• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man, being away to visit family sure sucks. Haven't played this since Saturday night, and won't be able to until tomorrow night. The agony.

But then I have a three-week vacation ahead of me during which I will play sooo much RL. I'll probably be better than Kronovi by the end of it. Probably.

Dubz

Anyone want to team up with me, semi-pro atm and still learning but playing reasonably well. Looking to increase my win chances by playing with some gaffers cause im not having alot of luck with my match ups.
I do. Dubzinator on PSN

Also semi pro

hao chi

Well, great. My system just froze while booting up the game at the Psyonix logo, and apparently that corrupted my save data. And every time my system has tried to upload this game's save data to PS+ it failed, so now I'm back at square one as a level 1 rookie with no unlocks.

Mandelbo

I'm having trouble connecting too - it says I'm offline, but the PS4's definitely connected to the internet. I'm in the UK, so maybe it's regional?

Afrodium

Banned
I miss the damn ball every damn time. I tend to jump too late but when I jump early I miss the ball by inches. I'm sure my teammates hate me but hey, I just want to improve.

Any tips or eye opening videos. I'm having a blast but it would be even better if I was at least decent.

Just keep playing. There's no real trick to hitting the ball besides just properly lining up the shot and executing it correctly. It will come with time as you get a better sense of your car's handling and the physics of the ball. Even then you'll still probably whiff every now and then, but that's all part of the fun.

Well, great. My system just froze while booting up the game at the Psyonix logo, and apparently that corrupted my save data. And every time my system has tried to upload this game's save data to PS+ it failed, so now I'm back at square one as a level 1 rookie with no unlocks.

This reminds me, I need to make room on PS+

Stupid PS+ Taking way too long to update cloud storage space.

Epic Saves like that should be worth like 80 points.

Something went wrong in EU matchmaking and it spiraled a bit, trying to fix.

Damn, I can just imagine a team of Psyonix trained monkeys super gluing and duct taping the servers together as new wires ping out and blow up everywhere :D

TimeEffect, SARPBC seems like a lifetime ago now. I can barely even remember ever playing it lol. I stopped playing it properly soooo long ago that I've forgotten how the cars handled :(

What I will say though is that there are way fewer cross map shots now. You used to be able to put in a bullet from anywhere, but now you have to work the ball up the pitch a lot more.

It pissed a few vets off at the start but either Psyonix tweaked the physics to find an immaculate middle ground or we all got used to it.

Damn, I can just imagine a team of Psyonix trained monkeys super gluing and duct taping the servers together as new wires ping out and blow up everywhere :D

TimeEffect, SARPBC seems like a lifetime ago now. I can barely even remember ever playing it lol. I stopped playing it properly soooo long ago that I've forgotten how the cars handled :(

What I will say though is that there are way fewer cross map shots now. You used to be able to put in a bullet from anywhere, but now you have to work the ball up the pitch a lot more.

It pissed a few vets off at the start but either Psyonix tweaked the physics to find an immaculate middle ground or we all got used to it.

You mean, you used to be able to get more power from your shots?

I remember, I think ickingfudiot, saying that they reduced the overall speed of the ball in the second beta, but I don't remember exactly.

Though you're probably talking about alpha/first beta. But that sounds like a good change anyway.

You mean, you used to be able to get more power from your shots?

I remember, I think ickingfudiot, saying that they reduced the overall speed of the ball in the second beta, but I don't remember exactly.

Though you're probably talking about alpha/first beta. But that sounds like a good change anyway.

I meant the speed of SARPBC to RL. RL gradually got quicker. The very first day of the first alpha was horrendously boring imo lol.

Also, Fysho has uploaded a highlight reel of Team Rocket #1's quarter final. Complete with Dana!

Rocket League ESL kick-off cup 1 - Team Rocket hi…: https://youtu.be/yn02S6ntFT4

Anyone want to team up with me, semi-pro atm and still learning but playing reasonably well. Looking to increase my win chances by playing with some gaffers cause im not having alot of luck with my match ups.

I'll be on around 4ct if you'd like to play. LVL 20.

PSN Bdraughn

Anyone else down to play, add me

Flunkie

Banned
This reminds me, I need to make room on PS+

Stupid PS+ Taking way too long to update cloud storage space.

Epic Saves like that should be worth like 80 points.
I cleared out a TON of space on my PS+ from Dragon Age Inquisition. My multiple save files were taking up more than 1/3 of my space.

I like to believe we found a middle ground on physics, but there are some people from the community who were (and I assume still are) very unhappy about the changes and felt they lowered the skillcap unforgivably.

Because you could score from just about anywhere on the field more easily in SARBPC, you can argue it has more of an emphasis on individual player skill. I'm not sure I'd agree but I can see why they feel that way.

It underlined a bit of a disconnect we always had as players vs. how our community evolved the game - we'd always played SARBPC a lot like RL is played now, with a focus on sets/centers over sniper shots cross field, so it felt natural to us but wasn't as well received in our closed alpha testing.

From a trivia standpoint, the early alpha builds were really "heavy" - cars were slower, ball was tough to powershot, etc. We were a bit misled I would say in retrospect, but we were chasing some cool interactions with a more 'realistic' physics model that you don't see in the final product. I think we landed on the best model though after taking Alpha feedback and speeding things up closer to the original.

GRIMREEFZ

NOTHING is funner than playing this with 2-3 of your friends and winning. Once the servers work better this will be GOTY... or splatoon. havent been able to decide.

PBY

Banned
I like to believe we found a middle ground on physics, but there are some people from the community who were (and I assume still are) very unhappy about the changes and felt they lowered the skillcap unforgivably.

Because you could score from just about anywhere on the field more easily in SARBPC, you can argue it has more of an emphasis on individual player skill. I'm not sure I'd agree but I can see why they feel that way.

It underlined a bit of a disconnect we always had as players vs. how our community evolved the game - we'd always played SARBPC a lot like RL is played now, with a focus on sets/centers over sniper shots cross field, so it felt natural to us but wasn't as well received in our closed alpha testing.

From a trivia standpoint, the early alpha builds were really "heavy" - cars were slower, ball was tough to powershot, etc. We were a bit misled I would say in retrospect, but we were chasing some cool interactions with a more 'realistic' physics model that you don't see in the final product. I think we landed on the best model though after taking Alpha feedback and speeding things up closer to the original.

I never played the OG, but Im loving this.

Dominator

I love flying. I just started trying and I finally get the hang of it a little bit. It has the added benefit that barely nobody does it online yet so once the ball takes flight I go right after it with no competition.

This game is just so incredible. Me and my friends are having some of the most fun playing a game we've ever had. We've never laughed and yelled at each other so much!

Larogue

wiePguf.gif

Flunkie

Banned
After the tournament yesterday, I was spent... burnt out on RL and didn't want to play anymore, probably for a couple days. Today at work, I'm frothing at the mouth thinking about it all day and can't wait to get back home and boot it up.

Hasney

After the tournament yesterday, I was spent... burnt out on RL and didn't want to play anymore, probably for a couple days. Today at work, I'm frothing at the mouth thinking about it all day and can't wait to get back home and boot it up.

Haha yeah, I was like that after as well and now I wish I could get a game in!

Last night my brother and I were playing ranked doubles and got paired up against the same two people for 3 games in a row. The first game we lost 6-0 so when we saw them again right after we were like..crap lol. But we wound up winning that one 4-0. The last game was close, went into overtime, and we won. Such a good feeling!

DBT85

Well I played about 15 games this morning, did some training bits.

A chunk of my gamers were just a Rookie league against the AI, 9 week season. Certainly on that level its too easy to score from nearly every kick off. In one game I was 5-0 up after 16 seconds on the clock lol.

Then jumped into some 3v3 online which I think was only 3 games. Lost 2 by a goal but it was still great fun.

I kind of think I'd like to hear an Unreal Tournament style announcement when a player gets destroyed or you get a hatrick or something.

Will be following what the devs do and playing with interest. Hopefully when everything is up and running in a more stable fashion the matchmaking will put me with people as similarly inept as I!

AcridMeat

Banned
I love flying. I just started trying and I finally get the hang of it a little bit. It has the added benefit that barely nobody does it online yet so once the ball takes flight I go right after it with no competition.

This game is just so incredible. Me and my friends are having some of the most fun playing a game we've ever had. We've never laughed and yelled at each other so much!
You're right about flying. Unfortunately that's something that will go away once people get better. Not looking forward to it though.

Also the same with my friend group. I got my league group to get into it and we've had so much fun laughing hysterically at it playing custom 3v3s and regular 3s and 4s. It's made me resent league of legends which is crazy for how much I (still) play that game.

One of the biggest bummers in the game: the game gets pushed to overtime, one of your teammates doesn't boost on kickoff when they have a lead position, other team scores on kickoff.

I picked up this game last night and couldn't put it down. Ran through the tutorials on rookie and semi-pro, and played a few online games. Stunk out loud a few times until I remapped some of the controls, cause I kept braking when I wanted to powerslide. I stink at getting in front of and blocking the ball, and anticipating where it's going to be (the physics are a bit floaty for the ball, I keep expecting it to drop faster than it does). But practice makes less mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom