• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1SSY

I have watched a lot of streams so far and have been itching for a soccer type game after all of the World Cup games so I cannot wait for this to come out.

BashNasty

So I've got a problem. I really want to play this tonight but I'm in Chicago, so no luck on the store updating. No problem, I'll create a New Zealand account and sign up for a free 14 day PS+ trial to get the game early. Unfortunately I'm running into a snag. It wants me to input my Credit Card info for the free trial. That's no problem by itself, but the issue comes with the billing address. Obviously my billing address is in Chicago, not New Zealand, but the final screen of the credit card input process won't let me change my country away from NZ for the billing address, which causes my card to not be accepted, which causes me to not be able to sign up for the free trial of PS+, which causes me to not be able to download Rocket League. Which causes me to be sad.

Anyone know a way around this problem?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oops, it's 6am. I may or may not have played for 6 hours straight. I even had about 10 people watching me suck on Twitch!

hydruxo

Hahah... sooo impacient, you cant wait a couple of hours? Literally HOURS, get outside for a while

Haha so I'm getting singled out for this? Do you not see the 10 other people on the last page saying the same shit?

I don't have a problem with waiting. It's just frustrating that Sony is so inconsistent with this when it came out at midnight everywhere else.

painey

Ive been watching this on Twitch and it looks fun as hell, but I don't understand why the arenas are all the same gameplay wise. I feel like there should be some arenas with walls, or hills, or jumps, you know, to mix it up and make it crazier.

This new "EU gets PS+ content the same day as US" has basically translated to "get that up there as quickly as possible so we don't forget".

All the content live for Europe and I, finally, have this downloading!

Samaritan

Ive been watching this on Twitch and it looks fun as hell, but I don't understand why the arenas are all the same gameplay wise. I feel like there should be some arenas with walls, or hills, or jumps, you know, to mix it up and make it crazier.

Well you don't design a football field or a soccer pitch differently just because it's in a different city.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My first Rocket League GIF, I call it "Out me way son, that's my goal!"

VelvetyAlertItalianbrownbear.gif

http://gfycat.com/VelvetyAlertItalianbrownbear

valeo

How much does latency affect this game? I ask because I'm in Australia, and I assume the Australian community will be dead after a few weeks as per usual.

Great that it's cross-platform, though - that should keep it going a bit longer.

How much does latency affect this game? I ask because I'm in Australia, and I assume the Australian community will be dead after a few weeks as per usual.

Great that it's cross-platform, though - that should keep it going a bit longer.

They actually have dedicated servers in Australia!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
ok, started teh game up yesterday got in a party, and BAM, 6 hours later.
This game man, this game!

played several times vs martintheboss and his mates and other than 1 match where we had a realistic chance to win, we got demolished.
These guys were so quick on the ball, ever fucking time they had perfect placement and anticipated where the ball will go even before someone else shot it and where in the air allready.

Mechazawa

There's apparently some nebulous twitch stream where the devs said they're not doing a 4 pack at launch for Steam. Guess I'll wait out a week or whatever.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Yes please. You'd have an instant sub here. It's going to happen eventually why not be the first.

theres allready a guy whoi did shoutcasting for the preview release.
but he had horrible echoe, only listend for a minute, so i dont know if hes any good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
8 hours of work, then home to fire this baby up. I'm gonna get real good at this, I can feel it. ;) I love games that rely on pure skill and practice rather than grinding for upgrades. Trials has been my favorite such skill-based game up until now, maybe this can take that crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom