• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I guess, at this point, the hope for ION drums support on Xbox One is gone. Harmonix is completely ignoring tweets about it and it looks like they just don't care.

Has anybody actually tried this mod?

http://imgur.com/a/WKq6B

Is it risky for my drums? Does it work without crosstalk, dropped notes, etc? Does it work with any model? Or just with the EL drums?

This is so frustrating.

I mean, they've already stated that it is out of their hands. What more do you want them to do?

They told us to contact ION about it, because they need to supply the drivers for the XB1 for it to work.

FyreWulff

I guess, at this point, the hope for ION drums support on Xbox One is gone. Harmonix is completely ignoring tweets about it and it looks like they just don't care.

Is it risky for my drums? Does it work without crosstalk, dropped notes, etc? Does it work with any model? Or just with the EL drums?

This is so frustrating.

It's 100% out of their hands. Ask Microsoft to allow wired peripherals from last gen to work on Xbox One. the IONs work on PS4 because Sony is allowing wired peripherals to work there.

ViciousDS

Banned
If Harmonix failed to convince ms, I doubt anyone here asking would be more successful.

An indie company doing the work for a 3rd part peripheral is asking too much. It's not harmonixs job to get the Drivers for the controller to work. The most they can do is get ion to work with Microsoft to get there stuff to work.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Thanks, ya'll! I will lurk in here and if there any DLC entitlement issues I will not be able to help you, but will complain about them alongside you. ;)

I will tell Pope to get on GAF, ASAP.

If I buy a new copy of Green Day Rock Band will the export be expired or does it work for some people? Otherwise I have to contact EA support right?

Also: Do the Blitz tracks work without downloading and playing it on your PS3 first?

If I buy a new copy of Green Day Rock Band will the export be expired or does it work for some people? Otherwise I have to contact EA support right?

Also: Do the Blitz tracks work without downloading and playing it on your PS3 first?

I was able to export Green Day Rock Band on PS3 as of Wednesday (21st)

How do I go about letting Harmonix know about songs messed up? I searched the spreadsheet, but I see no mention of Santeria by Sublime not working (it shows up as Purchased but won't let me download, a la Take Me Out, Take On Me, etc.).

Also that spreadsheet says I should be able to download The Doors songs individually but I can't, probably related to the free RB3 launch pack (since the pack they offered those who got the pre-order songs is different, iirc). Ugh.

Did finally get blitz to work though!

Meant to be having a Rock band party on Sunday and the dlc is still not up on the EU PSN store

Anyone in the EU able to get any of the packs below downloaded? So many good party songs in those packs

The White Stripes Pack 2
Classic Rock Pack
David Bowie Pack 1
Franz Ferdinand Pack 1
The Killers Pack 1
Nirvana Pack 2
The Police Pack 1
Punk Pack 1

Megatron

I have tried several times on 360 (NA) with no luck

Bought the $250 PS4 band in a box pack, since I don't have an Xbox One. However, I do have all three previous games, instruments, and a ton of dlc on the 360. It's sitting unopened at the moment, and I realized that after dlc, I might actually save money by returning it and buying an Xbox One with a standalone copy of the game.

Anyone have impressions between the two? Does one platform stand out above the others? All of my gaming friends are now on PS4, and I don't really need an Xbox One otherwise. Perhaps my being on the fence is a sign this was a clear impulse buy, and I should just leave Rock Band in the past altogether...

Bought the $250 PS4 band in a box pack, since I don't have an Xbox One. However, I do have all three previous games, instruments, and a ton of dlc on the 360. It's sitting unopened at the moment, and I realized that after dlc, I might actually save money by returning it and buying an Xbox One with a standalone copy of the game.

Anyone have impressions between the two? Does one platform stand out above the others? All of my gaming friends are now on PS4, and I don't really need an Xbox One otherwise. Perhaps my being on the fence is a sign this was a clear impulse buy, and I should just leave Rock Band in the past altogether...

If you'd spend that much to get your dlc back, that basically means free x1 if you go the xbox route :p

so i've got rock band 4 since last sunday..
I've got a Lepaul guitar , the standard mic/usb already and a rock band 1 battery so i got the game digital.( on PS4 )

Getting your dlc back in such a long process for me, i have lots of dlc , and that took quite a bit of time. Several disconnect on the store... so annoying.

Loving the legacy instrument support ..good move harmonix
Not enjoying that i can't tilt my guitar in order to do star power ... i have to use the old select button , and that forces me to move my hand and it's VERY tricky in many songs .. thankfully Rb keep the bonus time between songs , so i can manage.

The game is cleaner than RB3 & 2 , but that's to be expected. Freestyle solos are AMAZING.. the game however seems to have less tutorial than RB3...weird Is this game for old timers , only ?

RB4 detected my Tv setting and calibrated itself ( Excellent move )

The RB4 playlist is the least intresting of the main RB games.. very disapointing.
The show gameplay is ok , but could be better , i don't dislike it , but it works in parties.
The tour IS ... messy..very messy .. it's SUCH A DOWNGRADE!!
i can't believe it. RB3 small animation were repetitive but it had a feelign you know, something ..it's missing , the little text below the loading screen is not enough.
The choices are not that intresting , it's sooooo basic.

I don't regret my purchase , because a prettier rock band is great ..

Well i guess i need to play with some friends on the PSN that i have maybe i'll forget about those flaws when i'll joke and chat with them while playing

WAIT ...

wait

Meant to be having a Rock band party on Sunday and the dlc is still not up on the EU PSN store

Anyone in the EU able to get any of the packs below downloaded? So many good party songs in those packs

The White Stripes Pack 2
Classic Rock Pack
David Bowie Pack 1
Franz Ferdinand Pack 1
The Killers Pack 1
Nirvana Pack 2
The Police Pack 1
Punk Pack 1

Advice: Expect literally nothing from SCEE and when they do upload some DLC it will be even more uplifting. And also they're fucking useless so you might as well.

No Punk 01 or White Stripes 02 for me. Hell they still haven't put up QOTSA 01 or Juke Box Hero and they were in the first bloody DLC week.

This is so frustrating.

They seemed to be ignoring the tweets for a while, and then randomly responded to me saying that they were still working on it and would say something when there is something to say.

So...unless some new information has shown up today I'm unaware of, it's still possible?

This is so frustrating.

It's only risky to the kit you are destroying.

I did this, and I have a lots of crosstalk between drums because the ION frame is crap. Trying some modifications this weekend to see if it helps.

Iorv3th

Ok, trying to set it up to play, having the most infuriating time with the drums. Trying to do the firmware update (xbox one) and my PC will not detect the drums over USB. When I try to enter it into firmware update mode, it just flashes like its trying to sync. Can't get them to sync with the xbox either.

Is there an easy explanation or is my drumkit just broken?

Edit: Fixed. Apparently the chromecast cable isn't good enough for the drums had to use my phone cable.

Kolma

Ok, trying to set it up to play, having the most infuriating time with the drums. Trying to do the firmware update (xbox one) and my PC will not detect the drums over USB. When I try to enter it into firmware update mode, it just flashes like its trying to sync. Can't get them to sync with the xbox either.

Is there an easy explanation or is my drumkit just broken?

Edit: Fixed. Apparently the chromecast cable isn't good enough for the drums had to use my phone cable.

Wouldn't surprise me if Chromecast Cable only supplied power

I should probably double check Rock Band 3 to make sure that I actually own the DLC that I think I own (marked down in DLCQuickplay). Don't want to submit a "hey my DLC isn't downloading" when I don't actually own the content I'd be complaining about.

There's some stuff that I can't believe I didn't buy though. I didn't buy "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar??? Man, I was some punk back in high school

Trogdor1123

Rockband 1 working on PS4 yet? I can't seem to find it on my PS4. I assume I am doing something wrong yes?

I had the ACDC DLC as well (via a disc) and it doesn't seem to show up either.

i wish I could get a copy of RB2 to export it as well but there doesn't seem to be any where I live. No idea if that works either.

TIA

FyreWulff

Rockband 1 working on PS4 yet? I can't seem to find it on my PS4. I assume I am doing something wrong yes?

I had the ACDC DLC as well (via a disc) and it doesn't seem to show up either.

i wish I could get a copy of RB2 to export it as well but there doesn't seem to be any where I live. No idea if that works either.

TIA

Exports are coming in December.

You have to call EA for an RB2 code but from what I can tell EA has finally stopped giving those out.

B-Dex

Went through all the DLC and filled out my wishlist. 118 items. At least I don't have to wade through all of it again.

Just bought £15 xbox credit aaaaaaaand it's gone.

Picked up
Fall Out Boy pack 1
Foo Fighters pack 4 (and These Days)
My Chemical Romance pack 1
Pressure - Paramore
As well as the other 60ish dlcs I've bought before (waiting on smooth criminal to appear) plus the exports when available.

Whenever I get money I might set a little bit aside as a Rock Band DLC Fund :p

Is the new guitar worth it over stuff like the beatles ones?
And what things could be possible on the firmware updates?

wilflare

Just bought £15 xbox credit aaaaaaaand it's gone.

Picked up
Fall Out Boy pack 1
Foo Fighters pack 4 (and These Days)
My Chemical Romance pack 1
Pressure - Paramore
As well as the other 60ish dlcs I've bought before (waiting on smooth criminal to appear) plus the exports when available.

Whenever I get money I might set a little bit aside as a Rock Band DLC Fund :p

Is the new guitar worth it over stuff like the beatles ones?
And what things could be possible on the firmware updates?

in my own experience using the PS3 beatles set on PS4, the auto-calibration doesn't seem to work (not detected at all)

auto-calibration, assurance of firmware updates are making me more inclined towards the new instruments

WoolyNinja

Bought myself some Pro Drum cymbals for my b-day and had been playing since Wednesday. Thought I'd set them up right but they kept sliding down constantly. Today I re-read the instructions to make sure and noticed a ;make sure they click' step. It felt like I was going to break the plastic but sure enough squeeze hard enough and those black brackets snap.

Amazingly, once setup correctly the cymbals are working perfectly!

Bought myself some Pro Drum cymbals for my b-day and had been playing since Wednesday. Thought I'd set them up right but they kept sliding down constantly. Today I re-read the instructions to make sure and noticed a ;make sure they click' step. It felt like I was going to break the plastic but sure enough squeeze hard enough and those black brackets snap.

Amazingly, once setup correctly the cymbals are working perfectly!

Which cymbals did you get? Are the RB4 ones even out yet?

Top Bottom