• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

How the hell do I get to Electric Six Pack 01 on Xbox One?!

It's been delisted from the in-game store due to licensing, but I should be able to redownload it, right? I never purchased the full pack, for the record, just "Gay Bar" - how do I find this track to get at it?

It's been delisted from the in-game store due to licensing, but I should be able to redownload it, right? I never purchased the full pack, for the record, just "Gay Bar" - how do I find this track to get at it?

None of the delisted tracks are currently available for anyone who purchased them at any point. They are expected to made available at a later date to previous purchasers, but Harmonix is currently prioritizing issues with songs that were never delisted.

Kolma

Funny enough...
I too only had gay bar.
But right before RB4 launched they put up some delisted songs for purchase which included this 3 pack :D
So I bought the other 2 songs from it... didn't rebuy gaybar...
Waiting to get that song now and regretting not paying an extra 2 bucks just to have it now :(

We had a party last night and played Rock Band 4 for hours. Played so many songs that were so much fun to sing with three vocalists.

Is "Wrong Way" by Sublime broken for anyone else, though?

Our lyrics bar started with harmonies of "Am I a guitar?" and "You are a guitar" at the same time (which I don't even remember being in the song...is that actually in the song?), followed by the rest of the song being presented without lyrics at all. I just launched it again to test and it's doing the same thing. Looks like it's broken in Harmonies for me, but not Solo.

We had a party last night and played Rock Band 4 for hours. Played so many songs that were so much fun to sing with three vocalists.

Is "Wrong Way" by Sublime broken for anyone else, though?

Our lyrics bar started with harmonies of "Am I a guitar?" and "You are a guitar" at the same time (which I don't even remember being in the song...is that actually in the song?), followed by the rest of the song being presented without lyrics at all. I just launched it again to test and it's doing the same thing. Looks like it's broken in Harmonies for me, but not Solo.

I don't own that song, but I've seen that reported on the Harmonix Forums.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
I don't own that song, but I've seen that reported on the Harmonix Forums.

HMX got their harmonies data from custom makers for old songs that didnt have harmonies. So it might just be a song they forgot to check or something.

Have anyone tried this before :

After starting quickplay RB4 automatically seem to update songs for some reason(on XB1)... i cant play cause its going through all my current songs(1400ish atm)

chunk3rvd

Regarding the PS4 Blitz export - I fired up Blitz on my PS3 and it prompted me to download the song pack again. I started the download then cancelled it (since I already have them installed) then switched over to my PS4. In my My Add-Ons section I only have 24 of the 25 songs. It seems like So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold is missing. Is there a known issue with this song or has my transfer fucked up? I'm in the EU if that makes a difference

espher

HMX got their harmonies data from custom makers for old songs that didnt have harmonies. So it might just be a song they forgot to check or something.

Have anyone tried this before :

After starting quickplay RB4 automatically seem to update songs for some reason(on XB1)... i cant play cause its going through all my current songs(1400ish atm)

Not one of mine. :)

I just got this and I'm kinda disappointed. It really feels like a step backwards after playing guitar hero live (I never thought I'd be saying that.)

I used to be the biggest rock band fan but the same seems just kinda... Stale.

I feel like I only really got it because I already had a bunch of DLC, this is not how I expected to feel....

Also I'm randomly having dropped notes and I don't feel its lag or anything. Is this an issue? (I'm using legacy instruments)

While getting ready for this week's Rock Band DLC announcement, I might as well quickly share what I thought of the last week's DLC!

Cryin' - The only song I knew coming in and surprisingly not even my favorite which is fantastic news. Good song, even though it's super sappy.

Eat The Rich - I've heard this song a billion times before and I have no idea where. I also thought the chorus was "Be the best". Oops. It's freaking great, though. Glad I had a "oh that song" moment

Love In An Elevator - Super lame and generic zzzz. Alright chorus, though.

Dude (Looks Like A Lady) - A super odd song. I like it more than I think I should. Why should you care that the dude looks like a lady Mr. Tyler? Awesome song, though, just for its bizarre weirdness and fun sound.

Rats In The Cellar - A complete mess. The song is all over the place and while it's interesting, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be listening to.

Seasons of Wither - About as generic as Love In An Elevator, but without the benefit of the chorus.

Overall, I thought this week's DLC was much better than I anticipated. Gonna cherry pick the better songs. To the wishlist!

Rankings:
Eat The Rich
Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
Rats In The Cellar
Love In An Elevator
Seasons of Wither

PlatStrat

Neo Member
While getting ready for this week's Rock Band DLC announcement, I might as well quickly share what I thought of the last week's DLC!

Cryin' - The only song I knew coming in and surprisingly not even my favorite which is fantastic news. Good song, even though it's super sappy.

Eat The Rich - I've heard this song a billion times before and I have no idea where. I also thought the chorus was "Be the best". Oops. It's freaking great, though. Glad I had a "oh that song" moment

Love In An Elevator - Super lame and generic zzzz. Alright chorus, though.

Dude (Looks Like A Lady) - A super odd song. I like it more than I think I should. Why should you care that the dude looks like a lady Mr. Tyler? Awesome song, though, just for its bizarre weirdness and fun sound.

Rats In The Cellar - A complete mess. The song is all over the place and while it's interesting, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be listening to.

Seasons of Wither - About as generic as Love In An Elevator, but without the benefit of the chorus.

Overall, I thought this week's DLC was much better than I anticipated. Gonna cherry pick the better songs. To the wishlist!

Rankings:
Eat The Rich
Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
Rats In The Cellar
Love In An Elevator
Seasons of Wither
How did you not hear Dude Looks Like a Lady before? That's like one of their most popular hits.

Last week's DLC isn't up yet on the UK PS4 store. Nothing from the older stuff yet either. It's like they quite literally have one person to do this and they're off sick. Eat the Rich looks so fun as well. :(

How did you not hear Dude Looks Like a Lady before? That's like one of their most popular hits.
I get asked this question online all of the time regarding music. Which I think is odd considering that I've always been considered the "music guy who knows albums" in my social circles.

I have long come to the realization that classic tracks aren't anywhere near as ubiquitous as people think they are.

chunk3rvd

I get asked this question online all of the time regarding music. Which I think is odd considering that I've always been considered the "music guy who knows albums" in my social circles.

I have long come to the realization that classic tracks aren't anywhere near as ubiquitous as people think they are.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm convinced every child of the 80's/90's must know Dude Looks Like a Lady due to this:

Mrs-Doubtfire-GIFs.jpg

Edit: haha. Great minds think alike. Can't think of that song without remembering Mrs Doubtfire!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm convinced every child of the 80's/90's must know Dude Looks Like a Lady due to this:

Edit: haha. Great minds think alike. Can't think of that song without remembering Mrs Doubtfire!
I'm in my early 20s! And yeah I've never seen Mrs. Doubtfire. Doesn't seem like my kind of movie

EDIT: Urgh, talk about a miss for DLC.
Also fun fact, for years I didn't know INXS was pronounced "In Excess"

In for People Are People, maybe Always Something There as well. Not sure about What You Need.

Song's about hair metal musicians in general and Vince Neil in particular.

Yaari

Will probably get the Depeche Mode song. Don't care for the other 2 too much, but good DLC regardless. Hope they keep that up.

Kolma

Looks like INXS - What you need is my highlight of this week's DLC.

All are good songs I enjoy but sounds to me like What you need would be most fun to play.

I'm in my early 20s! And yeah I've never seen Mrs. Doubtfire. Doesn't seem like my kind of movie

EDIT: Urgh, talk about a miss for DLC.
Also fun fact, for years I didn't know INXS was pronounced "In Excess"

I think people get surprised about the things you aren't familiar with in terms of pop culture more than anything else. Like, I'd argue that for people your/our age, their first exposure to "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)" was Mrs. Doubtfire, which was a very popular movie.

I think people get surprised about the things you aren't familiar with in terms of pop culture more than anything else. Like, I'd argue that for people your/our age, their first exposure to "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)" was Mrs. Doubtfire, which was a very popular movie.
That's a bit more fair and accurate.

I think that there's so much to pop culture that nothing anybody can say that they haven't experienced would surprise me... except for Mean Girls. That's the closest thing we have to mandatory viewing for a human being, imo.

Like I knew that Mrs. Doubtfire was a comedy movie and maybe about a cross dressing babysitter? Didn't even know Williams was in it until you guys brought it up.

opoth

Banned
Nice choices but I was hoping that they would stay away from songs that would be (eventually) nice on keyboard for awhile, in case they ever come back in a year or two.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
That's a bit more fair and accurate.

I think that there's so much to pop culture that nothing anybody can say that they haven't experienced would surprise me... except for Mean Girls. That's the closest thing we have to mandatory viewing for a human being, imo.

Like I knew that Mrs. Doubtfire was a comedy movie and maybe about a cross dressing babysitter? Didn't even know Williams was in it until you guys brought it up.
Quick synopsis of Mrs. Doubtfire: Robin Williams plays a loving but screwup dad who is in the middle of a divorce and is only allowed to see his kids at certain visitation periods. To see them more often, he pretends to be a british nanny. Comedy and feels ensues. Very good movie and a classic of Williams.

Top Bottom