• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the speed of SARPBC to RL. RL gradually got quicker. The very first day of the first alpha was horrendously boring imo lol.

Also, Fysho has uploaded a highlight reel of Team Rocket #1's quarter final. Complete with Dana!

Rocket League ESL kick-off cup 1 - Team Rocket hi…: https://youtu.be/yn02S6ntFT4

Interesting! I know there's some footage online, Im curious to watch it myself now

I like to believe we found a middle ground on physics, but there are some people from the community who were (and I assume still are) very unhappy about the changes and felt they lowered the skillcap unforgivably.

Because you could score from just about anywhere on the field more easily in SARBPC, you can argue it has more of an emphasis on individual player skill. I'm not sure I'd agree but I can see why they feel that way.

It underlined a bit of a disconnect we always had as players vs. how our community evolved the game - we'd always played SARBPC a lot like RL is played now, with a focus on sets/centers over sniper shots cross field, so it felt natural to us but wasn't as well received in our closed alpha testing.

From a trivia standpoint, the early alpha builds were really "heavy" - cars were slower, ball was tough to powershot, etc. We were a bit misled I would say in retrospect, but we were chasing some cool interactions with a more 'realistic' physics model that you don't see in the final product. I think we landed on the best model though after taking Alpha feedback and speeding things up closer to the original.

Thanks for the explanation. I like reading about stuff like this.

GeeTeeCee

Damn, can't get onto the servers to get into a game, meaning I couldn't take up any of the invites sent by fellow GAFfers. I really wanted to play online with you folks...

Staf

Still can't believe this game is instantly free. Would easily pay $40-$60 for it. Even my girlfriend loves it and she usually only likes platformers and RPGs.

MrS

Banned
Hardest trophy is by far the 500km one. Thats going to take some time to get, based off of the 10 or so hours I've played compared to the amount driven based off the tire stats lol
Trophy is glitched and should pop between 65k and 120k on a set of tires.

Karu

Nah, all the unlocks are random. I unlocked him almost immediately.
Since I got him after winning at least one time with every single car and the number of people that did so seems quite high, I would assume that must have been a bug or sth. like that?! At the least I very much doubt it's entirely random.

LaneDS

If you're talking about 3v3 Ranked, it's a solo queue so you can play ranked 3v3 without getting party stomped. But we realize that might have been the wrong call and are going to change it most likely.

Awesome. Ranked 3s would be really welcomed by my group of friends and I.

Also really appreciate how forthcoming you and the other devs are here and on Reddit.

Also there is a GAF Steam Group
8ef5de86cff35f62e321a0cf5bf8a55ae71da9b0_full.jpg

only 5 people so far but I've only posted the link once. Would be nice to organize some GAF 4v4 once a week or something,

The Beard

This game is so addicting. I love it. The month DriveClub Ps+ edition finally drops and its getting completely outshined by this gem.

red731

I'm really bad at this game. Wish there was more boost. Maybe items or something to spice things up.

Please, it is perfect. If you need more boost pick the eallow floaing balls and learn how to flip forward and backward - you can get ridiculous speed even without any boost to boot ;)

Also there is a GAF Steam Group
8ef5de86cff35f62e321a0cf5bf8a55ae71da9b0_full.jpg

only 5 people so far but I've only posted the link once. Would be nice to organize some GAF 4v4 once a week or something,

Joined. red (faith)

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/619973340405481473

Seems like we may see this hit Xbox One sometime! I thought Sony would try to secure this, they'd be silly not to try as it's easily a system seller (IMO at least).

Just glad to see so many people excited for this. MS would also be crazy not to try and get this. Presumably, it's coming after a few months, since Psyonix most likely wants as much exposure as possible.

I was hoping to see Sony organize tournies and competitive events for this, but at this point, it seems the game's community will do that all on their own.

I love seeing this game get bigger and bigger.

red731

More people need to learn to front flip. Constantly hearing my friends say "No boost!" when they could have front flipped and hit the ball in.

FF once, twice, thrice and be back at your warm place in the goal post.
Same thing can be done back. Absolutely necessary for high level gameplay.

Pepiope

Seems like we may see this hit Xbox One sometime! I thought Sony would try to secure this, they'd be silly not to try as it's easily a system seller (IMO at least).

Just glad to see so many people excited for this. MS would also be crazy not to try and get this. Presumably, it's coming after a few months, since Psyonix most likely wants as much exposure as possible.

I was hoping to see Sony organize tournies and competitive events for this, but at this point, it seems the game's community will do that all on their own.

Cross platform play for PS4-PC-Xbox One. Make it happen.

Hasney

Sweet that everyone can get on it, but it would mean they're isolated with no crossplay unless some magic can be worked. If PC and PS4 are playing together, then MS can't join in as I don't believe either company allow it. Huge shame, but hopefully it comes out and is a success there too.

Don't hold your breath, FF14 didn't come to XB1 because it didn't allow cross play with other platforms on the XBL policy. Hopefully it's reversed though!

FF once, twice, thrice and be back at your warm place in the goal post.
Same thing can be done back. Absolutely necessary for high level gameplay.

That too. I think a "Pro-tip!" list would be nice in the OP. FF/BF Boosting, knowing primary position at kick off in 3v3, using right analog to scout around on a highball so your whole team doesn't wreck and create opportunities and powersliding to get under that ball you misjudged or to align yourself for a save.

I think the biggest detriment is communication, but there's only so much you can do about that. Maybe adding a quick bit in the tutorial on using the D-Pad (Or whatever the keyboard controls are for that) and push-to-talk.

That'd be cool, but I doubt it lol. MS will likely allow PC/Xbox play, but I wonder how the game will handle that. PC players will probably connect to either Xbox or PS4, but definitely not both at the same time.

I hope not as an exclusive .It would be better suited for E-Sports if it can be on every platform. Obviously Xbone would have their own community but that's fine. At tournaments though PC version would probably be the best because there is already a ton of PCs capable of running it without on any a hitch on any map and it natively supports both ps4 and xbone controllers.I hope these guys make enough money to remain independent and join bigger tournament scenes like Dreamhack etc without the need to be exclusive to any platform. More game sells, more dlc sold, more money for the devs, more support.

Noob friendly? Just started playing Saturday, still learning in alot of ways.

Absolutely. All will be welcome.

redhood56

Banned
We are looking for one last member of Goon Squad USA. Terrible players are welcome because we are trying to get as many kills as possible since we know we aren't going to win.ps4 version

That too. I think a "Pro-tip!" list would be nice in the OP.

I think Psyonix should make use of their announcement page/area of the screen. We all see it as soon as we enter the menu. I also think they should simply advertise videos by people like CoolCole, who are doing a series of video tips. Simply hotlink the Youtube video, and get the PS4 web browser to open it. Good way to connect the community that way.

I love Rocket League but it's objectively not even close to being a system seller to the mainstream.

red731

I think the biggest detriment is communication, but there's only so much you can do about that. Maybe adding a quick bit in the tutorial on using the D-Pad (Or whatever the keyboard controls are for that) and push-to-talk.

People are slowly warming to use the dpad comms.
At first, when centering, I am watchin the player in goal post if he moves or not - if he moves, he knows what he may be doing. Just by staying there.

I'm defending, centering, what a save, nice shot, omg, wow, whoops and sorry are my faw.
Up down, up left, left down, left up? left left?, right up, right right?, down right?, down down

From head. Need to practice using it more.

I think Psyonix should make use of their announcement page/area of the screen. We all see it as soon as we enter the menu. I also think they should simply advertise videos by people like CoolCole, who are doing a series of video tips. Simply hotlink the Youtube video, and get the PS4 web browser to open it. Good way to connect the community that way.

I still see "offline" in the scrolling black bar at the bottom in the menu. Using the ann. page/area would be awesome. Like galnet news from E:D or something like that. With news and tips to get players better.

red731

So, buddy is coming into town tonight and I was wondering if split screen on the PC version is possible?

What I did when playing with my GF on monitor and TV next to each other is changing some stuff in .ini

I have my full SPLITSCREEN on my motitor and she had her's on the TV. (dial the video setting down for 60fps - each sceen is rendered this way - higher resource demands)
I use AMD eyefinity, set the screen res to 3840x1080, allow secondary display aka set it to TRUE variable and set the res of each screen to 1920x1080.

Whew. Here is the link to get you some heads up. UE3 btw - https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3ckh0l/my_steam_splitscreen_setup/

Code:
So first you need to enable surround on your monitors (nVidia control panel or AMD equivalent if there is one). Then in the RocketLeague/Engine/Config folder, open the BaseSystemSettings.ini file.
These are the lines to change:
ResX=
ResY=

AllowSecondaryDisplays=True
SecondaryDisplayMaximumWidth=
SecondaryDisplayMaximumHeight=
Set ResX and ResY to your full multi-monitor resolution. Then change the SecondaryDisplay X/Y's to the individual resolutions.
To get my array to work, I had to configure my surround as a 2x2 (because RL's 4 player split screen is a 2x2 grid). My bottom monitors are 1080p and my top one is 1440p. The 2x2 array knocked the top one down to 1080p so my settings were 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 respectively.
Not sure how RocketLeague handles 3 player split-screen though, you may have to get creative.

it would be 3840x1080 since you're setting up a 1x2 array. Give that a try.
Btw that .ini link will change into \Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config and something TAS....TASystemSettings, after changing it. Check the root of game and then documents! GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom