• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kolma

Is anyone able to download the Freezepop songs on Xbox One yet? I owned them on 360.

If you previously owned a song that is part of the 30 song preorder pack, you are SOL on getting those songs without the preorder pack DLC until Harmonix plans on having them standalone and even then no real promises (maybe this week's DLC?)

I'm gonna ask what is almost certainly a dumb question, but I want to know for sure before I make a decision and I've searched the thread and looked at the charts but it's unclear. How about the Madcatz portable drumkit? That should work fine, considering it's Madcatz, so long as one has the adapter, eh?

Kolma

I'm gonna ask what is almost certainly a dumb question, but I want to know for sure before I make a decision and I've searched the thread and looked at the charts but it's unclear. How about the Madcatz portable drumkit? That should work fine, considering it's Madcatz, so long as one has the adapter, eh?

Legacy Adapter ONLY supports Wireless instruments.

FyreWulff

I think that was wired, which makes it a no-go

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is anyone here jumping on Guitar Hero Live as well?

On a separate note, it feels kinda good looking through the the PSN Store and seeing that some of your former DLC is ready for download (like the PS3->PS4 export is ready)
I am. I need a game to play until they get exports working... and, admittedly, I'm ready to learn a new input method just to shake things up.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Alright, it's been two weeks, so I think I have a good enough grasp on this game. Here's my review on it.

Warning: it is very very long.
Very well done video and I agree with most of your points. I will defend freestyle guitar solos though as I find them really fun to pull off and you CAN make them sound good, you just have to practice them and see which button combinations perform which riffs. And I still think it's a good game overall despite it's shortcomings like lack of keys, practice mode, and online (though admittedly I never really used online). I do hope that most of these will get rectified over time with patches or non music DLC but we'll have to see. And I sympathize with you about the drums but since I'm on PS4 I can use any drum set I want so the stock kit isn't a big deal for me.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Love In An Elevator is the only GH:A repeat, which is impressive considering how many songs that game had
Actually Rats in the cellar was a bonus song in GH:A. Also can we please get Livin' on the Edge and the original version of Train Kept a Rollin' at some point HMX?

I love the freestyle solos! It sort of depends on the song though. Some iconic Brian May solos sound very weak when you're randomly messing around, and the guitar samples aren't always great. But in most cases, it's really, really satisfying. Especially when you do combinations of inputs. It's also worth noting that you really should vary the inputs, even if it asks for a repeated tone. With all the possible riffs, I'm pretty sure you could actually replicate quite complex solos.

Yaari

Nice Aerosmith pack. I don't know most of them other than the obvious Cryin and Dude, but I'll give them a listen.

Wonder if they should reconsider these Mondays if they are going to leak through X1. Hint.

Now that's a good start for proper DLC. Six-pack of Aerosmith is not something I was expecting.

Honestly surprised at the lack of music from Another Dimension.

I was going to either get Rock Band DLC or back Them's Fightin' Herds this week.

Looks like I'm grabbing some Rock Band DLC. Glad to finally see some 80s Aerosmith in this game.

If you previously owned a song that is part of the 30 song preorder pack, you are SOL on getting those songs without the preorder pack DLC until Harmonix plans on having them standalone and even then no real promises (maybe this week's DLC?)

That is some serious garbage.

sasliquid

Seems like I have a problem with Packs I previously bought (specifically Talking Heads, The Who and Oasis) most of which have their individual tracks purchasable but 'no content' when i click on the packs

Well, they're certainly not holding back on the DLC so far. That is a nice Aerosmith pack, and not too many GH repeats either.

Shame the first one's not available on the EU for PS4 yet. Nothing new today so far, or at least nothing I own. I'll check again at 6 or 7, just in case.

Yaari

Ah, Love in an Elevator. I forgot I knew that song. That's 3 then. I usually don't buy packs when I don't know the other half. I'll check the remaining few out later.

Raide

I noticed a few older Purchased songs appeared on my list. Wish I could order them. Instead I add them to my Wishlist and keep track of them

Megatron

I'm so stoked for this pack! What a great start for the dlc!

Someday down the line I hope we get a third pack with
Amazing
Crazy
Walk on the Water
Living on the edge
Janie's got a gun
I don't want to miss a thing.
And maybe Falling in Love

I can't believe only living on the edge was in GH:Aerosmith. They left out so many good songs.

Raide

War Pigs? Are you serious? Or are you talking about the original cover from way back when?

I would snatch up War Pigs alonside this Aerosmith pack...

I scrolled the list and saw it as Purchased. I think I got it for RB2, so I am not sure if its the original or not.

greatly dislike aerosmith, so far nothing for me in the first 2 weeks of DLC

which is fine, i've got stuff to catch up on from previous releases anyway

high profile release though for sure

Top Bottom