• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kolma

I'm not sure what it is on the xbox, but on the ps3 it was originally the select button the controller so I would guess it would be the back button the xbox one.

the only reason I know of that it was an issue on the ps4 is because they made the select button slot share, and added the touch pad button and harmonix didn't realize they could map to that instead.

I am sure someone else might know. but I know I am in the minority of people who play vocals.

Can confirm from previous attemps that view button does function for overdrive on XOne.

Also A button for tambourine/cowbell hits (should work as X on PS controller)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not sure what it is on the xbox, but on the ps3 it was originally the select button the controller so I would guess it would be the back button the xbox one.

the only reason I know of that it was an issue on the ps4 is because they made the select button slot share, and added the touch pad button and harmonix didn't realize they could map to that instead.

I am sure someone else might know. but I know I am in the minority of people who play vocals.

I'll try that the next time I fire up the game. Trying to scream to activate overdrive never worked for me.

Now if only the new guitar could use kickpedals to do star power...

Can confirm from previous attemps that view button does function for overdrive on XOne.

Also A button for tambourine/cowbell hits (should work as X on PS controller)
Ah, neat. :)

Gorki247

I hope they also adress the genders sometime in the future. It irks me to see my male vocalist showing up for songs with a female vocalist. In RB3 if there was a song with a female vocalist in a setlist and you had a female band member it would swap the vocalist position to her. I'd like to see that return.

I agree, but according to their twitter account, HMX doesn't. In response to this same concern from someone else, they replied:

"and we disagree. There are plenty of bands with men or women singers who cover songs by other genders. To us, this is authentic"

Sounds like a poor excuse to me.

CloudWolf

I agree, but according to their twitter account, HMX doesn't. In response to this same concern from someone else, they replied:

"and we disagree. There are plenty of bands with men or women singers who cover songs by other genders. To us, this is authentic"

Sounds like a poor excuse to me.
You know, I get HMX's response... but that would only be a valid response when the song in-game was sung with a male voice if a male char sang a female song and vice versa. Hearing Pat Benatar's voice coming out of a dude is just weird.

You know, I get HMX's response... but that would only be a valid response when the song in-game was sung with a male voice if a male char sang a female song and vice versa. Hearing Pat Benatar's voice coming out of a dude is just weird.

I find it less weird when it's a woman singing a male voice, for some reason.

Gorki247

My current solution is to make an androgynous looking character for the stand-in singer. Not easy though, as you either have to hide the stuble on a male face, or the breasts for the female body.

zulux21

My current solution is to make an androgynous looking character for the stand-in singer. Not easy though, as you either have to hide the stuble on a male face, or the breasts for the female body.

yeah, my wife was pretty pissed at the creators that you can't have a clean shaven male face. She couldn't figure out how someone could decide it was okay to force stubble like RB4 does.

chunk3rvd

Mentioned a few days ago about how I'd exported RB Blitz to my PS4 but one of the songs (Avenged Sevenfold) is missing. When I checked my download list through a desktop browser I noticed that the missing song appears to be corrupt:

P88jhv5.jpg

There's a blue box where the missing item should be so I assume that's my missing song. Anyone seen something like this before? Would I be better raising this with Harmonix or Sony? Seems to be more of a PSN fault than something on Harmonix's end

Gorger

They say they're fixing GH World Tour not going into overdrive when tilting. Do you guys think this fix applies to the Warrior of Rock guitar as well?

My RB1 mic is not being recognized on XB1 at all - whether it's plugged in directly or using the powered 360 USB hub. It used to get recognized and work fine with the hub. Without the hub, it disconnects my wireless controller and wireless guitar.

Sound like a hardware issue with the mic?

opoth

Banned
80s singles up on US XB1. I'm not seeing any new fixed entitlements for track packs so far this week, but I don't own the country packs.

Iorv3th

I had a problem the other day where my guitar just froze with the yellow and orange buttons down, no other buttons would respond at all. Before that the song randomly paused. New batteries in the new RB4 guitar for xbox. Had to reset the controller, it worked for a while then on another song it just stopped responding to all input again.

Anyone else have this problem or think it's just the batteries??

tetsuoFI

Finally got my band in a box today, scandinavia peasant here. I've been trying to update the firmware on my guitar and drums for a couple of hours now. The PC finds both of these controllers and everything should be ok. But the installer just gets stuck on the "Connect your product"-page and the next-button is gray. The guitar and drums still blink the red and blue lights after I've connected them, should they be permanent blue? Have tried with my Windows 7 desktop PC and a laptop that has Windows 8. I tried to connect them to the PS4 afterwards and that connection works just fine. Very frustrating, ugh.

FyreWulff

Finally got my band in a box today, scandinavia peasant here. I've been trying to update the firmware on my guitar and drums for a couple of hours now. The PC finds both of these controllers and everything should be ok. But the installer just gets stuck on the "Connect your product"-page and the next-button is gray. The guitar and drums still blink the red and blue lights after I've connected them, should they be permanent blue? Have tried with my Windows 7 desktop PC and a laptop that has Windows 8. I tried to connect them to the PS4 afterwards and that connection works just fine. Very frustrating, ugh.

Unplug your PS4 entirely (shut it down completely first), it's still grabbing the controllers. At least for starting troubleshooting

tetsuoFI

I tried it one more time after posting and the Windows 8 laptop found my drums correctly, the light was permanent blue. Phew, onwards testing the game!

evanmisha

Woot! Grabbed a used copy of Track Pack Volume 2 off Amazon and the code was unused! Owned a bunch of the tracks already, but the rest (especially Snow) for the 10$ I spent is a great deal for me.

CloudWolf

Jesus christ, Pistol Whipped. Never thought I'd see the day on which Vagiant has one of the most difficult songs in a Rock Band game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So at least something happened on EU PSN today; they made the legacy DLC that's been uploaded so far available in the Rock Band 4 category of the store, yay. Also the Doors pack that used to be a pre-order bonus for RB3 is available for free on the PS4 store (not on the webstore somehow), even if you didn't have it previously, just search for it in the RB4 add-on category.
I'll take that as a small excuse.

Tilt activation fix is encouraging. And the vocal drive activation.

The lack of Singstar mic support is disheartening and I hope that gets addressed.

Kolma

So as we all know. The NXOE is being pushed to people in the preview and it's going to be available to all Xbox One users come November 12th.

Now that I've accepted it into my life (it's installed on my Xbox One)

I'll get started on a theme that fits it well.

So at least something happened on EU PSN today; they made the legacy DLC that's been uploaded so far available in the Rock Band 4 category of the store, yay. Also the Doors pack that used to be a pre-order bonus for RB3 is available for free on the PS4 store (not on the webstore somehow), even if you didn't have it previously, just search for it in the RB4 add-on category.

Good find.

Give me the whole album and I might be okay with twenty days and counting of no DLC.

bachikarn

So I've never bought any Rock Band game before. I'm looking to buy Rock Band 4, but if I want to play the songs from the previous Rock Band games, what is the cheapest way to get them? Is it even possible?

Kolma

So here's what I got for my RB4 theme for NXOE.
Any suggestions?
If you guys think it's good enough I'll go ahead and unload the theme to imgur but I rather get changes fixed now so there's not multiple revisions out there.
tHraNKYl.png

tHraNKY.png

Full size here for those that want to see it better (click image)

Also if anyone that has 100+ friends online could take a picture with their NXOE homescreen it would help with making sure the circle is big enough to fit it.
I would need a proper snapshot via a capture device, or stream on windows 10 and take a snapshot that way with print screen key. (dunno if xbox one itself allows home snapshot)
Highly appreciated and much thanks to anyone that can help.
Not concerned with making 1000 fit but if someone can do one with fat numbers like 888 or something similar and not 111 which I believe takes up less space.

SlickVic

I feel even with all the missing features in RB4, once you get into the song, classic Rock Band/Guitar Hero is just so much fun to play. It's almost nice to have had such a prolonged break from these type of games, as everything feels so fresh again as I remember why these games were so addicting to me before. Only thing I'm really missing right now are RB 1-3 songs, hopefully those will all be up by December when RB 3 songs become available.

D43M0N

Neo Member

Still doesn't have everything, though - so NIN packs (but the Closer single is available), half the Weezer packs aren't available, the QOTSA "3's & 7's" single is available but not if you purchased the pack (and the other songs aren't around), Boston's not there, etc. At least something's happening, though.

Bauer91

A lot of the best stuff is still missing: Moving Pictures, Peace Sells, Screaming For Vengeance, Iron Maiden pack, Boston pack, Yngwie pack etc.

dgco86

Argh I really wish my Xbone didn't go nuts last week...

I'm in the midst of redownloading everything and noticed that a large swathe of the songs I downloaded and installed yesterday via the RB4 store are still showing up as "Purchased" instead of "In Library". I get a message saying that I already own the content when attempting to redownload via the in game store.

After some experimentation, I've noticed that the working songs say "Installed" in the Xbox One store. The problematic ones give me the option to install. I'm assuming something must have gone wrong in the installation process... Does anyone know why this is happening? More importantly, is there a quicker way to resolve this? I've tried rebuilding my song cache a few times and it doesn't help.

Just to add, when I go to "Manage Game" under Rock Band 4, I can see all my DLC (including the problematic ones).

Kolma

Argh I really wish my Xbone didn't go nuts last week...

I'm in the midst of redownloading everything and noticed that a large swathe of the songs I downloaded and installed yesterday via the RB4 store are still showing up as "Purchased" instead of "In Library". I get a message saying that I already own the content when attempting to redownload via the in game store.

After some experimentation, I've noticed that the working songs say "Installed" in the Xbox One store. The problematic ones give me the option to install. I'm assuming something must have gone wrong in the installation process... Does anyone know why this is happening? More importantly, is there a quicker way to resolve this? I've tried rebuilding my song cache a few times and it doesn't help.

Just to add, when I go to "Manage Game" under Rock Band 4, I can see all my DLC (including the problematic ones).

Double check on quickplay if the songs show up.

Can only suggest deleting the problem songs and redownloading them. (press menu on rock band 4 and hit manage game)

dgco86

Double check on quickplay if the songs show up.

Can only suggest deleting the problem songs and redownloading them. (press menu on rock band 4 and hit manage game)

Hmm nope they don't show up in quickplay either. I guess I'll have to delete/redownload another 200+ songs. :\

Apologies if this has been asked recently but is the 30 song pre-order pack for Xbox One working correctly now or is it still giving "Jane" issues? I want to finally redeem my code but all the crazy issues have scared me away.

So here's what I got for my RB4 theme for NXOE.
Any suggestions?
If you guys think it's good enough I'll go ahead and unload the theme to imgur but I rather get changes fixed now so there's not multiple revisions out there.
tHraNKYl.png

Can you do something about the Rock Band 4 logo area? It's a bit too claustrophobic imo. Maybe make it a little smaller and move it to the right a little, so the spacing is better and it plays nicely with the other elements?

Kolma

Can you do something about the Rock Band 4 logo area? It's a bit too claustrophobic imo. Maybe make it a little smaller and move it to the right a little, so the spacing is better and it plays nicely with the other elements?
tHraNKYm.png

Thanks for the suggestion!
Ill get it fixed up tonight (have to go to work soon)

If anyone has any other suggestions don't be afraid to comment and criticize!

pacman85

Thanks for the suggestion!
Ill get it fixed up tonight (have to go to work soon)

If anyone has any other suggestions don't be afraid to comment and criticize!
I think it looks great and will be downloading it/using it once you are finished with it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't have the game yet but I'm planning on it. Have some questions though.

Why is the PS3 version of RB3 so expensive? Amazon has new copies for like $80. What the hell?
Any word on when RB2 export will happen? That's still my favorite on-disc setlist of any rhythm game.

Gorger

A lot of the best stuff is still missing: Moving Pictures, Peace Sells, Screaming For Vengeance, Iron Maiden pack, Boston pack, Yngwie pack etc.

I have all of these songs some of the best DLC's right there. I was hoping the update would at least include some of them, but I guess not. Also no Thin Lizzy hurts as well, and the best Ozzy pack with Bark at the Moon and Mr.Crowley is still missing. I hope it won't take months for them to put them in, but knowing that Harmonix/SCEE relation I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't have the game yet but I'm planning on it. Have some questions though.

Why is the PS3 version of RB3 so expensive? Amazon has new copies for like $80. What the hell?
Any word on when RB2 export will happen? That's still my favorite on-disc setlist of any rhythm game.
RB3 has been out of print on PS3 for a while now.

Top Bottom