• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already number 2 on steam!
FiGfeAJ.png

dlbeast

Like every PS+ game before it, yeah. Don't know why they changed it for PAL, but I'm not complaining.

yea.......i didnt know......i never stay up late looking for a game...but somethig about this game gives me goosebumps....maybe im sick...but the one time i think hey ill stay till midnight expecting this to be there im like soooo wrong..... its all good....i guess ill grab some rum.... and go to sleep..... itll be here soon enough

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.

v1lla21

I finally got off because I have to go to work in a few hours. Lol. Is there a stats page? I would check the OP but it breaks my phone every time there's a lot of pictures and stuff :(

Noaloha

Definitely having a tricky time switching between cams effectively with everything else going on, doesn't seem to be clicking for me. But I can definitely see that ballcam-all-the-time is doing me no favours. I might play around with keybinds, perhaps put cam-swap on L1. I see there's a 'hold for ballcam' toggle in the options too, but I'm not sure that would be optimal anywhere.

Hasney

I thought you couldn't party up, but you could join private matches.

You can't do either for now.

Unfortunately you can't. Parties use platform systems to work so there's no for them to function across PS4/PC. We're looking into a quick patch to make private lobbies possible without partying which would enable cross play in private games, but full cross platform parties are a much bigger system that we'll have to consider after launch.

I'm assuming the quick patch would allow you to get a session ID ala JackBox, so you punch that in and then join that match.

Durden77

Geez people seem to really loving this game, that's awesome to hear. Any word on how the local multi runs? Having a party soon and this could be perfect.

Alright, let's have me be the guy to dig into this!

ROCKET LEAGUE IS COMING TO ANDROID AND iOS!

These are in BaseSystemSettings in the file folder, along with headers such as [SystemSettingsAndroid], and separate entries based on the memory of the phone.

It will be a BARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT of iPhone 3GS according to the .ini, and iOS gets an exclusive graphical feature: Bloom (which needs DoF to run the UberPP) works on iOS but is slow

In terms of PC options...

MaxAnisotropy=4
MaxMultiSamples=1
bAllowD3D9MSAA=False
bAllowTemporalAA=False

You can change the ini to turn up the Anisotropy to 16x (the header says that ; NOTE THAT ANY ITEMS IN THIS SECTION WILL AFFECT ALL PLATFORMS!!!), while the PS4 seems to be running a simple 4x solution.

I have no idea whether or not multisampling works yet - will be messing around with it in a bit.

Here's an ol' faithful:
ResX=1280
ResY=720
AutoDetectDesktopResolution=True

Despite being capped at 1440p in menus normally, you can force 4k this way!

I'll update when I have more to share.

EDIT1:

[Engine.PlayerInput]
MoveForwardSpeed=1200
MoveStrafeSpeed=1200
LookRightScale=300
LookUpScale=-250
MouseSensitivity=60.0
DoubleClickTime=0.250000
bEnableMouseSmoothing=true
; --- General bindings

You can fuck with the movement speed and such on PC, and turn off mouse smoothing via BaseInput.ini

Came into this thread thinking "hate having to wait the extra day here in the UK for + games" and then being reminded that the updates have changed to be the same as US and instantly going to purchase it on the store and set it to download for me to hopefully play later (If time permits).

Bad news!

You can't force 4K, even by the .ini edits, it seems. Someone else is gonna have to try that because nothing I've tried worked.

Good news!

You CAN force MSAA!

MaxMultiSamples=8
bAllowD3D9MSAA=True

These are the settings used in this screenshot - however, it seemed to introduce screen tearing for me, so I'll have to go back to borderless windowed :p

Hasney

Bad news!

You can't force 4K, even by the .ini edits, it seems. Someone else is gonna have to try that because nothing I've tried worked.

Good news!

You CAN force MSAA!

MaxMultiSamples=8
bAllowD3D9MSAA=True

These are the settings used in this screenshot - however, it seemed to introduce screen tearing for me, so I'll have to go back to borderless windowed :p

Did you change the autodetect desktop resolution to false?

This game is every bit as amazing as I remember it. Holy shit.

Do you see anything about uncapping the framerate?

No, nothing yet. Seems like it may be capped to 60.

Did you change the autodetect desktop resolution to false?

Yes. The highest I could push to with any options was 2560x1440. Anything else left me with a windowed 1280x720 game.

Also: 8x MSAA is the highest option. Anything else renders the game unable to launch.

Just for fun real quick here:

This is what the lowest I can get the game to go in terms of quality so far looks like.

Expect the mobile version to look like this, minus the grass and shading probably :p

And yes, for all intents and purposes, the game seems locked to 60FPS. Buyer beware!

And yes, for all intents and purposes, the game seems locked to 60FPS. Buyer beware!
:/

Thanks for your datamining but tbh, the Buyer Beware is in poor taste.

If the game looks and plays well, just try and work with the developers who are happy to interact with us in this thread than making it seem like their restrictions are causing people to not enjoy the game.

Hasney

If the game looks and plays well, just try and work with the developers who are happy to interact with us in this thread than making it seem like their restrictions are causing people to not enjoy the game.

Nah, to be fair it's good info as we should always be striving for better ports, but it's worth buying regardless.

It should coming with an addiction warning like on packets of cigarettes though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

This is what the lowest I can get the game to go in terms of quality so far looks like.

Expect the mobile version to look like this, minus the grass and shading probably :p

I unlocked it in the beta (alpha?) by futzing with the MaxSmoothedFrameRate setting. It ran at 120 without any issues. Not sure why that would have changed.

The game is great, but some people hoping for a higher FPS need to be aware of that.

I unlocked it in the beta (alpha?) by futzing with the MaxSmoothedFrameRate setting. It ran at 120 without any issues. Not sure why that would have changed.

Go ahead and look through the settings .ini in both documents/mygames/rocketleague/ and the actual file folder. Can't find MaxSmoothedFrameRate at all. For whatever reason, unless I'm wrong, it seems like they've removed it and locked it at 60.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I get the warning but the game is AMAZING at 60. I don't see the benefit of it as long as this is solid 60.

And my native res is 1440p. Will be forcing MSAA but in alpha, it was glitchy. I hope they fixed the issues.

Hasney

Go ahead and look through the settings .ini in both documents/mygames/rocketleague/ and the actual file folder. Can't find MaxSmoothedFrameRate at all

Try adding it? It might still work, just be deleted and default to 60.

I get the warning but the game is AMAZING at 60. I don't see the benefit of it as long as this is solid 60.

And my native res is 1440p. Will be forcing MSAA but in alpha, it was glitchy. I hope they fixed the issues.

Yeah, it's just a matter of pointing out what they got right and miffed on... The game is still 100% worth the purchase, it's phenomenal.

I wish the 4 pack was up today. Strikes me as a little slimy putting people in the position of buying now or saving up to $5 in an undisclosed period of time.

Assuming the people with blank names are on PC when playing on PS4, no issues whatsoever.

That would probably be the case as the chat isn't censored on PC, so it's a surefire way to avoid seeing people with shitty names in-game.

Also, that way you can add everyone you meet on PS4 since you know the ones with names are the other PS4 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom