• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

vg260

I'm wondering how much the guitar and drums will be separately if the mic is $30.

Might not be much savings if buying it all separately.

ascii42

Oh wow that's awesome I didn't know that they did that. I always had the standard drum kit and never bothered with the cymbals. Might look into it this time around.

Yeah, I've been using the RB1 set until now, which didn't support the cymbals, so I'm looking forward to finally being able to try them out.

I'm wondering how much the guitar and drums will be separately if the mic is $30.

Here's my sick math on that:

RB4 - Digital Download - $60.00
RB4 - Disc + Legacy Adapter - $79.99
RB4 - Disc + Wireless Guitar - $129.99
RB4 - Disc + "Band in a Box"- $249.99

That means:
- Legacy Adapter - $19.99
- Wireless Guitar - $69.99
- Wireless Drum Kit - $120.00

Don't get me wrong, I bought RB4 + adapter, despite all the negative things I've said in this thread so far ..., but my instincts are almost never wrong ... =(

Anilones

Got a severely worded noise complaint email from my apartment building's president regarding excessive noise Friday night when I played with three friends. They claimed there were reports that I had "a out of control (sic) party with a full band playing with drums".

I guess four people sound like a full party? Either way, I think I'm going to apologize to the neighbors, but I'm also considering returning the game. Womp :(
Does somebody live beneath you? If so, it'll likely be the bass pedal banging on the floor. It's by far the loudest part and the only reason I don't play drums in my flat.

robotrock

Banned
I wish Harmonix put out a ridiculously comprehensive FAQ that answered all of my questions regarding exports and delisted DLC before launching the game on October 6th

Hey PS4 players who successfully downloaded Rock Band Blitz tracks on Rock Band 4: could you please check your PS3 purchase history and see if there's a record of the export there or in the download list?

I did the export on my PS3 last week after hearing a bunch of people say they were able to download the songs individually on their PS4. I couldn't find any way to replicate this success, but I just noticed my PS3's PSN had an update.

I wonder if Blitz completed the export locally to my PS3 HDD, but didn't sync to my account history/download history, thus hindering my ability to download them for RB4. If someone could take a moment to confirm they have such a record, this may be the issue with Blitz' export for some people.

I don't really know how likely this is, but it at least seems plausible.

Does somebody live beneath you? If so, it'll likely be the bass pedal banging on the floor. It's by far the loudest part and the only reason I don't play drums in my flat.

Yeah, unfortunately. I'm on the 2nd floor. They claimed that their ceiling was shaking heavily. I'm going to apologize to them in person tonight I think.

I live with just my girlfriend and we're both relatively quiet adult tenants, but this single instance apparently had the building president threaten eviction proceedings if they get any more complaints.

A little over 200 songs that were never packaged as normal DLC and 54 that were never available digitally before have to be worked on. I wouldn't worry about it.

Still, I just keep getting more sour about it the more time passes. Just a few days before launch, Harmonix essentially cut my expected setlist for this in half. And they've been annoyingly quiet about it since then.

I'm enjoying the game. I just feel like I got sold a promise, rather than an experience.

Still, I just keep getting more sour about it the more time passes. Just a few days before launch, Harmonix essentially cut my expected setlist for this in half. And they've been annoyingly quiet about it since then.

I'm enjoying the game. I just feel like I got sold a promise, rather than an experience.

I was under the impression that Harmonix had made it clear for some time that old DLC/Exports would be rolled out in the weeks after launch, and they just stressed this before the game came out. Did they ever state all songs would be available day one?

Yeah, unfortunately. I'm on the 2nd floor. They claimed that their ceiling was shaking heavily. I'm going to apologize to them in person tonight I think.

I live with just my girlfriend and we're both relatively quiet adult tenants, but this single instance apparently had the building president threaten eviction proceedings if they get any more complaints.

I remember having that issue a while ago as well when I lived on the second floor. I ended up buying and cutting up some cheap foam mattress pad thingy to place under my drum set when playing (I never got a complaint after that, so I guess it helped?). It's probably still risky though.

After my lease expired, I ended up placing a first floor apartment higher on my priority list though, and it was largely because of Rock Band, lol. Have only lived on the first floor since, heh.

Their pricing for peripherals this time around has been pretty high, wouldn't be surprised if the guitar and drums are both priced at $80-$90 dollars.

I remember having that issue a while ago as well when I lived on the second floor. I ended up buying and cutting up some cheap foam mattress pad thingy to place under my drum set when playing (I never got a complaint after that, so I guess it helped?). It's probably still risky though.

After my lease expired, I ended up placing a first floor apartment higher on my priority list though, and it was largely because of Rock Band, lol. Have only lived on the first floor since, heh.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to stick with guitar or other games in the meantime, a little Rock Band drumming/singing isn't worth getting kicked out of my building. I have drumssh pads on the kit, but the bass pedal is definitely the culprit. Also didn't help that my friends and I were singing fairly loudly.

Did they ever state all songs would be available day one?

Pretty sure they only promised to have 1500 dlc tracks available for launch, which they actually delivered. They never promised exports at launch, but of course it made sense to emphasize that exports would transfer to RB4.

I was under the impression that Harmonix had made it clear for some time that old DLC/Exports would be rolled out in the weeks after launch, and they just stressed this before the game came out. Did they ever state all songs would be available day one?

My experience was that they brought up exports mutliple time in the pre-release conversation. Only in the weekend before launch (during a stream) did they mention that the feature wouldn't be ready for release.

I had no reason to expect the export feature to not be available at launch. They didn't specify that the feature would work day one, because that should be assumed. If I'm promoting a game, I shouldn't ever need to say 'everything I just mentioned will be available day one'.
It's understandable that things happen, and features get shifted around. But Harmonix needs to be a bit more transparent & apologetic about this. Just give an estimated date, and acknowledge that this is a problem.

MattyG

Banned
So I'm about to buy the band bundle. What's the deal with importing racks from 1-3? Can I buy cheap copies for PS3 and import the tracklists to 4, or no?

Edit: nevermind, I think I found the answer in the OP. Sorry!

So wait, if I buy the RB1 disc and buy this export key, I'll be able to bring the songs to RB4?

Got my Legacy Adapter today from Amazon. The wife and I did some testing.

Les Paul - was detected by adapter but did not show up in game! This one works perfectly on 360 so I suspect a problem with the adapter or Xbone. Software issue, I bet.

GH5 Guitar (Red and white) - Detected by adapter and in game. Everything works, including tilt for starpower.

GH Warriors of Rock Guitar - Detected by adapter and in game. Everything works, including tilt for starpower.

RB3 Strat - Detected by adapter and in game. Everything works, including tilt for starpower. Also, the solo buttons work for .... solos!

RB3 Drumset: Detected by adapter and in game. Everything works, including cymbals. No option to choose only 2 cymbals if that floats your boat.

Since only my wife was around we were only able to test two instruments at a time and we successfully tested 2 guitars at a time and 1 Guitar and 1 Drum.

Calibration was done with the RB4 guitar and we didn't have to make any changes for the Legacy instruments. On my particular system, both settings were right at 100ms.

It does indeed "work" on PSN, but it only downloads four of the included songs.

I wonder if this is an isolated incident. I downloaded the Queen pack and it seems all the songs are there (I think I'm only missing 'We Will Rock You' and 'Death on Two Legs' which were part of exports). I know the first few days I couldn't even download it.

I'll look closer again in a second to be 100% on that.

EDIT: Okay so it downloaded most of the pack -- One Vision, I Want to Break Free, and I Want It All didn't download. So it's partially fixed>?

Fix Queen Pack 01 on PS4 please!

Yeah I only got half of Queen Pack 01, and I bought The Doors Greatest Hits but it's not free for PS4. Submitted tickets for both but haven't heard anything. I'd have to imagine entitlement issues would be have to be resolved on Sony's end though.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

There are people who have built platforms for their drums to absorb the vibrations from stomping on the pedal. Tennis balls sandwiched between two sheets of plywood was one of the more effective types.

banjo5150

Hey PS4 players who successfully downloaded Rock Band Blitz tracks on Rock Band 4: could you please check your PS3 purchase history and see if there's a record of the export there or in the download list?

I did the export on my PS3 last week after hearing a bunch of people say they were able to download the songs individually on their PS4. I couldn't find any way to replicate this success, but I just noticed my PS3's PSN had an update.

I wonder if Blitz completed the export locally to my PS3 HDD, but didn't sync to my account history/download history, thus hindering my ability to download them for RB4. If someone could take a moment to confirm they have such a record, this may be the issue with Blitz' export for some people.

I don't really know how likely this is, but it at least seems plausible.

I did everything you stated last Friday and same result. They are not allowing me to import into RB4. Anybody have any idea? Thanks

I did everything you stated last Friday and same result. They are not allowing me to import into RB4. Anybody have any idea? Thanks

You exported to PS3 last week?

How? Everytime I load it up on PS3 and try to download soundtrack it goes to PSN and there is nothing there to download!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I wish the Xbox 360 Wireless Guitar hero world tour drums worked on the xbox one version :(

They do work... as a MIDI adapter. Because of that they're the only(?) way to use decent drums on Xbone. Too bad they're expensive AF.

btkadams

Do I need a functioning PS3 to be able to import the blitz soundtrack into 4? I just turned mine on and it can't find the hard drive... :/

I did already buy Blitz years ago.

Yaari

image.php

Just want to say thanks to everyone that offered me help with the RB2 export. Special thanks to Skiptastic who managed to get it done for me. I wasn't sure it was going to happen at all anymore, but he managed to pull it off, so I am very happy with that.

Today I got my Rock Band Legacy Adapter and used it on my Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar!

I've had some unusual sensitivity for Overdrive activation, but that might be because the thing is old. It's old but man it's such a great guitar. Way better than the Rock Band 4 Guitar.

#TeamClick

I prefer the Rock Band guitars. The quieter strum bar and buttons are great, but I love the flat fret board without the buttons sticking out. I find it much easier to do HOPOs with it compared to the GH guitars.

Sooooo, I'm really terrible at drums, mostly because of the kick drum. Any tips for a beginnner?

Practice. Lots of practice.

Top Bottom