• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

CloudWolf

What the- All the Rage Back Home by Interpol is showing in-store as Purchased, yet I've never bought that song? I know, since if I had purchased it, surely it would've been at the same time as I purchased/downloaded the other launch DLC.

Oh well, free Interpol song for me.

Edag88

Banned
So I saw in that importing blog update Harmonix did, they were talking about getting the RB3 import into RB4 for the December 8th episode...but they also said RB1 and RB2 require RB3.

So does that mean we won't have anything working for RB1 or RB2 before December 8th?

BadRamen

Mid-20s here, seen Mrs Doubtfire fo sho. Never seen Mean Girls. Boom. Also have never seen Juno the movie with Superbad Michael Cera.

Shall we start the campaign for more Electric Six songs?

mojiimbo

What the- All the Rage Back Home by Interpol is showing in-store as Purchased, yet I've never bought that song? I know, since if I had purchased it, surely it would've been at the same time as I purchased/downloaded the other launch DLC.

Oh well, free Interpol song for me.
Did you preorder the Xbone digital version? It was part of the free pack you got for doing that.

CloudWolf

Did you preorder the Xbone digital version? It was part of the free pack you got for doing that.

I know, but I didn't. It's weird, it's only that song that showed up as 'purchased', not the other Xbox One pre-order songs that I didn't buy. Oh well, could've been worse, it could've been one of the All That Remains songs or that Throne shit.

EDIT: I just realized why There's Always Someone There to Remind Me sounded so familiar despite me never having heard of Naked Eyes, the Sandie Shaw version was a big hit here in The Netherlands.

dgco86

Oh boy, I had to nuke my RB4 installation + DLC after having some problems with my Xbox One, and it seems like I can't redownload Rock n Roll Star by Oasis now. It shows a loading animation in the RB4 music store instead of "Purchased" or "In Library". Is it gone for good?

zulux21

man....
some fun songs to sing in this weeks dlc but I think I will just wishlist them for a sale because the lack of keys will make me to sad.

80s songs without being able to play keys :(

I mean I wish for people are people we at least got this version instead as it wouldn't make me miss the keys.

CloudWolf

Oh boy, I had to nuke my RB4 installation + DLC after having some problems with my Xbox One, and it seems like I can't redownload Rock n Roll Star by Oasis now. It shows a loading animation in the RB4 music store instead of "Purchased" or "In Library". Is it gone for good?

It will probably come back. It was delisted, so it's been pulled from the Store again, but the delisted songs should become available for people that had the songs sometime in the future.

ViciousDS

Banned
nice....I love saving money! Another week to skip

edit: and still no site of the drum firmware. WOW, they really don't want to fix the instrument issues do they

Wessiej

After reading literally everything I still don't get one export thing.
I have exported rock band 2 into 3, and have an export key for the first Rock Band.

Do I need to plug in my ps3 to export rock band 1 into 3, or is the key enough?

After reading literally everything I still don't get one export thing.
I have exported rock band 2 into 3, and have an export key for the first Rock Band.

Do I need to plug in my ps3 to export rock band 1 into 3, or is the key enough?

If all you want is to be able to play the RB1 songs in Rock Band 4, you just need to buy the key. If you want to play the RB1 songs in Rock Band 3, you need the RB1 disc and a PS3.

edit: and still no site of the drum firmware. WOW, they really don't want to fix the instrument issues do they

IBitePrettyHard was streaming the new firmware update he got from Mad Catz the other night. The fast rolls seem to be mostly fixed, so we should be getting something soon.

For the record I was having SEVERE problems with the Red pad not registering using the batteries that came with the drums. Switched to some old batteries (like GHWT old) that I never replaced and all of a sudden I started hitting it all the time. That may help.

Southcott

Hi guys

Does anyone know if the 30 Song Pre-Order code is region free? Reason being in the UK these were incredibly hard to find and there are a few sellers on eBay US selling them.

If someone can tell me if XBL DLC codes are region free I will go ahead and buy one.

Unless anyone on here wants to sell me one!

Lady Gaia

man....
some fun songs to sing in this weeks dlc but I think I will just wishlist them for a sale because the lack of keys will make me to sad.

80s songs without being able to play keys :(

I know the feeling. I'm almost certainly going to buy the pack but I'll mourn what was lost just the same.

How much longer do I have to wait for 18 and a Life and Play With Me?

giphy.gif

:(

Is new DLC RB3 compatible? If so, do you need to buy the last gen version of the song to get it on both platforms?

No, anything released from October 6 onward is only playable in Rock Band 4.

Excellent week of singles. All songs I've wanted from each band. DLC is on a roll so far!

I imagine "Always Something There To Remind me" will be an "oh that song" kind of song for a bunch of people.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Well let's see if we actually get the DLC on EU PSN this time. I mean, not that I plan on buying anything until the folks at SCEE get their thumbs out their buttholes, but at least it'll be an indicator of how much hope there's left that this utterly fucked DLC situation will be resolved some time soon.

SlickVic

Anyone know if the bonus preorder songs were included in the box or was it provided separately? Just wondering if I pick up the guitar bundle now if there's any chance a code might be inside for those songs.

MrNelson

Banned
Anyone know if the bonus preorder songs were included in the box or was it provided separately? Just wondering if I pick up the guitar bundle now if there's any chance a code might be inside for those songs.
My code was on my receipt, and there was nothing in the box. So no codes unless you actually preordered.

Megatron

We are probably going to need a new thread for the dlc drops at some point. Anyone feel they can maintain it regularly?

Kolma

We are probably going to need a new thread for the dlc drops at some point. Anyone feel they can maintain it regularly?

The people that are active in this OT is relatively small and tame.
I don't see a need for separate DLC OT's

It's not like story or spoiler related expansion packs.

XShagrath

I don't see the need for a separate new DLC thread, Rock Band is all about DLC anyway. We can make individual threads for major DLC releases, like full albums.
There is absolutely no need for a separate thread for DLC news. If someone wants to know what DLC is coming out, they can just check RB's twitter or any number of sites like rockbandaide or something like that.

Rocksmith clearly wins the DLC of the week for this week. They're releasing a song I desperately wanted for Rock Band 3.

Focus - Hocus Pocus

Am I the only one that is holding off on playing anymore RB4 because I am waiting for the disc exports to be available?

I played a ton of RB4 in the first week and really enjoyed it (Minus the fact that I still can't use my IONs on Xbone :'(). I love how it implements the DLC songs into the tour mode and all I kept thinking was how much better the tour mode would be with ALL my songs. So I have decided to just wait until I have them all to continue my tour. I may still turn it on for some quickplay jam sessions but other than that I am waiting. I am also hopeful that between now and them there will be some good news on IONs for Xbone.

anyways, anyone else feel this way too?

Am I the only one that is holding off on playing anymore RB4 because I am waiting for the disc exports to be available?

I played a ton of RB4 in the first week and really enjoyed it (Minus the fact that I still can't use my IONs on Xbone :'(). I love how it implements the DLC songs into the tour mode and all I kept thinking was how much better the tour mode would be with ALL my songs. So I have decided to just wait until I have them all to continue my tour. I may still turn it on for some quickplay jam sessions but other than that I am waiting. I am also hopeful that between now and them there will be some good news on IONs for Xbone.

Still waiting on almost 300 export songs! Including RB3.

Same here. I haven't even started the Tour Mode yet for that reason.

zulux21

Added functionality to support vocal overdrive deploy with touch pad for PlayStation 4
Added support for streaming audio for PlayStation 4

sweet. really wanted the vocal overdrive deploy support as I like to play harmonies and on a lot of songs I can't activate with one mic :/
and being able to stream with audio is always good.

beyond that, not that exciting, but the big update isn't until dec right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sweet. really wanted the vocal overdrive deploy support as I like to play harmonies and on a lot of songs I can't activate with one mic :/
and being able to stream with audio is always good.

beyond that, not that exciting, but the big update isn't until dec right?
Is there a way to do vocal overdrive on Xbox with the controller?

zulux21

Is there a way to do vocal overdrive on Xbox with the controller?

I'm not sure what it is on the xbox, but on the ps3 it was originally the select button the controller so I would guess it would be the back button the xbox one.

the only reason I know of that it was an issue on the ps4 is because they made the select button slot share, and added the touch pad button and harmonix didn't realize they could map to that instead.

I am sure someone else might know. but I know I am in the minority of people who play vocals.

Top Bottom