• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

vg260

Good high-profile pack. Still got VH and U2 coming too.

I'm really excited about the prospect of another Iron Maiden pack with their tour starting soon. Hopefully they have the money for it, but I think Maiden has done pretty well for them.

lentini

Aerosmith was already in rockband previously though (I think after GH Aerosmith came out). I don't think they had the same deal metallica had.

Aerosmith DLC didn't appear until 5 years after GH:A released. The only other track was a cover in RB1.

-GJ-

This might be a dumb question, but my friend just bought the game and we're trying to get the Rock Band 1 songs in here. He doesn't own a PS3 or a copy of the game, so we tried it with Still Alive first because that's a free song, but even when he 'bought' it in the PS Store, we can't find a way to download it to the PS4-version of the game, and we can't find it in the in-game store either.

Tl;dr: How do you make the (free) PS3 DLC show up in the PS4-version of the game?

chunk3rvd

Loving that Aerosmith pack because it takes me back to my very first guitar rhythm game - Quest For Fame. Anyone else here that used to play it? I spent many hours of my youth wailing on a badminton racket with my purple guitar pick

teddymeow

Bought this yesterday afternoon. Returned it this morning.

Nothing but problems with installing, accessing my legacy DLC, synching theguitar to PS4.

Shoddy!

Good high-profile pack. Still got VH and U2 coming too.

I'm really excited about the prospect of another Iron Maiden pack with their tour starting soon. Hopefully they have the money for it, but I think Maiden has done pretty well for them.
Hope so. Wrathchild was meant to come out seven years ago. Still waiting for it.

This might be a dumb question, but my friend just bought the game and we're trying to get the Rock Band 1 songs in here. He doesn't own a PS3 or a copy of the game, so we tried it with Still Alive first because that's a free song, but even when he 'bought' it in the PS Store, we can't find a way to download it to the PS4-version of the game, and we can't find it in the in-game store either.

Tl;dr: How do you make the (free) PS3 DLC show up in the PS4-version of the game?

What I did was I went on the PSN webstore (on PC) and "rebought" all of my PS3 DLC. You can buy it as free. Then when you go to your download list it will let you download to PS3 or PS4. I then queued them all to download on PS4. Worked for nearly all of my PS3 stuff. Export stuff for RB1, 2, and 3 aren't available yet, but you can get most of your DLC.

Solobbos

Loving that Aerosmith pack because it takes me back to my very first guitar rhythm game - Quest For Fame. Anyone else here that used to play it? I spent many hours of my youth wailing on a badminton racket with my purple guitar pick
Played it until my pick broke. What a game!

Lapoisse

Neo Member
I've already posted this on the Harmonix forums, but I'd like to hear about GAF's opinion/experience. Note that the message was addressed to Harmonix, hence the wording :

Hey guys,

This is gonna be a long one, but I hope you'll take the time to read it.

First off, I played Konami Drummania at the arcades throughout my whole adolescence, so when the first Rock Band came out, it was like a dream come true. I've been a huge fan since and have purchased every single disc iteration of the game and its instruments, as well as several hundred DLC songs. I have literally bought a half-basement condo to be able to keep playing the Rock Band drums, as well as a Sony 50" LCD TV with one of the lowest input lags on the market ( 24 ms in Game Mode ).
Needless to say, I was pretty excited about Rock Band 4.

I finally got my band-in-a-box for PS4 from Amazon on Thursday, so I disassembled and packed all of my RB 1-2-3-Beatles instruments and accessories, assembled my new RB 4 instruments, and spent hours redownloading all of my DLC, with the store in the game constantly disconnecting, and half of the songs being unavailable. It's late and the kids are in bed, so I decide to calibrate and try out the guitar. Tour, Show, Quickplay ... That's it ?! Ok, well I try a few songs, and it works well enough.

Then yesterday, my wife was out with the kids for the day, so I get home from work, calibrate the drums and fire up the first song ... Holy ****. 100% unplayable. Bass drum registers 1 out of 3 kicks, and nothing in quick succession. The yellow pad drops one out of 2 notes. The lag between the time I hit a pad and the time I actually hear the sound on the TV at the beginning of a song or during fills is the worst it's ever been, at least half a second.

I do a bit of reading online, find out that Mad Catz has firmware updates, so I proceed to update both the drums and guitar firmwares ( thank god I had a laptop with Bluetooth capabilities ). Exact same problems. I tried playing a song that I usually easily FC, and got 90%. I'm not kidding. I proceeded to spend the next hour calibrating manually, going back to Quickplay every 10 ms change ( seriously, no practice mode, guys ? ). No dice.

I'm not a music genius, but I've been playing drums on Expert for long enough to know what works and what doesn't. I have good musical rythm and I refuse to believe that you guys didn't notice this or didn't know about it. I feel betrayed and Harmonix and Mad Catz should be ashamed to have pushed a product that is unfinished and broken out the door.

So now I have to unpack all of my old instruments, because I put them in the RB4 box. I have to disassemble the RB4 instruments and put them back in there. I have to take back the carton box that it came in from my 3-year old, because I gave it to him to make a house. I have to fill out a return with Amazon, print out the shipping label and drive to the post office to sent it all back and get reimbursed. All of that for absolutely nothing.

I am beyond pissed and I hope you guys make it up to your long-time fans.

The whole Aerosmith pack except Seasons of Wither is unsurprisingly excellent on guitar. Don't know why they went with Seasons instead of Same Old Song & Dance or Lord of the Thighs from the same album.

Ninhead

"Play. Some. Skynyrd."

Gleethor

My ideal Aerosmith 03:
-Last Child
-Same Old Song and Dance
-Janie's Got a Gun
-Livin' on The Edge
-Train Kept a Rollin' (Original)
-Ragdoll

Megatron

I've already posted this on the Harmonix forums, but I'd like to hear about GAF's opinion/experience. Note that the message was addressed to Harmonix, hence the wording :

Are the drums a known problem or did you just get a bad set? You're accusing them of knowingly releasing a bad product, but could it just be yours? I would probably try a replacement first.
My ideal Aerosmith 03:
-Last Child
-Same Old Song and Dance
-Janie's Got a Gun
-Livin' on The Edge
-Train Kept a Rollin' (Original)
-Ragdoll
For some reason I thought rag doll was already addsed. I agree, that one would be great to have along with the other stuff I listed.

ViciousDS

Banned
fucking madcatz............by the time we get the drums fixed our warranty's will all be up and guitar hero will have added them in as a service lol.

This firmware crap is annoying the hell out of me with the RB4 drums.

Matticers

Pretty nice Aerosmith pack but it makes me wonder if they have any real big guns lined up in the future as far as DLC goes. If they did have something like Metallica or Van Halen, I think they would have went with that during Guitar Hero's release date. I think they went with the best they had lined up for the GH release and that was Aerosmith. So we probably won't be seeing anything rare or unlikely anytime soon. Just my guess, though.

It's the new Thunderstruck chart wise

Interesting how G O chords used to be 'banned' in the charting docs and now they're everywhere in RB4 content

GO Chords? It was GRO/GYO/GBO chords that were banned, wasn't it? (Don't Look Back in Anger being the only exception). GO chords have been there for a while, Rebel Yell and In a Big Country definitely had them. That said, there's definitely a lot more about, that I've noticed. Those RB to GO chord movements aren't fun.

Also, it's not fair to compare Eat the Rich with Thunderstruck. Thunderstuck had all those strums, that looks a hell of a lot more fun.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Pretty nice Aerosmith pack but it makes me wonder if they have any real big guns lined up in the future as far as DLC goes. If they did have something like Metallica or Van Halen, I think they would have went with that during Guitar Hero's release date. I think they went with the best they had lined up for the GH release and that was Aerosmith. So we probably won't be seeing anything rare or unlikely anytime soon. Just my guess, though.

They've already announced that there will be DLC packs for Van Halen and U2.

CloudWolf

Pretty nice Aerosmith pack but it makes me wonder if they have any real big guns lined up in the future as far as DLC goes. If they did have something like Metallica or Van Halen, I think they would have went with that during Guitar Hero's release date.
They have Van Halen coming as DLC. They announced it at the same time as Panama.

eyoooo but i mean the note pattern

thunderstruck stops being fun after the opening part for sure

I mean it stops being fun when the guitar parts starts.

tumblr_lqnuj5Q6211qg78udo1_500.gif

A sequence of HOPOs where you don't have to strum.

tumblr_lqnuj5Q6211qg78udo2_500.gif

A sequence of HOPOs where you have to strum every other note.

FyreWulff

GO Chords? It was GRO/GYO/GBO chords that were banned, wasn't it? (Don't Look Back in Anger being the only exception). GO chords have been there for a while, Rebel Yell and In a Big Country definitely had them. That said, there's definitely a lot more about, that I've noticed. Those RB to GO chord movements aren't fun.

Also, it's not fair to compare Eat the Rich with Thunderstruck. Thunderstuck had all those strums, that looks a hell of a lot more fun.

http://pksage.com/rbndocs/index.php?title=Guitar_and_Bass_Authoring

It wasn't a hard ban but sort of a soft "only use it when it's really needed". They stayed away from them after a while and they mostly made appearances on 5keys charts.

They're really frequent in RB4 charts from what I noticed.

Top Bottom