• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Optimism: We've got to wait until December for Rock Band 3. That's all that's mentioned. The others will arrive in a preceding update.
Super optimism: The other tracks will, over the course of a while, be released as DLC wherever possible. Similar to Blitz, we'll see packs come out with two new songs and one export, or something similar. Foo Fighters will get a 4-pack. One song will be new. It'll be more expensive, sure, but they've been out for plenty of time as a pack, so it's better than nothing.
Super duper optimism: AC/DC aren't dicks about licensing individual tracks anymore. Let There Be Rock will be available as DLC, as will the whole Live at Donington pack.

I feel like if the "super optimism" part is true, we'd find out in a week or two, because there's so many songs/artists between the 4 discs that they'd start that process as soon as possible.

opoth

Banned
$14.99 isn't so bad. I was willing to pay up to $20 as long as the songlist came through mostly intact, which I guess remains to be seen.

I feel like if the "super optimism" part is true, we'd find out in a week or two, because there's so many songs/artists between the 4 discs that they'd start that process as soon as possible.

I was thinking that the exports would come first, sort of a weird kind of pre-order bonus, but in retrospect with that many songs it might be best to start doing it as soon as possible. Maybe have them released bit by bit in tandem with normal DLC, or have a mega week at the end of every month.

ViciousDS

Banned
still no drum firmware? They said it would come out.....last week. gosh dang it, I want to play ocean avenue without it constantly dropping rolls!

opoth

Banned
It's wishful thinking, but let's say they keep up the pattern of a new export every week (we have Blitz and Green Day now), this is what it could look like:

Week 1: 2 track packs
Week 2: 2 track packs
Week 3: 2 track packs
Week 4: RB Lego
Week 5: RB1
Week 6: RB2
Week 7: RB3

Yaari

December ain't great but if they keep up quality DLC, its not so bad. With GHLive and RB4, I should have plenty to do.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Optimism: We've got to wait until December for Rock Band 3. That's all that's mentioned. The others will arrive in a preceding update.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the other exports arrive before Rock Band 3. The part where they don't commit to a timeline for the older exports has me thinking it'll be a while, though. (And a while for things like the full Ozzy pack and 2112, too.)

If the person who fields Rock Band's Facebook page is on the money, there won't be any exclusions the way there were for RB 1 & 2:

1445465057_1.png

If the person who fields Rock Band's Facebook page is on the money, there won't be any exclusions the way there were for RB 1 & 2:

1445465057_1.png

Sweet!

You're better than this, Harmonix.

Hey! Bad news about exports (found out through the spreadsheet):

Two of my songs I can't download yet aren't ever meant to be downloaded:
- System of a Down: Toxicity
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under the Bridge

expired content not currently supported

Also, the twenty bonus tracks from RB2 are no longer supported, so no more I'm Going, I'm Gone

"Not currently," not "not ever."

Those reviews... no real customer would write them that way :D :D

It gets especially slimy when you see a couple of them directly praise Harmonix:
"Harmonix did a REALLY good job of picking songs that are catchy, rocking, and really fun to play in the game."
"I'm excited that Harmonix is committed to the game as a platform, and can't wait to see what the team adds to the game in the months to come."

FyreWulff

Figured they were going to let Rock Band 3's actual license expire before they bothered with figuring out an export for it. 5 year licensing is consistent!

Hey guys! Good news about exports!

I know I'm sure as hell in the mood for good news. We gotta wait till the December update, though. And no details if they're cutting anything (please don't cut Misery Business, please please please). But we're less in the dark now!! That's good :)

I want to know what they mean by verify electronically. I purchased RB3 on the PS3 (physical) when it was released. What does that mean for me?

Ridley327

Figured they were going to let Rock Band 3's actual license expire before they bothered with figuring out an export for it. 5 year licensing is consistent!

I imagine that's why they're running into issues with the exports for the first two, given that they're quite a bit older. Technically speaking, RB1's export is actually older than RB2 the game.

FyreWulff

I want to know what they mean by verify electronically. I purchased RB3 on the PS3 (physical) when it was released. What does that mean for me?

I think they're either going to check your achievements or see if you posted a score to the leaderboard.

For RB3 Wii they checked for an RB2 save file on your Wii to let you buy the RB2 export, so alternative methods aren't out of the question.

Also, the official chart says RB1 is no longer exportable. So EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY THE RB1 KEY RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I imagine that's why they're running into issues with the exports for the first two, given that they're quite a bit older. Technically speaking, RB1's export is actually older than RB2 the game.

Well, currently they're saying that the issues with the exports (and Ozzy and 2112) is that they can't put up content that they can't sell on the respective marketplaces. So, uh, it could be a while.

Ridley327

Well, currently they're saying that the issues with the exports (and Ozzy and 2112) is that they can't put up content that they can't sell on the respective marketplaces. So, uh, it could be a while.

If it means the RB1 export will be free of the audio glitches that plagued the tracks in RB3, then it will all be worth it.

I don't really mind the $5 increase, especially since it sounds like we've got the entire soundtrack confirmed. Hope they'll be able to work with MS and Sony quickly to get the other exports working.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So will I be good with my used PS3 copy of RB3 that I got solely to export RB2?

The feeling when you two star an Oasis song on the vocals
on medium

5 stared Debaser vocals though :p I don't really understand it though, why do songs like Debaser let you sing at any pitch? I just "sung" the lyrics and it gave me full credit where on Don't Look Back In Anger I did, real, real bad.

Still wasn't enough to soften your views on Freebird, huh?
Sadly not, friend :p

Hey! Bad news about exports (found out through the spreadsheet):

Two of my songs I can't download yet aren't ever meant to be downloaded:
- System of a Down: Toxicity
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under the Bridge

expired content not currently supported

Also, the twenty bonus tracks from RB2 are no longer supported, so no more I'm Going, I'm Gone
Yeah, it's not all good news. I'm just trying to remain optimistic. Harmonix is my favorite developer, I am unhappy about all of the drama and the fact that Rock Band 4 is disappointing to me. So I'm appreciating the little victories!

All 83? That means Cipher gets his Paramore and Ida Maria!

And we all get FREE BIRD!!!
Oh you guys~

So I've got a Rock Band Export Key from way back in the day, and a Rock Band 2 one too, IIRC. Is it my understanding that I need to bring this stuff into Rock Band 3 to get into 4?

This thing is really a shitshow. What a nightmare.

I love that they titled the update "Everything you need to know" and none of us still really know shit about any of this. I guess all we need to know about export timing is "TBD."

Still trying to figure out why this game just didn't just come out in December (aside from just beating Guitar Hero to the shelf).

So I've got a Rock Band Export Key from way back in the day, and a Rock Band 2 one too, IIRC. Is it my understanding that I need to bring this stuff into Rock Band 3 to get into 4?

This thing is really a shitshow. What a nightmare.
Yet, for many of us that brought it into RB3 at launch, it isn't a problem.

I love that they titled the update "Everything you need to know" and none of us still really know shit about any of this. I guess all we need to know about export timing is "TBD."

Still trying to figure out why this game just didn't just come out in December (aside from just beating Guitar Hero to the shelf).

Because the actual code is done, and we have a working game. A working game that is missing features that some would like, but a working game nonetheless.

opoth

Banned
I think he means if you never bought Rock Band 3 (which I haven't either), the game costs $19.99 then you have to pay $15 for the export code for a total of $35. Correct me if I'm wrong.

$35 is a great deal for 83 songs. Long time fans are paying more like $70 if we think about it a certain way.

So no popping the disc in to the Xbone or PS4? Is there a way we can check if we're verified? Not that I doubt Harmonix but better safe than sorry.

also saddened to see pretty much all exports as still "TBD" but I'm hoping that that means we're gonna be getting more RB1 and RB2 songs rather than losing some. It also just hit me, Bohemian Rhapsody full band + harmonies omgggggggggg

Storm360

I have a digital RB3, but no achievements (I have loaded it up), am I good?

I have the plat on PS3 version so i'm hopefully good there.

Just saw this shit in the XB1 section of the DLC compatibility spreadsheet..

"Updated Oct. 19 - The Rush - "2112" (full album medley) single is not supported, but we are working with Microsoft to set up entitlements for the 3 supported singles. (See list to the left.)"

This doesn't mean what I think it means does it? That the medley is being given up on completely and the 3 singles are all we'll be getting for re-download? Pissed if so. There's similar wording for a Snoop Dogg single and a few other songs and the Ozzy singles.

Storm360

So no popping the disc in to the Xbone or PS4? Is there a way we can check if we're verified? Not that I doubt Harmonix but better safe than sorry.

also saddened to see pretty much all exports as still "TBD" but I'm hoping that that means we're gonna be getting more RB1 and RB2 songs rather than losing some. It also just hit me, Bohemian Rhapsody full band + harmonies omgggggggggg

Huh, that song has always had harmonies

I sat there for fucking hours trying to get that trophy for getting all Triple Awesomes.

Top Bottom