• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Neil_J_UK

This is annoying me now. I calibrate the game for guitar and it feels good. I play drums, it feels terrible, so I calibrate for drums and now guitar feels off. I can't find a calibration number that's good for both.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ninhead

Anyone having sound issues on XBO... it just occurred to me that if you're in the NXE, it doesn't output sound in 5.1. When you go to change the setting to it, it gives an error. That's probably the problem.

I read online that the RB3 cymbals work on the RB4 kit, is this true?

If it is, should I still bother getting the RB4 cymbals? Are they supposed to be better?

I would imagine they're a lot better. I love pro mode but after the frustration of having them drop notes after trying various fixes, I've been playing vanilla ever since.

Mr.Fusion

My Bandfuse cable came in today, and it works great with my Audio Technica XLR microphone. The Rocksmith cable produced too low of a volume. There's some lag, but that seems to be a problem with the game.

hodgy100

RB blitz worked for me (UK) up to 98 DLC songs now. must be missing another hundred in there somewhere. then there's my RB1, RB2, Lego and (eventually RB3) Exports i wonder if ill pass 600 in total.

GC71388

I've had it with NXE and have opted out. Rock Band 4 has all sorts of issues with it and I'm hoping it's better with the old dash. I've had several missing strums per song and it just simply does not register it. Not sure what the deal is but I hope it's not the guitar itself

TheGrue

Man, this track stuff is just such a cluster. I've been a huge Rock Band fan for so long, but this release is just really making me lose my interest. I'd exported the Green Day Rock Band to RB3 and I also bought 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot (the full albums) and yet when I go to the store, Miscrosoft is asking me to pay. Same with The Doors stuff...asks me for money when I know I bought them all. Add to it that it's really frustrating in general to download the tracks because half the time it will show a price of $1.99 when I know I bought it, but I can't quite remember everything I bought, so I basically have to go into songs that I might have bought to see if it asks me to pay. And really, I can't be sure that I didn't pay and it's not just asking me for the money anyway.

Think I may let this one sit for a while until they get this all sorted out. Also may just walk away since I've only sunk the price of the digital copy of RB4 and the 9.99 for the adapter.

jond76

Banned
Loving that Rockband is back. All my DLC is sorted, just waiting on disc exports. That will be a huge influx of songs. Can't wait.

Also excited to see how the platform evolves. And weekly DLC. Weeeeeeee!!!

wilflare

any PS3 to PS4 NA users?
I'm trying to get up to speed but I'm still kinda lost (read the last few pages)

(1) What's the 0.99 DLC sale about?
(2) Did anyone manage to find Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 and Rock Band Country Mega Pack?
(3) How are the instruments? Wondering whether to keep or sell my PS3 Beatles instruments (and upgrade? to the PS4 ones)

any PS3 to PS4 NA users?
I'm trying to get up to speed but I'm still kinda lost (read the last few pages)

(1) What's the 0.99 DLC sale about?
(2) Did anyone manage to find Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 and Rock Band Country Mega Pack?
(3) How are the instruments? Wondering whether to keep or sell my PS3 Beatles instruments (and upgrade? to the PS4 ones)

1) Sale is over
2) I bought a sealed copy (rock band track pack vol 2) last week, hoping it gets delivered tomorrow.
3) Don't know.

Hey, look at that-- all the Blitz DLC showed up under "my add-ons" under RB4 on the PS4 dash just like EU players discovered a few days ago (NA user here). Didn't even turn my PS3 on to try downloading the export again.

Slowly but surely stuff is getting fixed. Don't have the patience to scroll through the store to check other issues (and I'm sure I'll see someone post about Queen and The Doors DLC showing up once it's fixed, the two things I'm anticipating most) but I've got more than enough to play with anyway.

Hey, look at that-- all the Blitz DLC showed up under "my add-ons" under RB4 on the PS4 dash just like EU players discovered a few days ago (NA user here). Didn't even turn my PS3 on to try downloading the export again.

Slowly but surely stuff is getting fixed. Don't have the patience to scroll through the store to check other issues (and I'm sure I'll see someone post about Queen and The Doors DLC showing up once it's fixed, the two things I'm anticipating most) but I've got more than enough to play with anyway.

You HAVE downloaded the soundtrack before or you never manged to on PS3?

What?? I may have to check there tomorrow. What did you get?
It was Track Pack Volume 2. Yesterday it was the Country Track Pack. I almost had the Classic Rock one too but no manual. Shucks.

You can see if your store has a copy online. Then it is whether a manual is still there to see if you're lucky.

It was Track Pack Volume 2. Yesterday it was the Country Track Pack. I almost had the Classic Rock one too but no manual. Shucks.

You can see if your store has a copy online. Then it is whether a manual is still there to see if you're lucky.

Already bought a sealed copy of track pack vol 2 online. I'll still check Gamestop for others though.

wilflare

1) Sale is over
2) I bought a sealed copy (rock band track pack vol 2) last week, hoping it gets delivered tomorrow.
3) Don't know.

thanks! eh

(1) what was the sale about? man I should have checked the thread more closely? all songs at 0.99 or some upgrade offer or what?
(2) hmm where did you get it? I'm still missing some as well :/ and the Mega Country Pack I think

EDIT: probably harder for PlayStation gamers :/

thanks! eh

(1) what was the sale about? man I should have checked the thread more closely? all songs at 0.99 or some upgrade offer or what?
(2) hmm where did you get it? I'm still missing some as well :/ and the Mega Country Pack I think

1) lots of songs for $.99
2) ebay

I combed through the store again, but this time with my up to date DLCQuickplay account open and I got to find things that fell through the cracks and wishlist what still isn't working. Some of the usual suspects still aren't working like the trackpacks, but there were some oddities that stood out that I am forgetting at the moment. I'm pushing over 500 tracks in Rock Band 4 now!

I don't look forward to firing up Rock Band 3 to record everything I own, though. Ick.

RetroMG

Thinking about picking this up on Friday, but debating between the Guitar and the Band in a box. Can the drums be disassembled or folded in any way for easy storage?

evanmisha

Yeah so I have no idea why, but I was just able to get I Still Believe by Frank Turner for free on my NA PS4. Just wandered past it in the in-game store and it was marked as free even though I'd never previously bought it. Huh.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah so I have no idea why, but I was just able to get I Still Believe by Frank Turner for free on my NA PS4. Just wandered past it in the in-game store and it was marked as free even though I'd never previously bought it. Huh.

It was a free promotional song when Rock band 4 was announced.

wilflare

They're not up yet. Expect hostility as this has been asked almost literally every page.

-hides myself inside a bunker-
I'm sorry guys.

EDIT: let me rephrase - for Rock Band 1, the export key itself does not contain the songs (its size on PSN is 100KB as compared to the 1++ GB of the other export keys/packs - Is there any official statement on how that is supposed to work out? (Or will I still need my PS3 RB1 disc?)

now to hunt for the remaining track packs that I've missed since the PS3 days

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_Rock_Band_track_packs#/Rock_Band_Track_Pack_Vol._2
-Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 (is this a thing?)
-Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2
-Country Mega Pack (thought I have this "Rock Band Country Track Pack 2" but not sure if it carries over)

SFenton

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
do I have to add it to cart/checkout or is it added to every account?

you need to manually download it like any free dlc.

also, I had to format my hard drive today (games manager was broken).
CRVY3VoUkAAtgRk.jpg:large
I'm making the effort to download everything to my external this time. On a positve note, it only took me 3 hours to queue up all of my dlc this time.

farisr

The beatles bundle is top notch. We are talking about the proper beatles bundle not the beatles bundle that came with the older instruments at a cheaper price right? (white drumpads, not grey or black)

Unless your drums are worn out/unresponsive, I say keep your current set and just get the game.

wilflare

The beatles bundle is top notch. We are talking about the proper beatles bundle not the beatles bundle that came with the older instruments at a cheaper price right? (white drumpads, not grey or black)

Unless your drums are worn out/unresponsive, I say keep your current set and just get the game.

yea my drums are ones with white drumpads.
the only problem is I won't be able to get the pro-cymbals upgrade if I wanted right?

So, has anyone been able to get the iON Drums working with Xbox One version and a Titan One?

I perhaps naively went out and bought one of these assuming that it will work with a Titan One. It technically does work, but apparently I need an actual set of Rock Band 4 Xbox One drums to verify with, in order to get the iON's to properly detect as drums. This is kind of a pain in the ass. I'm curious if someone is able to write a script for the Titan One to auto-set this to detect as drums.

Scapegoat

I actually want us solve this issue for people, but without having a full understanding of people's audio set ups (their are many variables) and console-level settings, it's tough. Need more info for folks who are having problems. Example: if you plug in your 360 to that same exact setup, with no other variables changed, are you getting different behavior?
Hey Nick, I'm also having this issue. I have a Sony 5.1 HTiB which worked fine with Rock Band 3 on Xbox 360 (sound from forward and back speakers). My Xbone is set to HDMI audio bitstream, I tried both DTS and Dolby. Eventually I realised that I was actually getting unique sound in my back 2 speakers (the menu-move and menu-back sounds) - they were just insanely quiet. So quiet I had to press the speaker against my ear to hear them (this was with a 1db boost I have on my back 2 speakers).

IconGrist

For you veteran guitar players I want to learn to double/alternate strum and I'm wondering the best way to go about it.

I can already play competently on Expert the first 3 or 4 tiers but the songs that require fast strumming overwhelm me without this particular skill. Should I go back down to medium and just alt strum every note and slowly work my way back up? What method did you all use to get it down?

Storm360

So, has anyone been able to get the iON Drums working with Xbox One version and a Titan One?

I perhaps naively went out and bought one of these assuming that it will work with a Titan One. It technically does work, but apparently I need an actual set of Rock Band 4 Xbox One drums to verify with, in order to get the iON's to properly detect as drums. This is kind of a pain in the ass. I'm curious if someone is able to write a script for the Titan One to auto-set this to detect as drums.

Try post over here http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2365

RB instruments aren't supported yet but the owner does seem really interested in it

sugarless

People keep talking about Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight, but is Spinal Tap not on the EU store for some reason? I got all excited but couldn't find anything...

On a side note I wish they'd let you save calibration profiles. The settings for my speaker system are off for my wireless headphones.

Sure, if you like the songs, do it.

Snow ((Hey Oh)) on guitar is hell though.

Found that out the hard way last night. Holy shit, that made my hands hurt. Only the chorus was fun to play.

I got that track pack yesterday but I paid $2. So I think it's worth it but for nearly $20? I don't know.

Look at the list of songs and if a lot of them tickle your fancy, go for it.

Top Bottom