• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Probably gonna end up getting them all except Breaking Benjamin.

EDIT: Apparently, the songs can now be purchased on Xbox One. Follow Me Down is still a stealthy Jane, though.

I've just been reading this thread to get my Rock Band fix until I can finally get enough money together to got an XBone and RB4. I guess 297 1/2 Square Feet Of Train won't be reuniting soon, but hopefully by Christmas.

the first thing I saw was The Pretty Reckless in big letters and thought I was getting another pretty reckless songs...then i realized its just the amazon songs

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Did they add crowd singalongs to legacy DLC? Because I definitely don't remember the crowd singing the chorus and outro on Would? by Alive in Chains before.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Did they add crowd singalongs to legacy DLC? Because I definitely don't remember the crowd singing the chorus and outro on Would? by Alive in Chains before.

With a few exceptions such as The Who, the DLC does not have crowd singalong. However there has always been an audio effect on the crowd that can make it sound like they are singing along.

nictron

Does anyone else have a surround system and notices the game is only in stereo? After playing the BF Beta and playing with the sound options I started to notice the RB4 audio is kind of not so great. Am I going crazy or are other people noticing this as well?

Ofcourse...
Ladies & Gents, meet tomorrow's new DLC:
CQ6o77MUAAAafxd.jpg

Goddammit. I got these 4 tracks on launch day with my Amazon preorder, didn't realize they weren't for sale on the store with the console preorder tracks.

The new dlc so far has been promising, some of the console preorder songs are great. Glad to see them going after bands like Alabama Shakes and DFA1979. Not getting anything new this week is really disappointing.

This game is alright.

Does anyone else have a surround system and notices the game is only in stereo? After playing the BF Beta and playing with the sound options I started to notice the RB4 audio is kind of not so great. Am I going crazy or are other people noticing this as well?

Yup, same here which is a damn shame because the previous RB games were 5.1 if I'm not mistaken.

It's good that they got all the pre-order tracks out of the way though, rather than doing what some companies do and holding it for a few months. Anything now is the usual mystery which we so enjoy.

How do we expect them to do the DLC in future, then? Just 3 packs or 4 song weeks like the start/end of the last RB dlc, or more along the lines of that period where we had a bunch of packs a week, including that time we had where Blood Sugar Sex Magick and the 20 free RB2 tracks came out?

It's good that they got all the pre-order tracks out of the way though, rather than doing what some companies do and holding it for a few months. Anything now is the usual mystery which we so enjoy.

How do we expect them to do the DLC in future, then? Just 3 packs or 4 song weeks like the start/end of the last RB dlc, or more along the lines of that period where we had a bunch of packs a week, including that time we had where Blood Sugar Sex Magick and the 20 free RB2 tracks came out?

I am guessing 3-4 songs per week, sometimes as a pack. And then the occasional full album.

Have there been any patches in the last few days or will there be in the next few days?

I'm eager to play this game but it's been a broken mess every time I've attempted it since launch day.

So I beat Rock Band 4's Career Mode!

I pretty much have pointed out my feelings about the game itself and the Career Mode so I won't go through them again. But yeah, I think it's pretty easy to say that at its current state, Rock Band 4 is the worst mainline Rock Band game. Unfortunate stuff. I'm now going through the songs I missed in Career Mode and achievement hunting!

My rankings of the Rock Band games:
Rock Band 3 > Lego Rock Band > Rock Band 2 > The Beatles: Rock Band > Green Day: Rock Band < Rock Band < Rock Band 4 < Rock Band Unplugged

(Also this is a minor point but there were no fireworks at the end of Career Mode. Budget cuts got to them too)

I pretty much have pointed out my feelings about the game itself and the Career Mode so I won't go through them again. But yeah, I think it's pretty easy to say that at its current state, Rock Band 4 is the worst mainline Rock Band game. Unfortunate stuff. I'm now going through the songs I missed in Career Mode and achievement hunting!

My rankings of the Rock Band games:
Rock Band 3 > Lego Rock Band > Rock Band 2 > The Beatles: Rock Band > Green Day: Rock Band < Rock Band < Rock Band 4 < Rock Band Unplugged

(Also this is a minor point but there were no fireworks at the end of Career Mode. Budget cuts got to them too)
I'm at the point where unless I can vote for the playlist, I ignore the set list. The on disc tracks are pretty boring honestly so far.
I just looked at the guitar hero live set list, and holy shit, that's damn good. I bet the store will work on that at least.

Speaking of career mode, it's enjoyable, but it seems that when you can choose your own setlist you can only play on disc songs, and when voting for setlists dlc is available, is this a bug or does it change further on?

I've only done the first three parts of the tour and having to choose from literally the worst songs in my libriary for 2 and 3 song sets is already super annoying. Voting throws dlc into the mix (though there is almost always a No Doubt or Pixies song to vote on), so I have to scroll through the voting options a few times to find a song I'd like to play.

Speaking of career mode, it's enjoyable, but it seems that when you can choose your own setlist you can only play on disc songs, and when voting for setlists dlc is available, is this a bug or does it change further on?

I've only done the first three parts of the tour and having to choose from literally the worst songs in my libriary for 2 and 3 song sets is already super annoying. Voting throws dlc into the mix (though there is almost always a No Doubt or Pixies song to vote on), so I have to scroll through the voting options a few times to find a song I'd like to play.
I'm wondering that as well, it seems an odd way to push the disc songs if true.
It seems if it gates off songs by where you are in the tour by difficulty as well. (Ex. Earlier in the tour, the easier)

I'm at the point where unless I can vote for the playlist, I ignore the set list. The on disc tracks are pretty boring honestly so far.
I just looked at the guitar hero live set list, and holy shit, that's damn good. I bet the store will work on that at least.
I'm the opposite. I hate the voting mechanic, I want at minimum to know what I'm playing. Besides they say Rock Band 4 Songs Played and I want to fill that up!

I think it's a bug. I was able to play DLC in the Choose Your Setlist gigs. Stupid question but have you changed your sorting methods to look through your song choices?

Pandacon

I was playing tour mode this weekend, and I think I got stuck at Austin, I have enough stars for it, and the icon shows that it's available, but when I try to access it, nothing happens, as if it was still locked. I have a bunch of shows available in other cities, so I guess I'll just do those and see if Austin ever opens up.

I spent over an hour to get whatever old songs that where available from the store. Also, I think playing the guitar is kicking in some Carpal Tunnel... getting old sucks.

Other than all that I'm having fun with the game, I'll probably won't have long play sessions, but I hope to keep playing it for a while.

I'm wondering that as well, it seems an odd way to push the disc songs if true.
It seems if it gates off songs by where you are in the tour by difficulty as well. (Ex. Earlier in the tour, the easier)

Right, and that's the worst part- I only get to choose from Fallout Boy, Imagine Dragons, Mumford- the easiest and most boring songs on the game.

I think it's a bug. I was able to play DLC in the Choose Your Setlist gigs. Stupid question but have you changed your sorting methods to look through your song choices?

Yeah it gives me the option to play like 15 RB4 songs, and when you change the sorting it's still just the same batch of songs. Maybe it depends on the different paths you can take in career mode?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
No new DLC today you say? Well I guess I'll check the Rock Band 3 legacy DLC one last time.
giphy.gif

I've noticed and asked repeatedly about it. That's one subject they refuse to issue any response about though which is strange.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
aaaah the individual 2112 songs are up in EU, just release the pack goddammit

Hell yeah, Alabama Shakes. Brittany Howard can wail and those boys can jam. Don't Wanna Fight is a funky tune and actually got my brother into them when it played over the credits in an episode of Silicon Valley

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
EU Playstation Store is acting all weird now. I can remotely download RB1 and 2 songs to my PS4, because they show up as "free", and downloading them from the shopping cart works, but not RB3 songs, because they show up as "bought", and downloading from their store page doesn't work.
The in-game shop doesn't even find the songs they added today.

So the digital pre-oreder songs should be available to anyone to buy right? Well I pre-ordered on PSN but was not a plus member so I didn't get the songs for free but I can't buy them either because I pre-ordered...

I guess I can become a plus member now and download the pack but feels like such a waste since I am already a member on my main swedish account.

zulux21

based on the video.

you would have to pay me to play the don't want to fight no more song, it looks horrid.
I will likely get the BB song.
the last two look okay but not something I would spend money on.

I will note I only have heard the BB song before I don't know the other 3.

vg260

I REALLY miss the deep woosh sound effect at the end of a song from RB2. It was one of the most satisfying game sound effects in recent memory to me. They toned it down in RB3, but there doesn't seem to be anything like it in RB4. (unless I'm missing it). They need to bring it back.

FyreWulff

I REALLY miss the deep woosh sound effect at the end of a song from RB2. It was one of the most satisfying game sound effects in recent memory to me. They toned it down in RB3, but there doesn't seem to be anything like it in RB4. (unless I'm missing it). They need to bring it back.

i am guilty of cranking the bass while playing RB2 just for that effect

I'll gladly pick up the DFA & Alabama Shakes tracks, but I really wish they would have used today to give an update on the export situation. Finish giving me the game I bought before selling me more of it.

Top Bottom