• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Harmonix or MSFT goofed and put Viva La Gloria with the export access instead of Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)
I guess when they fix it we get both then, if we download it now? Or would they just restrict access?

Also the process was relatively painless but my god it's gonna hurt if RB1 and 2 exports are done the same... Hunting the entire store for songs.

opoth

Banned
I guess when they fix it we get both then, if we download it now? Or would they just restrict access?

Also the process was relatively painless but my god it's gonna hurt if RB1 and 2 exports are done the same... Hunting the entire store for songs.

The thing to keep in mind is that so far, this is all content that was available individually in the RB3 store alongside being exportable, so they're just slowly fixing everyones' pack based entitlements .

RB1/2/Lego and AC/DC are a different animal because the content of those packs was never available individually in the RB3 store. My guess is they will show up only as "Purchased" under the packs section when the time comes (I hope)

wilflare

I'm trying to (auto)calibrate my PS3 Beatles Hofner bass guitar on Rock Band 4

but auto-calibration does not seem to work. the counter does not move.

my manual calibration is kinda off as well :/

any suggestions? is there something wrong with my guitar?

I'm trying to (auto)calibrate my PS3 Beatles Hofner bass guitar on Rock Band 4

but auto-calibration does not seem to work. the counter does not move.

my manual calibration is kinda off as well :/

any suggestions? is there something wrong with my guitar?

My RB2 guitar doesn't auto calibrate either. They must've changed something, or legacy instruments just simply aren't supported.

wilflare

My RB2 guitar doesn't auto calibrate either. They must've changed something, or legacy instruments just simply aren't supported.

ahhh I was beginning to think that something is wrong with my Beatles instrument.
manual calibration is being weird for me (it seems to calibrate the guitar in such a way that you need to strum AFTER the note passes the overdrive bar for it to hit)

ahhh I was beginning to think that something is wrong with my Beatles instrument.
manual calibration is being weird for me (it seems to calibrate the guitar in such a way that you need to strum AFTER the note passes the overdrive bar for it to hit)

Try manually decreasing your video lag by 10ms or so at a time, then testing.

This is the first RB game where I've had calibration issues. Used to be I could calibrate once with the drums and never touch it again.

wilflare

Try manually decreasing your video lag by 10ms or so at a time, then testing.

This is the first RB game where I've had calibration issues. Used to be I could calibrate once with the drums and never touch it again.

I'm hoping my Beatles instrument work without a hitch and then I keep my RB4 Bundle-in-a-Box sealed (and decide what to do with it)...

but with all these issues, I'm tempted to just switch to the new instruments.

when's the correct time to strum for it to hit? (I remember it was supposed to be just before the line/bar)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Any more tracks gone up on EU PSN? Really hoping I can download my packs soon really want to play Some Nirvana and White Stripes
Sadly, SCEE and HMX seem to have stopped caring a week ago. European business as usual.
I'm afraid it's gonna take a while until we got all our old songs.

The thing to keep in mind is that so far, this is all content that was available individually in the RB3 store alongside being exportable, so they're just slowly fixing everyones' pack based entitlements .

RB1/2/Lego and AC/DC are a different animal because the content of those packs was never available individually in the RB3 store. My guess is they will show up only as "Purchased" under the packs section when the time comes (I hope)
I certainly hope they're available as packs because looking around song by songg would suuuuuuuuuck.

Sadly, SCEE and HMX seem to have stopped caring a week ago. European business as usual.
I'm afraid it's gonna take a while until we got all our old songs.

Honestly it feels pretty shitty that they're selling some packs on the in game store that you can't play...really bad form honestly

Does anybody know when the legacy adapter should be back in stock? I've been checking the madcatz page the last week and nothing has popped up(Uk)

I'm sitting here with a unplayed game until I get one

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly it feels pretty shitty that they're selling some packs on the in game store that you can't play...really bad form honestly
Yeah this is the reason why I think something is bound to happen soon, because that's just anti-consumer bullshit. You can't just sell stuff in your in-game store only for it to not be available.
Then again it's SCEE, and HMX doesn't seem to care.

Yeah this is the reason why I think something is bound to happen soon, because that's just anti-consumer bullshit. You can't just sell stuff in your in-game store only for it to not be available.
Then again it's SCEE, and HMX doesn't seem to care.

I don't think Harmonix doesn't care, I just don't think there's really anything they can do about it. Once they submit the content to the store, everything else is in the hands of SCEE. If they've submitted all the files and the paperwork to them, then what else can they do?

Gorki247

Still missing 14 songs from my Green Day export - not counting "Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)". None of them showed up in my Ready to Install list like the others. They are showing as Purchased in the store, but when I try to install them from there I'm asked to pay. Xbox One, UK store.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Harmonix doesn't care, I just don't think there's really anything they can do about it. Once they submit the content to the store, everything else is in the hands of SCEE. If they've submitted all the files and the paperwork to them, then what else can they do?
Least they - or Mad Catz for that matter, who've seemingly compleltely checked out since launch - could do is communicate. Going by the stink Europeans cause in their forums they got to know what's up, and I'm sure they contacted Sony about it. Some kind of ETA or an explanation what's going on would do wonders, but there's been nothing so far, and that's just frustrating.

Edit: oh, and it's their in-game store. At least patch out the stuff that's not available for God's sake.

Deadstar

So what's the deal with this game? I was super excited at first but it appears that this game has less features than Rockband 3 and a lot of the dlc isn't coming over. It seems like it might be best to wait a few months to see if these issues are sorted out. What do you guys think? Are the new instruments better quality than the Rockband 3 ones? I still have those and they function fine.

Least they - or Mad Catz for that matter, who've seemingly compeltely checked out since launch - could do is communicate. Going by the stink Europeans cause in their forums they got to know what's up, and I'm sure they contacted Sony about it. Some kind of ETA or an explanation what's going on would do wonders, but there's been nothing so far, and that's just frustrating.

There's a big spreadsheet on their forums where Harmonix is keeping track of DLC issues across all three storefronts. When I click on it to load it up, it defaults to the SCEE page.

Here's HMX's most recent comment on the SCEE issues:

New spreadsheet looks good. Any chance you have some sort of schedule regarding the DLC upload by SCEE? They were starting off fine with some hundred songs in 7 or so days, but there has been no improvement in nearly a week now.

I'm sorry, right now we don't have an ETA on the SCEE offers. I sincerely apologize - I definitely appreciate how frustrating this must be!

So what's the deal with this game? I was super excited at first but it appears that this game has less features than Rockband 3 and a lot of the dlc isn't coming over. It seems like it might be best to wait a few months to see if these issues are sorted out. What do you guys think? Are the new instruments better quality than the Rockband 3 ones? I still have those and they function fine.

Most if not all of the official, Harmonix-authored DLC will come over sooner or later, and depending on which console and region you're using, much of it has already come over. There's still a lot of issues to address, not the least of which is whether RBN tracks will ever make the jump, but if you're like me and mostly stuck to the official DLC, most of your songs will make the jump.

Game's fun as it is, but you can wait to see how it evolves if you're not sold at this time.

EDIT: Sorry, dp

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
There's a big spreadsheet on their forums where Harmonix is keeping track of DLC issues across all three storefronts. When I click on it to load it up, it defaults to the SCEE page.

Here's HMX's most recent comment on the SCEE issues:
I did not see that comment, and yes, a huge chunk of my frustration is directed towards SCEE's incompetent asses and also comes from their history with music games and the fear how things will work in RB4's future. Doesn't really change that communication from HMX's side leaves a lot to be desired (not only in this regard).

Also there's been a twitter reply concerning this topic
@RockBand: @tomcatfury We're working with SCEE to make submitted content available as soon as possible.
syrup-will-soon-have-bsu2i.jpg

vg260

Does this game still act up with the New Xbox One dash?

I'm in the regular preview and not opted in, but got a message saying that they're going to convert all preview members over shortly.

I need to know if I should opt out.

I'm in the regular preview and not opted in, but got a message saying that they're going to convert all preview members over shortly.

I was able to use my guitar in NXE yesterday after the latest update.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
No, just the non-exclusive songs from both packs. Bark at the Moon, Mama I'm Coming Home, and the full 2112 suite will probably come at a later date.

Ah, okay. I'm assuming the issue is that since they were only available in the full pack, how do they get those songs out to the people that bought them without releasing them as singles. Hopefully that's fixed soon! I would love to play Bark at the Moon. (I mean, I guess I could also go back to 3.)

KaYotiX

Banned

Works fine, been using since launch. Updates have made it better each time.

Pretty sure I know the answer to the question, but the Colour and the Shape is unavailable for purchase on the store for me.

I previously bought Monkey Wrench and My Hero separately. Is this what's making the album unavailable?

nictron

Will DLC from two accounts show up under one account? Does the DLC just have to be downloaded to work or do you need to be signed in?

Arttemis

Hey guys! Good news about exports!

I know I'm sure as hell in the mood for good news. We gotta wait till the December update, though. And no details if they're cutting anything (please don't cut Misery Business, please please please). But we're less in the dark now!! That's good :)

Okay, so RB3 export is coming. I own own RB1, 2, and 3 for 360, and already paid the export fee for the first two. I don't own an Xbox One or RB4 yet, but was planning on picking them up after MS releases an Xbone Slim and resuming my Rock Banding then.

What do I have to do to make sure my Xbox 360 Rock Band DLC and disc-based library will work in 1-2 years from now?

j-wood

$14.99 for the export key? Jesus, that's basically like me buying another full game when I count that I just had to pay 30 bucks for a used copy of RB3.

Uh wait a minute.

We will be automatically verifying your purchase electronically, which means that you'll need to have bought a new copy

Does that mean I just bought a used copy for nothing? (it has the original manual).

Anyone who ruins the perfection that is the solo of Misery Business with Freestyle Solos will get a serious glare from yours truly. It's buttery delicious and I can't let any of you butts ruin it.

Also I know it's a bit late, but I read through the masters thing and I see... I guess I'm a very casual player, because while it sounds important, I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% necessary. It does make it sound more authentic than say Tap Tap and the sort. But man, it's kind of hard to notice when you're playing in a room of 15 people and everyone is singing along and having a good time.

Well, at least we know for sure that Free Bird exports. Although that isn't really a surprise personally, considering that it even exported from Guitar Hero: Smash Hits.
Hooray the worst song of all time is the first confirmed :I

Free Bird is indeed my least favorite song ever, not being hyperbolic. But it's a personal matter. It's not you, Free Bird. It's me!

It looks like it'll check if you've played the game at all.

So my question is this. I previously owned Rock Band 3 on 360. It was a physical copy. I obviously played the game a decent amount as my achievements would indicate. I no longer have the game or my 360 for that matter. Do I need to buy a digital copy before the October 30th date when they will stop selling it? If I do need to purchase a digital copy, do I actually need access to a 360 to download and launch the game? Do I need to do nothing since I've previously owned the game, albeit physical, on the same Xbox Live account? I imagine that HMX haven't addressed much of this, just wondering if someone had some guidance.

So my question is this. I previously owned Rock Band 3 on 360. It was a physical copy. I obviously played the game a decent amount as my achievements would indicate. I no longer have the game or my 360 for that matter. Do I need to buy a digital copy before the October 30th date when they will stop selling it? If I do need to purchase a digital copy, do I actually need access to a 360 to download and launch the game? Do I need to do nothing since I've previously owned the game, albeit physical, on the same Xbox Live account? I imagine that HMX haven't addressed much of this, just wondering if someone had some guidance.

If you have the same Xbox Live account, it sounds like you'll be fine.

XShagrath

So how many pages of "I didn't know I had to play RB3 before Oct. 30th for the export to be valid!" are there going to be in December?

Anyone who ruins the perfection that is the solo of Misery Business with Freestyle Solos will get a serious glare from yours truly. It's buttery delicious and I can't let any of you butts ruin it.

Also I know it's a bit late, but I read through the masters thing and I see... I guess I'm a very casual player, because while it sounds important, I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% necessary. It does make it sound more authentic than say Tap Tap and the sort. But man, it's kind of hard to notice when you're playing in a room of 15 people and everyone is singing along and having a good time.

Hooray the worst song of all time is the first confirmed :I

Free Bird is indeed my least favorite song ever, not being hyperbolic. But it's a personal matter. It's not you, Free Bird. It's me!

But have you seen Kingsman?

December is cool. No idea how they are gonna work out whether you own the game or not.

They can look at their leaderboard info, they can look at trophy info, or they could just just issue a patch for RB3 that makes it signal to their servers that you own the game (though that would mean that the export requires you to be able to boot a copy of Rock Band 3, and not just own one, meaning anyone who no longer has their old systems would be out of luck).

Hey guys! Good news about exports!

I know I'm sure as hell in the mood for good news. We gotta wait till the December update, though. And no details if they're cutting anything (please don't cut Misery Business, please please please). But we're less in the dark now!! That's good :)
Optimism: We've got to wait until December for Rock Band 3. That's all that's mentioned. The others will arrive in a preceding update.
Super optimism: The other tracks will, over the course of a while, be released as DLC wherever possible. Similar to Blitz, we'll see packs come out with two new songs and one export, or something similar. Foo Fighters will get a 4-pack. One song will be new. It'll be more expensive, sure, but they've been out for plenty of time as a pack, so it's better than nothing.
Super duper optimism: AC/DC aren't dicks about licensing individual tracks anymore. Let There Be Rock will be available as DLC, as will the whole Live at Donington pack.

Top Bottom