority.)

I still like Rock Band 4, though.

Trevelyan

Banned
Well even after updating my instruments, whenever one instrument tries to connect with another one, the one already connected will be kicked off. Pretty frustrating not being able to play guitar and drums simultaneously. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I think everything on the numbered list is being worked on. I think they will have a better idea on how to prioritize it with this survey.

On another note, if I stream through the Twitch app on my X1 does it mute the music?

Dineren

Banned
Ugh, I've been enjoying RB 4 quite a bit, but when I was playing earlier my drums completely stopped responding. Not even the D-pad would work. I tried turning the ps4 completely off and back on and it still wasn't working. After that I tried deleting the bluetooth profile on the ps4 and reconnecting it and it seems to be responding again. I didn't have time to test it, but I hope it that was just a temporary fluke and not a recurring problem.

Top Bottom