• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Can someone please link me to a youtuber who plays the hardest songs in RB4 on expert drums? I'd like to see if this disc is worth picking up immediately or down the road. Thanks!

I still have a lot of DLC that I bought in the past that I can't download. Hate the fact that all of my Green Day and Blitz exports are in the store but I can't get them without buying them again. Wish they would fix this.

It's a pain getting things right for calibration. Things are well enough when the sound is set to game mode, but the mixing for the songs is just...atrocious. Meanwhile, set the sound to standard and it messes with the calibration. I've used auto three times and got three different numbers.

CS_Dan

I'm surprised GAF isn't mentioning of the vocal lag when using the mic. It's not a setup issue as I have no problem with other Rock Band games.

There's a few threads on this in other places:

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/259855/anyone-else-noticing-the-vocal-lag

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/3nrzph/vocal_track_volume_mic_lag/

Are the player's vocals coming in sync with the vocal track for you guys?

I had a huge delay on mine but improved it with the advice on the HMX forums - have audio piped out via something other than HDMI and choose PCM instead of Dolby etc. It's now back to around 100ms delay for me (from about 150) which is much better.

derfybzh

I don't get where I can see what song I have previously downloaded, when I look in the in game store all song appears to be 1.99$ even if I previously paid for it,
I have to click it to find I have it for free. It's so dumb ..........
My guitar doesn't work as a controller for all XBOX OS part, I have to plug another controller :'(
Don't know if it's because I'm on NXE but it's painfull.
I find an old Rockand Microphone Controller and it doesnt work as a controller anymore.
31x1pbxaTLL.jpg

Yaari

My strumming is so bad. I'm not good at the game but I try to play on Hard now. But whenever I get a rain of notes (even if they are all the same), I just break my streak on the 4th or 5th line.

Bionic

I don't get where I can see what song I have previously downloaded, when I look in the in game store all song appears to be 1.99$ even if I previously paid for it,
My guitar doesn't work as a controller for all XBOX OS part, I have to plug another controller :'(
I find an old Rockand Microphone Controller and it doesnt work as a controller anymore.
31x1pbxaTLL.jpg
It's because you're on NXE.

FaintDeftone

Calibration in this game is a mess. I never had issues with any Guitar Hero, Rock Band or DJ Hero game last generation but this game is awful. I've played with calibration a good 10 times and I just can't get it right.

This game feels like a Steam Early Access game. Huge bummer.

I couldn't find any manuals in my area so I'm pretty much given up.

If anyone does have a spare PSN RB2 export code, and doesn't mind sharing it to help me finish my girlfriend's birthday present, PM me. Can compensate if need be.

EA support has drained me of everything this weekend :/

Edit: oh my god someone sent me a code earlier, thank you kind soul! Going to test it out when I get home.

Calibration in this game is a mess. I never had issues with any Guitar Hero, Rock Band or DJ Hero game last generation but this game is awful. I've played with calibration a good 10 times and I just can't get it right.

Are you by chance on Xbox One? If so I noticed the whole game gets wonky if you ever suspend/minimize it and open another app. Always close/quit it when you're done.

Are you doing auto or manual? Also, are you using the RB4 instruments? Because if so, it seems like those are having major issues right now.

I calibrated my system pretty easily and it's spot on

Are you doing auto or manual? Also, are you using the RB4 instruments? Because if so, it seems like those are having major issues right now.

Mine came automatically calibrated, I went in and it already had numbers set the first time I played, and they were perfect. The only time I had sync issues was when I minimized/suspended the game on Xbox One.

robotrock

Banned
Is there a problem with using my RB4 guitar to auto calibrate? I did the thing where I held the guitar up to my screen and hoped that would be more accurate than me trying to touch the buttons on time

Neil_J_UK

I dunno, I've had issues with calibration too. Last night I moved my Xbox from the living room to my games room and manually entered the calibration numbers to what it was before moving it originally, and the first song played fine. Then I played another song and it was TOTALLY off, as in I could still hit the notes when they had almost gone off the screen, and then the next song it was ok-ish.

It's annoying because I had it perfect before I moved the Xbox downstairs and re-calibrated, but now I just can't get it how it was.

I'll have to keep in mind the minimised/suspend issue.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
31x1pbxaTLL.jpg

your microphone is not going to work because it acts as a wired 360 controller, which is not supported on xbox one.

And there's definitely something wrong with auto calibration. I used to be able to utilize it with ease, but I had to recently figure out how to manually calibrate my setup because I was missing notes where I knew I shouldn't have.

31x1pbxaTLL.jpg

Just to be clear, since others answering you aren't clear on what is/isn't NXE necessarily:
  • The new instruments don't work in OS because you're on NXE. They're aware of it and are fixing it. The NXE is a beta, this is part of the risk. Lots of games are broken in lots of different ways, unfortunately.
  • No wired Xbox 360 stuff works, including the old wired GH2/RB1 instruments and sadly this old Mad Catz Mic pictured, which I always quite liked. This is not related to the NXE. Old wired mics that DON'T have controller guts in them will work fine though.
  • You can't really see what you own in the in-game store right now, sadly. It's a mess. You have two options: Wait for this to be fixed/ironed out, or do what I did and set up two screens - one with RB3 store, one with RB4 store, then just DL everything shown as owned in the RB3 store. Again, they're working on this, but it fucked, yes.

FaintDeftone

I'm on Xbox One, yes.

I'm using legacy instruments. My drum set is the RB2 kit with the RB3 cymbals. My guitar is the Warrior of Rock GH guitar.

I used the in-game calibration tool probably 10 times and it still feels totally off. As an expert player, the game is unplayable for me.

vg260

Crazy week, so finally got to play this a bit.

Can't seem to get the calibration to feel right. I'm using the adapter + legacy guitar.

For anyone who played this on the Xbox 360, if you use the same A/V setup on the Xbox One, how did you tweak your calibration numbers? Did you use the exact same ones?

Also desperately miss the song filter options like on RB3.

That's a great idea I bet nobody has asked that yet. He'll probably respond with an exact date and time.
Awwwwww come on, dude, cut em some slack! We're all understandably a little antsy. I know I am!

Can't wait for the imports to work again! Some good news would be good!

I'm with Cipher and Baron. Light Up the Night is a goddamn incredible song. Easily my favorite new song from the set list (I didn't get to everything though).
Someone hasn't played Still Into You! I don't blame you for saving it until the end, though~

It's Moves Like Jagger, isn't it?

That was Blitz. Which I own.

I mean stuff like Word Up, The Final Countdown, Ride a White Swan, Ghostbusters.

I still own a PS3 and Lego. I just wanted them all together. With the RB3 export now confirmed I'll have all the mainline games pretty much in one.

I dont have Rock Band 4 yet. But I went to play Rock Band 3 last night after a very long time; so long that I didnt even remember what songs I transferred. If I have RB1, RB2, and green day in rock band 3...I should be good when I get rock band 4 right? I dont have to do anything else for them to transfer?

BigDug13

REALLY pissed that they didn't have cymbals ready to go for this game. So now everyone bought up all the remaining stock of RB3 cymbals and legacy players will never be able to buy cymbals because the new cymbals won't work on old drums.

I don't want to buy an XBO and a new set of drums when my cymbals break and I don't want to lose the hundreds of custom songs I can play on 360.

Gleethor

I dont have Rock Band 4 yet. But I went to play Rock Band 3 last night after a very long time; so long that I didnt even remember what songs I transferred. If I have RB1, RB2, and green day in rock band 3...I should be good when I get rock band 4 right? I dont have to do anything else for them to transfer?
You're good

You're gonna have to wait for those games' setlists to be put up on Xbone/PS4, but other than that, yeah, you're good to go.

Starting to get desperate after like the 12 try, so if anyone who has recently been able to get a PS3 export code out of EA could PM me a case number or a representative's name that actually helped them, I would really appreciate it.

whitelighter89

Neo Member
The BIAB mic is just awful. It doesn't register hits for the tambourine parts and my voice isn't registering for certain parts. As someone who was getting higher expert scores on the old versions I'm getting super pissed at this. Anyone else having this issue?

The BIAB mic is just awful. It doesn't register hits for the tambourine parts and my voice isn't registering for certain parts. As someone who was getting higher expert scores on the old versions I'm getting super pissed at this. Anyone else having this issue?

Are you playing on PS4? I think I heard something about the PS4 mic needing an update.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong, it was the guitar.

Syriel

Use the RB2 mic.

Man I love the BiaB mic. I like it more than my Lips mics from the 360.

Per calibration, Iv not had any issues with the auto-calibration. I have had issues with manual though.

Oni Jazar

I'm also having a tough time getting tambourine sections to work right with an old rb2 mic. :(

FaintDeftone

I think I finally got the calibration in an acceptable state. I just FC'd Brown Eyed Girl on pro drums expert. Now we're talkin!

However, I can't seem to get the Just for Kicks achievement. I FC'd a song on pro expert drums twice and still no achievement.

Top Bottom