• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

bobohoro

I think I'm already done with RB4 and might go back to 3 for the time.
Is there seriously no score seperation for instruments? The way I used to play this game was to scroll my way through my library, working on my scores to get them up to 5/gold stars and alternating between guitar, bass and pro drums. Now all I ever see in my library is my best score across all instruments, doesn't matter what I'm currently playing.

This is fucking dumb.

Well, at least my World Tour guitar worked for a bit, albeit wonky at times. Curious I tried replugging my tongle and to no surprise it stopped working again. Oh well.

Rock Band 4 already feels like my biggest gaming disappointment in 2015.

Kolma

If you had the songs in RB3, you don't need to, you can just download them on your Xbone.

This ^

Also for some reason I had already downloaded Foo Fighters - These Days...
I wonder if I accidentally double dipped on that song somehow..

*edit
YEP
"These Days" - Foo Fighters 6/23/2014
Why would I rebuy a song I already owned.... (Bought blitz at launch)
Guess it didn't show in RB3 music store that it was purchased or in Library :|
Oh well It was at least during that time when I had microsft points galore from various promotions with nothing to spend it on.

Downloaded everything on the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack. Glad this got up, though its' weird how this just feels like a workaround. Hopefully the disc exports won't appear in a similar manner (though I am now setting my expectations for exactly that).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I managed to snag an order for the mic yesterday, but today these links are dead. Even when trying to get to the item page from my order, it comes up 404. Who knows if my order will even be honored, but it's still on my account for now.

I guess they weren't suppose to be up yet...oops

So I don't own Blitz and don't have a 360 anymore. Is there any option for me to purchase Blitz and have access to the soundtrack in RB4, or am I out of luck since I couldn't launch Blitz since I don't have a 360 anymore?

Can you just buy Blitz on the marketplace website?

Yeah, that's not an issue. What I'm trying to figure out is if I'd have to actually launch the game to get RB4 or the store to acknowledge that I own the game and can then download the songs, or if just purchasing it and having it listed as a purchased item would suffice.

So I don't own Blitz and don't have a 360 anymore. Is there any option for me to purchase Blitz and have access to the soundtrack in RB4, or am I out of luck since I couldn't launch Blitz since I don't have a 360 anymore?

Booting Blitz prompts the soundtrack export/download, so you might be out of luck.

It's hard to say how its' judging the ownership rights. When you launch Blitz, there's an in-game option to download the soundtrack to RB3. RB4 uses your account's purchase history to determine free legacy DLC, so its' either reading the ownership for Blitz - or that RB3 DLC export.

To play it safe, I'd say you probably need a 360 to activate the RB4 DLC. But somebody should find out.

Booting Blitz prompts the soundtrack export/download, so you might be out of luck.

That's what I was afraid of.

It's hard to say how its' judging the ownership rights. When you launch Blitz, there's an in-game option to download the soundtrack to RB3. RB4 uses your account's purchase history to determine free legacy DLC, so its' either reading the ownership for Blitz - or that RB3 DLC export.

To play it safe, I'd say you probably need a 360 to activate the RB4 DLC. But somebody should find out.

Thanks. I guess it's just wait and see if someone else is the guinea pig at this point.

MattyG

Banned
Anyone else having issues with the PSN store? I'm trying to buy songs and I keep getting an error. I'm using the webstore, so maybe I should try the one on the console.

Is there any way to add things to your cart in the in-game store? So far it seems like I have to buy every song in it's own transaction, and I don't really want to do that.

sugarless

Find the individual songs on the webstore. In-game pack purchases should tag the individual songs as purchased (unlike grandfathered pack purchases which are still being ironed out in that regard) so it's possible that while the pack download is still a wip, the song downloads are available. YMMV

Thanks. I did this and yeah, it only has the option to download the Bowie track pack 1 songs to a PS3. The PS4 option shows up for track pack 2 songs. If they are gonna update pack 1 in the next few days that's fine, but I do wish they would set the in-game store at least to warn you clearly about songs that are currently only PS3-compatible...

4KSPIFb.png

I looked at the list of messed up songs on reddit and didn't see the defones songs (the actual pack)

but mine is fucked and I cant download on ps4. am I the only one, then?

ps3 -> ps4 but heres my situation

I had blitz on ps3, for sure spent time with it, but I do not have access to the songs on ps4.

I dont have access to the ps3 anymore either, so if it's the same deal then you probably dont have access to the tracks

I'm having an issue with Live Forever by Oasis on Xbox One... In the RB4 song browser it shows up as Purchased. If I click on it to download it, it notifies me that it's already downloaded. Likewise, if I search for it on the console store it shows as already installed. However, if I go to manage Rock Band 4 in My Games & Apps, it's not actually there. Help?

ETA: Searched some more and it looks like other people are having the same issue with this specific song. Hmm.

I'm having an issue with Live Forever by Oasis on Xbox One... In the RB4 song browser it shows up as Purchased. If I click on it to download it, it notifies me that it's already downloaded. Likewise, if I search for it on the console store it shows as already installed. However, if I go to manage Rock Band 4 in My Games & Apps, it's not actually there. Help?

That song's been having issues. People downloading it have found to be Hit Me With Your Best Shot. It sounds like they're working on that particular issue.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

ETA: Searched some more and it looks like other people are having the same issue with this specific song. Hmm.

it downloads as hit me with your best shot, hopefully it gets taken care of D:

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So we have around 1400 songs up on EU PSN now, and I'm still missing around 40% of my legacy DLC. Guess I chose the wrong tunes lol.

opoth

Banned
Downloaded everything on the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack. Glad this got up, though its' weird how this just feels like a workaround. Hopefully the disc exports won't appear in a similar manner (though I am now setting my expectations for exactly that).

I have a feeling based on this, the first exports we will get are things that are already in the store, ie. the Green Day export, track pack exports, preorder packs, essentially the easy stuff that is just a matter of them sorting out your existing entitlements.

Once the "packs" section is populated in the RB4 store that's probably when you'll start seeing the full game exports and hopefully in full pack form instead of individual songs.

CS_Dan

I see. I didn't see them show up in the downloads list at all. I did try rebuilding cache. I also can't find where to trigger my pending downloads... I'll have another look. Thanks for the advice.

Now that I found the pack on the store webpage, it says only playable on PS3. Does this mean that the RB4 PS4 interface allows me to see songs and let me buy them even though they're not playable, cos that really sucks. Hope this pack is updated soon...

If you're in the EU, odds are that the songs/pack aren't available for download yet on PS4. They're going up extremely slowly.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, the ingame store doesn't let me buy anything that isn't available for PS4 from the EU store. Whenever I click on something that's PS3 only it takes me to a "not available" site.

Help. I've only had the game for a day and I'm buying $30 worth of DLC. Oh my god, I NEED IT ALL GIVE ME ALL THE SONGS.
image.php

The real Rock Band starts here.

MattyG

Banned
Help. I've only had the game for a day and I'm buying $30 worth of DLC. Oh my god, I NEED IT ALL GIVE ME ALL THE SONGS.

evanmisha

ATTENTION CANADIAN MEMBERS OF ROCK BAND GAF

I was successfully able to convince Amazon.ca support to give me a code for the Amazon.com pre-order bonus track pack. That is the 30 songs available from pre-ordering at EB Games and the 4 that went up as DLC today. Try contacting Amazon.ca and tell them to contact the Marketing and Promotions team. Good luck!

Also, upon redeeming the code this morning, I was able to download and install all 34 songs. No errors.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So has someone tried this Blitz business on PS4 in Europe yet? I have the rights, but the songs still show up for 1.49€ a pop on the webstore (haven't tried the in-game store yet).

Ordered a used PS3 guitar online when it arrived wasn't the one I ordered and didn't have the dongle

Ordered a new Band Hero bundle for PS3, got the game without the instruments

Seems like fate doesn't want me to be able to play Rock Band 4 without spending over 170 euro...so guess I won't be getting it

I'm sure it's been answered, and I'm sorry for asking it again, but has anyone been able to download the free 30 songs from the internal Rock Band bands?

From this list here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/A2HZ79VV0V/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They aren't showing up in my library, and if i go into the store and try to download them it says "There was a problem completing your purchase. Please try again later."

It's been saying this since launch.
They work for me on Xbone, US.

MattyG

Banned
Ahhhh, my PS3 won't load the PS store (it keeps freezing) and the web store won't let me check out. I need to buy the RB1 export pass.

So Blitz works to export? The game is only £8.99 on UK PSN, so would be worth buying it to get the songs from it! Cult of Personality was in that game right?

Can't wait to download Blitz when I get home.

Is it a full pack download or do I have to comb through the store again picking the songs out one by one?

I was successfully able to convince Amazon.ca support to give me a code for the Amazon.com pre-order bonus track pack. That is the 30 songs available from pre-ordering at EB Games and the 4 that went up as DLC today. Try contacting Amazon.ca and tell them to contact the Marketing and Promotions team. Good luck!

Also, upon redeeming the code this morning, I was able to download and install all 34 songs. No errors.

think they'd give me one for buying the adapter and no game?

Can't wait to download Blitz when I get home.

Is it a full pack download or do I have to comb through the store again picking the songs out one by one?

Brick by Brick

So "Follow Me Down" was released to the general public today. Any chance that means it was fixed so if I redownload it I won't just get another copy of Jane again instead?

Megatron

This ^

Also for some reason I had already downloaded Foo Fighters - These Days...
I wonder if I accidentally double dipped on that song somehow..

*edit
YEP
"These Days" - Foo Fighters 6/23/2014
Why would I rebuy a song I already owned.... (Bought blitz at launch)
Guess it didn't show in RB3 music store that it was purchased or in Library :|
Oh well It was at least during that time when I had microsft points galore from various promotions with nothing to spend it on.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I did the same thing.

Did you ever receive your Green Day: Rock Band copy and if so, any luck redeeming your code?

MattyG

Banned
So I bought the RB1 Export thing on PS3, how do I get the songs on PS4? I was told I don't need a disc, but I don't see any of the songs in my download list.

Also, I accidentally hit download on an already installed song and it started downloading again. Is that supposed to happen?

Goddammit, and I bought A Little Less Sixteen Candles... by Fall Out Boy. The store page says "purchased" but I can't download it and it's not in my library.

A lot of my RB:Blitz songs are just ready to download in the store today. Not all of them, but probably 80% of them.

I was just scanning the store in-game and found a bunch of 'purchased' but not 'in-library' titles.

For the record, my 360 is dead and I haven't played Blitz since like a month after it came out.

evanmisha

So I bought the RB1 Export thing on PS3, how do I get the songs on PS4? I was told I don't need a disc, but I don't see any of the songs in my download list.

Also, I accidentally hit download on an already installed song and it started downloading again. Is that supposed to happen?

The export isn't up yet. Just wait along with everyone else.

As for the redownload, happens all the time. It's nothing to be concerned with.

I was gonna buy a RB2 guitar from a guy but today he tells me it's broken... it's hard to find rock band guitars at all in europe. So stupid that they didn't release a standalone guitar when the game released. So fucking expensive in sweden too, like $200 for just the game+guitar..

I have the game and lots of dlc already, I just wanna play the game man :/

Top Bottom