• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I actually can not stand the on disc setlist.

I will avoid playing it at all costs. If I get the chance I will play one of the DLC songs.
Speaking of which I'm excited to be aboard the train for the next 3 years of DLC (or so), and I hope we get some more artists that were more prominent on RBN.

the on disc is very poor compared to previous games.

will slowly build up a collection of songs befitting such a release.

mantis23

Anyone on Xbone with the latest beta dash update that was pushed last night? Curious if the instruments now register as controllers. Would be nice to finally be rid of the dimming issue.

So I heard that Last Resort by Papa Roach stealthily replaced the old awful-sounding version with a much better one for Rock Band 4.

Also, Follow Me Down is finally fixed this morning.

btkadams

No one else is able to download Coldplay songs, right? I purchased them years ago and they appear unavailable. I assume it's one of the glitched packs.

FyreWulff

That's why I don't sign up for dashboard betas anymore. The last one they did for 360 made it so you couldn't even use instruments. Dashboard, ingame, wherever.

MrNelson

Banned
So I heard that Last Resort by Papa Roach stealthily replaced the old awful-sounding version with a much better one for Rock Band 4.

Also, Follow Me Down is finally fixed this morning.
Are you sure? I've heard the same thing a few times before even back in RB3, but every time it's come up it has been debunked.

jond76

Banned
Are you sure? I've heard the same thing a few times before even back in RB3, but every time it's come up it has been debunked.

I think it was changed back during the RB3 days and not for the release of 4. It is definitely a different take. There was a huge outcry because when it was first released the first line went "Cut my life indu pieces" instead of "into".

It was a very noticeable pronunciation issue and a while later it was quietly swapped out.

I remember it well because people reactions cracked me up.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
I was gonna buy a RB2 guitar from a guy but today he tells me it's broken... it's hard to find rock band guitars at all in europe. So stupid that they didn't release a standalone guitar when the game released. So fucking expensive in sweden too, like $200 for just the game+guitar..

I have the game and lots of dlc already, I just wanna play the game man :/

If its the strumbar that is broken it can be fixed with the best strummer there is

http://www.bytearts.com/products/strum_fix_plus

Yaari gave me a shout out for helping him get the RB2 Export thing working, so it is only right I return the favor.

He generously gave me a code for the 30 song pre-order for RB4 in return. That is so awesome and I can't thank him enough. I was happy to help out and he was even more generous in his repayment, so don't let anyone tell you he's not a good dude.

(Plus, fun fact: while I was trying to help him get the Green Day Rock Band exported, I found a working Country Track Pack code, so I got even more free songs!)

So I finally got a response to the surround sound issue on Twitter...

rockband via twitter said:
you set surround at the console level and the game supports it. Let us know if you need help with this.

What... The... Hell...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Well Cartman's Poker Face went up in EU today, all is good.

The album Sempiternal is so much better than the radio rock trash that is This is the Spirit. Funny and sad cause Throne is probably the best song off the album.

I'll be sure to check it out but I really liked Throne and intended to pick up the new album. I'll maybe find a legal way to hear it first before I purchase it. Thanks!

Disappointing haul today from the UK PSN store, only the Yes pack. Which is still a good pack, but five extra songs are nothing compared to yesterday. Still waiting for a good few hundred before exports.

Also, is anyone having issues with the Queen Extravaganza 01? Can't seem to add it to my download list, although I seem to have We Are the Champions for some reason.

hodgy100

Disappointing haul today from the UK PSN store, only the Yes pack. Which is still a good pack, but five extra songs are nothing compared to yesterday. Still waiting for a good few hundred before exports.

Also, is anyone having issues with the Queen Extravaganza 01? Can't seem to add it to my download list, although I seem to have We Are the Champions for some reason.

the rate that the songs are going up at on the UK store is way too slow :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, the Blitz export on PS4 should now work for everyone in the EU (assuming you were able to download the soundtrack on PS3), the songs are available for download in the "My Add-Ons" menu on the Rock Band 4 tile.
I hope the other exports will work just as easily.

bigkurz

Banned
got some sass from the rockband Twitter today lol its ok I deserved it. They made a post about instrument emojis. My reply (and theirs) are below:

image.jpg

Hey, the Blitz export on PS4 should now work for everyone in the EU (assuming you were able to download the soundtrack on PS3), the songs are available for download in the "My Add-Ons" menu on the Rock Band 4 tile.

I still haven't been able to get it to work in the US! Lucky!

Stanng243

I'm still waiting for The Doors content. It's gone from available to purchase, to unavailable to purchase because I have The Doors Greatest Hits:Special Edition. Hopefully someday It will be available to download.

What exactly is your question/issue in regards to surround sound?

There is nothing coming out of the center, side, or rear speakers during game play. It's basically 2.1 sound, a departure from RB2 and RB3. It's not awful for guitar but trying to here the music on it, in an open room, while someone is banging on the plastic drums is.

I have to turn the volume much higher then I do with any other game on Xbox One.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
How are you EU players getting blitz to show up under my add ons? I have nothing there
Like I said, I did nothing more than boot up Blitz on PS3, it prompted me to download the soundtrack (a ~750mb file), and today it's there under "My Add-Ons" on PS4 (maybe check if you can play the songs in RB3 if you have it). I did try yesterday, and while Blitz prompted me a second time to download the songs, nothing showed up on PS4 then.
So maybe try if you get the download prompt in Blitz again? It should even work to just start the DL and cancel it.

Lucky you, I only have 79 songs appearing under the My Add-Ons section, I've got 400-odd in total.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky you, I only have 79 songs appearing under the My Add-Ons section, I've got 400-odd in total.
Yeah I also have ~300 songs, and only a fraction of that appears under My Add-Ons (although I've actually downloaded about 50% by now). But the Blitz tracks were suddenly there today.
I mean damn, I can't be the only one here? Maybe try downloading the soundtrack a second time? I found it weird that the game prompted me again yesterday, even though I already downloaded it before.

Storm360

Like I said, I did nothing more than boot up Blitz on PS3, it prompted me to download the soundtrack (a ~750mb file), and today it's there under "My Add-Ons" on PS4 (maybe check if you can play the songs in RB3 if you have it). I did try yesterday, and while Blitz prompted me a second time to download the songs, nothing showed up on PS4 then.
So maybe try if you get the download prompt in Blitz again? It should even work to just start the DL and cancel it.

Loaded up Blitz again, DL started but errored out but that seemed to have unlocked them in RB4

I'm still waiting for The Doors content. It's gone from available to purchase, to unavailable to purchase because I have The Doors Greatest Hits:Special Edition. Hopefully someday It will be available to download.

Same here, but before the singles for all the songs were available for purchase, now they're listed as unavailable.

I'm really curious about the process of unlocking these dlcs, cause its been a gradual process, does Harmonix change the price on them or does Sony?

Top Bottom