• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

espher

eyoooo but i mean the note pattern

thunderstruck stops being fun after the opening part for sure

Vocalist perks. ;)

Well, aside from The Police and Suspicious Minds, apparently.

Edit: Oh I thought we meant excessive repetition of a part that starts out fun and quickly becomes annoying and tedious.

-GJ-

What I did was I went on the PSN webstore (on PC) and "rebought" all of my PS3 DLC. You can buy it as free. Then when you go to your download list it will let you download to PS3 or PS4. I then queued them all to download on PS4. Worked for nearly all of my PS3 stuff. Export stuff for RB1, 2, and 3 aren't available yet, but you can get most of your DLC.
Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what the switch next to the options and share buttons on the guitar controller is for? The manual says auto-calibration, but it doesn't seem to change anything and Google won't help me.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what the switch next to the options and share buttons on the guitar controller is for? The manual says auto-calibration, but it doesn't seem to change anything and Google won't help me.

Guitar effects (chorus, wah-wah, echo, etc.), which only work during freestyle solos.

Thanks!

It's meant to alter the audio when playing guitar while using overdrive or in a solo, stuff like an echo, wah-wah, etc. It's fairly noticable in the past games but it doesn't seem to work at all in RB4 from my experience.

EDIT: Oh, it only works during freestyle? I never knew. Didn't use it too much in RB1/2, mostly due to suffering from a shitty RB1 strat and then moving to a godlike GH5 guitar but I thought it'd be nice to try again once or twice. Considering how I never use freestyle solos, looks like I'll never use it.

Gorger

Man I have literally hundreds of songs that are a part of packs that I can't download and play yet. I see many of the songs that I have bought through packs are already up on the store as individual songs, but I have to rebuy them to play them. Have Harmonix said anything when we can begin downloading our packs?

EU User.

Man I have literally hundreds of songs that are a part of packs that I can't download and play yet. I see many of the songs that I have bought through packs are already up on the store as individual songs, but I have to rebuy them to play them. Have Harmonix said anything when we can begin downloading our packs?

EU User.

They recently said that they've fixed that issue for Xbox One owners. SCEE players will hopefully be getting that issue fixed soon.

Wait, DLC is released the day it's announced?

Okay, I guess. Friday announcements were the sprinkles that made them even better. Gonna miss the Rock Band 3 era even more

DarkOneX

Man I didn't realize I could buy tracks on 360 and they allow me to use them in RB4! Wish I'd known this last week since I bought 5 songs but I did so at $2 a pop instead of $1 a pop. Oh well, at least I've only ever bought those 5 songs ever for a RB game I never really got into buying DLC until recently.

Man I didn't realize I could buy tracks on 360 and they allow me to use them in RB4! Wish I'd known this last week since I bought 5 songs but I did so at $2 a pop instead of $1 a pop. Oh well, at least I've only ever bought those 5 songs ever for a RB game I never really got into buying DLC until recently.

The DLC sale is supposedly over anyway.

Hey guys, sorry if this was talked about and I can't find it in search.

My screen keeps going dark while playing, (using guitar) and I realized I had to hit the joystick on the XboxOne controller and it would brighten back up. Almost like the controller is sleeping from not being used, but it's still on.

I also can't launch into the game without the controller but that maybe just because the guitar doesn't control the NXBE dashboard yet.

Anyone else have this issue and find a better solution than trying to quickly swipe at the controllers thumb-stick on my coffee table in between guitar rifts.

I also can't launch into the game without the controller but that maybe just because the guitar doesn't control the NXBE dashboard yet.

There's your problem. The game doesn't get along well with NXBE yet. I'm not sure if it's more on Harmonix's or Microsoft's end, but hopefully that's sorted out by the time NXBE comes out of beta.

Even in the current Xbox One dashboard, though, the guitar doesn't quite count as a controller. I mean, it works on the menus and stuff, but when I hold the the Xbox button, no "Controller Off" option appears, just "Console Off."

Kolma

Anyone with an NA copy of Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2 lying around wanna make a quick 10 USD via PayPal? PM me.
They would need to have an unused code. All the track packs come with codes on the manual to directly download the songs. That said you could try EA customer support. Tell them you were a Wii rocker and you switched consoles but can't find any new copies. Probably shouldn't mention rb4 though since they have nothing to do with it.

The only bad thing about the Aerosmith pack is that there are so many more Aerosmith songs I wish were in it. Fantastic start to the DLC

evanmisha

They would need to have an unused code. All the track packs come with codes on the manual to directly download the songs. That said you could try EA customer support. Tell them you were a Wii rocker and you switched consoles but can't find any new copies. Probably shouldn't mention rb4 though since they have nothing to do with it.

It's not for the code. Just need someone with a copy and a couple minutes of time.

darknil

Hi guys, one question.

I'm using legacy controllers, first week of RB4 I played fine with 100~ms on delay. I played again this weekend and it felt off, so I went and recalibrated and got 300~ms for audio.

Only new thing was that I started using 2 mics (the one that comes with the PS4) connected to 2 controllers for harmony.

Is that even normal? Haven't tried with 300ms audio lag.

Xis

Do we know yet if exports will be one giant download for each export, or if they will be individual songs? (I am on XONE if that matters)

bobohoro

Yay, first try today and 5-stars on Dream Genie is done.
Shame I won't get the Plat until the online patch hits, since I can't get the 8x multiplayer, 4-vote split and 1.000.000 points trophy any other way. :/

Will probably return to RB3 for the time being, since the way the library shows scores and leaderboards work really irks me and actually makes playing the game they way I'm used to playing nearly impossible, or at least very cumbersome. Or has anyone figured out how you can show only the top scores of your currently selected instrument in the quickplay list?

Ieu

My screen keeps going dark while playing, (using guitar) and I realized I had to hit the joystick on the XboxOne controller and it would brighten back up. Almost like the controller is sleeping from not being used, but it's still on.

Anyone else have this issue and find a better solution than trying to quickly swipe at the controllers thumb-stick on my coffee table in between guitar rifts.

It's a known bug, basically the console will darken the screen if it hasn't detected an imput on the controller after a certain time, the problem is that the console does not count the guitar as a "real" control. Until this is patched out the only thing we can do is temporarily disable the screen saver in the dash.

Do we know yet if exports will be one giant download for each export, or if they will be individual songs? (I am on XONE if that matters)

Everything else on the PS4 has come through as individual tracks, no matter what pack, album, etc. you own. I'd expect the exports to do the same. If RB4 had a "delete song" function like RB3 did you'd expect it to be much more useful than it was.

Yay, first try today and 5-stars on Dream Genie is done.
Shame I won't get the Plat until the online patch hits, since I can't get the 8x multiplayer, 4-vote split and 1.000.000 points trophy any other way. :/

Will probably return to RB3 for the time being, since the way the library shows scores and leaderboards work really irks me and actually makes playing the game they way I'm used to playing nearly impossible, or at least very cumbersome. Or has anyone figured out how you can show only the top scores of your currently selected instrument in the quickplay list?
Do you have all instruments? If so, I did the 4 vote split by myself with all of my instruments. And the 1 mil night be possible once 2112 gets its stuff together and if you have a moderately okay partner.

And nope! The scores thing is the second worst thing about Rock Band 4 behind the death of keys. It's very upsetting.

Everything else on the PS4 has come through as individual tracks, no matter what pack, album, etc. you own. I'd expect the exports to do the same. If RB4 had a "delete song" function like RB3 did you'd expect it to be much more useful than it was.

I would think they'll come through as a single download.

My girlfriend and I got our first vocal gold star about 3-4 vocal songs in...on our first try of Gimme Chocolate.

I did not expect to do that well on a song that's mostly Japanese. But also, wow, that was so much fun.

This was fixed in an update today

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose that's one advantage to SCEE being useless.

The sale is still ongoing over here.
No update today again huh. I guess the one dude who uploads the songs called in sick and didn't tell anybody what he's up to right now.

I would think they'll come through as a single download.

Nothing else has yet, at least on PS4. Every pack I downloaded was done as individual songs, and the Blitz soundtrack was as well. I honestly think this is part of the problem with the exports right now, and why I expect that Green Day is the next export that will start working.

bobohoro

Do you have all instruments? If so, I did the 4 vote split by myself with all of my instruments. And the 1 mil night be possible once 2112 gets its stuff together and if you have a moderately okay partner.

And nope! The scores thing is the second worst thing about Rock Band 4 behind the death of keys. It's very upsetting.

Sadly I'm one instrument short. And am the only person around playing rhythm games, rural areas in the middle of Europe don't see many plastic musicians. :O
Maybe I'll get another guitar later down the road. Oh well, will revisit for the plat in december, maybe the game will really improve by leaps and bounds with the patch.

Yeah, everything about score/stat-tracking in this game is just so poorly thought out and backwards, it's absolutely killing my motivation in the long term.

KaYotiX

Banned
It's a known bug, basically the console will darken the screen if it hasn't detected an imput on the controller after a certain time, the problem is that the console does not count the guitar as a "real" control. Until this is patched out the only thing we can do is temporarily disable the screen saver in the dash.

Was it fixed in latest nxe update? The guitar now works as a controller.

Top Bottom