• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Anyone on PS4 feel like adding me? I have one friend who plays rock band 4 ):
I like seeing peoples high score on the news feed menu on the PS4, and as well as the leaderboards! I'd also like to see what you all have in your DLC library d:

PSN: IceDoesntHelp

ryseing

Trainwreck 1979 is such a fun song to play. god damn, I want more DFA.

It's so much damned fun.

I'll add you once I get back to my PS4. PSN is bmc811.

Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and update my guitar firmware. Been holding off since I don't have a PC and have to resort to looking like an idiot and bringing in the guitar to the library. I missed a shitload of notes I should have hit in my tour session, so looking like an idiot it is.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
anyone done drum silencers for the rock band 4 set yet?

Drum silencers are a dead end. Mesh heads are quiet and perform a hell of a lot better. GoodWoodMods shut down, though. There's still stock on Ebay for around the same price but I have no idea if they're compatible with the new set.

You use that in Rockband or IRL?

Just Rock Band. It requires third-party hardware called KickBox or KickWire (KickBox is older and discontinued but is what I have. Kickwire is $27.) to work with RB drum controllers.

Drum silencers are a dead end. Mesh heads are quiet and perform a hell of a lot better. GoodWoodMods shut down, though. There's still stock on Ebay for around the same price but I have no idea if they're compatible with the new set.

So the Neoprene mouse pad method is a goner? I was just getting ready to stop my a michaels or something after work....

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So the Neoprene mouse pad method is a goner? I was just getting ready to stop my a michaels or something after work....

I've tried foam, gum rubber... you name it. You're going to lose sensitivity, a lot or a little depending on material and thickness. On some controllers that might be a good thing. I wouldn't go down that road again myself. Mesh heads are the best of all worlds. Quiet, best responsiveness, best rebound.
If you go the silencer route just don't spend a lot.

I was wondering what that song was about. I can't believe being Canadian, and only 45 minutes away from Mississauga, I haven't ever heard of this.

Yeah, when the song first came out, it took me a couple of weeks to understand what the hell it was about. My mom kept this special edition Toronto Sun from 1979 that covered the events, that's how I knew about it.

Anyone on PS4 feel like adding me? I have one friend who plays rock band 4 ):
I like seeing peoples high score on the news feed menu on the PS4, and as well as the leaderboards! I'd also like to see what you all have in your DLC library d:

PSN: IceDoesntHelp

I'll add you, I only have one friend playing Rock Band too :p

Megatron

I thought the $.99 sale was over? I just logged into RB3 on the 360 to see if Huey Lewis was available as a 3 pack (it is) and saw the sale still going on. I had been kind of bummed that I didn't take more advantage of it as I was downloading my songs into RB4. Since I had another chance at it, I spent a reckless amount of money atoning for that mistake. (US gamer here)

I thought the $.99 sale was over? I just logged into RB3 on the 360 to see if Huey Lewis was available as a 3 pack (it is) and saw the sale still going on. I had been kind of bummed that I didn't take more advantage of it as I was downloading my songs into RB4. Since I had another chance at it, I spent a reckless amount of money atoning for that mistake. (US gamer here)
RB DLC was still .99 when I went nuts yesterday. RB3 DLC was full price though

Apoc29

Fun fact. Trainwreck 1979 is about my home town. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Mississauga_train_derailment

And I would love to have Romantic Rights, Little Girl, Black History Month, Going Steady....pretty much all of their first album.

Shit man, I grew up there as well. We Canadians sure love to rock.

Anyway, finally got to play this damn game. Everything is pretty smooth so far; tested all instruments including my GH3 Les Paul via the legacy adapter.

Only major problem so far is the volume levels; I can hardly hear the vocals through the speakers even with the mic turned up and vocal track down. In RB3 the vocals came through quite clearly. Also the bass wasn't pumped up when playing it solo whereas RB3 would bring it to the forefront. I know Harmonix has a lot on their plate, but I hope this is on their radar at least.

I used www.xbox.com to buy mine. Much easier to use with the Wikipedia list of DLC and a searchable store. The PSN surely must have an equivalent web front?

Well, it does. But the tracks are back to $1.99. As I understand it, they're $1.99 on Xbone but cheaper on 360 (and apparently the webstore). I was just wondering if by chance there was a similar situation on PS3.

evanmisha

Another night, another restless sleep, fearing that Monsoon will accidentally be put up during the wee hours

also add me on psn too!! psn: evanmisha

I've put several hours into the band career mode by myself, and am two to three tours away from completing it. Do things get super long as you approach the end, with hour-long shows or anything like that?

sonto340

I bet there's a big white board at Harmonix that lists a bunch of planned features for this game with the deadline set to "BEFORE GUITAR HERO COMES OUT"
That was clearly their plan for the game itself.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and it's great to be playing rock band again, but it wish any of my dlc was working. Most of my favorite songs are in RB1/RB2

I actually can not stand the on disc setlist.

I will avoid playing it at all costs. If I get the chance I will play one of the DLC songs.
Speaking of which I'm excited to be aboard the train for the next 3 years of DLC (or so), and I hope we get some more artists that were more prominent on RBN.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just played the lightning bolt song. God. Awful. Never touching it again.

Also, I've played vocals, but never got a song with the tambourine part. I played a song that had it, and the amount of lag with the hits is awful! Wtf?

Gleethor

I feel like the U2 songs were barely mixed at all (almost definitely something mandated by the label/band themselves). I feel like the background instruments are louder than the guitar track while I'm playing guitar which is fucking terrible for keeping rhythm and making you feel like you're actually playing the song. I turned every audio setting all the way down except for instrument volume and it hardly changed I Will Follow's guitar volume at all.

Top Bottom