• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

CloudWolf

I have all of these songs some of the best DLC's right there. I was hoping the update would at least include some of them, but I guess not. Also no Thin Lizzy hurts as well, and the best Ozzy pack with Bark to the Moon and Mr.Crowley is still missing. I hope it won't take months for them to put them in, but knowing that Harmonix/SCEE relation I wouldn't be surprised.
Bark at the Moon is currently missing for everyone because that song was never available as single so they can't simply add it to the Marketplace because of rights.

darknil

Ah, that explains it.
Guess I'll have to settle on a used copy. I don't recall if it came with any codes like RB2 did (and that one won't work either)

I checked and it comes with a free dlc code but there's no export code on the RB3 box. That's why they are calculating who played it in order to appear in RB4 on december.

So, it has been a few weeks since I fired up RB 3 on my 360, but I should do it by tomorrow so it flags on Harmonix's side to let them know I can export in December, right? Sorry, I am a bit confused on that aspect right now.

FyreWulff

So, it has been a few weeks since I fired up RB 3 on my 360, but I should do it by tomorrow so it flags on Harmonix's side to let them know I can export in December, right? Sorry, I am a bit confused on that aspect right now.

you should be good to go if you've ever played RB3 online. I think the 30th date only applies to the sale of RB3, not the qualification for the export.

FyreWulff

Bark at the Moon is currently missing for everyone because that song was never available as single so they can't simply add it to the Marketplace because of rights.

Wonder if this should be put in the OP because Ozzy is the only artist like this in the regular Rock Band library (not counting the full 2112, which was more of a bonus feature)

edit:

before people misread this post, I meant bonus as in "here's the same song again in unified form" as a bonus, whereas Ozzy's label insisted on those songs requiring you to buy the pack.

Megatron

I don't see the need for a separate new DLC thread, Rock Band is all about DLC anyway. We can make individual threads for major DLC releases, like full albums.

The people that are active in this OT is relatively small and tame.
I don't see a need for separate DLC OT's

It's not like story or spoiler related expansion packs.

1) this thread is going to community soon
2) Avoiding the 'new thread for new news' mandate is what got us in trouble in the rb3 thread.(or so I've heard)
3) most importantly, in this thread the news just gets stuck in the bottom somewhere. In a dedicated thread you could see all the new releases and previous releases in the first post.
4) I think it's more accessible to new users who might more easily be convinced to give the game a try.

Finally finished going through the DLC store and downloading everything that said "Purchased" on XBO. Still some stuff not showing as purchased that I know I got, like the Funk Pack a long time ago. And still waiting for bonus things like 2112 to show up (the whole thing, not the individual tracks).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
We do not currently have a good solution for entitling owners of songs which are only available on Xbox One as part of bundles, and not listed for individual sale. This is something we are still investigating.

This was in the Harmonix spreadsheet updated yesterday. Disappointing.

Finally finished going through the DLC store and downloading everything that said "Purchased" on XBO. Still some stuff not showing as purchased that I know I got, like the Funk Pack a long time ago. And still waiting for bonus things like 2112 to show up (the whole thing, not the individual tracks).

I think they inferred that 2112 won't be coming as a full track, of so some speculated earlier in this thread. I'm hopeful they can find a workaround for what I assume to be issues with the digital marketplaces, but who knows.

FyreWulff

I thought the original DLC thread was closed down because of some weird drama between posters?

It was shut down because the only relevance the thread had to Rock Band was phrase "Rock Band" in the title. When you clicked the thread there was zero Rock Band discussion and it was just used to coordinate thread and forum raids elsewhere on GAF and the internet.

This was in the Harmonix spreadsheet updated yesterday. Disappointing.

Oh come on Microsoft..

HNtikYx.png

getting real tired of this shit

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't consider 2112 to be a bonus. I honestly only have interest in it as a full track. Playing it in the broken up sections isn't as fun.

So I asked this right when the game came out but apparently there were issues at the time and patches were needed, but how is drumming in this game now? Is it a worthwhile investment to make the jump or is it basically the same as rock band 3 other than new songs? Due to DLC/system switching type stuff, it would either be a big investment or just forgetting about all my old dlc to play 4, and I only really care about drumming, so I was wondering if they've made it better or done anything interesting in that way. Also, how are the new drum sets?

DagsJT

I'm looking at buying RB4 for the Xbox One and after some advice. I had the previous RB's on the PS3 so I'm not able to import anything over.

Is there a way of me "importing" previous RB disc tracks onto the XBox One now? Can you buy the games digitally to get the key needed?

CloudWolf

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't consider 2112 to be a bonus. I honestly only have interest in it as a full track. Playing it in the broken up sections isn't as fun.
Yeah, I always considered the broken up sections as the bonus. I can't fathom why anyone would play that instead of the full track.

So that Dream Genie song is something else. There is zero enjoyment whatsoever in playing that song.

I think Dream Genie is a great song and I'm really looking forward to seeing Lightning Bolt live next month, but I agree that it's pretty terrible to play in the game.

I'm looking at buying RB4 for the Xbox One and after some advice. I had the previous RB's on the PS3 so I'm not able to import anything over.

Is there a way of me "importing" previous RB disc tracks onto the XBox One now? Can you buy the games digitally to get the key needed?

The first post lays out what still works.

Kolma

Hot damn Harmonix.

So they fixed the Interpol - All the Rage Back Home entitlement issue where some people (myself included) got it for free.

Now it shows up as $1.99 in the store and if you try to play the song you get the error "The song data you were accessing has become unavailable. Please select a different song. Note that clearing your song cache from the Options menu may fix this issue"

I expect the same result to come from our free Viva la Gloria that we got by mistake instead of VlG (Little Girl)

Kind of fearful of what can happen in the future now with them being able to take away stuff like this..

(Xbox One)

CloudWolf

Oh seriously? I can't play the Interpol song anymore? That's worrying.
Mainly because it confirms that Microsoft/Sony can take away your songs, not that I really care about that Interpol song.

It was shut down because the only relevance the thread had to Rock Band was phrase "Rock Band" in the title. When you clicked the thread there was zero Rock Band discussion and it was just used to coordinate thread and forum raids elsewhere on GAF and the internet.

As someone who was there, that is a bit of a stretch. Well the thread ended on a pretty crazy note and i can see how it may be a bit hard to have gelled into, it was no different then almost any other community thread that exists now.

More on topic, i do hope they have DLC planned through at least 2015. So far, the first 2 weeks have been solid, so i have pretty high hopes we are gonna see some pretty big heavy hitters outside of U2 and Van Halen for the rest of the year!

DagsJT

The first post lays out what still works.

Cheers, not sure why I didn't think to check the first post.

Anyway, just tried to buy the RB1 export key on the Xbox store and getting a message saying the purchase can't be completed. Tried with two cards which are both fine, is there an issue for people downloading the export key now?

Kolma

Cheers, not sure why I didn't think to check the first post.

Anyway, just tried to buy the RB1 export key on the Xbox store and getting a message saying the purchase can't be completed. Tried with two cards which are both fine, is there an issue for people downloading the export key now?

RB1 export was finally shut down a week or 2 ago.

CloudWolf

Hot damn Harmonix.

So they fixed the Interpol - All the Rage Back Home entitlement issue where some people (myself included) got it for free.

Now it shows up as $1.99 in the store and if you try to play the song you get the error "The song data you were accessing has become unavailable. Please select a different song. Note that clearing your song cache from the Options menu may fix this issue"

I expect the same result to come from our free Viva la Gloria that we got by mistake instead of VlG (Little Girl)

Kind of fearful of what can happen in the future now with them being able to take away stuff like this..

(Xbox One)
Just a heads-up, in my game the Interpol song is working again and I got it through the bug.

Ok, many of us don't like Visions or Dream Jeannie. Personally, I also don't get Interpol. I've only heard the song in RB4 and I'm like "Really? This jangly shapeless stuff is hawt and kewl?"

I wouldn't have to be here complaining if a RB1 or RB2 EXPORT were available! Or that patch? Where's the patch?

Now get off my lawn!

dgco86

December is longgggggg.

On NXOE the game seems to really stutter and perform poorly. Or that might just be me but damn, it does not run all that great.

Now that I've finally got my DLC in order, I got down to playing the game and am suffering from the random stutter too. Don't remember having this issue on the older dash so I guess it must be the NXOE.

I do not have the NXOE and after adding about 50 songs(been slowly adding my DLC) I too started getting a bit of stutter. The game seems to play fine, the animations just stutter a bit. I did not notice this before.

Lady Gaia

I don't mind the game coming with songs I dislike. I'll even play songs I wouldn't normally listen to from time to time, but I draw the line at songs I absolutely despise. The last tour of the campaign route I chose was named something like "Indie Legends." It seemed like a safe bet, and the game gave zero indication what kinds of choices I'd have in music. Indie stuff sounded good.

Instead it was a predetermined six song set with one song I disliked (Valhalla), one that was okay (Rock and Roll Hoochie-Koo), followed by four that just got progressively worse and worse to the point where I had to turn the sound virtually off and play mostly from visual cues. It still drove my wife out of the room and I couldn't bear to play the game for days afterwards.

Why, Harmonix? Good grief. If I could have gotten my money back on all the DLC I'd bought since RB4 came out and gotten a refund on the game in that instant, I'd have been tempted. Don't make people play songs that they absolutely hate. Give us a rating system because right now I can't pick any of the vague voting options for fear that one of these tracks will emerge again.

bobohoro

Ok, many of us don't like Visions or Dream Jeannie. Personally, I also don't get Interpol. I've only heard the song in RB4 and I'm like "Really? This jangly shapeless stuff is hawt and kewl?"

I wouldn't have to be here complaining if a RB1 or RB2 EXPORT were available! Or that patch? Where's the patch?

Now get off my lawn!

Their debut Turn Off The Bright Lights is a pretty amazing dark Post-Punk thingy. Highly recommended. Antics is slightly more average and upbeat, but still has some really great tracks on it.
Everything afterwards? Meh. While I can personally still get some enjoyment out of Or Love To Admire, both their self-titled and El Pintor (where All The Rage Back Home originates from) are not worth a damn. Boring and uninspired. Jangly shapeless stuff is an apt description for that.

And yeah, Visions is fun on drums, but not much else. Dream Genie is the better song (Lightning Bolt was always rather fascinating band/duo) but it's pretty unfun on everything.

pacman85

I don't mind the game coming with songs I dislike. I'll even play songs I wouldn't normally listen to from time to time, but I draw the line at songs I absolutely despise. The last tour of the campaign route I chose was named something like "Indie Legends." It seemed like a safe bet, and the game gave zero indication what kinds of choices I'd have in music. Indie stuff sounded good.

Instead it was a predetermined six song set with one song I disliked (Valhalla), one that was okay (Rock and Roll Hoochie-Koo), followed by four that just got progressively worse and worse to the point where I had to turn the sound virtually off and play mostly from visual cues. It still drove my wife out of the room and I couldn't bear to play the game for days afterwards.

Why, Harmonix? Good grief. If I could have gotten my money back on all the DLC I'd bought since RB4 came out and gotten a refund on the game in that instant, I'd have been tempted. Don't make people play songs that they absolutely hate. Give us a rating system because right now I can't pick any of the vague voting options for fear that one of these tracks will emerge again.
Agree with everything here. Especially the part about giving us a rating/lighter system like in previous Rock Band games. I don't know how in the world the lead developer on Reddit claimed that people couldn't find stuff like the filter/rating system in quickplay mode so they just ditched it all together. What kind of focus testing are they doing?! I hope they let people who have actually played Rock Band before do testing on this new game while in development and not just people who have never played a video game before. And if they did, you are telling me this stuff was "too hard" to get to or rarely used? I just simply don't believe it.

Top Bottom