• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I've got to say, while I'm not sold on freestyle solos yet, I'm definitely sold on their influence on the setlist. There are solos galore in this game, and not bullshit solos like that one in "Precious" by The Pretenders. I'm talking honest to god, proper guitar solos. They're an arbitrary, unimportant feature since the first RB and the game would easily function without them but at the same time they're just so, so good. Train Kept A Rollin', Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight and Hangar 18 used to be anomalies with the amount they had, now they'd fit in perfectly with this game.

I've got to say, while I'm not sold on freestyle solos yet, I'm definitely sold on their influence on the setlist. There are solos galore in this game, and not bullshit solos like that one in "Precious" by The Pretenders. I'm talking honest to god, proper guitar solos. They're an arbitrary, unimportant feature since the first RB and the game would easily function without them but at the same time they're just so, so good. Train Kept A Rollin', Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight and Hangar 18 used to be anomalies with the amount they had, now they'd fit in perfectly with this game.

I think it's Carry On My Wayward Son that has like 5 guitar solos to itself.

It works! Got to the point where it says 'input the code from the back of the manual', but instead of getting a text box, it took me straight to purchase the export pack itself. Paid, and done! Woot

Awesome! I checked my download history and never saw a Green Day entitlement so I don't think mine ever went through. Xbox platform, went into RB3's store, redeemed my code there and got nothing.

I'll give it another go to see if maybe I put it in wrong.

Hmmmmmmm....I clicked on previously redeemed codes and all I saw was the Rock Band 2 export, however, upon clicking it, it shows me the Green Day Export listing.

Edit: Yeah, I think the download/export is dead on 360. Last option seems to be trying it in Green Day itself and I'd rather not be burned...

evanmisha

Looks like my Blitz entitlements got wiped? The songs are showing up for sale again in the store, even though they're in my library.

Kolma

Looks like my Blitz entitlements got wiped? The songs are showing up for sale again in the store, even though they're in my library.

Music store resets all the time for me.
Download a legacy song that says 1.99, see it change to in library, back out, go back in, back at 1.99.

They really need to fix it.

evanmisha

Music store resets all the time for me.
Download a legacy song that says 1.99, see it change to in library, back out, go back in, back at 1.99.

They really need to fix it.

With the delisted tracks I've gotten, including Rock 'n' Roll Star, I honestly ain't even mad. Like, you guys take your time. Keep doing what you're doing. Just accidentally put up Monsoon next plz

Kolma

With the delisted tracks I've gotten, including Rock 'n' Roll Star, I honestly ain't even mad. Like, you guys take your time. Keep doing what you're doing. Just accidentally put up Monsoon next plz

I better get my Rock n Roll Star from my EU update pack.

So you just bought the game today? If so I will hold off as I was just about to do that....

Nope, had the game since day 1. I don't know if I just have to put in RB1 and see the songs magically become free to download or what. Haven't tried that but will do so later, as of what I last tried, getting into RB Blitz prompted me with nothing but a pre-order RB4 today message lol.

IconGrist

I mainly play drums but didn't want to use the stock kit. Any news on an e-drum kit for RB4? I had IONS for 3 but they were broken during a move (still pissed about it).

Ah, wish I had bought Rock n Roll star while it was on sale then :p Only bought the pack and thought that was all there was. If only there was an easier way to browse dlc......

Is there a list of such songs? I was planning on scrolling through rb3 to tell what to look for in rb4 music store.

This might be easier:

Go to the xboxlive website and find your old purchases for game add ons.

Copy the entire list and dump it into excel. Sort Alphabetically.

All of Rock Band's Singles start with quotation marks, so they'll be sorted to the top automatically.

Then you have to go through and prune away the rest of your DLC that isn't related to rock band. Unfortunately, while songs have quotes around them, song packs do not, but they all have a 01 or 02 or 03 at the end of them, so they're still easy to spot.

This will give you a list of all the songs you bought previously for RB.

FyreWulff

Is there a list of such songs? I was planning on scrolling through rb3 to tell what to look for in rb4 music store.

Hier Kommt Alex and Rock and Roll star are still blocked in RB3 and Blitz. HKA has since been pulled entirely from the store.

Dani California and Black Hole Sun (RB1 exports) were originally blocked from being played in RB3, but Harmonix was able to patch in these songs being playable for RB3 after Activision killed off their RHCP and Soundgarden contracts.

This is if you were asking what songs obtainable via RB1/2 were blocked by RB3 from being loaded, anyway.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'll ask again: does the Blitz "export" work for anyone in the EU on PS4? Shouldn't it by now? I checked, I can play them in 3, but they charge me 1.49€ per song on the store. Cache cleared and everything.

Kolma

Hier Kommt Alex and Rock and Roll star are still blocked in RB3 and Blitz. HKA has since been pulled entirely from the store.

Dani California and Black Hole Sun (RB1 exports) were originally blocked from being played in RB3, but Harmonix was able to patch in these songs being playable for RB3 after Activision killed off their RHCP and Soundgarden contracts.

This is if you were asking what songs obtainable via RB1/2 were blocked by RB3 from being loaded, anyway.

That update is what killed some RB1 songs from working on RB3 which is why the EU update pack exists.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/14602/fix-available-for-europeans-affected-by-latest-rb3-patch/

This is why I want this Pack to get fixed to work in RB4.
It made it easy to get a lot of songs some of which were delisted :(

*edit

Just checked my copy of RB3 and It's kinda funny.
The songs supposed to be in the pack include Beettlebum, Hysteria, Manu Chao, L’Aventurier, New Wave, Perfekte Welle, Rock and Roll Star, and Countdown to Insanity (according to Rock Band Aide)

However I still don't have Rock and Roll Star on RB3. also when highlighting any song and hitting delete, it tells me it would delete 8 songs.

Either way.. don't want to lose this pack, even though I have Hysteria otherwise.. and I really only want to get Rock and Roll Star from it which is currently purchasable anyways...

Side note. I had my 360 controller synced to legacy adapter for testing purposes, and while it instantly turns the controller off. It does still turn on the console.

MattyG

Banned
I just cannot keep the kick pedal down and then bounce my leg to hit it when a new note comes. I did it once and then every other time I have to hit it with my ankle and foot and push it down and then come back up after I hit the notes. Trying to keep it down and time my leg coming up and back down to hit the note almost feels like trying to hit an extra note.

Also, I tried getting a RB2 code from EA, no dice. They said to contact Harmonix, which I doubt would work either.

Yaari

I just cannot keep the kick pedal down and then bounce my leg to hit it when a new note comes. I did it once and then every other time I have to hit it with my ankle and foot and push it down and then come back up after I hit the notes. Trying to keep it down and time my leg coming up and back down to hit the note almost feels like trying to hit an extra note.

Also, I tried getting a RB2 code from EA, no dice. They said to contact Harmonix, which I doubt would work either.

Are you on 360 or PS3?

Kolma

When you are tapping your hand to the beat of a song, do you have your hand resting on the table/lap or are you holding it in the air waiting for that beat?

Same principle. Don't think about the lifting of the leg, just think about the placing it down on the beat.

I know it's a little bit backwards thinking from the way your hands work when Drumming. but it's pretty damn essential to learn to play foot down/heel up if you want to advance in drumming/difficulty.

Kolma

Hey does anyone in Europe want to try contacting Harmonix to see if it is still possible to get EU update pack codes?

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/dis...ornia-bug-x360-missing-eu-songs-post-patch/p1

hmxhenrysaid:
Hey all. I'll post replies to a few questions below but wanted to post next steps first so people can link to them and quote them cleanly without a bunch of non essential background info attached.

Affected users (i.e. EU 360 players that imported RB1 into RB3, downloaded the newest title update and then found that several songs from RB1 import were no longer available) can submit a ticket via our support portal for a DLC code that will reintroduce the missing songs.

Please make sure the subject line of the email reads: Dani California Bug (X360) - Missing EU songs post patch

Also, please include your name, your gamertag and your country in the body of the email. We'll reply with a code as soon as possible so you can get these 8 songs back in your library.

We'll be passing along this next step to members of our Facebook and Twitter community as well, but feel free to pass it along to other affected users you know or cross post on relevant message boards and EU community sites.

This is from 2011... but maybe they still have codes available?
remember this is meant for RB1 to RB3 exports. No idea if it will carry over to RB4 or if they will just fix the RB1 export for RB4 when that happens.

MattyG

Banned
Are you on 360 or PS3?
PS3.

When you are tapping your hand to the beat of a song, do you have your hand resting on the table/lap or are you holding it in the air waiting for that beat?

Same principle. Don't think about the lifting of the leg, just think about the placing it down on the beat.

I know it's a little bit backwards thinking from the way your hands work when Drumming. but it's pretty damn essential to learn to play foot down/heel up if you want to advance in drumming/difficulty.
Alright, I'll try it again thinking of it that way. It's probably gonna take long time, but like you said I need to do it to advance.

Stubo

Skimming through this thread is making me a bit concerned...

I wish the Xbox 360 Wireless Guitar hero world tour drums worked on the xbox one version :(

They do work... as a MIDI adapter. Because of that they're the only(?) way to use decent drums on Xbone. Too bad they're expensive AF.

They don't? I thought they were compatible? Theyre listed in the compatibility chart
What's the deal with this? I have the GH3 guitar and the full band set from GH: World Tour for 360. From everything I've read the guitars and mic are fine but are the drums going to have issues with my Xbox One?

Well, Rock Band has currently fucked up my Xbox One in a real way.

I queued some DLC to download from the music store, not a big thing. Game gets hung up, crashes, and i need to power down the system.

Now, i have about 30 songs in queue, but everytime i boot up my console, only one song will download, the next song gets hung-up, and i have to shut my system down in order for a song to download again. Also, cant cancel any downloads, cant access tbe manage game function, and i cant boot the game.

What a merry time!
This also sounds like a delight.

I was planning on picking up the legacy adapter bundle when it comes back into stock on Amazon UK but I'm having second thoughts after reading all of this.

Where can I find tips/lessons/theory on this heel/toe/ankle bass drum control? I have a feeling I'm not doing something right and may be damaging my ankle how I play. Thanks!

Amazon 4-pack / today's DLC still not in the in-game music store on X1?

Was hoping that would help Follow Me Down work on my console instead of being Jane.

Alright, I'm having another issue besides my legacy drums.

All of a sudden my Warriors of Rock PS3 Guitar Hero guitar disconnects constantly while playing RB4. I got scared and booted up RB3 on PS3 with the guitar and it worked just fine. Does the game not like that guitar anymore? Anyone else having this issue?

bobohoro

I was gonna buy a RB2 guitar from a guy but today he tells me it's broken... it's hard to find rock band guitars at all in europe. So stupid that they didn't release a standalone guitar when the game released. So fucking expensive in sweden too, like $200 for just the game+guitar..

I have the game and lots of dlc already, I just wanna play the game man :/

My World Tour Guitar died today (an hour after the dongle finally started working, yay) and now I'm also looking for a guitar. But there is nothing to get, really, standalone instruments are nowhere to be found and most bundles come used from some small online shops. And I don't want to gamble another 80€ or so just to end up having to deal with broken used stuff.

All my tries to adjust to the Hofner bass failed. I'm doing way worse with that one, it's not even funny.

Where can I find tips/lessons/theory on this heel/toe/ankle bass drum control? I have a feeling I'm not doing something right and may be damaging my ankle how I play. Thanks!

There really isn't much you can do wrong. Get your heel up, press with the balls of your foot, use your whole leg. Wear some shoes as well.

There are also loads of teaching videos on youtube and free instructions online (at least last time I checked a couple years ago).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, enough store fuckery for me today, I'm getting a headache. I booted up Blitz again, it prompted me to download the songs again. Did it, went to the PS4 EU store, now it doesn't show me a price for any songs at all, only at checkout it says - 1.49€. Except for Jungle Boogie. Which I can't download because it's not up yet. wat

Just a random tip: if you want songs to practice HOPOs on, get Blue Sky by Allman Brothers as well as Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. Shit, like 90% of Landslide is HOPO. And it is awesome for it.

Alright, I'm having another issue besides my legacy drums.

All of a sudden my Warriors of Rock PS3 Guitar Hero guitar disconnects constantly while playing RB4. I got scared and booted up RB3 on PS3 with the guitar and it worked just fine. Does the game not like that guitar anymore? Anyone else having this issue?

Used my WoR PS3 guitar last night for about 2 hours with no issues.

Just booted up Blitz on the PS3 and it no longer asks me to download the soundtrack. All last week and weekend it would offer me to download it and then go to PSN and then simply not work. This time it didn't even prompt.

:\

Just found this basic bass drum technique video

http://youtu.be/9tt89BSW0uQ

Also search Jared Falk on YouTube for more in depth technique videos. While I had basics down already I was using a mixture of techniques and not staying consistent or in control. Hopefully this helps somebody!

Okay, enough store fuckery for me today, I'm getting a headache. I booted up Blitz again, it prompted me to download the songs again. Did it, went to the PS4 EU store, now it doesn't show me a price for any songs at all, only at checkout it says - 1.49€. Except for Jungle Boogie. Which I can't download because it's not up yet. wat

You were able to download on ps3 today in EU?

Top Bottom