• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

DMNBT

Neo Member
So, as someone who's planning to get RB4 sometime in the future: what DLC can I get (besides the obvious RB4 specific ones)? I have a PS4 but no PS3, so any exports I think are out of reach, but are all previous (non-delisted) DLC packs up?

bobohoro

Day 16: Still missing half of my DLC.

This is starting to take the piss.

I hadn't played RB3 in 4(?) years, so I really only got the scope of missing songs when I went back to it a couple of days ago. And yeah, I'm missing more than half of my DLC as well in RB4, and most of that half is my favourite stuff. Such a letdown.

On the other hand I discovered that I quit RB before I really got into RBN, so now there's a mass of amazing stuff I haven't played yet.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Considering they have the Green Day export listed as "TBD" and it's already available on US XB1 as of yesterday - and we got Blitz last week - and the fact that it's probably less work to sort entitlements to existing content as opposed to how they're rolling out a brand new export pack for RB3 that will be available in December...there's a decent chance that we'll have all/most of what's been promised before then, despite the TBD status.

Looking at the December patch and what's coming along with it, I get the feeling that they at least want the content (maybe delisted songs aside) to be pretty much completely available before the holidays.
The Green Day songs are available as DLC, so it's easier to give entitlements to those songs as opposed to tracks they never sold in the store like the exports or Bark at the Moon. I'm not holding my breath.

The Green Day songs are available as DLC, so it's easier to give entitlements to those songs as opposed to tracks they never sold in the store like the exports or Bark at the Moon. I'm not holding my breath.

I think so too (same with Blitz) and it will lessen the disappointment.

Oh well, sticking with RB3 a bit longer then. I want the convenience of playing RB on the PS4 but I don't want to miss out on content/features :/

Is this for sure? Never coming out on RB4? That sucks if that is the case!

No no no. Everything is eventually coming over. Just listed as "not supported at this time". Which basically means HMX already knows it doesn't work, and it's not supposed to (yet).

They created that spreadsheet to track songs that are supposed to be working but aren't for whatever reason.

All he exports are listed on the same sheet, and we know they're coming eventually.

Wait WTF!?

I just called my wife to check on the packs and get them started if it's ready.

Huh?

No no no. Everything is eventually coming over. Just listed as "not supported at this time". Which basically means HMX already knows it doesn't work, and it's not supposed to (yet).

They created that spreadsheet to track songs that are supposed to be working but aren't for whatever reason.

All he exports are listed on the same sheet, and we know they're coming eventually.

Thank you, glad to hear that! I knew about the game exports but wasn't sure if the 20 bonus songs were in the same situation.

No, it's not. The text on it says "not currently supported".

It's the same problem they have with other delisted DLC, that they need a way to host songs that people who have previously purchased them can download while locking out anyone else. That, or they have to strike new licensing agreements that let them sell the song.

Harmonix has those songs marked as "promotional content not currently supported" on their marketplace error spreadsheet. "Not currently supported" is a long way from "never", so I wouldn't sweat it for now.

Edit - aargh, taking too long to reply...beaten to the punch several times.

Gorki247

I'm sure it has been posted already in this thread, but I cannot seem to find it. Can someone post a link to this spreadsheet from HMX? Thanks.

Error1355

Has the Queen 01 Pack been corrected yet? I remember it only downloading four or so of the songs.

I haven't had much time to play lately and that's fine as I'm mostly still waiting for exports to start sinking a ton of time into this. >_>

Edit: The link above answered that. >_>

vg260

Man, it looks bleak for those Ozzy pack-exclusive singles based on the wording in that sheet.

I'll hate if we lose Bark at the Moon. That's one of my favs to play.

Uploaded that excel document to something useful to 99% of the internet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRbHeZBeTyH2Imfe0S9MpP4pUXlLipoUUcPnQNWuOoY/pubhtml

e: btw, I've been spending the bulk of my time in RB3 and RBB and a good chunk of stuff is showing up unavailable in the in game store. You can still purchase from the web store and download no problem (NA PSN to be clear). As well all my DLC purchases in RB4 have carried back to RB3/RBB without issues. Hopefully it is just because they are messing with stuff on the back end. I guess we can't assume last gen stuff will carry on forever.

Also, it will show unavailable even if you own it, will not say purchased. I was only able to get a number of songs from my download history.

Cathcart

It's wishful thinking, but let's say they keep up the pattern of a new export every week (we have Blitz and Green Day now), this is what it could look like:

Week 1: 2 track packs
Week 2: 2 track packs
Week 3: 2 track packs
Week 4: RB Lego
Week 5: RB1
Week 6: RB2
Week 7: RB3

They've explicitly stated that the other exports will be coming "later on" after RB3, which they are "planning" to include with the Dec 8th update. I'd be surprised to see them before 2016. If there was a chance they'd be available in December they probably would have said that.

Has the Queen 01 Pack been corrected yet? I remember it only downloading four or so of the songs.

I haven't had much time to play lately and that's fine as I'm mostly still waiting for exports to start sinking a ton of time into this. >_>

Edit: The link above answered that. >_>

Nope :(

The only dlc I'm missing that hasn't been delisted is the 5 songs from Queen Pack 01 and The Doors Greatest Hits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The new Aerosmith pack is $10 for 6 songs.

$15 is an absolute steal if the only other option is losing 80+ songs due to stupid music licensing.
Well, to be fair, you also have to buy RB3 as well so it's more than 15... but yeah, I'll probably do it anyway.

I still wish they prioritized the other track packs first though.

FyreWulff

I imagine at this point Harmonix may be waiting for the patch for exports since they might be forced to patch a custom UI into RB4 to grab expired and unlisted content (exports) if first party isn't going to let them use the store directly to expose those to existing owners.

That says "later on", and does not specify "after Rock Band 3".

I cannot believe that 1 & 2 exports will arrive after 3, considering they know those would be exportable long before they decided on making 3 available as well.
Then Harmonix needs to hire a better writer, since it clearly states "later on" in reference to their update about the availability of RB3 export.

Then Harmonix needs to hire a better writer, since it clearly states "later on" in reference to their update about the availability of RB3 export.

It can be interpreted either way... Much like a lot of their statements lately. I wouldn't say it's "explicitly" stated, as someone else suggested.

Kolma

BTW for anyone wanting cheap new mics.

Best Buy has those mics that come free with GH Live purchases for sale standalone at $20.
They don't come in a box or anything, just a clear plastic bag.

BTW for anyone wanting cheap new mics.

Best Buy has those mics that come free with GH Live purchases for sale standalone at $20.
They don't come in a box or anything, just a clear plastic bag.

Any clue if they work on a PS3? RB4 mic does not, unfortunately. Unless I did something wrong.

^^ That is what I figured but wasn't working the other night when I tried. Maybe I fumbled plugging in the USB all the way or something. Trying again now. Will report back.

Edit: Yep. Guess I am a dummy. Working fine now. All I need now is a guitar.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I imagine at this point Harmonix may be waiting for the patch for exports since they might be forced to patch a custom UI into RB4 to grab expired and unlisted content (exports) if first party isn't going to let them use the store directly to expose those to existing owners.
I'd be happy with that if that means I can just have a "Download all RB1 tracks" button.

Question for any that own the country packs. I'm not huge into country but I like different music and I have some friends that may like the songs. Are both track packs worth it at a good price, just Country 1, just Country 2?

FyreWulff

Question for any that own the country packs. I'm not huge into country but I like different music and I have some friends that may like the songs. Are both track packs worth it at a good price, just Country 1, just Country 2?

I bought both CTP1 and 2 (and then I won a code for the RB3 version CTP2 megapack, so I have it twice!). I preferred CTP1 over 2 because 1 has a wider palette of the style of songs on it.. CTP2 is almost all pop-country, which I am personally not a big fan of.

CTP1 also has Sin Wagon which is a really hard song on guitar because it's charted banjo.

If I had to choose between them i'd buy CTP1 and cherry pick Mama Tried and Ring of Fire from CTP2 as DLC singles off the store.

I bought both CTP1 and 2 (and then I won a code for the RB3 version CTP2 megapack, so I have it twice!). I preferred CTP1 over 2 because 1 has a wider range of country from the oldies to new. CTP2 is almost all 2000 or later pop-country, which I am personally not a big fan of.

CTP1 also has Sin Wagon which is a really hard song on guitar because it's charted banjo.

If I had to choose between them i'd buy CTP1 and cherry pick Mama Tried and Ring of Fire from CTP2 as DLC singles off the store.

Thanks for the input! Now let's see the prices I can find!

edit: Apparently CTP1 can't be found for cheap sealed anywhere, only CTP2 haha. I guess I'll take a listen and see if I like any of the songs and just get the DLC.

FyreWulff

Thanks for the input! Now let's see the prices I can find!

edit: Apparently CTP1 can't be found for cheap sealed anywhere, only CTP2 haha. I guess I'll take a listen and see if I like any of the songs and just get the DLC.

my favs off 1:

Can't Let Go - Lucinda Williams
Cry Lonely - Cross Canadian Ragweed (it's just one of those fun chordy strum songs)
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Satellite Radio - Steve Earle
Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks
The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
Suds in the Bucket - Sara Evans (i don't know what it is with this song, it gets stuck in your head)

my favs off 1:

Can't Let Go - Lucinda Williams
Cry Lonely - Cross Canadian Ragweed (it's just one of those fun chordy strum songs)
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Satellite Radio - Steve Earle
Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks
The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
Suds in the Bucket - Sara Evans (i don't know what it is with this song, it gets stuck in your head)

Thanks, I'll check these out tonight. Classic rock, ACDC, and CTP2 have a ton of copies still apparently. Best Buy actually has CTP2 for just $10 new!

Wonder if or when "Bass Boost" is going to be added. Playing bass is shit at the moment without it. And that's my favourite instrument!

Oh, and individual star and percentage tracking on the quickplay list for both guitar and bass. Only shows the first one you play and doesn't recognize you switching instruments.

Top Bottom