• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

Last night me and two randoms got on a bit of a roll. We ended up partying up and winning every match except one. They both sent me messages and friend requests. I can't remember the last time that's happened, becoming friends with randoms. Rocket League bros ;(

Has anyone played with people using mics? I haven't heard a single person talk. I know it's push to talk by default, I wonder if people know or just don't care enough to talk.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
One of the biggest bummers in the game: the game gets pushed to overtime, one of your teammates doesn't boost on kickoff when they have a lead position, other team scores on kickoff.

It's annoying anytime someone spawns up front, and they don't go after the ball on kickoff. If I'm at the very back, I don't even waste my time trying to get to the kickoff. I wait for the ball to be hit so I can clear the ball if needed.

How do you find your skill rating? I can't seem to find mine, not even on the friends leaderboard.

While looking at the ranked playlists, it will show your skill right under each button when it's selected (duel, doubles, 3v3).

IISANDERII

One thing I'd like to see is a 2v2v2v2 on a square pitch with four goals. That could be fun
Heh nice idea, yeah I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more modes or types of fields. Fields with different walls, narrower pitch etc just slightly could add a bit of variety.

waypoetic

Banned
Not being able to play 3on3 sucks. Me and two other GAFers were hoping to do just that last night but, nope, we could only do 2on2. We later found out that 3on3 isn't even available at this time, then why have the option in the UI then?

Not being able to play 3on3 sucks. Me and two other GAFers were hoping to do just that last night but, nope, we could only do 2on2. We later found out that 3on3 isn't even available at this time, then why have the option in the UI then?

If you're talking about 3v3 Ranked, it's a solo queue so you can play ranked 3v3 without getting party stomped. But we realize that might have been the wrong call and are going to change it most likely.

BShadowJ

Huh? Unless you're talking about ranked, you're more than capable to play 3v3... It goes up to 4v4 even!

Edit: I see ickingfudiot explained it better than me lol.

Firthy

Anyone want to team up with me, semi-pro atm and still learning but playing reasonably well. Looking to increase my win chances by playing with some gaffers cause im not having alot of luck with my match ups.

Hey man, I'm in the same boat, my PSN is firthy01 if you'd like to add me :)

Mailbox

My AI team mates keep scoring on our own goal. It's happened at least 4 times just yesterday. The opposite team rarely ever has that happen. It's kinda really annoying. That and the fact that my team AI seams to like to move the ball closer to my goal rather than to the other teams one at times.

The game is really fine but my god when these things happen it sucks and is kinda infuriating. Lost 2 or 3 season matches because of this kinda stuff ....

Markew001

If you're talking about 3v3 Ranked, it's a solo queue so you can play ranked 3v3 without getting party stomped. But we realize that might have been the wrong call and are going to change it most likely.

Any chance we'll see any team creation, logo customization, team tournaments or other stuff of that nature?

nicolajNN

Change as in 3v3 ranked will be available for parties, or adding one for parties so both options are there? Tough call I guess since you probably don't want to split the player pool too much

waypoetic

Banned

Yeah, ranked, sorry. We were in a party. You're one of the devs? If so, i've got a question: what's up with the bots? First of all: they got wicked aim. Secondly, why can't the game continue to search for players instead of just filling up the two slots on the other team with bots? I'll happily wait an extra 30 seconds just so that i can play with humans, instead of AI.

This game is amazing, and I love how flexible the game is online.

Example: Me (PS+), Friend (PS+), Friend (no PS+) were CO-OP split screen, playing with 2 Friends (both PS+ and Split screen) in a party. It was flawless.

I haven't done the tutorial but it seems the jumping and hitting the ball just comes naturally after a few games. If there is DLC to be bought, I'm all in (if it's reasonable).

Copenap

Nonono, don't do this, you guys absolutely did the right thing. Otherwhise you need to have two 3v3 queues.

PBY

Banned
Am I the only one that doesn't want more modes? I just don't want the online community to get fragmented.... I like that I can find a 2v2 match fairly easily whenever

Dominator

Hardest trophy is by far the 500km one. Thats going to take some time to get, based off of the 10 or so hours I've played compared to the amount driven based off the tire stats lol

drotahorror

A tighter and more refined game. 60fps, less input lag, and better car/ball physics make a huge difference. I can't go back to the first game on input lag alone. That and the sluggish sub 60fps with screen tearing headache.

But there's tons of screen tearing if you don't turn vsync on (ps4).

Not yet, unfortunately :(

I'm definitely playing on PC whenever that gets implemented. It'll suck ranking up again but the game runs like butter on PC.

Yeah I have one friend on PC and one on PS4 that I'd like to play with.

Can't see myself going to PS4 as the PC version runs smooth as butter at highest settings and Max FOV too.

Mentok

Banned
Well, I officially suck at this game. I'm struggling with my 3v3 team against pro bots lol. I still can't stop playing! If anyone is looking for a 3rd not really caring how well you do, hit me up on PSN: Berzerk-O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom